Thursday 23rd 19:00 @ Arch 1129

Tom Lynch

Oct 21, 2014, 2:00:10 PM10/21/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
This Thursday we will be clearing out the arch into the parking bay and doing a general clean of the area.

Please be ready to work in warm work clothes, bring spades. Thick gloves. Wheel barrows. brooms. Anything to move crap out of the arch into the parking bay.

Please RSVP below.

Sent from my iPhone

Gordon Endersby

Oct 22, 2014, 6:17:46 PM10/22/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone chopped down that bush opposite the arch yet?
If not ill bring bow saw and loppers.
I had to park in it the other day.

Gordon

Dermot Jones

Oct 23, 2014, 2:47:56 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
No, the Sycamore and Buddleia are still standing.

I got a very bad puncture parking there on Sat, so be very careful.

Also: that's where we're about to chuck all the rubbish!

Dermot.

Gordon Endersby

Oct 23, 2014, 4:48:18 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

No puncture for me luckily.
The wife wouldnt have been happy.
What was it a nail or glass?
We may have to do something about that as well and clear any sharp objects after the rubbish is cleared.

Gordon

Tom Newsom

Oct 23, 2014, 4:54:04 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Dermot showed me the guilty object. It was the fixing end of a metal furniture foot. 7mm wide and blunt, with a large domed pad on the other end, but it levered its way right into the tire. Proper raise your eyebrows job.

Tom Lynch

Oct 23, 2014, 5:03:38 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah we need rubble sacks that we can scoop this crap into.

Sent from my iPhone

Gordon Endersby

Oct 23, 2014, 5:06:23 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

We can rake over the area to loosen it up and run a strong magnet over it to clear metal like that and nails. I should imagine we will install a covered bike rack at some point as we have so many cyclists so they will appreciate not getting punctures.

Gordon

Darren Bex

Oct 23, 2014, 5:22:42 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
I should be there about 7.30.

Any hand tools required or are we just heaving stuff around?

I'll bring a wheel barrow and shovel..

Tom Lynch

Oct 23, 2014, 5:50:24 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
We can't use the outside space for anything permanent. We will need to talk to the landlord about this.

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Oct 2014, at 10:06, Gordon Endersby <gordon....@googlemail.com> wrote:

We can rake over the area to loosen it up and run a strong magnet over it to clear metal like that and nails. I should imagine we will install a covered bike rack at some point as we have so many cyclists so they will appreciate not getting punctures.

Gordon

Tom Lynch

Oct 23, 2014, 5:53:05 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Definately gloves.

Dermot Jones

Oct 23, 2014, 5:54:46 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

He's said no to that sort of thing at the moment.

Doesn't mean we can't propose a bike shelter somewhere on the estate in the future.

Gordon Endersby

Oct 23, 2014, 6:39:15 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Thats a shame.

Gordon

Dermot Jones

Oct 23, 2014, 6:58:59 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

There's a bulk bag full of empty compost bags just inside the shutter, they're for filling with rubble.

There's about five pairs of gloves there, so bring some along if you have them.

We are salvaging all useful timber and ply. A pile of de-nailed timber is growing on the left side at the back. Nail-riddled timber on the right.

We will need a good sized sheet of ply for mixing mortar and concrete on. OSB is no good for this.

Decisions will be made tonight about the furniture/filing cabinets etc. If anyone wants these, then stake your claim.

Other work:

Anyone who wants to continue the concrete breaking is most welcome!

There's some plumbing to get on with over the next week or so. Anyone with good experience with Cu compression fittings and solvent weld plastic that wants to tackle these let me know.

Dermot.

Dermot Jones

Oct 23, 2014, 6:59:00 AM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Plus the GoPro needs to have a mains  extension run to it. For this we need flex clipped to the wall/ceiling with plug one end and socket on other. I have USB transformer and USB cable, but not not the other stuff. I can leave tall ladder for the weekend if someone wants to tackle this.

Dermot.

toby @ tobyz

Oct 23, 2014, 5:15:02 PM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
To the heffing great metal pole, came a pick-axe. #thwack #chip #thwack #chip

image1.jpeg

tbz::spk // mobile mail
On 23 Oct 2014, at 11:58, Dermot Jones <dermot...@gmail.com> wrote:

Plus the GoPro needs to have a mains  extension run to it. For this we need flex clipped to the wall/ceiling with plug one end and socket on other. I have USB transformer and USB cable, but not not the other stuff. I can leave tall ladder for the weekend if someone wants to tackle this.

Dermot.

Dermot Jones

Oct 23, 2014, 5:16:28 PM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

Slightly upside down.....but good.

Gordon Endersby

Oct 23, 2014, 6:14:27 PM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com

My legs and arms hurt from lugging the junk out.

Ill bring a replacement halogen bulb for the blown site light next week unless anyone's got some spare. They are the standard 500w floodlight type.
Did anyone take a picture of the car parked outside the arch surrounded by junk?

Gordon

Tom Lynch

Oct 23, 2014, 6:37:44 PM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

Dermot Jones

Oct 23, 2014, 7:43:48 PM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Where did the blue pallets go to? They're to be collected, not land filled.

Dermot.

Tom Lynch

Oct 23, 2014, 7:45:55 PM10/23/14
to southlondo...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

We put them outside ready for collection, we just need to make sure everyone knows not throw them away and the calor as well i
guess.

Not to mention the calor isn't completely empty

Tom