help with internationalization

sphinx el

Jun 21, 2014, 6:39:53 AM6/21/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
I have read the relevant web page (http://sphinx-doc.org/intl.html#intl)
but it does not cover how to translate a few elements. I have highlighted
in yellow these elements in the attached picture.

How can i automatically translate them without messing with the generated
static html files in _build/html ?

Thanks
Untitled.png

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Jun 21, 2014, 7:21:54 AM6/21/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I guess you want to use 'el' language for the documentation and I
guess you are specifying `language='el'` parameter in conf.py.
Unfortunately, Sphinx doesn't have 'el' translation for system messages.
https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/src/ba4b069e/sphinx/locale/

There is a translation system for the sphinx system locale files:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/sphinx-1/
This translations are contributed by sphinx users.
If you are interested in 'el' translating, please request the 'el'
translation on that page and provide translated messages for the
sphinx system messages.

Thanks.
--
Takayuki SHIMIZUKAWA
http://about.me/shimizukawa

sphinx el

Jun 21, 2014, 9:08:14 AM6/21/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
> There is a translation system for the sphinx system locale files:
> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/sphinx-1/[https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/sphinx-1/]
> This translations are contributed by sphinx users.
> If you are interested in 'el' translating, please request the 'el'
> translation on that page and provide translated messages for the
> sphinx system messages.

I have made a request for an 'el' translation.

Thank you for your reply.

edouar...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2014, 1:08:17 PM7/8/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com, sphi...@gmx.com
I have done a documentation in two languages (english and french) and since I wanted two separate indexes, one for each language, I've found a solution which works well; you can see the result here:
  http://pageperso.lif.univ-mrs.fr/~edouard.thiel/ez-draw/doc/fr/html/ez-manual.html

full sources are here:
  http://pageperso.lif.univ-mrs.fr/~edouard.thiel/EZ-Draw-1.2.tgz

directories in the tarball:
doc/src-fr and doc/src-en : the sources, contain conf.py, templates/ and static/
doc/share : contains common files, as common-conf.py which calls the correct conf.py
doc/Makefile : a slightly modified version of the original sphinx Makefile, multilingual
Makefile : "make docclean doc" build all the docs, stored in doc/en and doc/fr

Hope it helps
Edouard