Successor to project dashboards?

goo...@nemesis13.de

Nov 17, 2016, 9:55:07 AM11/17/16
to SonarQube
Hi there,

in the latest releases the project dashboards were removed without replacement. The default project dashboards Sonar comes with are way too minimalistic. We have quite a few projects in Sonar and I'm sick of creating the same custom dashboard over and over for each project respectively. In the end, probably nobody's going to find them anyways, since the dashboards are not linked anywhere on the project sub-pages. I'm seriously thinking about downgrading to sonar 6.0 right now.

Is there any plan to expand the generic dashboards, dashboard templates or a plugin or anything?

Thanks
Have a nice day
Hubert Grzeskowiak

G. Ann Campbell

Nov 17, 2016, 11:00:33 AM11/17/16
to SonarQube
Hi Hubert,

There's no plan to resurrect this functionality. What do you feel is missing from the project landing page?

Ann

mspong

Nov 18, 2016, 5:04:15 PM11/18/16
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

My request may be similar.  I am part of a Center of Excellence that has created a dashboard template for many teams. I have then created dashboards for each team based on the template.

My problem is that periodically I need to update the master template.  It would be very nice if there was some kind of inheritance model where I make the change in the template, and the changes flow down to each of the templates that are based on the master.

Is there any way to do that?  Failing a nice GUI, is there some markup (XML perhaps) that could be copied and pasted to change the layout of the templates in a consistent way?

Thanks

step...@googlemail.com

Dec 9, 2016, 5:44:36 AM12/9/16
to SonarQube
I think the (customized) dashboards used to be one killer feature that is a great advantage towards other code analysis tools and made SonarQube become the standard tool in code analysis/continues inspection. In our company several teams are using Sonar, each one with customized dashboards to focus on exactly the measure of the project which is critical and needs improvement.

I know the dashboards/widgets feature means a lot of maintenance effort but it is in fact a core feature that must remain. I also understand that people simply misused dashboards as reporting tools, but that is a customer problem and not one of the product.

Ingmar Kellner

Dec 9, 2016, 4:05:53 PM12/9/16
to sona...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am a couple of weeks late to join the discussion, but here is my view in favor of the project dashboards:

As others have said, having the possibility of showing exactly the info that was relevant for a project (or group of developers), was a really good feature.
Not being forced into the "one size fits all" mentality was a big relief.

And as the developer of the Sonargraph plugin, I can say that the dashboard widgets provided a way to give the users the set of info that they know from our product.
Including links (e.g. Number of violating parser dependencies) to the issues view that automatically applied the right filters to only show those issues.
(In case anybody is interested the following page shows the widgets: http://eclipse.hello2morrow.com/doc/build/content/sonarqube_integration.html)
It was a cool way to provide customized UX... I don't see how that can be achieved in 6.1 easily.
In case I missed it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ingmar

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. November 2016 um 17:00 Uhr
Von: "G. Ann Campbell" <ann.ca...@sonarsource.com>
An: SonarQube <sona...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: Successor to project dashboards?

arjen.v...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2016, 8:22:28 AM12/21/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

Also a bit of a late reaction here, but we also use custom dashboards and customwidgets to monitor our source-code quality.
Our plugins provide data/metrics that we like to visualize in a certain way, for which we use custom-widgets.
To do this on multiple sonar-instances we also provide custom dashboards in our plugin.

Dropping support for this would probably mean the end of our sonar-plugin and would force us to select a different product for quality management

Regards,
Arjen

Op vrijdag 9 december 2016 22:05:53 UTC+1 schreef Ingmar Kellner:
Message has been deleted

lx89...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2016, 12:50:37 PM12/21/16
to SonarQube, arjen.v...@gmail.com
Hi all

The same also applies to us! We use general (for hundreds of project the same) customized dashboards which cover individual needs. If this feature is no longer present, we can / will not upgrade to v6.2+

Best.

step...@googlemail.com

Dec 21, 2016, 2:11:13 PM12/21/16
to SonarQube
The landing page covers a lot of stuff, theoretically. In reality it looks different. A team leader decides "lets try to use Sonar to fix our bugs" for a legacy project. He wants to visualize code quality to motivate developers to improve it. So they install and configure SonarQube, analyze their project. Quality is bad.
- One developer starts to write tests to increase coverage. He needs a dashboards showing just the hotspots of low test coverage and the overall coverage percentage.
- One developer focuses on documentation and requires a dashboard to find undocumented public interfaces easily.
- Other developers start to fix potential bugs.
- In agile sprint reviews they want to show quality improvements of the last 3 weeks to make stakeholders happy. They don't want to see numbers or percentages, they want see up arrows. Time machine is perfect in that case

