Sizeappeal.com

1 view

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Mar 15, 2005, 2:55:37 PM3/15/05
One of my friends just dropped me a link to sizeappeal.com, and I
thought that I'd pass it along in case it hadn't been seen by other folk
around here. I haven't looked at the site yet myself, as their front
page was a little racier than I wanted to have on my screen at work, but
she tells me that they have a good selection of clothing for plus-sized
women.

serene

Mar 15, 2005, 11:04:56 PM3/15/05
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:55:37 -0800, Irfon-Kim Ahmad wrote
(in article <JYqdne7rcuf...@rogers.com>):

> sizeappeal.com

Yummy.

serene, whose only complaint on lots of big-size clothing sites is
that the clothes often seem to assume that all fatchicks have big
bosoms

Siobhan Perricone

Mar 16, 2005, 9:23:05 AM3/16/05
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:04:56 +0000 (UTC), serene <ser...@serenepages.org>
wrote:

>serene, whose only complaint on lots of big-size clothing sites is
>that the clothes often seem to assume that all fatchicks have big
>bosoms

That's funny, my complaint is always the opposite, in that it's hard for me
to find clothing to fit my monstrous bosom.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Mar 16, 2005, 9:53:17 AM3/16/05

Yeah, one of my other friends mentioned when looking at the site that
all the models on it were quite endowed in the chest. I still haven't
looked at the site myself. I've known quite a few large women who
weren't particularly large-breasted who had similar complaints.

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Mar 16, 2005, 1:06:28 PM3/16/05
Siobhan Perricone <morg...@sover.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:04:56 +0000 (UTC), serene
> <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote:
>
>>serene, whose only complaint on lots of big-size clothing sites is
>>that the clothes often seem to assume that all fatchicks have big
>>bosoms
>
> That's funny, my complaint is always the opposite, in that it's hard
> for me to find clothing to fit my monstrous bosom.

Perhaps the complaint in general should be amended to read, "Too many
clothing designers don't view breast size as an independent variable."?

Stef

Mar 16, 2005, 2:22:13 PM3/16/05
In article <Fd6dndn__8z...@rogers.com>,

Being somewhat modestly endowed in the bosoms dept., I've learned to
suss out which tops will look good on me even when they are shown on
women with bigger boobs.

My problem with the sizeappeal site is that they don't seem to say
anywhere what the clothing is made out of.

(No criticism intended to you for posting it, If.)

--
Stef ** avid/sensible/sensual/wise/essential/elemental/tangle
** st...@cat-and-dragon.com <*> http://www.cat-and-dragon.com/stef

serene

Mar 17, 2005, 10:34:34 AM3/17/05
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:23:05 -0800, Siobhan Perricone wrote
(in article <cg7g31djbl420q3cj...@4ax.com>):

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:04:56 +0000 (UTC), serene <ser...@serenepages.org>
> wrote:
>
>> serene, whose only complaint on lots of big-size clothing sites is
>> that the clothes often seem to assume that all fatchicks have big
>> bosoms
>
> That's funny, my complaint is always the opposite, in that it's hard for me
> to find clothing to fit my monstrous bosom.

The perils of not being "average", I suppose.

serene (Monstrous? The hell you say. ;-)

Jane

Mar 17, 2005, 2:44:09 PM3/17/05

>>serene, whose only complaint on lots of big-size clothing sites is
>>that the clothes often seem to assume that all fatchicks have big
>>bosoms
>
>That's funny, my complaint is always the opposite, in that it's hard for me
>to find clothing to fit my monstrous bosom.

Yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?

Just one of the reasons why I sew my own clothes.

Jane

Siobhan Perricone

Mar 17, 2005, 7:32:55 PM3/17/05
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:34:34 +0000 (UTC), serene <ser...@serenepages.org>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:23:05 -0800, Siobhan Perricone wrote
>(in article <cg7g31djbl420q3cj...@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:04:56 +0000 (UTC), serene <ser...@serenepages.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> serene, whose only complaint on lots of big-size clothing sites is
>>> that the clothes often seem to assume that all fatchicks have big
>>> bosoms
>>
>> That's funny, my complaint is always the opposite, in that it's hard for me
>> to find clothing to fit my monstrous bosom.
>
>The perils of not being "average", I suppose.
>
>serene (Monstrous? The hell you say. ;-)

Ayup, I'm a Double-I or J cup (depending on who you ask). :)

William

Mar 25, 2005, 12:01:39 PM3/25/05
Yes the models are slightly larger women with big busts. The male
models do not have a ounce of fat on them which makes a confusing
statement.

William

William

Mar 25, 2005, 12:02:29 PM3/25/05
Seems that this catalog thinks larger men are not fit models to go
along with the large sized clothing models that they use.

