TPP 4.8 msconvert error

Brian Hampton

Dec 4, 2014, 12:56:33 PM12/4/14
to spctools-discuss
I just started using 4.8 on a 32 bit install of Win 7.  Using Petunia I began by converting Sciex .wiff files to mzML and got the following error and output from this command:

NOTE: I can run the same command in a CMD window and it succeeds.

c:\Inetpub\tpp-bin\msconvert c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ISB/data/projects/carotid/sds/141202-3t/02Dec14-BH-RABA-Fxn1.wiff -v --mzML -o c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ISB/data/projects/carotid/sds/141202-3t -z --filter "peakPicking true [1,2]"

format: mzML
    m/z: Compression-Zlib, 64-bit
    intensity: Compression-Zlib, 32-bit
    rt: Compression-Zlib, 64-bit
ByteOrder_LittleEndian
 indexed="true"
outputPath: c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ISB/data/projects/carotid/sds/141202-3t
extension: .mzML
contactFilename:

filters:
  peakPicking true [1,2]

filenames:
  c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ISB/data/projects/carotid/sds/141202-3t\02Dec14-BH-RABA-Fxn1.wiff

processing file: c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ISB/data/projects/carotid/sds/141202-3t\02Dec14-BH-RABA-Fxn1.wiff
[WiffFileImpl::getSampleNames] The type initializer for 'Clearcore2.Data.WiffReader.WiffSampleRun' threw an exception.

Luis Mendoza

Dec 4, 2014, 8:06:09 PM12/4/14
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,
I have not seen that msconvert error; can you still reproduce it?  (we once encountered a similar error that went away after running msconvert once via the command-line.)   Otherwise I can only suggest looking at the file permissions in that directory.

Does the previous version of TPP/msconvert work with that same file?  What about other raw file formats?

Thanks for trying out the new release,
--Luis

Steffen Neumann

Nov 5, 2015, 10:33:21 AM11/5/15
to spctools-discuss
Hi,

the same exception has been reported before when running msconvert under linux with wine:
http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=Msconvert_Wine#AB_Sciex_wiff_files_throw_an_exception
And I still see the same error on a much more recent wine version in our converter Virtual Machine
at https://github.com/phnmnl/pwiz-appliance

Although you work on Windows 7, you get the same error when not running under cmd.exe,
so it might be some environment setting that's missing from within your TPP ?
Maybe we have the same issue, and some simple setting (language ?!) could help.

Yours,
Steffen