Re: npm install socket.io error

Gustavo Machado

Nov 10, 2012, 6:41:58 PM11/10/12
to sock...@googlegroups.com
This might sound weird, but I think that npm can't find "cmd" command in the PATH. Try executing this in a shell:

WHERE cmd
In my case (and I suspect yours as well) is:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Then try adding the folder to the PATH variable, in my case would be: "C:\Windows\System32"

Gus

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Andreas Backx <dre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone

I couldn't add it to the post because then I got 340 error.

I've been having an error since I tried installing socket.io using 'npm install socket.io'. Please check it out and tell me what is wrong, someone said that there was something wrong with my PATH variable, I don't know if he ment NODE_PATH or PATH, but here are both of the variables in case you need them:

PATH:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo Edit 7\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_06\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\nodejs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin;C:\Program Files\nodejs\

NODE_PATH:
C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules

Andreas