The required information on dashboards even differs depending on technology:
- We have a UI intense Java Swing application. Automated testing is hard for Swing, so we do a lot of manual tests. We don't care so much about overall coverage, the most important is to hunt potential security issues because of the desktop application and Java.
- Another team writes a C++ backend and focuses highly on test coverage
- A web developer analyzes HTML and JS. He has no knowledge or tools to increase test coverage and does not care about it. He just wants to see formatting issues.
All developers want to start their browsers in the morning and see exactly the information they require to work on their projects. Customized dashboards make that possible.

fle...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2016, 11:08:43 AM12/22/16
to SonarQube
Apart from the fact that I also missed this item in the Upgrade Notes (I think it's not clear at all, "Customisable project dashboards removed" doesn't sound like removing the default pre-configured dashboards that many Sonar users consider as a large part of Sonar's value), apparently like many users I find the removal of this feature pretty unbelievable.
I mean when browsing various places, here are the only justifications that I found:
"Projects dashboards are no more needed and can be removed."
"User-needs oriented spaces: In the 5.x series, project dashboards were replaced by hardcoded pages dedicated to fit the use cases that SonarQube is meant for: seeing the overall quality of a project on its home page, quickly identifying whether the leak is fixed and the reasons why it might not be, and digging into the details to know more about what’s going wrong. Following the same logic, next LTS of SonarQube will get rid of global dashboards and widgets to provide pages designed to answer the needs of developers, technical leaders, project managers and executives – all this out of the box without having to wonder what to configure."

How can removing everything can be considered as "following the same logic" and "all this out of the box"? All this nothingness? Sure the pages for the details are pretty nice, but a global dashboard is something incredibly useful in itself, I'm almost crying I updated to 6.2...

marcel daeppen

Dec 23, 2016, 9:13:09 AM12/23/16
to SonarQube
Dear SQ team
one size fits all? not really! Sonarqube is a purely static code scanner to get a comprehensive picture of the e2e quality we feed a lot of run-time data into SQ. What are the concepts for visualisation this kind of data?

x-fingers: Maybe the santa claus brings back the feature

Brian Sperlongano

Dec 23, 2016, 2:13:01 PM12/23/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

You can literally download this data from the SQ web API and chart it in Excel a hundred way to Sunday.

For example, use <sonarqube server url>/api/timemachine/?resource=<project key>&metrics=uncovered_lines,lines_to_cover,blocker_violations,critical_violations,major_violations,info_violations,squale_index,ncloc,complexity,functions,files&format=csv

Replace the "metrics" parameter values with whatever metrics you care about.

Open this up with excel and charting galore!

Hope that helps,
Brian

Dan Tran

Dec 23, 2016, 7:40:09 PM12/23/16
to SonarQube
I think SonarQube should charge for this feature.  a commercial plugin perhaps?

st...@springett.us

Dec 29, 2016, 2:18:26 PM12/29/16
to SonarQube
I also am a bit surprised by this move. It will likely mean the end of the OWASP Dependency-Check plugin and the OWASP ZAP plugin, both of which rely on custom dashboard widgets to display their relevant metrics. A one-size-fits-all approach is fine assuming SQ actually accounts for all possible situations, which I don't think is possible. OWASP Dependency-Check is currently used by thousands of organizations to find vulnerable dependencies though evidence-based analysis. The SQ plugin with custom dashboard provided visibility into a problem that has previously been ignored by development teams and quality metrics. Looks like I may have to drop SQ and recommend to my organization, as well as to the global Dependency-Check install-base, another solution.

Very disappointing.

Mike Barry

Dec 29, 2016, 2:47:01 PM12/29/16
to SonarQube
The ability to sort... I've got 140 projects that span from 2k-400k LOC. I can't sort the landing page.....

Fabrice Bellingard

Jan 2, 2017, 12:50:12 PM1/2/17
to SonarQube
Hi guys,

I'm replying to many of you in a single mail to avoid too much notifications - but the fact is that this thread tends to get too big and mixes different (even if correlated) topics.

