Can't delete products / upload images

arhar

Dec 15, 2009, 5:10:58 PM12/15/09
to Spree
Hi all,

I've deployed the site on Ubuntu server, and having some weird
problems ...

1) Deleting anything (i.e. products, zones, images) doesn't work -
"Are you sure?" popup comes up, I press 'ok', but nothing happens.
Editing/adding new things (i.e. products) works fine ...

2) Uploading new images doesn't work. When I press "New image",
nothing happens (the "New image" button disappears). Meanwhile,
editing existing images works fine - an image upload screen pops up,
it uploads new image successfully, etc ...

I'm running Spree 0.9.2, Rails 2.3.4/Apache/Phusion Passenger on
Ubuntu 9.04, in a subdirectory... Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!!!

arhar

Dec 22, 2009, 6:44:21 PM12/22/09
to Spree
Any idea, anybody?

Sean Schofield

Dec 22, 2009, 6:53:19 PM12/22/09
to spree...@googlegroups.com
I suspect a permissions issue - I'd start there. Its also possible
you are experiencing weirdness with the subdirectory. Can you try
running it outside of a subdirectory (just to see if that works?)

Sean

McKenzie

Dec 22, 2009, 7:06:15 PM12/22/09
to Spree
Hi Arhar,

Try updating to the latest Spree. I had the same problem a while back
(I think it may have been with the same version). Have you tried
deleting the products etc in both development mode and production
mode? Does the stack trace return anything?

arhar

Dec 22, 2009, 7:22:58 PM12/22/09
to Spree
McKenzie - that was it!!! I've had the environment set up as "test"
for some reason... Now I switched to production, and it all works! I
can't believe it was something so small and stupid (boy, how many
times did I say that over the years?)

Thanks McKenzie & Sean!

arhar