Can I have a footnote without []?

Boris Kheyfets

Jun 2, 2014, 2:50:44 AM6/2/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Currently the footnote link will be enclosed in square brackets: [1]. Is it possible to remove the brackets: so to have a number be a link to a footnote. I'd superscript the number with css.

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Jun 15, 2014, 3:05:56 AM6/15/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sphinx-1.2 or later supports docutils options by 'docutils.conf'.
http://sphinx-doc.org/changes.html#release-1-2-beta2-released-sep-17-2013

Please make 'docutils.conf' in conf.py directory as::

[html4css1 writer]
footnote_references = superscript

See also for docutils config options:
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/config.html#footnote-references

Regards,
--
Takayuki SHIMIZUKAWA
http://about.me/shimizukawa

Boris Kheyfets

Jan 12, 2015, 2:05:57 AM1/12/15
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
I just noted, that I forgot to thank you -- your solution works. And I didn't know about docutils.conf. Thanks.