@stephan3h: all the use cases you gave are covered with the current version of SonarQube, you just don't get a so-called "dashboard" for them. You want to improve test coverage? The "Coverage" domain page shows you a bubble chart with the files that have the biggest amount of untested lines of code (and you can also drilldown on a dedicated metric). You want to hunt the places where more comments should be written? (assuming this is a good idea to ask a developer to work only on this) You can use the "Comments" page that lists the hotspots with that respect. As for the various stakeholders, educate them with the Leak concept (read this and that): with a good quality in place and the project home page, they won't bother you with details.

@Ingmar and @Steve: SonarQube 6.3 will make it possible to contribute pages (MMF-631), so your plugin will still be able to provide a page where you can display the information you want. It's not there in SonarQube 6.2 because we didn't want to spend another 6-month sprint (like for 5.2) before going to production. But it will definitely be there in 6.3 (it's actually already on master).

@Mike: the "Projects" page is only in its first version, we obviously plan to add more features to answer most use cases (see MMF-555 for instance).

@Marcel: SonarQube is not meant to give a **comprehensive picture of the e2e** quality. It is not a multi-purpose aggregation tool either. I know this is what some users would like to have, but our product is not designed for this. It's like if you were trying to implement SonarQube features in Jenkins: you could probably implement some basic use cases, but this would not be a good idea, you would be stuck very quickly because Jenkins is a CI tool and is not meant for this. If you want to aggregate data from different tools, then you can use the Web Service API - everything is available. For instance, at SonarSource, we use Atlasboard as an aggregator that gets information from SonarQube, JIRA, Jenkins, ... etc.

Hope this answers most questions,

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
SonarQube & SonarLint Product Manager
http://sonarsource.com

Bernd G.

Jan 22, 2017, 8:34:23 AM1/22/17
to SonarQube
Thanks for the insightful summary, Fabrice. Somewhere else somebody posted a link to a SonarQube blog entry that gives a similar summary and some outlook to the next LTS for mid 2017. I put it here for completeness: https://blog.sonarsource.com/sonarqube-6-x-series-focused-and-efficient/

So there's a gap right now for dashboarding/aggregation functionality but the gap will be filled with things that will better fit the main purpose of SonarQube. That's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case, I wonder what the best upgrade strategy will be for people that currently depend on dashboard functionality - stay with their current 5.x version? Upgrade to version 6.0 but not beyond? Are any issues in 6.0 found later be backported to 6.0? I appreciate some guidance by the SonarQube team on this.

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 23, 2017, 3:05:18 AM1/23/17
to Bernd G., SonarQube
Hi Bernd,

You're not wrong; we do intend to fill the gap with pre-rolled pages.

Regarding upgrade strategy: fixes will more than likely not be back-ported to 6.0. That's just not how our versioning strategy works. Fixes will be back-ported to 5.6, the LTS version, as necessary as long as it's the LTS. Versions between LTS's, and 6.0 is one of those versions, don't generally get patched.

So for the upgrade strategy, if you're currently on 5.6, you probably want to stay there until the new LTS is announced. But if you've already jumped on the 6-train, I'd say go for the incremental improvements in each intermediate version.

Ann

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Manager

mathew....@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2017, 6:14:22 AM1/23/17
to SonarQube
Hi,

I appreciate the perspective in terms of SQ not being a reporting tool. I do think that removing the reporting capability is a big loss.

Is there an easy way with 6.2 to obtain a trend (history) line for groups of metrics on a single page? I found the sparklines cross last few builds a really simple way to see improvement.

Kind Regards,

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 23, 2017, 6:55:48 AM1/23/17
to mathew....@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Matthew,

There is not.

Ann

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Manager

lance....@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2017, 1:24:48 PM1/24/17
to SonarQube
I also see the removal of the dashboards functionality a huge loss.   We essentially consider this core functionality in the sonar product and it is used widely at our organization where I support the tool.   As of yet I really haven't seen any explanation as to why this functionality has been removed from the product.   It seems SonarQube has taken the position of removing it and then asking the community to justify putting it back.  As mentioned before there are also 3rd party tools that used the widget functionality of the dashboards which can no longer be used as well.

Can anyone from SonarQube provide a detailed explanation of why this functionality was simply removed (with nothing more than a one line blurb in the release notes) and if this functionality will be restored/replaced in the next LTS version?

