The 11th Quiz Contest!

a-josh

Sep 24, 2013, 5:57:11 PM9/24/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Yay.  We made it.  The world didn't end. And we have...

The Eleventh Quiz-Making Contest!

How it Works:
  • For the contest, there will be a theme. All entries must pertain to that theme in any way.
  • To enter your quiz, just post it on this thread.
  • October 5 will be the last day for entering. Voting will then start at midnight EST, and take place for 3 more days.
  • The winning quiz will (if all goes well) get published on Sporcle.

How to Vote:

Email me (sporcl...@gmail.com) with your vote. Your email should look something like this:

1. [Quiz 1] (your favorite entry)
2. [Quiz 2] (second favorite entry)
3. [Quiz 3] (third)

1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is 1. Please only tell me your top three
I will then tally up the votes and post our winner here.

Other Rules:
  • You may only enter one quiz.
  • You may vote if you've entered, but please don't vote for your own quiz.
  • When voting, make sure to tell me your Sporcle username.
  • Entries must be created after the contest has started.
The theme is....

Fire.

I have no idea how this will go.  But I can trust y'all to make some great quizzes!

Your Contest Winners thus far:

Sunny, not so Delight (name was changed upon publication)

RedBengalTiger (Funnyfavorer101)

Sep 24, 2013, 8:48:51 PM9/24/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I have spent my afternoon trying to figure out how to use some interesting facts I found that are relevant to the topic. Here's the result: Fire and Swords.

Any feedback is welcome.

iglew

Sep 25, 2013, 12:00:44 AM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Just in case anyone's thinking of the Billy Joel song "We didn't start the fire", that's been done at least 35 times.

Scott

Sep 25, 2013, 2:04:07 AM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here is my entry!  As always, open to suggestions and feedback!

Tom007

Sep 25, 2013, 3:30:41 AM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here's my entry: Fire in Movies (Slideshow)

Feedback is always appreciated.

Rich Milligan

Sep 25, 2013, 3:30:53 AM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

I’ll have to get my thinking cap on for a suitable entry into this – are you sure “We didn’t start the fire” hasn’t been done before??? J

RedBengalTiger – Your quiz Fire and Swords – My comments would be, who the heck are these people!? And because it’s a 50/50 quiz if you get one wrong you can obviously make a correct guess next time around. I just wonder if the man on the street would know any of these answers off the top of their heads?

Scott – Your quiz People on Fire – Great URL choice J - Enjoyed this one although as a Brit I’ve no idea about the US (I presume) version of Celebrity Apprentice. Can’t believe though when I got down to guessing the last few answers I kept multi-clicking the same thing. Yep, if Meat Loaf isn’t a “Grace under Fire” actor once, he’s still not going to be one twice! DOH!

Cheers

BGC

Spacemaniac

Sep 25, 2013, 6:20:52 AM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My quiz: Dates of Fires.

Any feedback's welcome!

Quizmaster91

Sep 25, 2013, 9:32:58 AM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My entry:
Fire song match-up
And especially for Iglew, 'We didn't start the fire' is included!
And as always, feedback is always welcome.

Usmcfunkymunky

Sep 25, 2013, 12:10:29 PM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Rich Milligan

Sep 25, 2013, 12:24:43 PM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Always a favourite J

BGCollector

Visit my profile page here and check my quizzes here

-----

No virus found in this message.

zaphenath

Sep 25, 2013, 12:39:55 PM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Rich Milligan

Sep 25, 2013, 2:24:41 PM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Here’s my effort – Fire Fire by Steam Powered Giraffe

Two reasons for doing this, firstly I love a lyrics quiz myself and secondly I won’t rest until everyone has heard of the superb Steam Powered Giraffe!

It probably won’t get many plays, but I know I’ve done by bit for art!! J

Cheers

BGC

DesertSpartan

Sep 25, 2013, 6:24:02 PM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

RedBengalTiger (Funnyfavorer101)

Sep 25, 2013, 8:18:54 PM9/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
BGC: Heck, I don't know who these people are. It's definitely a niche quiz. I actually was looking up the information a while ago, as I have an interest in both activities (did anyone check out the sword-swallower link? Those records are crazy!) and it seemed to fit the contest description. Not intended to be an amazing quiz, just sharing interesting info.

droxn...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2013, 11:39:58 AM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm a long time Sporcle player, but fairly new quizmaker, and this is my first contest entry (not to mention my first quiz of this type). I accept any and all feedback, comments or critisism.

Without further ado, here is my quiz:  http://www.sporcle.com/games/Droxnar/goodness-gracious

My Sporcle username is Droxnar.  Friend me if you will. Challenge me if you want.  I have no Sporcle friends and am very lonely. :*(  Though with literally thousands of quizzes still needed to get those badges, who has time for friends?

