The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest

BanjoZebra

Feb 10, 2013, 12:38:46 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Well that was a long hiatus.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, males and females, it's time for...
The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest!

How it Works:
  • For the contest, there will be a theme. All entries must pertain to that theme in any way.
  • To enter your quiz, just post it on this thread.
  • February 13 will be the last day for entering. Voting will then start at midnight EST, and take place for 3 more days.
  • The winning quiz will (if all goes well) get published on Sporcle.

How to Vote:

Email me (banjo...@gmail.com) with your vote. Your email should look something like this:

1. [Quiz 1] (your favorite entry)
2. [Quiz 2] (second favorite entry)
3. [Quiz 3] (third)

1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is 1. Please only tell me your top three
I will then tally up the votes and post our winner here.

Other Rules:
  • You may only enter one quiz.
  • You may vote if you've entered, but please don't vote for your own quiz.
  • When voting, make sure to tell me your Sporcle username.
  • Entries must be created after the contest has started.

This week's theme is: (duh duh-duh-duuuh!)

You know, like for Valentine's Day and stuff.

Have fun, everybody!

The Quiz Contest Hall of Fame
Pick Purple by MovieGuru
Clicktional Schools by slipkid
Grated 'Cheese' by Toby123

* Not yet published, sorry about that. I don't have much control.

Daniel Hodgson

Feb 10, 2013, 12:40:47 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Yay! It's here! I think this theme is quite appropriate.

Spacemaniac

Feb 10, 2013, 1:16:10 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Spacemaniac

Feb 10, 2013, 1:30:40 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Funny Money was published.

BanjoZebra

Feb 10, 2013, 1:33:01 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
You're right. Just a minor typo.

On Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:30:40 PM UTC-6, Spacemaniac wrote:
Funny Money was published.

hscer

Feb 10, 2013, 1:46:17 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Hodgson

Feb 10, 2013, 1:56:09 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Have Fun!

http://sporcle.com/games/teddy109768/sweetheart-sayings

On Feb 10, 2013 12:38 PM, "BanjoZebra" <banjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

NYYanks

Feb 10, 2013, 2:32:32 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

razorz

Feb 10, 2013, 4:53:27 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

mcomisky

Feb 10, 2013, 5:28:53 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

druhutch

Feb 10, 2013, 11:36:33 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

SproutCM

Feb 10, 2013, 11:43:44 PM2/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

beforever

Feb 11, 2013, 12:07:44 AM2/11/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here's mine: Hearts and Spades Logic Puzzle

I just had to.

prockstar83

Feb 11, 2013, 1:15:22 AM2/11/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I've finally joined Sporcle U!  Here's my entry.

citkeane

Feb 11, 2013, 1:15:59 AM2/11/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I think I've already exhausted my heart-themed quiz making abilities with my Valentine's Love Heart Couples quiz, so I guess I'll just be voting in this one. Good luck to all the entrants.

Tom Pajor

Feb 11, 2013, 7:31:18 PM2/11/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Get your heart on and vote for this quiz:
http://www.sporcle.com/games/slipkid/celebrities-with-heart

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM, citkeane <citize...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I think I've already exhausted my heart-themed quiz making abilities with my Valentine's Love Heart Couples quiz, so I guess I'll just be voting in this one. Good luck to all the entrants.

Message has been deleted

rszbdx

Feb 11, 2013, 10:19:36 PM2/11/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I quiz-making contests!  Here's hoping you my entry!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/rszbdx/movie-taglines-from-the-heart

JoeBeta

Feb 12, 2013, 11:43:00 AM2/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

 My entry for the Valentine's Day contest :)

JoeBeta

Headers2304

Feb 12, 2013, 2:02:04 PM2/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here's my first entry into a Quiz Making Contest:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Headers2304/kyrgyzstan-not-included

And Good Luck to everyone else taking part. :)

Cryptus

Feb 12, 2013, 2:20:34 PM2/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

tylercarson

Feb 12, 2013, 9:53:09 PM2/12/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

JoeBeta

Feb 13, 2013, 8:57:03 AM2/13/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My mistake. I was just going over the contest rules and found that my intended entry violates one of the rules - "Entries must be created after the contest has started." I created this quiz 2 days before the contest started so it doesn't qualify for the contest. Please do not waste any votes on my quiz. Thanks.

