SPDY being disabled in Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 on restart

John Graham-Cumming

Aug 12, 2014, 5:20:00 AM8/12/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

We (CloudFlare) are noticing this morning that SPDY appears to change from enabled to disabled in Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125. We have tested this on multiple machines and are getting reports from our customers.

Can someone from Google confirm that this is expected behaviour? If it is expected, is there an issue we should be aware of?

John.

Roland Warmerdam

Aug 12, 2014, 7:28:44 AM8/12/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
I was just tweaking the Nginx https settings of my website and I noticed that chrome://net-internals/#spdy is displaying nothing for me (not even any google.com connections) and says "SPDY Enabled: false". I'm running Google Chrome 36.0.1985.125 on Ubuntu 14.04.

I would like to know what's going on as well.

IHT Publishers

Aug 12, 2014, 7:56:37 AM8/12/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
We see google, facebook, twitter etc all now showing NO spdy connections.  They were using it 2 days ago. chrome://net-internals/#spdy shows SPDY Enabled: false. have tested from a variety of global locations, seeing mostly disabled spdy via Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125

Adam Langley

Aug 12, 2014, 10:59:40 AM8/12/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:20 AM, John Graham-Cumming <j...@cloudflare.com> wrote:
> Can someone from Google confirm that this is expected behaviour?

Yes, this is expected. Chrome SPDY support will be substantially
diminished this week and should be mostly back to normal next week.

Cheers

AGL

John Graham-Cumming

Aug 12, 2014, 11:04:50 AM8/12/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:59:40 PM UTC+1, agl wrote:
Yes, this is expected. Chrome SPDY support will be substantially
diminished this week and should be mostly back to normal next week.

Thanks.

Markus Isomäki

Aug 13, 2014, 7:25:05 AM8/13/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification, Adam. Is there a particular reason for this kind of fluctuation on a weekly basis?

Regards,
       Markus

--

---