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:55:48 AM UTC-5, G. Ann Campbell wrote:
Hi Matthew,

There is not.

Ann

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Manager

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 2:55:07 PM UTC, Hubert Grzeskowiak wrote:
Hi there,

in the latest releases the project dashboards were removed without replacement. The default project dashboards Sonar comes with are way too minimalistic. We have quite a few projects in Sonar and I'm sick of creating the same custom dashboard over and over for each project respectively. In the end, probably nobody's going to find them anyways, since the dashboards are not linked anywhere on the project sub-pages. I'm seriously thinking about downgrading to sonar 6.0 right now.

Is there any plan to expand the generic dashboards, dashboard templates or a plugin or anything?

Thanks
Have a nice day
Hubert Grzeskowiak

Bernd Götz

Jan 26, 2017, 6:19:34 PM1/26/17
to G. Ann Campbell, mathew....@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Ann, I have a use case that is not supported anymore without dashboards, and I wonder if you could tell me how this is being made possible again in later versions of SonarQube:
We are using one single SonarQube instance across multiple IT departments within my organization. In our current instance, version 5.1, we use a manual (aka custom) measure on each project to assign it to one of the department. With that, we are able to create dedicated dashboards per department using filters to only show projects from one department, sort the list by last analysis, loc, show loc/technical debt/etc in a pie chart, etc. How do you foresee such a use case? How should multiple teams use one single SonarQube instance? Thanks.
Best regards,
Bernd

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 at 12:55 G. Ann Campbell <ann.ca...@sonarsource.com> wrote:
Hi Matthew,

There is not.

Ann

---
[...]

Fabrice Bellingard

Jan 27, 2017, 4:22:28 AM1/27/17
to Bernd Götz, G. Ann Campbell, mathew....@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Bernd,

The "Projects" page will be the place which answers this use case:
  • thanks to project tags, you will be able to identify and group projects of a given IT department
  • on the page, you will see the distribution of those projects on the different main axis (quality gate status, reliability, security, maintainability, coverage, duplication, size, ... etc)
  • and we will probably add some visualizations/charts that make sense (to somehow fill the gap with what previous dashboards used to do)

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
SonarQube & SonarLint Product Manager
http://sonarsource.com

Bernd Götz

Jan 27, 2017, 5:09:44 AM1/27/17
to Fabrice Bellingard, G. Ann Campbell, mathew....@gmail.com, SonarQube, Stefan Eberle
Awesome! That answered all my questions, thanks a lot! What's the timeline for tags and project view?

Fabrice Bellingard

Bernd Götz

mathew....@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 6:33:14 AM1/30/17
to SonarQube, bernd...@iaeth.ch, ann.ca...@sonarsource.com, mathew....@gmail.com, stefan...@swissre.com
This is great news.

It would be great if this can be included and a standard API can be defined for this type of reporting then the reporting could be broken into a separate project to enable independent releases.

Thanks

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 12:20:29 PM UTC, Fabrice Bellingard wrote:
Our ambition is to have this for next LTS - expected mid-2017 if everything goes well (we still have a lot of things to work on for this next LTS!).

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
SonarQube & SonarLint Product Manager
http://sonarsource.com

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Bernd Götz <bernd...@iaeth.ch> wrote:
Awesome! That answered all my questions, thanks a lot! What's the timeline for tags and project view?

lance....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2017, 10:35:02 AM2/17/17
to SonarQube, bernd...@iaeth.ch, ann.ca...@sonarsource.com, mathew....@gmail.com, stefan...@swissre.com
So all the dashboards (project dashboards, time machine dashboard, etc) functionality that we considered core of this tool, has been removed and there are no plans to offer similar functionality in 6.x??

josea...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2017, 6:47:43 AM3/2/17
to SonarQube, bernd...@iaeth.ch, ann.ca...@sonarsource.com, mathew....@gmail.com
Hi there,

Another one here very sorry about the lost functionality. The TreeMap views are very appreciated by our teams and managers. I really hope you can bring back some of that functionality in the next release. Until then we will stay with version 5.X. :-(

I tried v6.0 and the Treemaps are still there but they don't work properly. :-( I think the bug SONAR-6708 was reintroduced. Any chance of fixing that in v.6.0?

