really cheap hesrt monitor

Gordon Endersby

Sep 19, 2014, 11:40:47 AM9/19/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Aldi are selling a heart rate monitor for £12 soon.
The sensor is generic so could be read by an arduino and suitable radio reciever.
Havnt seen one this cheap.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-25-september/product-detail/ps/p/heart-rate-monitor-1/

Gordon

Dermot Jones

Sep 19, 2014, 12:56:23 PM9/19/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
I'll grab one!

Good find.

Dermot.

Dermot Jones

Sep 25, 2014, 9:01:49 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Anyone near an Aldi today?

I'd love one of these...and will pay full (super)market price

Dermot

Tom Lynch

Sep 25, 2014, 9:04:02 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I can go if you want, not planning to go near one, but the one in Acer Road's not far?

Tom

Dermot Jones

Sep 25, 2014, 9:09:39 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

That would be nice. Unless anyone else is going anyway? You never know with these offers if they'll actually have any in.

Dermot.

Tom Lynch

Sep 25, 2014, 10:32:20 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I thought you were talking about Lidl, I don't eve know where Aldi is?

On 25 Sep 2014, at 14:09, Dermot Jones <dermot...@gmail.com> wrote:

That would be nice. Unless anyone else is going anyway? You never know with these offers if they'll actually have any in.

Dermot.

Tom Lynch

Sep 25, 2014, 10:40:47 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that is a bit far out of my way for today I am afraid!

Dermot Jones

Sep 25, 2014, 10:43:21 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

No problem... Would it be a big seller?

Tom Lynch

Sep 25, 2014, 10:43:52 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
No idea, never been to Aldi or Lidl.

On 25 Sep 2014, at 15:43, Dermot Jones <dermot...@gmail.com> wrote:

No problem... Would it be a big seller?

Gordon Endersby

Sep 25, 2014, 10:46:36 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Some of theses deals go quick, some don't.

Gordon

Matthew Press

Sep 25, 2014, 10:49:38 AM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
there's an Aldi on the Old Kent Road. I'll go there on my way home tomorrow night and get you one if you don't stop me first.

On 25 September 2014 15:46, Gordon Endersby <gordon....@googlemail.com> wrote:

Some of theses deals go quick, some don't.

Gordon

Lauren Shearer

Sep 25, 2014, 1:19:50 PM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
While there, is a cheapie carbon monoxide meter worth while?

The skeptometer reads high for these devices in general, but an effectively underground space in which people might, conceivably, have gas-based unflued heaters or other sources of inefficient combustion might be useful?

Gordon Endersby

Sep 25, 2014, 1:28:55 PM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Most of the Aldi stuff ive bought from there specials has been ok.
Most is manufactured in Europe and the tools have generally been good for a cheap tool and a lot better than cheap tools from Asia.
But not up to professional or trades standards.

But the Carbon monoxide detector will be designed for domestic properties and perfectly serviceable.
Not something for the volume of the arch.
As domestic monitors have to be placed in an optimum position in the room you want to monitor. Not a vaulted ceiling.

Gordon

Tom Lynch

Sep 25, 2014, 6:52:25 PM9/25/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
No gases off any kind in pressurised containers or flammable liquid can be used or stored at any railway arch.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 25 Sep 2014, at 18:19, Lauren Shearer <l.sh...@vicpaeds.com> wrote:
>
> While there, is a cheapie carbon monoxide meter worth while?
>
> The skeptometer reads high for these devices in general, but an effectively underground space in which people might, conceivably, have gas-based unflued heaters or other sources of inefficient combustion might be useful?

mstclair87

Sep 26, 2014, 8:11:26 AM9/26/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
I had a visit not long ago from a builder who had, years before, moved my gas boiler during some improvement work he'd been doing at my house. He appeared at my door in quite a panic with a carbon monoxide detector in his hand. Apparently in one of his properties one of his tenants had died in somewhat mysterious circumstances and he had been accused of murder or something similar because there was a suspicion that the tenant had died of carbon monoxide poisoning and that the boiler for which the builder was responsible was the culprit. Anyway he put the carbon monoxide detector on my ceiling and left. A few months later I was awakened in the middle of the night by a persistent beeping noise. I eventually traced the noise to the CO detector and found that my woodburning stove was burning without enough ventilation because I'd shut it down for the night by closing the vents but it had too much fuel left in it. I was extremely relieved that I had the detector, so I do recommend one. The only issue was that once it had been triggered it took ages for it to reset itself. I had to open all the windows on a cold night to get it to quieten down before I could go back to sleep.

Matthew

Matthew Press

Sep 26, 2014, 3:38:22 PM9/26/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Dermot, visited Aldi this evening but was unable to locate any monitors.

Dermot Jones

Sep 26, 2014, 4:03:22 PM9/26/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for trying! Any CO detectors?

I will drop by another branch tomorrow.

Dermot.

Gordon Endersby

Sep 26, 2014, 4:07:23 PM9/26/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

If ypu font see them out, ask a member of staff as some of the more nickable stuff is kept out back.

Gordon

mstclair87

Sep 26, 2014, 5:53:59 PM9/26/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Water is flammable if you put sodium in it, but I suppose that's a bit far-fetched. No cigarette lighters? No asthmatic inhalers? No Pledge to polish our surfaces? No Coke (which is pressurised and contains dissolved carbon dioxide)? No farting? How far does this no pressurised containers ban go?

Matthew

Dermot Jones

Sep 27, 2014, 5:56:45 AM9/27/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Good advice Gordon, they were out back!

Dermot.

Gordon Endersby

Sep 27, 2014, 6:39:44 AM9/27/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Had the same when I bought the car head unit they sold. Nothing on display as they were worried theyd get nicked.

Gordon

Dermot Jones

Sep 27, 2014, 6:42:44 AM9/27/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Strange approach to marketing: it was £13 and there were plenty of other items at that price. Guess its desirable?

Gordon, you have first option on the extra one I bought.

Dermot.

Gordon Endersby

Sep 27, 2014, 6:52:59 AM9/27/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks but no, got to much on at the moment.
I knew a lot of the members were interested in heart monitor tech so thought id mention it. £13 is unbelievably cheap for something like that.

Last week i stocked up on grinder and cutting discs at aldi.

Gordon