William

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Mar 28, 2005, 3:53:40 PM3/28/05
William <shr...@Yahoo.com> wrote:
> Seems that this catalog thinks larger men are not fit models to go
> along with the large sized clothing models that they use.

I've never found that men in catalogues were large even in catalogues
for men's clothing.

Many companies have experimented with having larger models in the past,
but it seems that it hurts their sales to do so. I'm not sure how much
obligation they have to take reduced sales in stride on the principle of
the thing, especially when reduced sales would seem to send the message
that most of their customers don't care.

Eva Whitley

Mar 29, 2005, 2:13:47 AM3/29/05

You know the Brylane Corp. (Lane Bryant, Roaman's, and some Big & Tall
company) makes this claim all the time, but I've never seen any
supporting justification of it: what city the test was done in, what
year, what styles of clothing, etc. (There used to be a chain called 16
Plus that had a token fat model in their catalog and they put her in the
most god awful ugly bulletproof polyester thing. Hardly a fair test, and
this was in the early 80s.)

I have been getting Lane Bryant/Roaman's catalogs from 1979 to a few
years ago (it took years after my last order for them to finally take
the hint) and I will tell you I never saw a fat woman in any of them.
Which means *if* they did their experiment, it was pre-1979. Gosh, fat
acceptance wouldn't have had any effect since then, would it?

Now, I do believe this claim from Just My Size which used to use large
models but the last time I saw one of their catalogues they had regular
models. But Junonia seems to do just fine with larger models.

I do seem to remember one Big & Tall catalogue using professional
athletes (basketball and American football) as models. Maybe it got too
expensive?
--
Eva Whitley qstew6...@qis.net
www.evawhitley.net

Message has been deleted

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Mar 29, 2005, 7:37:52 PM3/29/05
whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts)
4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese
Flour
eggwash (milk and eggs)
seasoned bread crumbs
1 onion
minced
salt
pepper
butter
olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical
cords so they won?t be tough).
Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion
then fold in half, trimming neatly.
Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs;
allow to sit for a few minutes.
Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown,
about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb,
poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans
are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)
1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery
Onions
bell peppers
Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight.
Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and
fruit such as pineapples or cherries on the skewers.
Don?t be afraid to use a variety of meats.
Grill to medium rare,
serve with garlic cous-cous and sautéed asparagus.
Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese, and port.
Cigars for the gentlemen (and ladies if they so desire)!

Crock-Pot Crack Baby

When the quivering, hopelessly addicted crack baby succumbs to death,
get him immediately butchered and into the crock-pot, so that any
remaining toxins will not be fatal. But don?t cook it too long,
because like Blowfish, there is a perfect medium between the poisonous
and the stimulating. Though it may not have the same effect on your
guests, a whole chick

Stef

Mar 29, 2005, 10:44:28 PM3/29/05
In article <q5-dnWryjNC...@rogers.com>,

Irfon-Kim Ahmad <ir...@ambienautica.com> wrote:
>William <shr...@Yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Seems that this catalog thinks larger men are not fit models to go
>> along with the large sized clothing models that they use.
>
>I've never found that men in catalogues were large even in catalogues
>for men's clothing.

I get one men's clothing catalog that uses some men who are slightly on
the large side. I'm not remember its name at the moment though.

--
Stef ** avid/sensible/sensual/wise/essential/elemental/tangle
** st...@cat-and-dragon.com <*> http://www.cat-and-dragon.com/stef
**

Here is a short list that doctors use to diagnose heavy patients:
Type II Diabetes (hereditary) You're too fat
Hangnail Fat, definitely need to lose
Arthritis of any kind You're too fat
Migraine Headaches You are too fat
Hit by bus Too big a target
Attacked by wildebeest Couldn't move quick enough (too fat)
-- BC (bcand...@mindspring.com)

William

Mar 29, 2005, 8:09:37 PM3/29/05
rare, yearling, or the
morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a
drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped
5 cloves minced garlic
4-6 ounces bamboo shoots
Sherry
chicken broth
oil for deep frying (1 gallon)
Salt
pepper
soy & teriyaki
minced ginger, etc.
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water
1 egg beaten

Make the stuffing:
Marinate the flesh in a mixture of soy and teriyaki sauces
then stir fry in hot oil for till brown - about 1 minute, remove.
Stir-fry the vegetables.
Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning.
De-glaze with sherry, cooking off the alcohol.
Add broth (optional) cook a few more minutes.
Add the cornstarch, cook a few minutes till thick,
then place the stuffing into a colander and cool;
2 hours
Wrap the rolls:
Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly -
corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in,
wrap till remaining corner is left.
Brush with egg, seal, and allow to sit on the seal for
a few minutes.
Fry the rolls:
325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps.
Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden brown, drain on paper towels.

Lemon Neonate

Turkey serves just as well, and in fact even looks a bit like a
well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into
cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human,
although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly
different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its
10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)
2 large lemons (fr

William

Mar 29, 2005, 7:55:26 PM3/29/05
a smooth consistency, then mix again.
Form the sausage mixture into patties or stuff into natural casings.