Regards,
Jose Barba

G. Ann Campbell

Mar 2, 2017, 7:43:53 AM3/2/17
to SonarQube
Hi Jose,

Could you start another thread & post some screenshots of your broken treemaps, please?

Thx,
Ann

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Manager

José Antonio Barba Milanés

Mar 6, 2017, 5:53:55 AM3/6/17
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

Done! Thanks in advance!

Jose
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to sonarqube+...@googlegroups.com.

Stephen...@mac.com

Jun 5, 2017, 11:12:46 AM6/5/17
to SonarQube, arjen.v...@gmail.com, lx89...@gmail.com
The solution to this is to not use SonarQube to display your metrics!

You can feed them into Splunk along with your Jenkins jobs and dashboard them there instead.

Our instance of SQ analyses over 900 github repos and over 1000 build artifacts made up of 18.7m lines of source. We have many custom measures / plugins. Using SonarQube to display metrics is a dead-end for us now.

G. Ann Campbell

Jul 14, 2017, 3:27:44 AM7/14/17
to SonarQube, bernd...@iaeth.ch, ann.ca...@sonarsource.com, mathew....@gmail.com, stefan...@swissre.com, lance....@gmail.com
Hi Guys,

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I wanted to make sure you saw the new graphs in 6.5. RC 1 was put out just today: https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!topic/sonarqube/1ThRpLMAw1s

Ann

mathew....@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2017, 3:58:29 AM7/14/17
to SonarQube
Appreciate the follow up. Is there a publically accessible runtime that I can have a look at?

Regards,
Mat.

Bernd Götz

Jul 15, 2017, 7:41:26 AM7/15/17
to G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube, mathew....@gmail.com, stefan...@swissre.com, lance....@gmail.com
Appreciated! Many thanks, Ann!

G. Ann Campbell

Jul 15, 2017, 10:38:49 AM7/15/17
to Mathew Butler, SonarQube
Hi Matt,

You can download the RC from the announcement email, or talked a look at the graphs on the project activity page on https://next.sonarqube.com.

Ann

st...@springett.us

Jul 17, 2017, 12:52:50 AM7/17/17
to SonarQube
Ann,

If I go to the Measures tab, I can see the metrics that my plugin provides. No widget of course, but at least the metrics are there. I have three major issues with it however.

1) There doesn't appear to be a way to make the 'other' metrics look like the 'main' metrics. It's just a key/value list - which is useful - just rather ugly.

2) There isn't a way to indicate an increase or decrease in value. Users have to click on the individual metric they want to see, go to the history tab, just to see if there's a change.

3) The UI ignores the order of metrics returned by getMetrics(). In my case, I'm returning an ArrayList because I want the metrics to display in a specific order, however, the UI ignores this and sorts alphabetically instead. This makes the values in the Measures tab hard to read.

I'm quite surprised that after the course of 5 releases (since 6.0), that the new UI still is major steps behind the functionality and usability of the 5.x UI. 6.x just isn't as useful IMO.

On Jul 14, 2017 3:58 AM, <mathew....@gmail.com> wrote:
Appreciate the follow up. Is there a publically accessible runtime that I can have a look at?

Regards,
Mat.

G. Ann Campbell

Jul 17, 2017, 9:31:05 AM7/17/17
to SonarQube, st...@springett.us
Hi Steve,

I've checked with Stas and you haven't missed any tricks (which was my original assumption). You indeed can't do any of the things you've listed. However, what you can do is add a custom page to the interface.

HTH,
Ann

marc....@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2017, 4:52:24 AM7/31/17
to SonarQube, st...@springett.us
Hi Ann,

I must admit, the removal of global and project dashboards have forced us to select another provider. We will run 5.6.6 until it's time runs out which seems to be pretty soon, however we cannot use version 6.1 or above due to the removal of this functionality.
Unfortunately we spent a lot of time getting our dashboards perfect and the current layouts just don't sit well with anyone from the executive, management, development and testing teams.

This is really a heartbreaker, why on earth would such a change even be considered, to remove your primary feature in favour of.. I don't even know what to call it.
Gone is the global overview and customized displays.

This is really sad.

Kind Regards,
Marc Magon

G. Ann Campbell

Jul 31, 2017, 9:18:04 AM7/31/17
to marc....@gmail.com, SonarQube, st...@springett.us
Hi Marc,

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving the community.

