Illusions Can Change Reality. Forever.

deanhi...@my-deja.com

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
A public service annoncement from http://www.dsthebook.com:

If you were queen of pleasure,
And I were king of pain,
We'd hunt down love together,
Pluck out his flying-feather,
And teach his feet a measure,
And find his mouth a rein;
If you were queen of pleasure,
And I were king of pain.

-- From "A Match"
by Algernon Charles Swinburne

So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love
Story," by Gary S. Kadet, an author likened to William Burroughs and
Anthony Burgess by the Providence Journal who has been dubbed "The
Plato of The Whip" by the Boston Book Review. "D/s" is a smart,
penetratingly literary take on the realms of alternative sexuality,
BDSM, fetishism and dark taboo newly published by Forge Books. D/s --
for Dominance over submission.

Perry Patetick has wandered into a comfortable unhappiness, living in a
quaint apartment and maintaining a safe and respectable lifestyle with
his live-in fiancée of seven years. But deep within he knows there
should be something more.

After he's fired from the newspaper where he's worked since college as
a journalist, he absent-mindedly stumbles into Cruel and Unusual, an
S&M boutique in downtown Miltown. To his surprise, the beautiful and
sexy sales person hands him an invite to Carn-Evil, an after-hours
party at Ubu Roi. He begins to think he's found what has been missing
from his life.

However, the Dominance and submission dance becomes a consuming
passion, not only for the sexually perverse climate and depravity but
it seems to allow Perry to take control of his life and define it
according to his terms rather than those of the mundane world. Until
one day, the D/s play goes too far, the music stops, the illusions fall
away and Perry is left as the prime suspect in a brutal S&M-style
murder. And Perry learns an enduring lesson: Illusions can change
reality. Forever.

Look for "D/s" at your local bookstore or visit
http://www.dsthebook.com to find out more about what people are saying
about "D/s, or even
http://http://www.wigglefish.com/zine/twentyquestions/kadet/ to pick
the author's brain.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sockermom9

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Deanhightower writes...

>If you were queen of pleasure,
> And I were king of pain,
> We'd hunt down love together,
> Pluck out his flying-feather,
> And teach his feet a measure,
> And find his mouth a rein;
> If you were queen of pleasure,
> And I were king of pain.

...from his deja account where he feels safe.

>So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love
>Story," by Gary S. Kadet

This guy or one of his cronies is probably planning on doing this every few
days. Does it qualify as charter-violation if he does that? Same post, even
if he puts a sock-puppet up to it?

Lynn

New to the world of submission? Check out http://members.aol.com/oldrope/ for
some thoughts for newcomers from those who've been there and decided to stick
around.

Anthony Hilbert

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Sockermom9 writes

>>So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love
>>Story," by Gary S. Kadet
>
>This guy or one of his cronies is probably planning on doing this every few
>days. Does it qualify as charter-violation if he does that? Same post, even
>if he puts a sock-puppet up to it?

I wouldn't mind so much, but from the synopsis, it would be more
accurately described as an Anti-D/s Story. If Shermie could write, it's
the book he would have written.
--
Anthony Hilbert SSBB Diplomatic Corps - North England

"This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look
just like everybody else." - Wednesday Addams

JOHN WARREN

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Sockermom9 <socke...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Deanhightower writes...
>
> >If you were queen of pleasure,
> > And I were king of pain,
> > We'd hunt down love together,
> > Pluck out his flying-feather,
> > And teach his feet a measure,
> > And find his mouth a rein;
> > If you were queen of pleasure,
> > And I were king of pain.
>
> ...from his deja account where he feels safe.
>
> >So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love
> >Story," by Gary S. Kadet
>
> This guy or one of his cronies is probably planning on doing this every
few
> days. Does it qualify as charter-violation if he does that? Same post,
even
> if he puts a sock-puppet up to it?
>
> Lynn

I'd call it a commercial post... and illustrative of the ethics of the man.

--
Diversified Services Books Toys and Videos to the Scene since 1993
www.diversified--services.com (new webpage as of 6/25/00)

adrian...@hotmail.com

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
PurringSub:

>>>So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love
>>>Story," by Gary S. Kadet

Lynn:

>>This guy or one of his cronies is probably planning on doing this every few
>>days. Does it qualify as charter-violation if he does that? Same post, even
>>if he puts a sock-puppet up to it?

PurringSub is not a sock-puppet. She may be stupidly deluded about
her lover's writing, but that doesn't turn her posts into charter-
violations. Love is traditionally blind. I like the general rule
of permitting book reviews of all relevent books, without needing to
know if a reviewer is infatuated with an author.

However, I think the ads posted by Kadet himself and his publicists
were charter-violations, and should be pounced upon.

Anthony:

>I wouldn't mind so much, but from the synopsis, it would be more
>accurately described as an Anti-D/s Story. If Shermie could write, it's
>the book he would have written.

I agree that it's an anti-d/s story, and the author is considerably
more dangerous to bdsmers than Shermie. As far as I know, Shermie
doesn't organize sting operations to get anyone prosecuted for
consensual bdsm.

Adrian
adrian...@hotmail.com
Opportunity knocks once. Temptation leans on the doorbell.

deanhi...@my-deja.com

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Warren's ethics -- or lack thereof -- are detailed in a previous note.
Now, as for your being a sock puppet, I suggest you convince Warren to
use a glove when next he puts you on.

In article <KkF85.7298$cR2.5...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

"JOHN WARREN" <ment...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Sockermom9 <socke...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Deanhightower writes...
> >
> > >If you were queen of pleasure,
> > > And I were king of pain,
> > > We'd hunt down love together,
> > > Pluck out his flying-feather,
> > > And teach his feet a measure,
> > > And find his mouth a rein;
> > > If you were queen of pleasure,
> > > And I were king of pain.
> >
> > ...from his deja account where he feels safe.
> >

> > >So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love
> > >Story," by Gary S. Kadet
> >

> > This guy or one of his cronies is probably planning on doing this
every
> few
> > days. Does it qualify as charter-violation if he does that? Same
post,
> even
> > if he puts a sock-puppet up to it?
> >

> > Lynn
>
> I'd call it a commercial post... and illustrative of the ethics of
the man.

> --
> Diversified Services Books Toys and Videos to the Scene since 1993
> www.diversified--services.com (new webpage as of 6/25/00)

deanhi...@my-deja.com

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00

As usual, Mr. Warren is dead wrong on every front cited in his
malicious, self-serving post to the quite valid, literary public
service announcement that he is attacking.

(I’ll stop here and note how interesting it is that Warren thinks David
Lindsay’s Mercy was kind to the scene – it actually showed the SM
component as dirty, sleazy and quite for profit. Mr. Kadet’s book
portrays the scene quite differently with a balanced and less than
sickly sweet, cozy view.)

