A public service annoncement from http://www.dsthebook.com

PurringSub

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
If you were queen of pleasure,
And I were king of pain,
We'd hunt down love together,
Pluck out his flying-feather,
And teach his feet a measure,
And find his mouth a rein;
If you were queen of pleasure,
And I were king of pain.

-- From "A Match"
by Algernon Charles Swinburne

So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love Story,"
by Gary S. Kadet, an author likened to William Burroughs and Anthony
Burgess by the Providence Journal who has been dubbed "The Plato of The
Whip" by the Boston Book Review. "D/s" is a smart, penetratingly literary
take on the realms of alternative sexuality, BDSM, fetishism and dark taboo
newly published by Forge Books. D/s -- for Dominance over submission.

Perry Patetick has wandered into a comfortable unhappiness, living in a quaint
apartment and maintaining a safe and respectable lifestyle with his live-in
fiancée of seven years. But deep within he knows there should be something
more.
After he's fired from the newspaper where he's worked since college as a
journalist, he absent-mindedly stumbles into Cruel and Unusual, an S&M
boutique
in downtown Miltown. To his surprise, the beautiful and sexy sales person
hands
him an invite to Carn-Evil, an after-hours party at Ubu Roi. He begins to
think
he's found what has been missing from his life.

However, the Dominance and submission dance becomes a consuming passion, not
only for the sexually perverse climate and depravity but it seems to allow
Perry
to take control of his life and define it according to his terms rather than
those of the mundane world. Until one day, the D/s play goes too far, the
music
stops, the illusions fall away and Perry is left as the prime suspect in a
brutal S&M-style
murder. And Perry learns an enduring lesson: Illusions can change reality.
Forever.

Look for "D/s" at your local bookstore or visit
http://www.dsthebook.com to find out more about what people are saying
about "D/s, or http://http://www.wigglefish.com/zine/twentyquestions/kadet/
to pick the author's brain.
Purr >^..^<

Sockermom9

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Purringsub writes, somehow magically copying word for word the "public service
announcement from dsthebook":

>Look for "D/s" at your local bookstore or visit
>http://www.dsthebook.com to find out more about what people are saying
>about "D/s, or http://http://www.wigglefish.com/zine/twentyquestions/kadet/
>to pick the author's brain.
>Purr >^..^<

Don't look too hard, though. This guy calls us "aberrant", and maintains that
anything we call a "community" must be a farce (which I figure means that it
doesn't voluntarily include him).

You wanna pick this author's brain you need a long beak, and the ability to pee
on your own feet.

Lynn

JOHN WARREN

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
[Purringsub writes some fiction about some fiction]

I strongly recommend that no one purchase this book. Not only isn't it a
good representation of the scene, protraying us all at sick damaged
individuals (in fact the late unlamented "Mercy" was kinder to the scene)
and the writing is childish, but the writer has done serious damage to the
Boston scene.

After Kadet (Petronius, Gothmuscle) was thrown out of Restraints, the only
local BDSM, club (as opposed to organization), he and Purringsub joined
forces with the local mayor to attempt to close the club. When the legal
challanges failed, a undercover police officer was brought into the club,
witnessed the owner doing a fisting and charged him with sodomy. Faced with
a possible 20 years in prison, the owner closed the club.

He has also been active in attacking members of the local scene including
myself whom he has accused of child molestation. Only the fact that he's
almost penniless has prevented a number of libel suits.

In reference to the quality of the writing, I recommend checking the reviews
on Amazon. Some are from sockpuppets (and to sell the books Amazon puts
them first and has been deleting some of the negative reviews) but some of
the honest ones still remain.

--
Diversified Services Books Toys and Videos to the Scene since 1993
www.diversified--services.com (new webpage as of 6/25/00)

Zayphod

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
In article <20000705000444...@ng-fd1.aol.com>,
purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) writes:

yada yada yada snipped

>Look for "D/s" at your local bookstore or visit
>http://www.dsthebook.com to find out more about what people are saying
>about "D/s, or http://http://www.wigglefish.com/zine/twentyquestions/kadet/
>to pick the author's brain.
>Purr >^..^<

Doesn't that last segment make it an ad for the book.

Zayphod at aol dot com
Zayphod at gate dot net

http://members.aol.com/zayphod/ads/ads.html
"I say to you net-abusers, KNOCK OFF ALL THAT SPAM"
--- Something "The Tick" would say, if he were on-line
SSBB Diplomatic Corps: Fort Lauderdale (Netcop)

JOHN WARREN

Jul 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/5/00
Zayphod <zay...@aol.com.com.com> wrote in message

> In article <20000705000444...@ng-fd1.aol.com>,
> purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub) writes:
>
> yada yada yada snipped
>
> >Look for "D/s" at your local bookstore or visit
> >http://www.dsthebook.com to find out more about what people are saying
> >about "D/s, or
http://http://www.wigglefish.com/zine/twentyquestions/kadet/
> >to pick the author's brain.
> >Purr >^..^<
>
> Doesn't that last segment make it an ad for the book.

