Souliss and Grove Shield

Giorgio Zoppetti

Jul 5, 2013, 10:44:18 AM7/5/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I bought few days ago some grove module (TWIG) and a base shield. I found the system very easy and useful and I will try to use it with Souliss.
I attach one image of the module and the base shield mount on a Freakduino Chibi.

Regards
Giorgio.
P1310896.JPG

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 5, 2013, 10:50:07 AM7/5/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Giorgio,

We get recently support from Seeedstudio and as soon we will receive their material we will start to develop dedicated code in Souliss.

It would be nice start to develop somenthing based on the hardware that is with you.

Have you yet an idea of what examples you will develop with Souliss and Grove?

Regards,
Dario.

From mobile.

Giorgio Zoppetti

Jul 6, 2013, 7:38:08 AM7/6/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario,

I think I will test the typical for use temperature sensor and lux sensor. After this, I will try to use the PIR motion to control light with a relay shield.
Regards
Giorgio.

Alessandro Del Pex

Jul 7, 2013, 5:19:02 PM7/7/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giorgio, the temperature typical is quite new, donàt be discouraged from some possible bug. Which typical do you plan to use?

Lux sensor is quite stable, it outputs lux reading from sensor in 0-255 range. You can easily implement actions based on sensor value using app programs.

Let us know your discoveries
Alessandro

adrian....@jarawi.com

Jul 15, 2013, 7:51:07 AM7/15/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

I'm Adrian and I'm really interested in grove+souliss, specially in Led strip module and temperature sensor (with digital input), I'm not so familiar with souliss now but I'm need to learn, can you give me some clue to start?

Regards

Adrián

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 15, 2013, 4:17:17 PM7/15/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

welcome in :D, the LED Strip Driver and Temperature Sensor will be supplied by Seeedstudio for development, are not yet in our hand, but we can work together to make them work right now with few effort.

Starting from the LED, the first step is build one of the examples that are coming from Seeedstudio in their wiki, this to make things working from the hardware point of view. Here there are some details about http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Grove_-_LED_Strip_Driver

This driver is basically a software shift register that will write for each color (R, G, B) the relevant value. Once you have done a working setup you can move to the integration with Souliss, your starting point should be Souliss_ex10_RGBStrip_eth1.ino, there is just one action to make them working, change the output methods.

In the Souliss_ex10_RGBStrip_eth1 example to drive the LED strip is generated a PWM directly at the board using;

// Use the output values to control the PWM
analogWrite(3, Souliss_Output(memory_map, LEDRED));
analogWrite(5, Souliss_Output(memory_map, LEDGREEN));
analogWrite(6, Souliss_Output(memory_map, LEDBLUE));

Using the Seeedstudio LED Strip driven it should be something like

Driver.begin();

Driver.SetColor( Souliss_Output(memory_map, LEDRED), Souliss_Output(memory_map, LEDGREEN), Souliss_Output(memory_map, LEDBLUE));

Driver.end();

You need also to include the following statements from the SingleLEDStrip example included into the Seeedstudio drivers http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/File:LEDStripDriver_library.zip

#include "RGBdriver.h"
#define CLK 2//pins definitions for the driver
#define DIO 3
RGBdriver Driver(CLK,DIO);

This should give you a direct access via Android, the only note is relevant the timing, I don't know how fast it could be this drivers (looks not so heavy) and this could have impact on performance while driving you light by music.Right now we did also via I2C (using Olimex LED Driver MOD-RGB) and the performance was ok (there is a video on youtube).

This could be the first step, while moving later to temperature sensors. We are right now working on a new way to handle analog values, using half-precision (2 bytes) floating points, we are near to complete, but the old way is still working.

Regards,
Dario.

adrian....@jarawi.com

Jul 16, 2013, 9:38:38 AM7/16/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario:

Thanks for answer, I will try it tonight and I tell you the results.

Regards

Adrián
Message has been deleted

Giorgio Zoppetti

Jul 17, 2013, 5:36:41 AM7/17/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com, adrian....@jarawi.com
Hi,
I did the same things Dario write and all work perfect! Now I try to use led sensor and PIR for working with led strip.

Regards

Giorgio.

Di Maio, Dario

Jul 17, 2013, 8:22:06 AM7/17/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giorgio,

please share your sketch.

Thanks,
Dario.

Giorgio Zoppetti

Jul 17, 2013, 10:46:22 AM7/17/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I attached the sketch. I start from modbus_mygarage example and add the led strip typical.
The strip driver module is connected on the D5 connector, the D6 must be not connected.

Regards,

Giorgio.
arduino_example_stripled.ino

Dario Di Maio

Jul 23, 2013, 5:30:54 PM7/23/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com, adrian....@jarawi.com
Hi Adrian,

have you tried it?

Regards,
Dario.

adrian....@jarawi.com

Jul 26, 2013, 10:38:01 AM7/26/13
to sou...@googlegroups.com, adrian....@jarawi.com
Hello again:

I was very busy last days, but today I can try it and it's works very well, now, I will try another things.

thanks a lot