Cannot install SonarLint

david.j...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2016, 1:07:28 PM8/17/16
to SonarLint
I am using Eclipse Mars and the view for SonarLint broke, so I uninstalled the SonarLint plugin and installed SonarLint 2.2.  When I go to open there server view, there is not Sonar Lint.  It appears to be installed but I cannot find he views.  There are no preferences - nothing!

David

mik...@centurytel.net

Aug 17, 2016, 3:54:57 PM8/17/16
to SonarLint, david.j...@gmail.com
FYI: SonarLint 2.2 doesn't appear to be packaged correctly so can't initialize itself after being installed.

nicolas...@sonarsource.com

Aug 18, 2016, 3:12:44 AM8/18/16
to SonarLint, david.j...@gmail.com
Hi,

Just checking: did you make sure that your Eclipse is running with Java 8 ? It's a requirement since SonarLint v2.2.

Best regards,
Nicolas

duarte.meneses

Aug 18, 2016, 4:56:51 AM8/18/16
to SonarLint, david.j...@gmail.com
Even though I can't reproduce the problem with a fresh Eclipse Luna/Neon and OSGI console reports everything is fine, I did find wrong dependency versions in the manifest.

I prepared a new milestone with that problem fixed. Could you please give it a try?
You can use the following update site: https://dl.bintray.com/sonarsource/SonarLint-for-Eclipse/snapshots/2.2.1

David J Arnone

Aug 18, 2016, 9:44:24 AM8/18/16
to duarte.meneses, SonarLint

Another was to use Java 8.  And now yours.  I will try today.

David

Sent from my iPhone

Duarte Meneses

Aug 18, 2016, 9:54:45 AM8/18/16
to David J Arnone, SonarLint
The answer in stackoverflow reports the error that should be fixed by this milestone.

--
Duarte MENESES | SonarSource

Julien HENRY

Aug 22, 2016, 10:12:35 AM8/22/16
to Duarte Meneses, David J Arnone, SonarLint
Hi guys,

Just to be clear: there is no real problem with version 2.2.0 regarding MANIFEST and dependencies. As of today all people having the plugin not loading in Eclipse just needs to move to a JavaSE-1.8 compliant installation of Eclipse. It means using at least Kepler SR1 and starting Eclipse with a JVM 1.8+.

++

Julien

On Aug 18, 2016, at 4:56 AM, duarte.meneses <duarte....@sonarsource.com> wrote:

[...]

metall...@yahoo.com

Aug 25, 2016, 8:39:50 PM8/25/16
to SonarLint, david.j...@gmail.com
Hello Guys,
I updated to 2.2.1 using this link "https://dl.bintray.com/sonarsource/SonarLint-for-Eclipse/snapshots/2.2.1", checked that eclipse was starting with java 8 but still getting same problem as david, it's failing to load.

Duarte Meneses

Aug 26, 2016, 2:41:50 AM8/26/16
to metall...@yahoo.com, SonarLint, David J Arnone
Do you have anything in the Error Logs view?
Which Eclipse are you using?

David J Arnone

Aug 26, 2016, 8:38:28 AM8/26/16
to Duarte Meneses, metall...@yahoo.com, SonarLint
BTW, I am now running eclipse Mars with Java 8, installed the interim milestone,  confirmed the annotations to show, and everything seems to work. Yesterday or Wednesday eclipse detected an update to SonarLint but I have tried it yet.

David

Sent from my iPhone

metall...@yahoo.com

Aug 26, 2016, 12:45:55 PM8/26/16
to SonarLint, david.j...@gmail.com
Nothing interesting in the Error Logs, just some TestNG warnings and some old stuff.
I'm using eclipse Mars 4.5.2

(Sorry David that i stole your topic )