Patch for spatialite >= 4.2.1-RC0 SOVERSION

linux...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 9:56:25 AM5/29/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
SpatiaLite 4.2.1-RC0 changed the libtool version-info from 7:0:0 to 7:0:1, causing the SOVERSION to decrement from 7 to 6.

Only new symbols where introduced since 4.2.1-RC0, so a SOVERSION change is not required. [1]

The attached patch bumps the current value to keep the SOVERSION at 7.

I'm not sure if any symbols have been removed since 4.2.1-RC1, if that's the case for SpatiaLite 4.3.0 then the version-info needs to be changed from 8:0:1 to 9:0:0.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Updating-version-info.html

Kind Regards,

Bas
spatialite-soversion.patch

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 4, 2015, 4:12:59 AM6/4/15
On Fri, 29 May 2015 06:56:25 -0700 (PDT), linux...@gmail.com wrote:
> SpatiaLite 4.2.1-RC0 changed the libtool version-info from 7:0:0 to
> 7:0:1, causing the SOVERSION to decrement from 7 to 6.
>
> Only new symbols where introduced since 4.2.1-RC0, so a SOVERSION
> change is not required. [1]
>
> The attached patch bumps the current value to keep the SOVERSION at
> 7.
>
> I'm not sure if any symbols have been removed since 4.2.1-RC1, if
> that's the case for SpatiaLite 4.3.0 then the version-info needs to
> be
> changed from 8:0:1 to 9:0:0.

Hi Bas,

yes, all symbols defined by previous versions are still supported
and there are several newly introduced APIs.
so I'll duly accept your patch.

many thanks
Sandro