Sync Schedule - How does it work?

Patrick Pritchard

Feb 24, 2012, 10:30:36 PM2/24/12
to Spanning Sync
I currently have my "Sync with Google" setting to be "every hour".
However, I've noticed that SS often syncs with Google multiple times
in an hour. A question:

Is the "Sync with Google" setting meant to indicate how often SS will
actively go out to Google to get more information, *however* if there
is a local update on the computer, SS will immediately send the
changes over to google?

For example, if I have it hourly, my most recent sync was 11:05, and
my next sync should be 12:05. If I make a new calendar entry at
11:40, will SS wait until 12:05 to send the new entry, or will it do
it immediately at 11:40?

Thanks,
-Patrick

byron.shaheen

Feb 28, 2012, 12:07:38 AM2/28/12
to Spanning Sync
Hi Patrick,

Spanning Sync will initiate a sync only during the scheduled sync
interval. However, if you make a change in iCal or Address Book,
Apple Sync Services will force all sync clients to immediately trickle
sync. You can disable trickle sync for Spanning Sync by pasting the
following line in a Terminal window:

defaults write com.spanningsync noTrickleSyncing -bool YES
(Be sure to press return after pasting.)

Then, logout of your Mac OS X account and back in again.

-Byron

---
Byron Shaheen
byron....@spanningsync.com