Thanks for your time, and Sporcle on, dudes!

adal

Sep 26, 2013, 1:00:48 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I've seen the Sporcle University link on the Create page so many times without ever clicking it, but today I decided to check it out.

To mark the occasion I made a contest entry: http://www.sporcle.com/games/adal/fireworks-color-sources

:)
adal

Sammie Wiegand

Sep 26, 2013, 7:38:32 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Droxnar: Is your username Droxnar or droxnar711?

SproutCM

Sep 26, 2013, 7:41:04 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here is my official entry:

It inspired me to make another fire nerdy chemistry quiz that 10 people ever will take too.

droxn...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2013, 7:54:32 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Red/Funny: It's Droxnar. The other one was created by mistake and really should be locked up in an attic somewhere so no one can ever see it again. ;)

Sammie Wiegand

Sep 26, 2013, 7:57:46 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Okay. It was just a little confusing because here, your email shows as droxnar711, and then there was just plain Droxnar. :)

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM, <droxn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Red/Funny: It's Droxnar. The other one was created by mistake and really should be locked up in an attic somewhere so no one can ever see it again. ;)

metashades

Sep 27, 2013, 1:35:34 AM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

My entry:

I know this probably counts as a niche quiz but figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

druhutch

Sep 27, 2013, 2:52:05 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

geshmonkey

Sep 27, 2013, 4:01:43 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here is my contest entry, entitled: Rings of Fire...
Message has been deleted

Purple_Parrot

Sep 29, 2013, 5:24:32 PM9/29/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here is my entry (and first submission to the Religion category): Classical Elements in the Bible.

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Oct 1, 2013, 6:28:23 PM10/1/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
My entry is in gaming, called fiery video games. There aren't very many answers because I couldn't think of very many, so I'm wide open to suggestions.

vikZ

Oct 2, 2013, 2:12:52 AM10/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here is my entry: These Songs are on Fire

popestcyril David W. Quatrone

Oct 2, 2013, 4:55:52 AM10/2/13

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:12 AM, vikZ <vziv...@uwo.ca> wrote:
Here is my entry: These Songs are on Fire

Droxnar

Oct 2, 2013, 12:10:19 PM10/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm loving all these, so far. :D

iglew

Oct 2, 2013, 11:27:11 PM10/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
This was directly inspired by Pope St Cyril's quiz, another bit of verse in the same vein as his:  'I Sit Beside the Fire and Think'

amazingjosh

Oct 4, 2013, 11:31:46 PM10/4/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

geshmonkey

Oct 5, 2013, 3:31:02 AM10/5/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Just a heads up, the 'Rings of fire' doesn't actually have any ellipses(...) I just thought it would be more ominous for the entry line, but oh well, life goes on -
and yeah, there are a lot of entries!

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Oct 5, 2013, 11:40:56 PM10/5/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
While there's 20 more minutes left, I am now officially opening voting. I doubt anyone else is entering.

You know the format for voting (it's in the first post of this thread). And please provide your username when voting to prevent double votes.

While you can vote for yourself, good gamesmanship is encouraged.

Voting will happen for 3 days. Tuesday at 11:59:59 EST is the end of voting. My email is sporcl...@gmail.com

I would like to discourage CP's and EP's until Wednesday.

Your final list of entries...

Thanks a ton!

Josh

Tom007

Oct 7, 2013, 1:34:51 AM10/7/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Shortly after making my actual entry, I came up with the idea for this game. It's obviously ineligible because the contest is closed, but I thought it was relevant enough to post here. Hopefully some Arrested Development fans will enjoy it:
Tobias Fünke's Fire Sale Audition

amazingjosh

Oct 9, 2013, 10:57:29 AM10/9/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thank you everyone for playing.

And we have a winner.

In 3rd Place, we have Classical Elements in the Bible. Congratulations Purple_Parrot!  PP received 9 votes, coming from 5 different ballots.

In 2nd Place, there is Rings of Fire by geshmonkey.  Geshmonkey got 10 votes from 4 ballots.

And the winner.

I am happy to announce Droxnar as this contest's winner!  Droxnar made Great Sporcle Category Grab Bag of FIRE! which won in a landslide with 16 votes.

Congratulations to everyone that entered.  If you entered, you will receive an email with your point total.

Go off and CP or EP everyone, now.

druhutch

Oct 9, 2013, 4:48:30 PM10/9/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to Droxnar! Well deserved. Awesome epic quiz. And congrats as well to all the entries--this one was particularly hard to pick my favorite three. Great work.

DesertSpartan

Oct 9, 2013, 7:14:23 PM10/9/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I concur, It was very hard for me to pick and I thought nearly all were witty and imaginitive.  Congratulations Droxnar! and all that entered.

Hejman

Oct 9, 2013, 10:19:06 PM10/9/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Droxnar!  I've just given the quiz its celebratory EP!

Droxnar

Oct 10, 2013, 10:32:25 AM10/10/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm glad you liked it. Looking forward to the next one. :)