Now, we all know that Warren - strictly a small press vanity author of
little note – is himself an on-going spam campaign for his own meager
products and services and to raise his avowed and still unachieved
professional position as a leader in a scene he has barely known
anything about much less practiced within since he crossed over from
LifeStyles less than ten years ago.

We all know that he has never done much of anything that he
amateurishly cribbed of alt.sex.bondage in his laughable catalog guide
for the defunct porn press Masquerade often referred to as "The Lying
Dominant," especially by those who know him best. Many of us saw him
swipe the posts right off ASB, rewrite them and whine about he how he
knew better.

Like his crackling scalp stimulator the violet wand, John has been a
running public joke in the real scene for quite sometime. And for those
of you who don’t know this, let’s drag out a few open secrets and known
facts about this "Mentor."

John Warren routinely lies, creates false resumes, histories, scenarios
– and why not? He has the time. He insinuated himself into the life of
a lonely unattractive woman with capital who blithely pays his bills
and pays the vanities and small presses like Greenery – which is
nowhere near a St. Martins Press, or Tor/Forge in terms of recognized
literary merit.

Warren launched himself in the Boston scene some eight or nine years
ago after literally fleeing New York debt and animus over his
inability to pass himself off there are something he was not. He had
better luck in Boston, but not before inaugurating his career there by
being thrown out the then only Fetish club in town for throwing fits
over how things were run. I witnessed this to some mirth way back when.

Mr. Warren used his benefactor’s capital to acquire a scene BBS – the
Former Fantasy Realization, formerly run by the man who ran the fetish
night that tossed him out – and use its base of users as a captive
market for his pamphlets, workshops and general unknowing conman
Tartuffery. And of course, as a pool of potential new confused women
that he could, uh, Mentor in his own special way, which was also the
reason he was unable to continue teaching English at a nearby community
college. He liked to Mentor the young co-eds just a tad much.

Warren has since tried recruiting avowed submissive women off his BBS
for the purposes of opening a house of dominance in his "Inner
Explorations" business space, which failed and nearly arose in his
arrest, has thrown unsafe "edge" parties in the same space, allowing
needle and scat scenes in a place lacking running water or any safety
oversight except of newbies thrilled to be allowed to do something,
such as wearing a monitor’s banner. This "educational" space has since
been given up – even John’s now-wife’s financial resources have their
limit, if not her patience.

Once again we have a splendid example of the Lying Dominant at work, in
his profound jealousy and, of course, fear.

"After Kadet (Petronius, Gothmuscle) was thrown out of Restraints, the
only local BDSM, club (as opposed to organization), he and Purringsub
joined forces with the local mayor to attempt to close the club. When
the legal challanges failed, a undercover police officer was brought
into the club, witnessed the owner doing a fisting and charged him with
sodomy. Faced with a possible 20 years in prison, the owner closed the
club."

The author – who was never thrown out of this club – but instead had an
unstable woman with him who made a threatening remark to club recruiter
Msugarkane about following her home and getting her address.

Subsequently, the author was asked not to return to the club by e-mail
after alerting people in an AOL chatroom that Restraints – a public
club skirting the terms of a court order like a swing-sex speak-easy –
was actually an unsafe free-for-all where SM was used as a cover for
unprotected sex and open oral sex where condoms, gloves, dental dams
were never being used, much less bleach clean-up or any sterilization
after sex scenes whatsoever. Inexperienced, unsafe play went
unmonitored, the owner suggesting : "Everyone is responsible for
himself – it’s not my business. What can I do?"

Interestingly, the author was immediately upon the e-mail banishment
asked to provide a list of what he thought good precautions should be.
The club summarily posted these rules to be appear responsible but of
course never implemented them. Worse, the club aggressively recruited
new curious people right from the chatrooms and DIRECTLY FROM PUBLIC
MUNCHES (supposed to be a safe introductory gathering for ideas, not
exploitation) – solely for profit -- which of course pricked the
interest of the police who had been trying to close down what was a
patent health and safety hazard. Mr. Warren had been working in concert
with the Restraints owner as a late-comer (getting over a former feud),
also a swinger who had run a swingsex club in a furniture store
basement called Sinners Lounge (also shut down by police) to put
together events and weekends to help line his own pockets – and at 200
dollars a year with a compounded twenty to thirty dollar cover with the
knowledge that as long as you signed some spurious agree, you could do
whatever you wanted to whomever, business was sucked from AOL was
brisk.

After the two rapes, the three cases of infectious disease, including
one of Hepatitis B, and the incompetent bullwhipping scene that caused
a man to intervene to prevent bone damage, certainly something should
have been said. But people were afraid of flaming in a taboo scene by
such minor Tartuffes as John Warren, and they are afraid of not being
given access to parties where they might not get what they seek

Nowhere in any public record is Warren’s libelous assertion backed, but
the undercover cop, recruited – surprise! -- from the Boston Dungeon by
one MSugarKane, a newbie arbiter of the local scene who left that
position almost as soon as she assumed it. William Mahoney, Ramp, was
given a choice to leave or be prosecuted for a number of public
violations. As far as the author and any of his friends befriending a
city Mayor, this is ridiculous since he is far from political and has
not cared to make himself a voice or factor in any scene save as a
candid person speaking to other people one-on-one.

Warren is threatened by this - but then again, what isn’t Warren
threatened by? A kept-gigolo-Dom with a good deal to hide has much to
fear from one who doesn’t.

Of course, malefactors and criminals often work diligently to find
persons to use as scapegoats for their ill acts. And candor in the SM
scene is frowned upon, as so many frauds and abusers depend upon the
hush and the false bonhomie to get away with whatever abuses they
commit.

Mr Kadet, an inventor, respected reporter and critic as well as
novelist has not been sued for libel not because he’s penniless (unlike
Mr. Warren, he seems to be self-sufficient), but because things he says
tend to be factual and fact is a bad basis for a libel suit -- such as
noting that Mr. Warren has been investigated by Boston Police for
selling and facilitating the sale of kiddie porn. This is not to say he
does so, not even in the where-there’s-smoke, there’s-fire-sense. This
is not to say he doesn’t.

What Warren does do is lie and lie unconvincingly. The reviews he
mentions on Amazon of a negative nature placed by his own
"sock-puppets," to use his quaint coinage, have largely been removed by
the site as they were simply patent personal attacks – one that Warren
wrote recognizeably himself as Ted from Arizona calling the book a
"cheap knock off" of his unreadable, vanity published Murder at Roissy
still remains amusing and transparent, as well as his "Pollack" review,
riddled with typos of anger and silly Warrenisms.

