bye bye LWGEOM

sandro furieri

Apr 23, 2016, 9:26:39 AM4/23/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Starting since the most recent commit available from the Fossil
repository libspatialite has now definitely dismissed any
dependency from  LWGEOM.
Now the newborn librttopo [1] (aka RTTOPO) is supported as a
full replacement to LWGEOM.

LWGEOM was mainly intended as a PostGIS own internal component,
and reusing LWGEOM in other FLOSS/GFOSS projects different
from PostGIS itself always was a rather tricky affair, and
had progressively become an even more complex business as
further updated versions were released during the years.
the brand new RTTOPO is instead a really independent library,
simply depending on GEOS alone and supporting a long term
stable API/ABI. last but not least, RTTOPO is fully thread-safe.

practical consequences:
-----------------------
1) ./configure --enable-rttopo
   the old configure option --enable-lwgeom has now been
   definitely removed and replaced by --enable-rttopo

2) SQL functions:
   LwGeom_Version(), HasLwGeom(), LwGeom_GetLastErrorMsg()
   and LwGeom_GetLastWarningMsg() are now definitely removed
   and aren't any longer supported.
   RtTopo_Version(), HasRtTopo(), RtTopo_GetLastErrorMsg()
   and RtTopo_GetLastWarningMsg() have been introduced with
   identical signatures and behaviours.

a Release Candidate (including Window binaries) fully
supporting RTTOPO will be released in the next days,
immediately following the public release of librttopo-1.0.0

bye Sandro

linux...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2016, 8:41:19 PM4/29/16
to SpatiaLite Users
On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 3:26:39 PM UTC+2, sandro furieri wrote:
Starting since the most recent commit available from the Fossil
repository libspatialite has now definitely dismissed any
dependency from  LWGEOM.
Now the newborn librttopo [1] (aka RTTOPO) is supported as a
full replacement to LWGEOM.

[...]

a Release Candidate (including Window binaries) fully
supporting RTTOPO will be released in the next days,
immediately following the public release of librttopo-1.0.0

Thanks for this great news. I'm looking forward to switching the spatialite Debian package to use librttopo instead of liblwgeom.

Packaging for librttopo is available, and will hopefully be accepted into the Debian archive soon.

 https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/librttopo.git

Kind Regards,

Bas

linux...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 8:52:07 AM5/6/16
to SpatiaLite Users

The librttopo Debian package has been accepted into the archive.

librttopo 1.0.0-RC2 is available in the experimental repository along with spatialite 4.4.0-RC0 updated to fossil commit f73a4c7295 with rttopo support enabled.

Kind Regards,

Bas

Peter Johnson

Jun 13, 2018, 7:28:04 AM6/13/18
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi Sandro,

I am getting the error 'no such function: ST_GeoHash' when building spatialite with `--enable-rttopo=yes`.

You wrote that RTTOPO is intended as a "full replacement to LWGEOM", is it possible this function was missed?

-P

mj10777

Jun 13, 2018, 7:41:27 AM6/13/18
to SpatiaLite Users

On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 13:28:04 UTC+2, Peter Johnson wrote:
Hi Sandro,

I am getting the error 'no such function: ST_GeoHash' when building spatialite with `--enable-rttopo=yes`.

You wrote that RTTOPO is intended as a "full replacement to LWGEOM", is it possible this function was missed?

With the present development version:

SELECT ST_GeoHash(ST_Transform(soldner_linestring,4326))
FROM berlin_street_geometries
LIMIT 1

u336x

no error is shown.

Mark

Peter Johnson

Jun 13, 2018, 7:41:44 AM6/13/18
to SpatiaLite Users
Sorry, I was wrong, this is working fine on my linux machine.

It seems that the OSX 'brew' recipe for spatialite does not include LWGEOM or RTTOPO, so these functions are simply not available on OSX when installed via 'brew'.

Apologies for the noise.

-P

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 13, 2018, 7:53:48 AM6/13/18
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 04:28:04 -0700 (PDT), Peter Johnson wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> I am getting the error 'no such function: ST_GeoHash' when building
> spatialite with `--enable-rttopo=yes`.
>
> You wrote that RTTOPO is intended as a "full replacement to LWGEOM",
> is it possible this function was missed?

Hi Peter,

you are probably using some obsolete version of the sources; there is
just one fully working combination:

1. librttopo-1.1.0-RC1

https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/rttopo/librttopo/src/tag/librttopo-1.1.0-RC1

2. libspatialite-5.0.0-devel