BanjoZebra

Feb 13, 2013, 9:31:24 PM2/13/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Michael

Feb 14, 2013, 7:16:53 AM2/14/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
So, it's votin' time officially now, aye?

BanjoZebra

Feb 14, 2013, 8:04:20 AM2/14/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Yes, yes it is.

And Happy Valentine's Day to all.

druhutch

Feb 15, 2013, 11:41:27 AM2/15/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Bumping this. Don't forget to vote y'all.

BanjoZebra

Feb 16, 2013, 11:51:35 AM2/16/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Today is the last day for voting!

hscer

Feb 17, 2013, 7:51:43 AM2/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My quiz won, I'm SURE of it. It had to :P
And by won, I mean didn't get a single vote, let alone place top 3

BanjoZebra

Feb 17, 2013, 9:46:31 AM2/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Okay everyone! That was a really close call.

3rd place (10 votes):
Sweetheart Messages by teddy109768

2nd place (13 votes):
♥ Hearts and Spades Logic Puzzle ♠ by beforever

1st place (14 votes):
Countries That Have  by druhutch

Congratulations to druhutch, and thanks to everybody who participated! The next contest will be up in a few weeks.

Ubbiebubbie

Feb 17, 2013, 9:55:31 AM2/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Congrats, dru!

Michael

Feb 17, 2013, 10:12:40 AM2/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Your one was so neat, druhutch! A well-deserved win!

Congrats, dru!

Headers2304

Feb 17, 2013, 10:13:17 AM2/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to Druhutch, clearly an excellent game, which even got an EP as well! Well Done.

Tom Pajor

Feb 17, 2013, 10:39:58 AM2/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hearty congratulations to Dru on a well-deserved win.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Headers2304 <hea...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Congrats to Druhutch, clearly an excellent game, which even got an EP as well! Well Done.

rszbdx

Feb 17, 2013, 11:24:49 AM2/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Excellent job, Dru!  Congratulations!  And well done to all the entrants - I know I had to really think before voting because the overall quality was really high!

hscer

    Daniel Hodgson

    Feb 17, 2013, 12:41:48 PM2/17/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

    Congrats druhutch, I was lucky to even get a vote with all these awesome quizzes.

    Spacemaniac

    Feb 17, 2013, 12:51:14 PM2/17/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Nice job, Dru, awesome quiz!
    I'm wondering how many votes I got (probably from 0 to 1).

    BanjoZebra

    Feb 17, 2013, 12:51:33 PM2/17/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Actually, you did get a second place vote.

    druhutch

    Feb 17, 2013, 12:53:26 PM2/17/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    WOW! Thanks to any who voted. I'm very honored.
    And beforever that's a really amazing quiz you made.
    I can't seem to make quizzes anymore without a "prompt", so I really appreciate these contests providing that. Do another one, BanjoZebra! (you know, when you get a chance)

    tylercarson

    Feb 17, 2013, 12:54:36 PM2/17/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    That makes me wonder, did I get any votes?

    hscer

    Feb 17, 2013, 1:02:29 PM2/17/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Wow. Two points? Even better!
    Whoever did that, please email me (hscer....@gmail.com) thanks.

    Spacemaniac

    Feb 17, 2013, 1:16:57 PM2/17/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    How many votes did I get?

    mcomisky

    Feb 18, 2013, 9:15:01 AM2/18/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Congrats to the top 3! and everybody else for participating! There were a lot of great quizzes

    needapausebutton

    Feb 18, 2013, 12:22:41 PM2/18/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Yeah, I'll echo those congrats to dru and the runners ups. Nice batch of quizzes. And as always, nice job orchestrating, BanjoZebra.