As for damaging the Boston scene, the greatest damage has been caused
by irresponisble self-serving predatory petty conmen like Warren who
disinform, misinform, charge people for the privilege and then attempt
to prey on them sexually. Meaning that he is just another full time
regional self-appointed scene-leader with a clearcut agenda.

As for netcops, please attend -- Diversified Services Books Toys and

Videos to the Scene since 1993 www.diversified--services.com (new

webpage as of 6/25/00). This tagline is quite enough of a spam in
itself and more of one than the announcement of a new literary novel
that just happens not to be pornography.

(Lynn -- don't you think you might have Warren put a glove on before
putting you on?)

In article <20000705005542...@ng-da1.aol.com>,

socke...@aol.com (Sockermom9) wrote:
> Deanhightower writes...
>
> >If you were queen of pleasure,
> > And I were king of pain,
> > We'd hunt down love together,
> > Pluck out his flying-feather,
> > And teach his feet a measure,
> > And find his mouth a rein;
> > If you were queen of pleasure,
> > And I were king of pain.
>
> ...from his deja account where he feels safe.
>
> >So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love
> >Story," by Gary S. Kadet
>
> This guy or one of his cronies is probably planning on doing this
every few
> days. Does it qualify as charter-violation if he does that? Same
post, even
> if he puts a sock-puppet up to it?
>
> Lynn
>

> New to the world of submission? Check out
http://members.aol.com/oldrope/ for
> some thoughts for newcomers from those who've been there and decided
to stick
> around.

JOHN WARREN

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
<deanhi...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8jvqsv$hjn$1...@nnrp1.deja.com... to Sockermom

> Warren's ethics -- or lack thereof -- are detailed in a previous note.
> Now, as for your being a sock puppet, I suggest you convince Warren to
> use a glove when next he puts you on.

One thing I love is when someone attacking me self-destructs. Now Sockermom
is my sockpuppet. Ain't I the energetic one. I think she may make more
posts here than I do... and there was the little tiff we had a while back.

I'd advise anyone looking at what seems to be an unprovoked (and some
provoked) attacks to examine the components of the attack. It has been my
experience that people when they don't have any real ammunition tend to dig
down into their own souls in search of things to assert.

Kylara

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Sockermom9 had some very interesting things to say about "Re:
Illusions Can Change Reality. Forever.":

>This guy or one of his cronies is probably planning on doing this every few
>days. Does it qualify as charter-violation if he does that? Same post, even
>if he puts a sock-puppet up to it?

Well, if he hits BI=20, it'll self-correct. Hmmm, anyone got some
influence with someone who runs a cancelbot? :-)

Kylara

--
"Now, I am not a cruel man by nature, but I cannot overestimate
just how mind-bogglingly DUMB your statement was. To fully quantify

Anthony Hilbert

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
adrian_turtle writes

>I agree that it's an anti-d/s story, and the author is considerably
>more dangerous to bdsmers than Shermie. As far as I know, Shermie
>doesn't organize sting operations to get anyone prosecuted for
>consensual bdsm.

Yes, I wrote that before I was aware of the author's interesting
background (and before he had tried to smear John Warren in, of all
places, alt.lifestyle.master-slave).

(Ah, I hadn't yet scrolled down the whole ng: I see he's posted the same
dreck here, word for word. In a.l.m-s he had the brass neck to post it
twice from slightly different names and addresses, as if he thought
nobody would notice. Or maybe he's used so many names, he can't
remember himself who he's supposed to be from one post to the next.)

Let's hope his illusions can't change reality.

l...@netcom.com

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:
a lengthy rant, not only disputing Mentor's allegations, but thoroughly
slandering him from stem to stern.

I searched the web for other accounts of the closing of Restraints.
You can read more detail at http://www.cufsmaine.org/newslett5.htm
Search for the bulletins titled "The Restraints Club Closes Its Doors"
and "Boston BDSM.....The Saga Continues"

Needless to say, it agrees quite closely with Mentor's description of
the events. I welcome you all to read it for yourselves.

Shalon Wood

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Anthony Hilbert <Ant...@hilbert.demon.co.uk> writes:

> (Ah, I hadn't yet scrolled down the whole ng: I see he's posted the same
> dreck here, word for word. In a.l.m-s he had the brass neck to post it
> twice from slightly different names and addresses, as if he thought
> nobody would notice. Or maybe he's used so many names, he can't
> remember himself who he's supposed to be from one post to the next.)

Personally, I hope John sues him into bankruptcy. My understanding of
libel and slander laws indicates that this is clearly actionable,
since it's not presented as opinion and has a malicious
component. OTOH, IANAL. I'd like to hear from someone who is --
Travis? Do you know?

Shalon Wood

--
"The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article, then hire a
hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck his dog and smash his

Anthony Hilbert

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
The spammer known among other things as deanhightower writes

>Warren's ethics -- or lack thereof -- are detailed in a previous note.
>Now, as for your being a sock puppet, I suggest you convince Warren to
>use a glove when next he puts you on.

As a matter of interest, does anyone think this guy believes he's
fooling anyone but himself?

I mean, I suppose there may be one utter newbie somewhere out there in
cyberspace who could believe that Soccermom isn't a real person, but
they wouldn't stay fooled for more than a few days.

Or is he writing for the exclusive entertainment of PurringSub, who I
understand believes in him?

--
Anthony Hilbert SSBB Diplomatic Corps - North England

If you love her, let her go.
If she comes back, she is truly yours.
If she doesn't, drag her back in chains and train her better.

Dennis Novak

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
deanhi...@my-deja.com ranted::

> As usual, Mr. Warren is dead wrong on every front cited in his
> malicious, self-serving post to the quite valid, literary public
> service announcement that he is attacking.

Horseshit.

I can see from your postings what kind of dreck you write, so your supposed
reviews and other bullshit ads are wasted.

Thanks for having saved me the effort of reading your crap.

-Dennis

Philip the Foole

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
> Janet Hardy: Gee, does having your hand in Lynn qualify her as a sock puppet? I've never had my very own sock puppet before.

Can I be your other hand puppet? We could do a "Punch and Judy" show.

Your Humble Jester,

Philip the Foole

It is important for a man's sexual development that he learns what it
feels like to be penetrated. This is the ritual deflowering of the cow
herds by the milk maids ...
- Ancient Kung Foole Proverb by Margaret Morecock

webm...@houstonbdsm.com

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Shalon

As this is a matter that is not a general question, but involves John
and his personal situation, I would, this one time rather not make any
comments concerning the law on the net. I am always (if I know the
answer or something that at least sounds like I am not the dumbest
person around) happy to answer general questions, or give my opinion
about general questions, like I just did on the "non-disclosure"
question. But this is very specific.

I would, however, if he wished,be happy to talk with John, (free
consultation, I cannot represent him as I am not liscened in Mass),
and maybe give whatever small incite or help I can to the situation.

