ActiveMerchant Gestpay gateway (integrations) didn't work

matteo folin

Feb 25, 2011, 6:28:18 AM2/25/11
to Spree
I can't resolve this issue with ActiveMerchant Gestpay.

/my_extension/app/models/gateway/gestpay.rb:
class Gateway::Gestpay < Gateway
preference :login, :string
preference :password, :string

def provider_class
ActiveMerchant::Billing::Integrations::Gestpay
end
end

I register the gateway in the activation of extension:
# register of Gestpay Banca Sella Gateway
Gateway::Gestpay.register

Then via admin interface I create the payment method.

But when I try a payment rails raise this error:
NoMethodError (undefined method `new' for
ActiveMerchant::Billing::Integrations::Gestpay:Module):

(test with bogus was OK.)

Brian Quinn

Feb 25, 2011, 6:55:29 AM2/25/11
to spree...@googlegroups.com
There's a couple of issues with Gestpay setup as far as I can tell:

1) It's not feature complete in ActiveMerchant as the ActiveMerchant::Billing::Integrations::Gestpay is only a module, there has be an actual gateway class as well, which I don't see,

2) GestPay uses redirects (like PayPal) - so it can't be implemented within Spree like a standard gateway. Take a look at the spree_paypal_express extension  - you should be using BillingIntegration as your base class. See https://github.com/spree/spree_paypal_express

Hope that helps.

Brian Quinn

matteo folin

Feb 25, 2011, 8:22:51 AM2/25/11
to Spree
Ok. Then first I'll study, test and use your paypal express extension
and then I'll come back to Gestpay.