Intellij plugin 3.4.2... fails connecting to server with self signed cert when adding new token . 3.4.0 worked fine

Kevin Mandeville

Jun 8, 2018, 11:52:43 AM6/8/18
to SonarLint
I was using version 3.4.0 of the SonarLint plugin for Intellij. A coworker just installed the plugin so he got version 3.4.2... and was getting a failure "Failed to connect to the server. Please check the configuration. Error: Fail to request http://host/api/system/status"

But me on 3.4.0 the flow of adding the token from the server worked perfectly. Same server (that has a self signed cert). I updated my plugin and now I am getting the same error against the same Sonar server (with the self signed cert). Why did this functionality break in the new 'patch" version 3.4.2?? How do I get around it or downgrade to 3.4.0? Please help!!

janos....@sonarsource.com

Jun 11, 2018, 4:18:32 AM6/11/18
to SonarLint
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this.

You can find older versions of the plugin here:

If you downgrade, does it work? At which version?

Thanks,
Janos

Duarte Meneses

Jun 11, 2018, 4:25:18 AM6/11/18
to Kevin Mandeville, SonarLint
Hi,

Could you please send us the logs with the full stack trace? You should be able to find it in the logs tab in the SonarLint tool window.
Thanks.

--
Important: this SonarLint Google Group will close on June 11th, 2018, in order to move to a new forum to power even more community discussions. See details in this post: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sonarlint/7mRg447YjWM/yk64X5HyAQAJ
---

Duarte Meneses | SonarSource
Software Engineer

Are you using SonarLint in your IDE?