Travis

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:34:40 GMT, "JOHN WARREN"
<ment...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Shalon Wood <ds...@nospam.dummy.pele.cx> wrote in message

>> Anthony Hilbert <Ant...@hilbert.demon.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> > (Ah, I hadn't yet scrolled down the whole ng: I see he's posted the same
>> > dreck here, word for word. In a.l.m-s he had the brass neck to post it
>> > twice from slightly different names and addresses, as if he thought
>> > nobody would notice. Or maybe he's used so many names, he can't
>> > remember himself who he's supposed to be from one post to the next.)
>>
>> Personally, I hope John sues him into bankruptcy. My understanding of
>> libel and slander laws indicates that this is clearly actionable,
>> since it's not presented as opinion and has a malicious
>> component. OTOH, IANAL. I'd like to hear from someone who is --
>> Travis? Do you know?
>>
>> Shalon Wood
>

>Alas, the poor jerk is literally a poor jerk. He hasn't got enough money to
>interest any attorney in a contingency fee arrangement and I'm not about to
>put up the gelt required to get it into court.

Shalon Wood

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
spyr...@aol.com (Spyral Fox) writes:

> When a jerk who's posting book reviews via a sockpuppet to
> increase his own sales shows up and then slanders someone
> like Mentor, I know who I tend to believe -- and the report you
> indicate shows that outside entities agree.
>
> Personally, were I he <him?> I'd be thinking about having a
> lawyer get involed -- the smear post looks to me like it would
> be actionable.

My (limited) understanding of slander and libel law says that it is --
unless, of course, the guy can prove it.

'The rockets go up
and where they come down
is not my concern
says Werner Van Braun'

Wouldn't it be nice if John could get a judgment like Werner did?

Janet Hardy

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00

<deanhi...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Warren's ethics -- or lack thereof -- are detailed in a previous note.
> Now, as for your being a sock puppet, I suggest you convince Warren to
> use a glove when next he puts you on.

Gee, does having your hand in Lynn qualify her as a sock puppet? I've never

had my very own sock puppet before.

Verdant
pleased
www.greenerypress.com

Spyral Fox

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00

Thanks for posting the reference, Lis. I must say that I'm not
surprised. Mentor (John) has been posting to ASB/SSBB
longer than me -- so over 5 or 6 years. His posts have been
consistent in showing a single personality, and lots of people
who post here have met him & said he's much as he presents
himself on-line when seen in the meatworld.

When a jerk who's posting book reviews via a sockpuppet to
increase his own sales shows up and then slanders someone
like Mentor, I know who I tend to believe -- and the report you
indicate shows that outside entities agree.

Personally, were I he <him?> I'd be thinking about having a
lawyer get involed -- the smear post looks to me like it would
be actionable.

- - Spyral Fox
--
... a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves
San Diego Resources: http://members.aol.com/spyralfox/

Xiphias Gladius

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:

> As usual, Mr. Warren is dead wrong on every front cited in his
> malicious, self-serving post to the quite valid, literary public
> service announcement that he is attacking.

Hey, John? You don't mind if I don't bother defending you untill someone
*worthwhile* attacks you, do you? This guy's just not worth the bother.

- Ian
--
Marriage, n: The state or condition of a community consisting of a master,
a mistress, and two slaves, making, in all, two. -- Ambrose Bierce

JOHN WARREN

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
> Anthony Hilbert <Ant...@hilbert.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > (Ah, I hadn't yet scrolled down the whole ng: I see he's posted the same
> > dreck here, word for word. In a.l.m-s he had the brass neck to post it
> > twice from slightly different names and addresses, as if he thought
> > nobody would notice. Or maybe he's used so many names, he can't
> > remember himself who he's supposed to be from one post to the next.)
>
> Personally, I hope John sues him into bankruptcy. My understanding of
> libel and slander laws indicates that this is clearly actionable,
> since it's not presented as opinion and has a malicious
> component. OTOH, IANAL. I'd like to hear from someone who is --
> Travis? Do you know?
>
> Shalon Wood

Alas, the poor jerk is literally a poor jerk. He hasn't got enough money to
interest any attorney in a contingency fee arrangement and I'm not about to
put up the gelt required to get it into court.

Sockermom9

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Verdie writes:

>Gee, does having your hand in Lynn qualify her as a sock puppet? I've never
>had my very own sock puppet before.

Gee, I've finally provided you with a first! It's so often the other way
around!

JOHN WARREN

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Xiphias Gladius <i...@io.com> wrote in message

> deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > As usual, Mr. Warren is dead wrong on every front cited in his
> > malicious, self-serving post to the quite valid, literary public
> > service announcement that he is attacking.
>
> Hey, John? You don't mind if I don't bother defending you untill someone
> *worthwhile* attacks you, do you? This guy's just not worth the bother.

As you know, Ian, Kadet has long practice at painting targets on his shoes
and then blazing away with a psychic six-shooter. If he didn't shoot
himself in the foot almost immediately I'd wonder if I were really him.

webm...@houstonbdsm.com

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
On Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:15:51 GMT, "JOHN WARREN"
<ment...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Xiphias Gladius <i...@io.com> wrote in message
>> deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:
>>

>As you know, Ian, Kadet has long practice at painting targets on his shoes
>and then blazing away with a psychic six-shooter. If he didn't shoot
>himself in the foot almost immediately I'd wonder if I were really him.

actually I did not think you "were him".

nice typo

Travis

Elisabeth Anne Riba

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
:> deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:
:> > As usual, Mr. Warren is dead wrong on every front cited in his

:> > malicious, self-serving post to the quite valid, literary public
:> > service announcement that he is attacking.

JOHN WARREN <ment...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
: As you know, Ian, Kadet has long practice at painting targets on his shoes
: and then blazing away with a psychic six-shooter. If he didn't shoot

: himself in the foot almost immediately I'd wonder if it were really him.

Well, I don't know Kadet, but if this is an example of his fiction
writing, I'd give him high marks on imagination but fail him on
execution.

Unless he had a *REAL* good editor, I feel sorry for the readers of the book.

---------------> Elisabeth Anne Riba * l...@netcom.com <---------------
Marriage, n. The state or condition of a community consisting of a
master, a mistress and two slaves, making in all, two.
Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

Elisabeth Anne Riba

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:
: As for netcops, please attend -- Diversified Services Books Toys and

: Videos to the Scene since 1993 www.diversified--services.com (new
: webpage as of 6/25/00). This tagline is quite enough of a spam in
: itself and more of one than the announcement of a new literary novel
: that just happens not to be pornography.