Stillborn Stew

By definition, this meat cannot be had altogether fresh,
but have the lifeless unfortunate available immediately after delivery,
or use high quality beef or pork roasts (it is cheaper and better to
cut up a whole roast than to buy stew meat).

1 stillbirth, de-boned and cubed
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 large onions
bell pepper
celery
garlic
½ cup red wine
3 Irish potatoes
2 large carrots

This is a simple classic stew that makes natural gravy,
thus it does not have to be thickened.
Brown the meat quickly in very hot oil, remove and set aside.
Brown the onions, celery, pepper and garlic.
De-glaze with wine, return meat to the pan and season well.
Stew on low fire adding small amounts of water and
seasoning as necessary.
After at least half an hour, add the carrots and potatoes,
and simmer till root vegetables break with a fork.
Cook a fresh pot of long grained white rice.

Pre-mie Pot Pie

When working with prematurely delivered newborns (or chicken) use sherry;
red wine with beef (buy steak or roast, do not pre-boil).

Pie crust (see index)
Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed
Onions, bell pepper, celery
½ cup wine
Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

Make a crust from scratch - or go shamefully to the frozen food section
of your favorite grocery and select 2 high quality pie crusts (you
will need one for the top also).
Boil the prepared delicacy until the meat starts

Siobhan Perricone

Mar 29, 2005, 8:50:42 PM3/29/05
thermometer deep into one of the
baby?s buttocks and cook uncovered till thermometer reads 190°,
about another hour.

Pro-Choice Po-Boy

Soft-shelled crabs serve just as well in this classic southern delicacy.
The sandwich originated in New Orleans, where an abundance of abortion clinics
thrive and hot French bread is always available.

2 cleaned fetuses, head on
2 eggs
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 cup seasoned flour
oil enough for deep frying
1 loaf French bread
Lettuce
tomatoes
mayonnaise, etc.

Marinate the fetuses in the egg-mustard mixture.
Dredge thoroughly in flour.
Fry at 375° until crispy golden brown.
Remove and place on paper towels.

Holiday Youngster

One can easily adapt this recipe to ham, though as presented,
it violates no religious taboos against swine.

1 large toddler or small child, cleaned and de-headed
Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (see index)
1 large can pineapple slices
Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up.
Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like
he?s crawling.
Glaze, then arrange pineapples and secure with cloves.
Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive!
You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies
1 lb. smoked sausage
4 lemons
whole garlic
2 lb. new potatoes
4 ears corn
1 box salt
crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil.
Add sausage, salt, cra

serene

Mar 29, 2005, 10:08:46 PM3/29/05
butts and the beef roast into pieces
that will fit in the grinder.
Run the meat through using a 3/16 grinding plate.
Add garlic, onions and seasoning then mix well.
Add just enough water for a smooth consistency, then mix again.
Form the sausage mixture into patties or stuff into natural casings.

Stillborn Stew

By definition, this meat cannot be had altogether fresh,
but have the lifeless unfortunate available immediately after delivery,
or use high quality beef or pork roasts (it is cheaper and better to
cut up a whole roast than to buy stew meat).

1 stillbirth, de-boned and cubed

ź cup vegetable oil

Pre-mie Pot Pie

Boil the prepared delicacy until the meat starts to come off the bones.
Remove, de-bone and cube; continue to reduce the

Jane

Mar 29, 2005, 8:18:11 PM3/29/05
and cubed
¼ cup vegetable oil

Pre-mie Pot Pie

Remove, de-bone and cube; continue to reduce the broth.
Brown the onions, peppers and celery.
Add the meat then season, continue browning.
De-glaze with sherry, add the reduce

Serene

Apr 1, 2005, 1:45:01 PM4/1/05
Siobhan Perricone <morg...@sover.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:34:34 +0000 (UTC), serene <ser...@serenepages.org>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:23:05 -0800, Siobhan Perricone wrote
> >(in article <cg7g31djbl420q3cj...@4ax.com>):

> >> That's funny, my complaint is always the opposite, in that it's hard for me
> >> to find clothing to fit my monstrous bosom.
> >
> >The perils of not being "average", I suppose.
> >
> >serene (Monstrous? The hell you say. ;-)
>
> Ayup, I'm a Double-I or J cup (depending on who you ask). :)

Them's the kinds of monsters I don't mind finding in my bed.

serene
--
http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
http://www.jhuger.com

Mike Tyo

Apr 1, 2005, 5:01:43 PM4/1/05
"Serene" <ser...@serenepages.org> wrote in message news:1gube7s.nxuwdhbpgg7fN%ser...@serenepages.org...

> Them's the kinds of monsters I don't mind finding in my bed.

I'll second that one!

Mike