I know this probably won't sway you, but I wanted to share this ticket, which is currently in progress. It's relevant to the discussion because you were asking for a way to make a custom metric the primary metric in a domain (i.e. displayed prominently). The ticket I've linked to drops the "primary metric" concept altogether as part of making the existing Measures graphs more visible and accessible.

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/d1c7f128-bb00-4461-8d57-4695870fca18%40googlegroups.com.

tijana...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 7:36:10 AM9/1/17
to SonarQube, marc....@gmail.com, st...@springett.us
Hi all

My team has also used SonarQube for quite some time and were really happy with grouping different customizable widgets to dashboards. So losing them is really a problem for us. Do you know if dashboards will be available on Enterprise edition?

BR
Tijana

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 1, 2017, 7:54:52 AM9/1/17
to tijana...@gmail.com, SonarQube, Marc Magon, Steve Springett
Hi Tijana,

They will not. However there is the option (through custom plugins) to add custom pages at the project level. They'll show up under the 'More' menu item.

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/910936bd-6044-49fc-941a-7d2dcdc95372%40googlegroups.com.

tijana...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 8:04:17 AM9/1/17
to SonarQube, tijana...@gmail.com, marc....@gmail.com, st...@springett.us
Hi Ann

Thank you for reply. Can you please give me more info about this or link where I can read more ? I have installed 6.5 version.

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 1, 2017, 8:37:20 AM9/1/17
to tijana...@gmail.com, SonarQube, Marc Magon, Steve Springett
Sorry, I should have done that to start with: https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/DEV/Creating+a+Page

:-)
Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/722b675e-6ef2-4956-b52d-75da51408b50%40googlegroups.com.

psuma....@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2018, 2:44:28 AM6/1/18
to SonarQube
Hi Team,
Is any way we can customize the dashboard in Sonarqube 6.7.1 as i am not finding any dashbord tab .  i need to hide or disable the code coverage display from the dashboard,

Thanks & Regards,
Suma

G. Ann Campbell

Jun 1, 2018, 3:52:32 AM6/1/18
to psuma....@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Suma,

This page is not editable.

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

Suma P

Jun 1, 2018, 4:48:03 AM6/1/18
to SonarQube

On Friday, June 1, 2018 at 1:22:32 PM UTC+5:30, G. Ann Campbell wrote:
Hi Suma,

This page is not editable.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Please mail to psuma....@gmail.com mail please.suggest me on that..

Regards,
Suma

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 8:25:07 PM UTC+5:30, Hubert Grzeskowiak wrote:
Hi there,

in the latest releases the project dashboards were removed without replacement. The default project dashboards Sonar comes with are way too minimalistic. We have quite a few projects in Sonar and I'm sick of creating the same custom dashboard over and over for each project respectively. In the end, probably nobody's going to find them anyways, since the dashboards are not linked anywhere on the project sub-pages. I'm seriously thinking about downgrading to sonar 6.0 right now.

Is there any plan to expand the generic dashboards, dashboard templates or a plugin or anything?

Thanks
Have a nice day
Hubert Grzeskowiak

G. Ann Campbell

Jun 1, 2018, 5:22:31 AM6/1/18
to Suma P, SonarQube
Hi Suma,

Please include the Google Group in your replies.

To address your question, if you can manage to have no coverage data reported, then I believe that row will go away. However, most of the analyzers will fill in 0's where no coverage data is available, so this is going to be very difficult for you.

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Suma P <psuma....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ann Campbell,

Please suggest me is any other way is there to hide the code coverage in dashboard.

Thanks & Regards,
Suma

nicolas...@sonarsource.com

Jun 1, 2018, 5:28:06 AM6/1/18
to SonarQube
Hi Suma,

You could try passing ' **/* ' to your coverage exclusions (Project Admin Settings, Analysis Scope, Code Coverage). If any feedback, please do so in a distinct thread as it's quite independent from the broader dashboard discussion this topic was about.

Best regards,
Nicolas
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to sonarqube+...@googlegroups.com.

Suma P

Jun 1, 2018, 6:00:06 AM6/1/18
to nicolas...@sonarsource.com, G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
Hi Ann campbell and Nicolas,

I have tried with **/* but that will not hide or disable the dashboard display of code coverage report.

Regards,
Suma

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SonarQube" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/518b8856-c774-4c24-8e7d-bcbd62744a30%40googlegroups.com.