Funny, but Purringsub made the *same* accusation against Mentor last year
(Message-ID <19990924072634...@ng-ff1.aol.com> )

It's proper netiquette to read a newsgroup and get to know its customs
BEFORE you start posting. Let me quote from the charter (which you can
and should read at http://www.mindspring.com/~frites/charter.htm):

The following types of posts are unacceptable in this group:
<snip>
Commercial Advertisements (posts offering something for sale, directly or
indirectly). (Try alt.sex.erotica.marketplace, alt.sex.wanted,
alt.sex.telephone, alt.bbs.ads, or alt.sex.magazines).
Exception 1: On-topic "commercial" activities of non-profit, charitable
or community action/campaigning organisations are acceptable.
* Exception 2: Commercial .sig line adverts are acceptable if the .sig is
smaller than the original and on-topic section of the body of the post.
interest are acceptable, but response by E-Mail is generally preferable.

Mentor has diligently followed the requirements of the two items I bulletted.

Since your posts have been advertisements for a for-profit enterprise,
not limited to the signature of on-topic post, and were not posted in
response to legitmate questions, they are unacceptable.

Your posts also violate the portion of the charter which prohibits
"Any post (other than posts relating to the operation of the group) which
is repeated more frequently than once per calendar month."
and
"Large crossposts. Messages crossposted to (or duplicated in) more than 5
groups are unacceptable. Routine crossposting to more than 3 groups is
strongly discouraged."

Through DejaNews, I count four posts in SSBB, plus duplicate posts in
THIRTEEN other groups.

Sing with me!
"Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam . . ."

Elisabeth Anne Riba

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
Frites <fri...@address.below> wrote:
: At this point, the spammer has violated both the
: probibition agains commercial ads and the one against
: repeated posts.

The article has also been duplicated into SIXTEEN other newsgroups,
which is also a charter violation.

From DejaNews:
Date Subject Author
alt.amazon-women
07/02 Illusions can change reality deanhightower
alt.bondage
07/05 A public service annoncement PurringSub
alt.gothic
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
alt.lifestyle.master-slave
07/05 Illusions can change reality publicity
07/02 Illusions can change reality publicity
alt.polyamory
07/02 Illusions can change reality publicity
alt.sadistic
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
alt.sex.bondage
07/05 Illusions Can Change Realtiy publicity
07/02 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
alt.sex.bondage.sco.unix
07/05 A public service annoncement PurringSub
alt.sex.erotica
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
alt.sex.femdom
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
alt.sex.stories
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
07/02 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
alt.sex.stories.bondage
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
alt.torture
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
soc.sexuality.spanking
07/02 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity
soc.subculture.bondage-bdsm
07/05 A public service annoncement PurringSub
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality deanhightower
07/02 Illusions can change reality publicity
soc.subculture.bondage-bdsm.femdom
07/05 Illusions Can Change Reality publicity

JOHN WARREN

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
<webm...@houstonbdsm.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:15:51 GMT, "JOHN WARREN"
> <ment...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Xiphias Gladius <i...@io.com> wrote in message
> >> deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:
> >>

> >As you know, Ian, Kadet has long practice at painting targets on his
shoes
> >and then blazing away with a psychic six-shooter. If he didn't shoot
> >himself in the foot almost immediately I'd wonder if I were really him.
>

> actually I did not think you "were him".
>
> nice typo
>
> Travis

[gargle, sputter, gasp!]

I must learn to type slower. Of course I DO like to use the word "I" a lot.

Angel

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00

PurringSub <purri...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
> I think that Ian needs to spend a little more time educating himself
> in legal issues and a little less time stalking and harrassing. His
> blatant lack of regard to privacy and his obsessive behaviour should
> have the entire Boston community afraid.
> Purr >^..^<

*ROFL* Now, that is funnier than ya'll have been able to come up with about
John (no offense, John)!

I think you and your ilk need to get a serious grip....on reality:)

Angel
AMB- Assertive Masochistic Bottom
"Believe me, when I bottom, I want it MY way :)" - Trouble841

~Remove the kitty to email me~

Angel

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00

> slander is one thing.... stalking is quite another
> Purr >^..^<

Yawn....

*not really trying to be flippant, but that was my honest reaction*

The second is *PLONK*

Sherman McCoy

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:

> <snip>

It is hilarious to me that there are actually people in a miniscule,
insignificant lifestyle like BDSM willing to scrap and squabble over
crumbs like who gets to be a spokesperson, or mentor, or the bestest
dominant. It is mind-boggling.

"Oh, to beat a woman is heaven!" Ira Einhorn

Sockermom9

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Phip writes:

>> Janet Hardy: Gee, does having your hand in Lynn qualify her as a sock

>puppet? I've never had my very own sock puppet before.
>

>Can I be your other hand puppet? We could do a "Punch and Judy" show.

I think a proper pivot would hurt her wrists.

Though this image would make a great replacement for the ballerina in a kinky
jewelry box.

PurringSub

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00

Nicole Cloonan

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
PurringSub wrote:

: I think that Ian needs to spend a little more time educating himself

: in legal issues and a little less time stalking and harrassing. His
: blatant lack of regard to privacy and his obsessive behaviour should
: have the entire Boston community afraid.

*snort* *laugh* *cackle* *splutter*

Sorry Ian, I just find the above image quite incongruous with my
mental image of you which (no offense intended) is about as scary
as my Snoopy rattle toy.

Does anyone know how one should remove milk from a keyboard?

Nicole.
--
There are people whose actions cause others to think
"What a nut". I am (apparently) one of these people.

TyMeDwn1st

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) wrote:

>I think that Ian needs to spend a little more time educating himself in legal
>issues and a little less time stalking and harrassing. His blatant lack of
>regard to privacy and his obsessive behaviour should have the entire Boston
>community afraid.

>Purr >^..^<

Interesting what crawls out of the woodwork to defend a sleazeball
self-promoter. Just how many disaffected, slanderous, are hoping to make money
on this book, anyway?

Ty
Who is mostly just
a slightly skewed
Donna Reed

Official Depooty of Sheriff of Nettingham's Charter Enforcers on SSBB
(To reply via email, simply remove my pearls...)

PurringSub

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Personal attacks aside, Ian has done nothing but subscribe me to mailing lists,
circulate petitions about me, and send pages leaving my telephone number as a
return contact. I believe he has a number of problems least of which is some
strange obsession with a person he has yet to meet, yet he thinks he knows all
about. I will not offend you with details, but will provide more than enough
proof to anyone that is truly interested in uncovering the truth.

Someone must realize that his behaviour is not to be toletated.
Purr >^..^<

BLDRNRpdx

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Oo - me next! I wanna be cool enough to have people slander me too! I wanna
have people who don't know a thing about me talk where I came from, what I'm
doing, and why I'm doing it!

Bladerunner
eternal wannabe
(or does this make me a Wannabe Wannabe?)

