OT James V Descent for Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax (1907-1995)

Brad Verity

Feb 2, 2014, 4:37:35 AM2/2/14
Diana Mary Caroline Silvertop was born 22 August 1907 in South Kensington, London, and died 6 July 1995 at Throwleigh, Okehampton, Devon. On 25 June 1929 at Kensington, London, she married Basil Charles Trappes-Lomax of Brooke House (born 14 August 1896 at Swynnerton Hall, Staffordshire; died 8 October 1963 at Brook House, Wortham, Suffolk), the second son of Richard Trappes-Lomax and Hon. Alice Fitzherbert. The couple had four children - the firstborn daughter died in infancy, and Diana survived her firstborn son by two years. Her youngest child, John Michael Trappes-Lomax (b. 1947), is an educator and historian and the current head of the family.

Diana's husband was descended from Charles II, and Diana could claim an equally interesting lineage. Her mother was a true lady of the turn-of-the-century British Empire. Dorothy Dalglish was born 1885 at Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia, and died 22 February 1923 at Odzi Drift Estate, Umtali (today called Mutare), Southern Rhodesia (today Zimbabwe), the African farm of her second husband (Diana's stepfather), William Ernest Guinness. Diana's maternal grandfather, James Campsie Dalglish of Goulburn (1843-1888) was of Scottish descent, and a noted surveyor in 19th-century colonial Australia. Her maternal grandmother, Marie Sophie Nicholson de Guerry de Lauret (1852-1919), was the daughter of a French marquis who ended up a farmer in New South Wales. Neither of Diana's maternal grandparents appear to have Edward I descents, so I haven't traced their ancestry back any further, but their lives are fascinating, and exemplify the diversity of immigrants to the land Down Under in its early days.

The Silvertops have apparently become extinct in the male line - they last appear in the 1952 17th Edition of Burke's Landed Gentry - and their former seat in Northumberland, Minsteracres, is now a Catholic retreat centre:
http://www.minsteracres.org/our-environment.htm

But, thanks to intermarriage with leading Catholic gentry families in the 18th & 19th centuries, Diana's father Arthur Silvertop, a commander in the Royal Navy killed at sea during the First World War, has well over a hundred lines of descent from Edward III, including lines from James V of Scotland, and Edward IV & Henry IV of England.

First up is Diana's probable 15-generation line of descent from James V, with links to the most recent individuals in Leo's database also given.

James V of Scotland = Elizabeth Carmichael, and had
1) John Stewart, Lord Darnley, illegit. (c.1531-1563) m. Lady Jean Hepburn (c.1536-1599, descended from Edward III), and had
2) Francis Stewart, 1st Earl of Bothwell (1562-1612) m. Lady Margaret Douglas (c.1553-1640, descended from Edward III), and had
3) John Stewart of Coldingham, 2nd son (d. by 1656) m. Margaret Home, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00286782&tree=LEO
4) Christian Stuart (d. 1684) m. Sir Edward Widdrington, 1st Baronet of Cartington (1614-1671, descended from Edward III), and had
5) Mary Widdrington (1632-1703) m. Sir Edward Charlton, 1st Baronet of Hesleyside (d. 1675, descended from Edward III), and had
6) Elizabeth Charlton m. William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1682, descended from Edward III), and had
7) Edward Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1710) m. Margaret Salkeld (d. 1728, descended from Edward III), and had
8) Anne Charlton (d. 1748) m. Roger Meynell of Kilvington Hall (1673-1735, descended from Edward III), and had
9) Elizabeth Meynell (d. 1768) m. James Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (d. 1761, descended from Edward IV), and had
10) Mary Thornton (1751-1793) m. Thomas Witham of Headlam (1750-1793, descended from Edward III), and had
11) Elizabeth Witham (1778-1847) m. Henry Thomas Silvertop [later Witham] (1779-1844, descended from Edward III), and had
12) Catherine Witham (1801-1857) m. Henry Englefield of Mayfair (1801-1843, descended from Edward III), and had
13) Henry Charles Englefield [later Silvertop] of Minsteracres (1826-1887) m. 2) Caroline Filomena Weld (1844-1925, descended from Henry IV), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00532888&tree=LEO [with 1st wife Hon. Eliza Stonor]
14) Arthur Edward Silvertop of Kensington (1877-1916) m. Dorothy Dalglish (1885-1923), and had
15) Diana Mary Caroline Silvertop (1907-1995) m. Basil Trappes-Lomax of Brooke House

Diana's three lines of descent from Edward IV's bastard daughter Margaret, Lady Lumley, will be laid out in the next post.

