Sketch of Lane Bryant suspect nets 2 dozen leads

Susan Smith Ross

Feb 11, 2008, 12:13:22 PM2/11/08
to The-Vine AKA, akachic...@yahoogroups.com, AKA XiNuOmega, SIU Sorors, souLiv...@googlegroups.com

Sketch of Lane Bryant suspect nets 2 dozen leads

February 11, 2008
BY MAUREEN O'DONNELL Staff Reporter

A police sketch of the suspect in the Lane Bryant store slayings has resulted in more than two dozen new leads, Tinley Park Mayor Ed Zabrocki said Sunday.

"From what I understand, they got in excess of two dozen leads on it," said Zabrocki, chief executive of the town where five women were fatally shot Feb. 2 at Brookside Marketplace mall at 191st and Harlem.

Tinley Park police have released this sketch of the man suspected of fatally shooting five women in a Lane Bryant clothing store.
(Courtesy)

RELATED STORIES
The face of a mall killer

The Lane Bryant store had no security cameras, prompting some to ask whether they should be mandatory, Zabrocki said. "I think the village is looking toward those kinds of things,'' he said.

Rev. Jesse Jackson held a vigil outside the store Sunday. "If someone knows something about the shooting, you need to come forward," he said.

Officials at the Lane Bryant chain said they are uncertain when the store will reopen, the Associated Press reported.

Anyone with information should call Tinley Park police at (708) 444-5394.

Contributing: SouthtownStar

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.