PurringSub

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00

Elisabeth Anne Riba

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
[posted and e-mailed]

PurringSub <purri...@aol.comnojunk> wrote:
:Personal attacks aside, Ian has done nothing but subscribe me to mailing lists,

:circulate petitions about me, and send pages leaving my telephone number as a
:return contact. I believe he has a number of problems least of which is some
:strange obsession with a person he has yet to meet, yet he thinks he knows all
:about. I will not offend you with details, but will provide more than enough
:proof to anyone that is truly interested in uncovering the truth.

You OBVIOUSLY have the wrong Ian.
I'm his wife, and this thread is the first I've ever *HEARD* of you.
And that's true of Ian, too.

There is more than one Ian in the Boston area; I know of at least three
in the local scene. Whoever you're talking about, my husband ain't him.

If you don't believe me, offend me with the details and I will provide
more than enough to disprove your baseless accusations.

And then, I'd like *you* to publicly retract your comments against him.

Jason Crowell

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
In article <060720002136206708%doc...@mccoy.com>, doc...@mccoy.com did
the hysterical funk dance and says...

> deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > <snip>
>
> It is hilarious to me that there are actually people in a miniscule,
> insignificant lifestyle like BDSM willing to scrap and squabble over
> crumbs like who gets to be a spokesperson, or mentor, or the bestest
> dominant. It is mind-boggling.

It's apparently significant enough for you to spend your time telling
us how insignificant it is.

Spyral Fox

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
In article <20000706222515...@ng-cr1.aol.com>,
purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) writes:

>Personal attacks aside, Ian has done nothing

[...]

(it just seemed like a better place to stop)

You know, they have medication these days that's
very helpful for paranoia.

Anthony Hilbert

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
TyMeDwn1st writes

>Interesting what crawls out of the woodwork to defend a sleazeball
>self-promoter. Just how many disaffected, slanderous, are hoping to make money
>on this book, anyway?

To be fair on Purring, she doesn't appear to be commercially motivated:
as far as one can tell from this distance, she just has the misfortune
to love the guy too much to see what he's like. This naturally leads
her to collaborate in his fantasies.

Of course such people need to be watched, since they are likely to
follow the same dangerous course. (With her current campaign she must
be walking a very narrow line between libel and being charged with
wasting police time.) But they should be regarded as victims rather
than co-conspirators.

Incidentally, with her entry into this thread I imagine we all feel that
the meaning of the header has subtly changed... :-)
--
Anthony Hilbert SSBB Diplomatic Corps - North England

"This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look
just like everybody else." - Wednesday Addams

TyMeDwn1st

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) wrote:

[ ... ]

You know, if this is all true you really should contact your local law
enforcement folks or state attorney's office for help.

As it stands right here and now, you're a stranger with paranoid delusions who
has a really odd tendency to drop into a newsgroup to slander regular posters
without a shred of proof.

Put up or shut up. And then go away.

webm...@houstonbdsm.com

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Knowing nothing at all about the situation, but having read the url
about "cuffs" that was listed in a past post on this subject, It seems
she is confusing "our Ian" with another Boston area Ian that is
referred to over and over in that webpage.

at least that is my assumption.

Travis

deanhi...@my-deja.com

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Since Warren had been -er- convinced to leave Boston (as New York, under
a cloud) and is largely despised in this area as a fool and a fraud and
"Mentor" on the make, the only targets I see painted are just a bit of
D/s on poor Johnny's footstumps.

It was rather bad of Johnny to try to make new submissive women into
ProDomme prostitutes working for him. But that was okay. He couldn't
even make it as a pimp.

I can hear Mr. Kadet snickering somewhere -- as well he might.

In article <RJ295.9567$xL3.7...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

N.M. Wallace

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
On 7 Jul 2000, PurringSub wrote:

> I think that Ian needs to spend a little more time educating himself in legal
> issues and a little less time stalking and harrassing. His blatant lack of
> regard to privacy and his obsessive behaviour should have the entire Boston
> community afraid.

So, if you're being stalked and harrassed, why not call in the police? You
seem to be on such good terms with them...

Darkrose

Nancy M. Wallace @}----- dark...@shore.net

"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
_Memory_, Lois McMaster Bujold

Steven S. Davis

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
TyMeDwn1st (tymed...@aol.comPEARLS) wrote:

: purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) wrote:
:
: [ ... ]
:
: You know, if this is all true you really should contact your local law
: enforcement folks or state attorney's office for help.
:
: As it stands right here and now, you're a stranger with paranoid
: delusions who has a really odd tendency to drop into a newsgroup
: to slander regular posters without a shred of proof.

Nah. They're a pair of Grubors, employing the formula he
he used so long in so many groups of making the most outrageous
accusations again anyone who in any way opposed him or supported
anyone who did, in hopes of hurting his critics and intimidating
other people from criticizing him. The total lack of truth in
the charges means nothing to them. They're just a couple lying...
well, I don't myself want to be guilt of slander (charges in
a forum like this one do seem more like slander than libel to me),
and had I said that PurringSub and partner were just a couple
lying pieces of shit, that comparison would be a grievous slander
upon shit.

The SSB FAQ: http://www.unrealities.com/adult/ssbb/faq.htm
The SSB Charter: http://www.mindspring.com/~frites/charter.htm
The SSB Homepage: http://www.phszx81.demon.co.uk/ssb/
The ASB/SSB Welcome: http://www.mindspring.com/~frites/wel.htm
My homepage: http://links.magenta.com/lmnop/users/sd/sd.html

webm...@houstonbdsm.com

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
well I do not know about the rest of you guys, but I know I sure
respect this person a great deal more after seeing the style and grace
with which she has expressed her apology concerning the confusion in
her posts about "our Ian" and the "Brocktonbicouble Ian".

I wonder if she would be willing to come to Houston to teach a class
in D/S etiquette, style and grace.I know I feel there is much I could
learn.

of course, I went to law school, and while there learned a whole
different theory on apologies after this sort of situation.

Travis

On 08 Jul 2000 03:20:39 GMT, purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub)
wrote:

>Actually Lis, I responded to your comments in an e-mail to you! The IAN I was
>referring to is the IAN in BROCKTONBICOUPLE. I figured I clarified this to you,
>but obviously you are too ignorant to understand.
>
>I will spell it out for you. I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOUR HUSBAND, GET IT? Maybe
>a trip to the eye doctor is in order.
>Purr >^..^<

Sockermom9

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
One of the current crew of bugs wrote:

>It was rather bad of Johnny to try to make new submissive women into
>ProDomme prostitutes working for him. But that was okay. He couldn't
>even make it as a pimp.

It always cracks me up that there are so many writers out there who make their
livings by writing about the scene, but claim to not be involved in the scene.
I especially love the ones who claim to not be part of the scene, write
negatively (or condescendingly) about the scene, and then get bent out of shape
when scene people fail to fall in love with them.

