News: The Typesafe Stack has been ported on to Heroku (PaaS)

Mitch Wong Ho

Oct 4, 2011, 3:52:47 AM10/4/11
to south-africa-s...@googlegroups.com
"We've been working with a team at Heroku to support the Typesafe Stack, including ScalaAkka, and Simple Build Tool on Heroku's Cedar platform. Today the service goes live."

Pavel Tcholakov

Oct 4, 2011, 5:32:27 AM10/4/11
to south-africa-s...@googlegroups.com
Saw this earlier, excellent news! Big fan of Heroku although I haven't
done anything useful with it yet. I'd love to have a similar
virtualization stack for in-house deployments. I wonder if they'll
ever consider packaging and licensing it :-)

P.

Mitchell Wong Ho

Oct 4, 2011, 5:51:58 AM10/4/11
to south-africa-s...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried VMWare's Cloud Foundry PaaS?
--
Regards,
Mitch

Pavel Tcholakov

Oct 4, 2011, 7:05:40 AM10/4/11
to south-africa-s...@googlegroups.com
I haven't, no, although I've seen the demos and we use vSphere
internally so it's a perfect fit. There are factors preventing me from
doing PaaS other than the tech ;-)

P.