Introduction

Sarah Jones

Mar 5, 2015, 7:30:45 AM3/5/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just signed up to join and am very excited to have a such an amazing creative space taking shape so near to where I live. I am a stay at home mum living in Herne Hill and am interested in Woodworking and cabinet making. I recently did a furniture making course at the London Met but don't have the space or tools to take it much further at home, so would love to be able to use the "dusty" area once everything is up and running.

I'm also a keen DIYer and very happy to get stuck in with the building phase of the project. Also as I live nearby and am around during school hours I could be available to meet electricians etc during the day when most people are at work. I will try to come down this weekend or next weekend to say hi.

Tom Newsom

Mar 5, 2015, 7:47:04 AM3/5/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah, welcome on board.

I'm also a keen DIYer

Good!

and very happy to get stuck in with the building phase of the project

Better!

Also as I live nearby and am around during school hours I could be available to meet electricians etc during the day when most people are at work.

Better still!

I will try to come down this weekend or next weekend to say hi.

Full house :)

See you on Saturday most likely!

You should be getting an invite to Slack shortly - it's what we use for real-time chat and alerts.

toby @ tobyz

Mar 5, 2015, 7:51:23 AM3/5/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Fab!

Taking shape is the key phrase – we’re still building the space, and what it can be is driven by our members. Sounds like it will be great having you as part of that.

Toby

> On 5 Mar 2015, at 12:30, Sarah Jones <sarah....@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi, I just signed up to join and am very excited to have a such an amazing creative space taking shape so near to where I live. I am a stay at home mum living in Herne Hill and am interested in Woodworking and cabinet making. I recently did a furniture making course at the London Met but don't have the space or tools to take it much further at home, so would love to be able to use the "dusty" area once everything is up and running.
>
> I'm also a keen DIYer and very happy to get stuck in with the building phase of the project. Also as I live nearby and am around during school hours I could be available to meet electricians etc during the day when most people are at work. I will try to come down this weekend or next weekend to say hi.

Rich Maynard

Mar 5, 2015, 7:55:05 AM3/5/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
I'd find it easier to get down occasionally during the school day at the moment, too - perhaps we should have a daytime shift as well as the evening one!

RichM

Tom Newsom

Mar 5, 2015, 8:49:35 AM3/5/15
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com