The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest

BanjoZebra

Oct 6, 2012, 10:52:40 AM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody. It's time. This is the fifth quiz-making contest.

How it Works:
  • For the contest, there will be a theme. All entries must pertain to that theme in any way.
  • To enter your quiz, just post it on this thread.
  • October 8 will be the last day for entering. Voting will then start at midnight EST, and take place for 2 more days.
  • The winning quiz will (if all goes well) get published on Sporcle.

How to Vote:

Email me (banjo...@gmail.com) with your vote. Your email should look something like this:

1. [Quiz 1] (your favorite entry)
2. [Quiz 2] (second favorite entry)
3. [Quiz 3] (third)

1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is 1. Please only tell me your top three.
Voting will start at midnight EST tonight, and will be over in two days. I will then tally up the votes and post our winner here.

Other Rules:
  • You may only enter one quiz.
  • You may vote if you've entered, but please don't vote for your own quiz.
  • When voting, make sure to tell me your Sporcle username.
  • Entries must be created after the contest has started.
This week's theme is:
The Letter 'K'

Interesting theme, isn't it? I'm excited to see some awesome entries.
Alright, it's time to get this contest started! Have fun!

The Quiz Contest Hall of Fame
Pick Purple by MovieGuru
Clicktional Schools by slipkid

needapausebutton

Oct 6, 2012, 12:46:33 PM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
O K. B.Z., you're Killing me with this Kontest, since I Kant use my previously Kreated K-laden Kwiz! I won't linK it as a Kontest entry but boy, I wish I Kould have! (it woulda been this Kwiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/needapausebutton/find-the-correctly-spelled-country-it-starts-with-k). Repeat, this is NOT an entry :(

Good luck to all of the Kreative Kreators in this one!

SproutCM

Oct 6, 2012, 2:37:34 PM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
So much for getting lots of work done today. Here is my entry:

Message has been deleted

rer2121

Oct 6, 2012, 4:20:50 PM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

titanjmg

Oct 6, 2012, 5:51:22 PM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Krud, kan't konceive of kool kwiz to kontribute yet. Who knew 'K' is so diffikult to kreate a kwiz for.

Geo1

Oct 6, 2012, 7:47:12 PM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
This should be kalled the Sporkle Kwiz Making Kontest.

mcomisky

Oct 6, 2012, 9:33:03 PM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here's my game: Published Kwizzes

googlebird

Oct 6, 2012, 11:41:57 PM10/6/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Hodgson

Oct 7, 2012, 11:01:52 AM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here is my K Quiz
Have Fun!

Geo1

Oct 7, 2012, 11:16:15 AM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My entry:
        'K' Typing Challenge

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

citkeane

Oct 7, 2012, 1:42:39 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My entry for your consideration:

RockGolf

Oct 7, 2012, 1:57:58 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I've interrupted Canadian Thanksgiving dinner preparations for this I hope it's worth it.

Images that begin and end in "K"

titanjmg

Oct 7, 2012, 3:13:07 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Just kompleted mine! Here it is:

Tom Pajor

Oct 7, 2012, 4:07:14 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

I'm in: Capital K

slipkid

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM, titanjmg <badge...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Just kompleted mine! Here it is:

wiggytitch

Oct 7, 2012, 4:26:33 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here's mine:

Good luck all! :)

skuban

Oct 7, 2012, 5:50:21 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here's a K grabbag! 'K' by Numbers

Hope it's enjoyable.

BuddyBoy77

Oct 7, 2012, 7:05:14 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Hodgson

Oct 7, 2012, 7:07:47 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

I'm on my phone so I can't leave a comment but i'm your quiz BuddyBoy, you have kelp or celp twice.

On Oct 7, 2012 7:05 PM, "BuddyBoy77" <soxpatscel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Message has been deleted

citkeane

Oct 7, 2012, 7:35:25 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully, it won't confuse matters that my quiz's URL  ends in k-by-numbers. I was thinking of doing the same quiz as skuban's but changed my mind. Sadly, I forgot to change the URL.

