JavaScript issue in SONAR Issues Report

jnhag...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2015, 5:01:32 PM6/30/15
to sona...@googlegroups.com, jnhagelb
To whom it may concern,

I am unable to create an account in the Jira system sonar is using and would like to report an issue we are seeing.

I'm a developer working on a large Java software project.  In the the sonar issues reports and issues-report light on our system, the issue filtering mechanism is non-functional.  This is due to a formatting issue for one of the variables in the generated javascript:
    var nbResources = 1,099;

var separators = new Array();

The same issue is present in both reports.  When I fix this line as follows, the filtering mechanism starts working again:

    var nbResources = 1099;

var separators = new Array();

We are using Sonar version 5.1.  This issue is very important to us, since our preview report is extremely long.  We are running sonar against a system with quite a bit of legacy code, and there are a large number of violations.  Without this working it is very hard to identify what critical and blocker violations are remaining when examining the preview report.  We are generating the preview report using the following options:

-Dsonar.analysis.mode=preview -Dsonar.issuesReport.html.enable=true

Would it be possible for someone to create a Jira for this issue so that it can be investigated and resolved?

Julien HENRY

Jul 1, 2015, 3:28:21 AM7/1/15
to sona...@googlegroups.com, jnhag...@gmail.com, jnhag...@gmail.com, jnha...@us.ibm.com
Hi,

Many thanks for the good investigation.

I have created this ticket:

++

Julien

andreas...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2015, 3:48:39 AM7/3/15
to sona...@googlegroups.com, jnha...@us.ibm.com, jnhag...@gmail.com
Hi,
we were also affected by this bug and i havn't found it on the web or in the jira on tuesday. There is so much confusion after "codehaus". I am glad i found this group today. A collegue found the same solution and we temporary fixed it via a sed expression as buildstep:

sed -i -e 's/\(var nbResources = [0-9]*\),\([0-9]*\)/\1\2/' target/sonar/issues-report/issues-report.html target/sonar/issues-report/issues-report-light.html

Kind regards,
Andreas