Sphinx 1.2.3 released

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Sep 1, 2014, 7:35:53 PM9/1/14
to python-...@python.org, sphin...@googlegroups.com, sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm delighted to announce the release of Sphinx 1.2.3, now available on
the Python package index at <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx>.

It includes about 19 bug fixes for the 1.2 release series, among them a
regression in 1.2.1.

What is it?
===========

Sphinx is a tool that makes it easy to create intelligent and beautiful
documentation for Python projects (or other documents consisting of
multiple reStructuredText source files).

Website: http://sphinx-doc.org/
IRC: #sphinx-doc on irc.freenode.net

What's new in 1.2 (very short version)?
=======================================

- - Dropped Python 2.4 support
- - Added Python 3.3 support
- - Improvement of internationalization
- - Improvement of builders: html, texinfo, latex and gettext.
- - Added builders: xml and pseudoxml
- - Added sphinx.ext.linkcode extension
- - Added more non-ASCII code point characters path support
- - Added theme plugin mechanism
- - Added and update 10 locales
- - Added experimental support for parallel building with a new -j option
- - Added docs: detailed "Installing Sphinx" and "Sphinx Developer's Guide"

For the full changelog, go to <http://sphinx-doc.org/changes.html>.
Thanks to all collaborators and contributors!

cheers,
--
Takayuki SHIMIZUKAWA
http://about.me/shimizukawa

Roberto Bagnara

Sep 2, 2014, 3:17:20 AM9/2/14
to shimi...@gmail.com, sphinx...@googlegroups.com
On 09/02/14 01:35, Takayuki Shimizukawa wrote:
> I'm delighted to announce the release of Sphinx 1.2.3, now available on
> the Python package index at <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx>.
>
> It includes about 19 bug fixes for the 1.2 release series, among them a
> regression in 1.2.1.

Great news! After upgrading I ran into a LaTeX error, though:

LaTeX Error: \PYGZsq undefined.

Any idea what the cause might be?
Kind regards,

Roberto

--
Prof. Roberto Bagnara

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bag...@cs.unipr.it
BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
mailto:roberto...@bugseng.com

Roberto Bagnara

Sep 2, 2014, 3:32:55 AM9/2/14
On 09/02/14 09:17, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> On 09/02/14 01:35, Takayuki Shimizukawa wrote:
>> I'm delighted to announce the release of Sphinx 1.2.3, now available on
>> the Python package index at <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx>.
>>
>> It includes about 19 bug fixes for the 1.2 release series, among them a
>> regression in 1.2.1.
>
> Great news! After upgrading I ran into a LaTeX error, though:
>
> LaTeX Error: \PYGZsq undefined.
>
> Any idea what the cause might be?

It is this line:

\renewcommand\PYGZsq{\textquotesingle}

\PYGZsq cannot be redefined because it is not defined.
Are there possible workarounds?

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Sep 2, 2014, 3:44:38 AM9/2/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roberto,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I created a ticket for the issue.
https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issue/1554/latex-error-pygzsq-undefined

In my environment, there is no problem..
I'll attach my source to the ticket.

Regards,
--
Takayuki SHIMIZUKAWA
http://about.me/shimizukawa

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Sep 2, 2014, 3:59:10 AM9/2/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roberto,

>> It is this line:
>>
>> \renewcommand\PYGZsq{\textquotesingle}
>>
>> \PYGZsq cannot be redefined because it is not defined.
>> Are there possible workarounds?

In my investigation, \PYGZsq is defined by pygments-1.6.
I guess you are using pygments-1.5 or before version.
Please update pygments version 1.6 to avoid the error.

Regards,