BuddyBoy77

Oct 7, 2012, 7:44:02 PM10/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much teddy109768, I have found the problem and fixed it.

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:07:48 PM UTC-4, teddy109768 wrote:

I'm on my phone so I can't leave a comment but i'm your quiz BuddyBoy, you have kelp or celp twice.

On Oct 7, 2012 7:05 PM, "BuddyBoy77" <soxpatscel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is my entry: http://www.sporcle.com/games/BuddyBoy77/which-one-is-it-k-or-c

druhutch

Oct 8, 2012, 10:46:59 AM10/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

BanjoZebra

Oct 8, 2012, 11:50:29 AM10/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Last day for entries, folks!

manonthemoon

Oct 8, 2012, 12:52:18 PM10/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Flick

Oct 8, 2012, 1:36:32 PM10/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Middle K

Thanx for setting these quizzes up Banjozebra,
btw I stole your idea, that you stole off me, that I stole of Caramba, that anybody else is free to steal :)

Hejman

Oct 8, 2012, 10:12:57 PM10/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
And here's mine, the first 90 second quiz I've ever made:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Hejman/from_john_kwincy_to_abe_linkoln

druhutch

Oct 9, 2012, 2:14:44 AM10/9/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
If I may do the honors? I figure BanjoZebra has enough to do running this thing...I've gone over the thread a couple of times, and I believe this is the official list:

Add-a-K Image Pairs (sproutcm)
Published Kwizzes (mcomisky)
KO or OK? (images) (googlebird)
K Country Facts (teddy109768)
Capital K (slipkid)
'K' by Numbers (skuban)
Big 4 Nic'K'names (manonthemoon)
Middle K (Flick)

I left out a few that I felt were better than mine. (TOTALLY kidding. They're all here.)
Voting procedure is detailed in the first post of this thread.

BanjoZebra

Oct 9, 2012, 9:22:37 AM10/9/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, druhutch!

And yes, it is time to vote.

vikZ

Oct 9, 2012, 4:56:59 PM10/9/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Aww I was too busy with Canadian Thanksgiving :(

Good luck to everyone that entered!

BuddyBoy77

Oct 9, 2012, 8:23:46 PM10/9/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
When do you announce who won. This is my first entry and I may have missed where it said that, but I am excited to see how mine turns out.

BanjoZebra

Oct 11, 2012, 7:59:24 AM10/11/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Time for results! It was a reeeaaaally close one here.

In 3rd place, with 8 points:
Krazy 'K' Konundrum by rer2121!

In 2nd place, with 16 points:
Celebrity (K)indergarten by druhutch!

Finally, the winner of the fifth quiz-making contest (with 17 points):
Your 'K' Starter for Ten by wiggytitch!

Congratulations to wiggytitch, and thanks to everyone else who participated!
Tune in next week for another contest.

LTH

Oct 11, 2012, 10:01:27 AM10/11/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hats off to wiggytitch! Go ahead and take the rest of the day off.

druhutch

Oct 11, 2012, 2:19:13 PM10/11/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
One point? I demand a recount!

Only kidding. Congrats wiggytitch! You definitely had my vote -- excellent and well-deserved winner.

wiggytitch

Oct 11, 2012, 3:03:23 PM10/11/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Wow, thanks everyone! So much excellent competition I didn't think I'd stand a chance of winning! :)

Toby123

Oct 28, 2012, 3:21:03 PM10/28/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
BZ, when is the next competition going to take place?

Daniel Hodgson

Oct 28, 2012, 3:22:07 PM10/28/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

You know I was wondering the same thing, and by the way thanks for the CP BZ

On Oct 28, 2012 3:21 PM, "Toby123" <toby123...@gmail.com> wrote:
BZ, when is the next competition going to take place?

BanjoZebra

Oct 28, 2012, 3:36:06 PM10/28/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about the long wait. I'll start it today.