Socket.IO

Nicholas Young

Jan 27, 2012, 3:05:31 PM1/27/12
to Spine
I'm working on a Socket.IO backend for Spine.Model. I've started by
porting (what seem to be) the relevant bits from Spine.Model.Ajax, but
was wondering if anyone has done this before, or has advice?

Thanks,

Nicholas

Christof Haemmerle

Jan 28, 2012, 11:32:58 AM1/28/12
to spi...@googlegroups.com
hi nicholas,

i am just getting ready to for a project i planed to look into myself. if you want we can team up.

christof

Vojto Rinik

Jan 29, 2012, 7:00:22 AM1/29/12
to spi...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

I'm working on something similar.

It's based on REST, it only uses WebSockets to push changes.

When you open the app, the objects are loaded through REST. Now when somebody changes an object, a push notification is sent over WebSocket and it's automatically updated.

Note that the WebSocket part is not implemented yet: https://github.com/vojto/atmos2

I would love to talk about it and about other possible solutions, so both of you guys feel free to contact me at vojto (at) me (dot) com, if you're interested. Thanks.

Jorin Vogel

Jan 29, 2012, 6:11:28 PM1/29/12
to spi...@googlegroups.com
http://developer.teradata.com/blog/jasonstrimpel/2011/11/backbone-js-and-socket-io

Maybe this tutorial helps you.  The implementation with spine should be quite similar.

SpecOne

Apr 11, 2012, 9:09:31 AM4/11/12
to spi...@googlegroups.com
Have you guy's done anything or got some experience with socket.io and spinejs? I am going to implement socket.io in our software in the next couple of weeks.

Greetings.