Yes, of course, we're all sex-positive, except that providing sexual services
for money is a bad thing, and providing employment for those who choose to do
so it just as bad.

Sorry, I know too many prodommes to believe that they a) provide sex, b) are
doing against their will, or c) are being abused by any employers they may have
had.

PurringSub

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
As a matter of fact, they have been notified and are investigating the
situation.
Purr >^..^<

Elisabeth Anne Riba

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
webm...@houstonbdsm.com wrote:
: Knowing nothing at all about the situation, but having read the url

: about "cuffs" that was listed in a past post on this subject, It seems
: she is confusing "our Ian" with another Boston area Ian that is
: referred to over and over in that webpage.
: at least that is my assumption.

You assume correctly. Purringsub has privately confirmed that she is
speaking of somebody in another town.

I am still waiting her public apology to our Ian and her retraction of
the charges she made against him in this newsgroup. [As this thread
makes quite clear, in the scene, reputations are paramount. A future
play-partner investigating Ian might see those accusations and misread
them, since they were posted in response to one of his articles.]

Purringsub referred to *MY* post, asking her to prove her charges against
Ian or retract them, as an attack. If I don't see a clarification or
retraction soon, *I* might be looking for some legal advice on the whole
libel issue...

TyMeDwn1st

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub), who is apparently too stupid to quote
from preceding posts, wrote:

And this would be exactly which situation? Your slanderous or libelous
comments about Ian?

:::thinking that if Lis wants contributions for the hiring of an attorney in a
civil suit, neal and I would be happy to send a check:::

PurringSub

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00

TyMeDwn1st

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
[posted and mailed, since Her Cattiness seems not to understand the difference]

purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) wrote:

You've clearly and consistently demonstrated your lack of class and
over-abundance of venom in your posts to SSBB.

Perhaps you've missed one of the major issues here: Lis was NOT the only
person who wanted a clarification from you about your ugly and clueless charges
involving her husband. I too wanted to hear you recant your viciousness, and I
suspect a good many other SSBB'ers did as well. Now that you've shown you're
as witless and crude as we suspected you were, perhaps you'll go crawl back
under your chatroom rock where your temper tantrums are apparently acceptable.

Sockermom9

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Purring sub writes:

>Actually Lis, I responded to your comments in an e-mail to you! The IAN I was
>referring to is the IAN in BROCKTONBICOUPLE. I figured I clarified this to
>you,
>but obviously you are too ignorant to understand.

Or maybe she figured that if you mistakenly accuse someone in a public forum,
you ought to retract that accusation equally publicly, in a sincere effort to
avoid besmirching the name of an innocent person. Or does that matter?

Or do Lis and I get to join the same club, that esteemed group that you call
ignorant or moronic? I can make up some pins, Lis, if you want to wear your
colors out on the town.

Lynn

Jason Crowell

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
In article <8k5nf7$4l8$1...@links.magenta.com>, s...@links.magenta.com did
the hysterical funk dance and says...
> TyMeDwn1st (tymed...@aol.comPEARLS) wrote:
> : purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) wrote:
> :
> : [ ... ]
> :
> : You know, if this is all true you really should contact your local law
> : enforcement folks or state attorney's office for help.
> :
> : As it stands right here and now, you're a stranger with paranoid
> : delusions who has a really odd tendency to drop into a newsgroup
> : to slander regular posters without a shred of proof.
>
> Nah. They're a pair of Grubors, employing the formula he
> he used so long in so many groups of making the most outrageous
> accusations again anyone who in any way opposed him or supported
> anyone who did, in hopes of hurting his critics and intimidating
> other people from criticizing him.

For those members of SSBB that miss that reference:
http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/grubor.html

http://www.yahoo.com/Society_and_Culture/Cultures_and_Groups/Cultures_
and_Groups/Cyberculture/Net_Legends/Grubor__John/

http://kendaco.telebyte.com/dharland/Grubor.FAQ.html

And for some humour:
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/tskirvin/docs/50foot.grubor

Grubor is also the winner of many awards, Kook of the Month, Kook of
the Decade, and Kook of the Century...

Elisabeth Anne Riba

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
PurringSub <purri...@aol.comnojunk> wrote:
: Actually Lis, I responded to your comments in an e-mail to you! The IAN I was

: referring to is the IAN in BROCKTONBICOUPLE. I figured I clarified this to you,
: but obviously you are too ignorant to understand.

Oh, I understood your e-mail quite well, my dear. However, apparently
YOU were too ignorant to understand my reply.

Since you made your accusations in a public forum, you have the
responsibility to retract or refute those charges in the same forum.
A private reply is insufficient.

: I will spell it out for you. I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOUR HUSBAND, GET IT? Maybe

THANK YOU. THAT'S the kind of response I was asking for. A public one.

: a trip to the eye doctor is in order.
For whom?

Jahwar

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
In article <20000707232039...@ng-cu1.aol.com>,

PurringSub <purri...@aol.comnojunk> wrote:
> I will spell it out for you. I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOUR HUSBAND, GET IT? Maybe
> a trip to the eye doctor is in order.
> Purr >^..^<

I nominate this as "most graceless apology" for the year.

Spyral Fox

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
In article <20000708004717...@ng-ch1.aol.com>,
tymed...@aol.comPEARLS (TyMeDwn1st) writes:

>purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) wrote:
>
>>Actually Lis, I responded to your comments in an e-mail to you! The IAN I
>was
>>referring to is the IAN in BROCKTONBICOUPLE. I figured I clarified this to
>>you,
>>but obviously you are too ignorant to understand.
>>

>>I will spell it out for you. I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOUR HUSBAND, GET IT?
>>Maybe
>>a trip to the eye doctor is in order.

[......]

>I too wanted to hear you recant your viciousness, and
>I suspect a good many other SSBB'ers did as well.

Well, I can't speak for anyone but me, but I sure was
waiting to hear her either put up or apologize. I dunno
about the family that raised her, but in my family, the
rules included making a public apology for a public gaffe
and making the apology in a gracious way, including
stating that you were sorry and making some sort of
offer of reparation and/or mentioning some of the things
one has thought about in order to not repeat the error.

For example, she could have posted something like:

"I am very sorry and embarrassed that I confused the Ian
who posts as "Xiphias gladius" with the Ian who posts
as "BROCKTONBICOUPLE." I realize that this sort
of error has besmirched the reputation of someone
who is, to the best of my knowldge, an all-around great
guy. In the future, I will remember this action of mine
and do my best to not repeat it. I will look carefully at
the headers and check Deja or a similar archive before
I start assuming that people who share a single trait,
like, say, a first name, are only one person."