Actually, since idential messages were posted from
mailto:publ...@dsthebook.com into other newsgroups,I'd say that the whole
thing is an advertisement and since they changed the "sender" for this
newsgroup, I'd also suggest that it pretty much indicates that they knew it
was against the charter.

Joe Zeff

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
There's a scandalous rumor that purri...@aol.comnojunk (PurringSub)
wrote:

>So opens the exciting and disturbing new novel "D/s: An Anti-Love Story,"
>by Gary S. Kadet, an author likened to William Burroughs and Anthony
>Burgess by the Providence Journal who has been dubbed "The Plato of The
>Whip" by the Boston Book Review.

Sock-puppet go down the hooooooooooooooooooooooooooole!
*Plonk!*

--
Joe Zeff
The Guy With the Sideburns

Sockermom9

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Joe writes:

>Sock-puppet go down the hooooooooooooooooooooooooooole!

Keyboard warning, dude! Fucking orange sode all over the monitor, the
keyboard, my new Harry Potter t-shirt. Ah, well, I'll wear it with pride.

Lynn

New to the world of submission? Check out http://members.aol.com/oldrope/ for
some thoughts for newcomers from those who've been there and decided to stick
around.

raewyn

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
On 08 Jul 2000 23:01:54 GMT, socke...@aol.com (Sockermom9) wrote:

>Joe writes:
>
>>Sock-puppet go down the hooooooooooooooooooooooooooole!
>
>Keyboard warning, dude! Fucking orange sode all over the monitor, the
>keyboard, my new Harry Potter t-shirt. Ah, well, I'll wear it with pride.
>
>Lynn

Hehe you guys....
I thought you would have learnt by now, keep the drink away lol :-)))

raewyn (who wants to say thanks for the laughs you have brought me
today :-))

aka booski {G}
homepages: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~raewynjh

TyMeDwn1st

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
socke...@aol.com (Sockermom9) wrote:

>Keyboard warning, dude! Fucking orange sode all over the monitor, the
>keyboard, my new Harry Potter t-shirt. Ah, well, I'll wear it with pride.

Harry Potter?? <grin> The FedEx guy brought us *two* pre-ordered copies
today; neal and I figured it was better not to have to take turns with just
one.

Uh, where'd you get the shirt, btw?

Ty
Who is mostly just
a slightly skewed
Donna Reed

Official Depooty of Sheriff of Nettingham's Charter Enforcers on SSBB
(To reply via email, simply remove my pearls...)

Xiphias Gladius

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
TyMeDwn1st <tymed...@aol.compearls> wrote:
> socke...@aol.com (Sockermom9) wrote:

>>Keyboard warning, dude! Fucking orange sode all over the monitor, the
>>keyboard, my new Harry Potter t-shirt. Ah, well, I'll wear it with pride.

> Harry Potter?? <grin> The FedEx guy brought us *two* pre-ordered copies
> today; neal and I figured it was better not to have to take turns with just
> one.

Yeah, that's what we *should* have done. Instead, Lis reads a hundred
pages, hands it off to me, I read a hundred pages, hand it back...

> Uh, where'd you get the shirt, btw?

Apparently, Warner Brothers online has a shirt for each house and a fifth
with the Hogwarts seal on it.

- Ian
--
Marriage, n: The state or condition of a community consisting of a master,
a mistress, and two slaves, making, in all, two. -- Ambrose Bierce

Jahwar

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
In article <20000708225904...@ng-mb1.aol.com>,

TyMeDwn1st <tymed...@aol.comPEARLS> wrote:
> Harry Potter?? <grin> The FedEx guy brought us *two* pre-ordered copies
> today; neal and I figured it was better not to have to take turns with just
> one.

The Wash Post had an article today about how FedEx dealt with
"Potter Day". The logistics were formidable.

Laura Antoniou

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
Xiphias Gladius i...@io.com wrote:
<< Apparently, Warner Brothers online has a shirt for each house and a fifth
with the Hogwarts seal on it. >>

Heading to the Warner Brothers store right now.
Laura
who finished it at 2 this morning and sat up until 4 just thinking about it.
Damn, why can't that woman write any faster??

Sockermom9

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
Jahwar writes:

>The Wash Post had an article today about how FedEx dealt with
>"Potter Day". The logistics were formidable.

I can well imagine. This book has over seven hundred pages. My nine-year-old
is considering foining a gym to be able to lift it.

N.M. Wallace

Jul 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/10/00
On 9 Jul 2000, Laura Antoniou wrote:

> Xiphias Gladius i...@io.com wrote:
> << Apparently, Warner Brothers online has a shirt for each house and a fifth
> with the Hogwarts seal on it. >>

Ack! And me with no credit card today!

> Heading to the Warner Brothers store right now.
> Laura
> who finished it at 2 this morning and sat up until 4 just thinking about it.
> Damn, why can't that woman write any faster??

Tell me about it! I finished it and immediately thought, "Okay, where's
the next one?"

Darkrose,

Volunteering to clean J.K. Rowling's house, take care of her kids, and
generally do whatever it takes to get Harry Potter 5 out sooner.

Nancy M. Wallace @}----- dark...@shore.net

"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
_Memory_, Lois McMaster Bujold