Sporcle CollaboLadder #3!

BanjoZebra

Sep 7, 2012, 8:04:15 AM9/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey, fellow Sporclers! The past two CollaboLadders (#1 and #2) seemed to be successful and enjoyable.
The words in this one will be four letters again. And, yet again, here are the official CollaboLadder rules:

What to Post:

A 4-letter word that connects to the previous word in the word ladder.
A clue (not too hard, not too easy) for your 4-letter word.

Rules:

Follow similar rules as you would if you were making your own word ladder, for example:
  • Don't change the same letter position twice in a row.
  • Make sure your word and clue are not too obscure.
And finally,
  • Please refrain from adding more than one word to the ladder (unless otherwise told).
And... my word is:
FLEA - Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist

The CollaboLadder will become an actual quiz if enough of you guys participate. As always, have fun!

Aurora Illumina

Sep 7, 2012, 9:31:01 AM9/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
FLED - Ran away

Tom Pajor

Sep 7, 2012, 9:36:51 AM9/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
SLED - Rosebud, e.g.

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Aurora Illumina <altari...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
FLED - Ran away

David William

Sep 7, 2012, 10:55:39 AM9/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
SLEW -  A large number or quantity of something

needapausebutton

Sep 7, 2012, 11:36:45 AM9/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
STEW: Agitated goulash

Quizmaster91

Sep 7, 2012, 12:41:32 PM9/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
STOW: Store

skuban

Sep 7, 2012, 4:36:58 PM9/7/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
SLOW: Not fast

Sheldon

Sep 8, 2012, 5:56:10 AM9/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
GLOW - incandescence

Chair

Sep 8, 2012, 1:46:11 PM9/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
GLOB - a lump of some moldable substance

rer2121

Sep 8, 2012, 4:45:11 PM9/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
BLOB - 1958 science-fiction movie, "The ___"

MrChewypoo

Sep 8, 2012, 8:52:34 PM9/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I hope this doesn't kill it, but I couldn't resist:

BYOB - Party invite instruction

Feel free to reboot from BLOB if nobody can find a next word...

needapausebutton

Sep 8, 2012, 9:11:06 PM9/8/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
^ Surely someone will be able to accomplish so-easy a task: Bring your own chair, bring your own dog, bring your own ears-of-corn....

Geo1

Sep 9, 2012, 8:37:09 AM9/9/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
MYOB- Chat acronym said to nosy people

BanjoZebra

Sep 9, 2012, 9:03:20 AM9/9/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry to say, but I think we've gotten to a little dead end. The least-obscure word I can find that connects to MYOB is MOOB, but let's not go there.

rer2121

Sep 9, 2012, 1:35:25 PM9/9/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
We could always do another acronym, where we give the person what it actually stands for. I found the MYTB on Google. If we do use the MYTB,  we could change the letters 2 more times to get another 4-letter insect
MYTB, MYTH, MOTH
Message has been deleted

MrChewypoo

Sep 14, 2012, 3:04:53 PM9/14/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so my BYOB killed it.  Sorry!  Rebooting back to that clue:

BLAB - Chatter indiscreetly

Can we take it from that?

Sheldon

Sep 14, 2012, 3:25:07 PM9/14/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
FLAB - Excess body fat

Geo1

Sep 14, 2012, 3:47:40 PM9/14/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
FLAN- A pastry with sweet filling

mcomisky

Sep 14, 2012, 4:13:33 PM9/14/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
PLAN - What one should do before they act

Cryptus

Sep 14, 2012, 4:23:05 PM9/14/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
PLAY - Theatre production

Milgita Haag

Sep 17, 2012, 9:24:35 AM9/17/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
PRAY -- to petition, especially a deity

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Cryptus <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:
PLAY - Theatre production

Ubbiebubbie

Sep 17, 2012, 2:09:00 PM9/17/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
PREY- Gazelle, to a lion

On Monday, September 17, 2012 9:24:35 AM UTC-4, milgita wrote:
PRAY -- to petition, especially a deity

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Cryptus <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:
PLAY - Theatre production

Jonah Ostroff

Sep 17, 2012, 4:59:54 PM9/17/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
GREY -- Jean, Earl, or Meredith

citkeane

Sep 17, 2012, 5:06:03 PM9/17/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
GREG - - ____ Norman, golf's great white shark

TheBestDRose

Sep 22, 2012, 9:43:58 PM9/22/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
GROG -- "An alcoholic liquor, especially rum diluted with water."

titanjmg

Sep 22, 2012, 9:56:16 PM9/22/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
FROG - tailless, moist-skinned amphibian

Socc13r37

Sep 25, 2012, 9:52:31 AM9/25/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
FRUG - A 60's dance derived from the Chicken Dance and/or the Twist.

sufradley

Sep 25, 2012, 2:25:08 PM9/25/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
DRUG - From a doctor or dealer

david6k

Sep 29, 2012, 11:27:55 PM9/29/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
DRUM - 1. Bongo, conga, or timpani (harder)  2. percussion instrument (easy)