Sewing Workshops

Vanessa Khimoun-Jourdan

Mar 4, 2015, 6:56:40 AM3/4/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I was wondering if there is currently a sewing workshop with equipment available in South London Makerspace.

I am looking forward hearing from you

Vanessa

Tom Newsom

Mar 4, 2015, 8:15:10 AM3/4/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vanessa,

Our space is still under construction, but we plan to offer space for sewing when we open in a month's time. We have a sewing machine in storage, and plenty of large tables. We've also just been awarded a grant that will let us get an overlocker and an embroidery machine, but that won't be until later in the year.

The ultimate answer is that SLMS is whatever its members want it to be; so if you'd like to see a successful sewing workshop, the best thing to do would be to sign up as a member and help make it happen :)