SonarQube 6.4 and selecting issues via the keyboard

Paul Wagland

Jun 21, 2017, 4:24:50 AM6/21/17
to SonarQube
Hi all,

We recently upgraded to SonarQube 6.4, and for the most part it looks great, and nice UI improvement on 6.3. Well done!

However one thing that I have noticed is that the keyboard shortcuts have changed in one (for me) critical area: When you are in an issues list you can navigate the list using the keyboard, but when navigating the list you can only select issues by using the mouse on the checkbox. My old workflow used this ability "reasonably often", or at least often enough that I noticed this omission very quickly :-) The space bar now moves the page one screen forward instead of selecting the current item.

Any chance that this can be fixed, or that a different key can be chosen to select the current item? Or, if there is already a key to select the current item, can it be added to the keyboard shortcut help?

Cheers,
Paul

Fabrice Bellingard

Jun 29, 2017, 9:34:19 AM6/29/17
to Paul Wagland, Stas Vilchik, Gregoire Aubert, SonarQube
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Paul Wagland <pwag...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

We recently upgraded to SonarQube 6.4, and for the most part it looks great, and nice UI improvement on 6.3. Well done!

Thanks for the kind words, Paul.

However one thing that I have noticed is that the keyboard shortcuts have changed in one (for me) critical area: When you are in an issues list you can navigate the list using the keyboard, but when navigating the list you can only select issues by using the mouse on the checkbox. My old workflow used this ability "reasonably often", or at least often enough that I noticed this omission very quickly :-) The space bar now moves the page one screen forward instead of selecting the current item.
Any chance that this can be fixed, or that a different key can be chosen to select the current item? Or, if there is already a key to select the current item, can it be added to the keyboard shortcut help?

@Greg and @Stas: any particular reason why this shortcut was removed?

Best regards,
Fabrice Bellingard | SonarSource
SonarQube & SonarCloud Product Manager
http://sonarsource.com

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Wagland

Jul 5, 2017, 1:20:57 AM7/5/17
to SonarQube, pwag...@gmail.com, stas.v...@sonarsource.com, gregoir...@sonarsource.com
Hi Fabrice,

Has there been any update on this internally? This is still a pain point, albeit minor, for me :-)

Cheers,
Paul

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 3:34:19 PM UTC+2, Fabrice Bellingard wrote:
[...]

Gregoire Aubert

Jul 5, 2017, 4:07:18 AM7/5/17
to Paul Wagland, SonarQube, Stas Vilchik, Fabrice Bellingard
Hello,

I created the following Jira ticket regarding this issue : https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-9513
The feature was probably removed by mistake when upgrading the UI in 6.4.

Best regards,
--

Grégoire Aubert | SonarSource

Developer