Can I modify build output folder from /_build/html to docs (for quick GitHub publish)?

ttcceegg

Jul 11, 2019, 1:59:40 AM7/11/19
to sphinx-users
Hi,

I'm using a GitHub project to publish my documentation built by Sphinx.

But as Sphinx and GitHub use different build folders (Sphinx: /_build/html, GitHub: /docs), it bothersome for me to MANUALLY move files from /_build/html to /docs at every update.

I know that I can change the default output folder "_build" to another one.
But still the problem persists because the resulting html file set is not stored in the docs folder itself but in the subfolder /docs/html.

Is there any way to prevent the subfolder "html" from being created?

I can use and edit source py files a little, but the building code is quite complicated.

Geert Stappers

Jul 11, 2019, 3:12:25 AM7/11/19
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com

On 11-07-2019 07:59, ttcceegg wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a GitHub project to publish my documentation built by Sphinx.

But as Sphinx and GitHub use different build folders (Sphinx: /_build/html, GitHub: /docs), it bothersome for me to MANUALLY move files from /_build/html to /docs at every update.

I know that I can change the default output folder "_build" to another one.
But still the problem persists because the resulting html file set is not stored in the docs folder itself but in the subfolder /docs/html.

Is there any way to prevent the subfolder "html" from being created?

Untested idea:

Change directory  ./_build/html into symbolic link ./_build/html pointing to ./docs

Groeten

Geert Stappers

Komiya Takeshi

Jul 13, 2019, 7:47:30 AM7/13/19
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can do it with sphinx-build command. Please check manual page of
the command:
https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/man/sphinx-build.html

Thanks,
Takeshi KOMIYA