Heck, if she wants to use that as a model, I won't stop her.

Johnslve

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00

>Actually Lis, I responded to your comments in an e-mail to you! The IAN I was
>referring to is the IAN in BROCKTONBICOUPLE. I figured I clarified this to
>you,
>but obviously you are too ignorant to understand.
>
>I will spell it out for you. I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOUR HUSBAND, GET IT?
>Maybe
>a trip to the eye doctor is in order.
>Purr >^..^<

Way to gain credibility!

Steven S. Davis

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Jahwar (jah...@fx3-3-100.mgfairfax.rr.com) wrote:
: In article <20000707232039...@ng-cu1.aol.com>,
: PurringSub <purri...@aol.comnojunk> wrote:
: > I will spell it out for you. I AM NOT REFERRING TO YOUR HUSBAND,
: > GET IT? Maybe a trip to the eye doctor is in order.
: > Purr >^..^<

Perhaps CattySub might benefit from such a trip, if she can
find an eye doctor specializing in removing logs from eyes.

: I nominate this as "most graceless apology" for the year.

Do the rules permit "retractions without apologies" as entries ?

BTW & FWIW, my favorite apology (which I suspect is purely
apocryphal, I have no source for it besides my seventh
grade English teacher, and no idea what the name of the
person purported to have said it was) is in this story:

An English MP made some remarks about another MP. The Speaker
considered these remarks inappropriate and required the
MP to apologize for his remarks (I have no idea if this is
actually within the powers of the Speaker of Parliament).
So he arose and said "It has been said that I accused the
honorable member of being a liar and a thief. This is true,
and I am sorry for it."

Joe Zeff

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
There's a scandalous rumor that deanhi...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Warren's ethics -- or lack thereof -- are detailed in a previous note.
>Now, as for your being a sock puppet, I suggest you convince Warren to
>use a glove when next he puts you on.

And your ethics, sirrah, are amply demonstrated by the statement that
you're posting from deja because you "feel safe." Obviously, you not
only know you're in the wrong, you're too cowardly to stand up and
take the flack you deserve. You come out of nowhere, spam this group
with charter-violating advertisements, malign a well-known regular
member of the group, waste our time either reading or deleting your
spew and expect us to believe you. You are a stupid, immature,
ignorant, unethical, dishonest poltroon and I, for one, would not
mourn for one second if you met your well-deserved end in highly
painful circumstances.

*Plonk!*

--
Joe Zeff
The Guy With the Sideburns

Anthony Hilbert

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
Steven S. Davis writes

>An English MP made some remarks about another MP. The Speaker
>considered these remarks inappropriate and required the
>MP to apologize for his remarks (I have no idea if this is
>actually within the powers of the Speaker of Parliament).

It is, and one of the reasons why Parliamentary insults are such a fine
source of imaginative venom; you aren't allowed to descend to mere
vulgarity.

JOHN WARREN

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
Elisabeth Anne Riba <l...@netcom.com> wrote in message

> webm...@houstonbdsm.com wrote:
> : Knowing nothing at all about the situation, but having read the url
> : about "cuffs" that was listed in a past post on this subject, It seems
> : she is confusing "our Ian" with another Boston area Ian that is
> : referred to over and over in that webpage.
> : at least that is my assumption.
>
> You assume correctly. Purringsub has privately confirmed that she is
> speaking of somebody in another town.
>
> I am still waiting her public apology to our Ian and her retraction of
> the charges she made against him in this newsgroup. [As this thread
> makes quite clear, in the scene, reputations are paramount. A future
> play-partner investigating Ian might see those accusations and misread
> them, since they were posted in response to one of his articles.]
>
> Purringsub referred to *MY* post, asking her to prove her charges against
> Ian or retract them, as an attack. If I don't see a clarification or
> retraction soon, *I* might be looking for some legal advice on the whole
> libel issue...

I understand a group of those that Kadet has attacked are consulting with a
local attorney. If you like I can try to find out the gentleman's name.

Joe Zeff

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
There's a scandalous rumor that s...@links.magenta.com (Steven S. Davis)
wrote:

>An English MP made some remarks about another MP. The Speaker
>considered these remarks inappropriate and required the
>MP to apologize for his remarks (I have no idea if this is
>actually within the powers of the Speaker of Parliament).

>So he arose and said "It has been said that I accused the
>honorable member of being a liar and a thief. This is true,
>and I am sorry for it."

I used something borrowed from this once. A manager at a tire shop
didn't bother to tell me the car I was working on was a rush job; he
just kept harassing me to finish it. Finally, I lost my temper and
called him a fucking son of a bitch. (I later found out he liked
doing things like that.) Called on the carpet and required to
apologize I said, "I'm sorry I told you you're a fucking son of a
bitch." The PHB accepted it!

--
Joe Zeff
The Guy With the Sideburns

The point here is that there are stupid people all over.

suzett...@my-deja.com

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
In article <20000706222515...@ng-cr1.aol.com>,
purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) wrote:
> Personal attacks aside, Ian has done nothing but subscribe me to
mailing lists,
> circulate petitions about me, and send pages leaving my telephone
number as a
> return contact. I believe he has a number of problems least of which
is some
> strange obsession with a person he has yet to meet, yet he thinks he
knows all
> about. I will not offend you with details, but will provide more than
enough
> proof to anyone that is truly interested in uncovering the truth.
>
> Someone must realize that his behaviour is not to be toletated.
> Purr >^..^<

OH MY GOODNESS, YOU MEAN IT ISN'T ME WHO PURRING IS ACCUSING OF ALL OF
THE ABOVE. IT MUST JUST BE HER STANDARD RANT..OH MY OH MY..THE PROBLEM
WITH PUSSINGSUB..SHE THINKS SHE MATTERS MORE THAN SHE DOES IN THE
GREATER SCHEME OF THINGS...WHEN WILL SOMEONE TELL HER SHE IS JUST A
SMALL PIMPLE ON THE A*S OF THE WORLD..AND JUST AS FULL OF AWFUL AS SAID
PIMPLE.
MS.SLEEZ

SilverOz

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00

Trouble with this subject line is that I keep wondering what happened
to the other sock!

SilverOz
- who should get out more

Angel

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00

SilverOz <ze...@zip.com.au> wrote in message

*LOL* Me too! I thought the same thing, just didn't have the guts to post
it:)

Angel
AMB- Assertive Masochistic Bottom
"Believe me, when I bottom, I want it MY way :)" - Trouble841

~Remove the kitty to email me~

Anthony Hilbert

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
SilverOz writes

>Trouble with this subject line is that I keep wondering what happened
>to the other sock!

The blue dragons got it.

--
Anthony Hilbert SSBB DIplimatic Corps: North England

Late of the Hoards of Albion