SonarQube docs say not to use Oracle driver 12.1.0.2 because of "major bugs"... are there specifics?

Eryq Ouithaqueue

Apr 5, 2016, 10:41:43 AM4/5/16
to SonarQube
I'm installing the latest version of SonarQube for plugin development in an Oracle 12c/Java 8 ecosystem.  On this page:

I came across this message:

(!) Driver Version

Oracle driver versions 12.1.0.1 and 12.1.0.2 has major bugs, and are not recommended for use with the SonarQube ecosystem.

Can someone (preferably the author of this warning) please provide details?  What are the "major bugs" that SonarQube encountered?  Our enterprise is currently transitioning to the 12.1.0.2 driver, which is the latest driver available from Oracle.  We haven’t seen references to any bugs in the Oracle documentation, and we have been working with their support folks for months.

Thanks,

Eryq

Simon Brandhof

Apr 5, 2016, 11:04:30 AM4/5/16
to Eryq Ouithaqueue, SonarQube
Hi Eryq,

We encountered the two following bugs :
Regards

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource
Tech Lead & Co-Founder
http://twitter.com/SimonBrandhof

Eryq Ouithaqueue

Apr 5, 2016, 12:50:11 PM4/5/16
to SonarQube, eryq.w...@gmail.com
Thanks for your quick reply, Simon!  :-)   I will pass on your information to our team, and configure SonarQube with the 11g driver.

Regards,

Eryq

mor....@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 6:05:30 AM11/10/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

There is a patch for the 2nd bug since june 2015.

Patch 19632480: ORACLEDATABASEMETADATA.GETTABLES CURSOR CONNECTION LEAK

03-Jun-2015 09:12 (1+ year ago)
JDBC
Oracle 12.1.0.2.0
Generic Platform
264.9 KB
Software
General
Bugs Resolved by This Patch
19632480ORACLEDATABASEMETADATA.GETTABLES CURSOR CONNECTION LEAK
Mor