Chronology software

Jim

Feb 1, 2012, 12:10:19 AM2/1/12
I see all these messages written in 2009 about the need for chronology
software. I too am in need of such software, but I also need it to go
back to at least 1600 AD. Has there been any progress creating
chronology software since 2009?
Jim

Steve Hayes

Feb 1, 2012, 12:57:01 AM2/1/12
Not that I am aware of, though I would live to see such a thing.

It also depends on what you mean by "chronology software" -- are you looking
for something preloaded with a list of events for looking up, or are you
looking for something to use in your own research to enter events and sort
them in chronological order?

If it is the latter you have in mind, see:

http://hayesgreene.blogspot.com/2011/05/event-based-history-and-genealogy.html

http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/370/

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com

Dave

Aug 6, 2012, 2:17:48 PM8/6/12
I've learned to use MS Word (Windows and Apple) to
create a chronology. In addition you can add a
bibliographic citation with the more recent versions.

In tables create a table, one row by two columns.
Slide the divider over to the left so that the date
column is narrower. Enter a date any way you want
mm/dd/yy, dd Month yy, Month Day, Year. Press
tab to go to the next column. Enter the text. Add a
source from your bibliography. Press tab to go to the next
row.

To sort find the little box at the top left of the table and
click it to highlight the table. Under Table Layout find
sort. Select Column 1 under sort by and
Date under type. Click sort. The rows will sort

I use it to create timelines in research projects.

David Wilma
www.DavidWilma.com

in...@soferio.com

Jul 6, 2015, 12:33:15 AM7/6/15
You may be interested in our chronology software (https://www.chronch.com).

While it is primarily directed at litigators, it may suit historical and related researchers.

Cheers.