Request: Blender Support for Species

Benjamin Stanley

Feb 11, 2015, 9:17:29 PM2/11/15
to species_ma...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Got a question for you guys - Do you have any plans to port Species to Blender?

The reason why I ask is that the blender community is fanatical (in a good way) when it comes right down to its plugins.

Especially well written and awesome plugins.

If you sell a plugin for blender that makes characters at a basic level and rigs it.

You have an instant support and money from the blender community.

Anyway just a request. :)

- Ben

Chris Covelli

Feb 14, 2015, 12:38:08 PM2/14/15
to species_ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

I hear really good things about Blender, both the program and its user base.  I want Species to exist in every platform eventually, but it will definitely take some time.  Right now the focus is on Maya.  After that, we're hoping to get Species working with Fabric Engine, which will make it cross compatible without needing to build and rebuild for every platform.

--

---

Benjamin Stanley

Feb 14, 2015, 3:16:44 PM2/14/15
to species_ma...@googlegroups.com

Hey awesome!

Glad to know that you have plans for species to be everywhere :)

So hopefully support for blender in the near future.

That said do you have an ETA for the MAYA version? I would like to purchase a version of Species for MAYA.

Will the current pricing structure remain the same?

Just curious,

- Ben

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 6:17 PM, Benjamin Stanley <ben_...@squeakinteractive.com> wrote:
Hey,

Got a question for you guys - Do you have any plans to port Species to Blender?

The reason why I ask is that the blender community is fanatical (in a good way) when it comes right down to its plugins.

Especially well written and awesome plugins.

If you sell a plugin for blender that makes characters at a basic level and rigs it.

You have an instant support and money from the blender community.

Anyway just a request. :)

- Ben

--

---

Chris Covelli

Mar 9, 2015, 6:06:57 PM3/9/15
to species_ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

Sorry for the late reply.  An ETA for the Maya version is difficult to give as we are still trying to find funding for development.

The price may increase as we are looking to expand the feature set in addition to porting to Maya.

Benjamin Stanley

Mar 9, 2015, 6:25:07 PM3/9/15
to species_ma...@googlegroups.com
Have you guys considered going to kickstarter or other crowdfunding platform?

In my opinion this would be perfect for such a thing. Just saying :)

---

Remo Vetere

Oct 28, 2015, 6:13:57 PM10/28/15
to Species Mailing List
oh yes go to kickstarter, please! :) i would bake it immediately

Benjamin Stanley

Oct 28, 2015, 6:23:05 PM10/28/15
to species_ma...@googlegroups.com
If you guys do go to kickstarter please let us know.

Also Here is a good gauge for stuff tools and learning materials on KS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bentristem/learn-to-make-video-games-unreal-developer-course

I am backing this to help the Unreal Community as well as learn in the process. :)

Best of luck :)
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Species Mailing List" group.