Cheers, -----Brad

Brad Verity

Feb 2, 2014, 1:24:37 PM2/2/14
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:37:35 AM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> Diana's three lines of descent from Edward IV's bastard daughter Margaret, Lady Lumley, will be laid out in the next post.

Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax's royal descents are through her father. He was Arthur Edward Silvertop of Kensington, born 29 November 1877 at South Kensington, London, and killed in the Nortb Sea 31 May 1916. He married 8 November 1905 at Brompton Oratory, South Kensington, Dorothy Dalglish, and they had a son and two daughters. Diana was their firstborn.

Diana's father is No. 9241 in the Clarence volume of Ruvigny's Plantagenet Roll series, p. 319: "3c. Arthur Edward Silvertop, b. 29 Nov. 1877". Ironically, Basil Trappes-Lomax, Diana's future husband, is No. 9202, and appears on the previous page (318) of the volume: "2e. Basil Charles Trappes-Lomax, b. 14 Aug. 1896":
https://archive.org/stream/plantagenetrollo00ruvi#page/318/mode/2up

The Clarence volume was published in 1905, two years before Diana's birth. She has several lines of descent from George, Duke of Clarence, which will be laid out in a later post. First, here are her three lines of descent from Margaret, Lady Lumley, the illegitimate daughter of Clarence's older brother King Edward IV. Links to the most recent individuals in Leo's database for each line are also included.

Edward IV = (probably) Margaret Fitzlewis, Dame Lucy (1440-1466, descended from Edward I), and had
A1) Margaret [Plantagenet] (b. c.1462) m. Sir Thomas Lumley (c.1462-1503, descended from Edward III), and had
A2) Roger Lumley of Ludworth Tower m. Isabel Ratcliffe (descended from Edward I), and had
A3) Agnes Lumley (d. 1564) m. John Lambton of Lambton Castle (c.1505-1549), and had
A4) Robert Lambton of Lambton Castle (d. 1583) m. Frances Eure (descended from Edward III), and had two daus A5 & B5 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00057898&tree=LEO
A5) Margaret Lambton m. Cuthbert Radcliffe of Blanchland (c.1545-1613, descended from Edward III), and had
A6) Jane Radcliffe (c.1590-aft.1653) m. 1) Nicholas Thornton of Witton Castle (d. 1632, descended from Edward III), and had
A7) Sir Nicholas Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (1611-1647) m. Anne Widdrington (d. aft.1653, descended from Edward III), and had
A8) John Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (1634-aft.1667) m. Mary Tempest (see B7 below), and had
A9) Nicholas Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (d. 1700) m. Anne Swinburne (descended from Edward III), and had
A10) John Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (c.1689-1742) m. Margaret Eyre (b. c.1690, descended from Edward III), and had
A11) James Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (d. 1761) m. Elizabeth Meynell (d. 1768, descended from James V of Scotland), and had
A12) Mary Thornton (1751-1793) m. Thomas Witham of Headlam (1750-1793, descended from Edward III), and had
A13) Elizabeth Witham (1778-1847) m. Henry Thomas Silvertop [later Witham] (1779-1844, descended from Edward III), and had
A14) Catherine Witham (1801-1857) m. Henry Englefield of Mayfair (1801-1843, descended from Edward III), and had
A15) Henry Charles Englefield [later Silvertop] of Minsteracres (1826-1887) m. 2) Caroline Filomena Weld (see C14 below), and had
A16) Arthur Edward Silvertop of Kensington (1877-1916) m. Dorothy Dalglish (1885-1923), and had
A17) Diana Mary Caroline Silvertop (1907-1995) m. Basil Trappes-Lomax of Brooke House

B5) Isabel Lambton (1552-1623) m. Sir Nicholas Tempest, 1st Baronet of Stella (1553-1625), and had a son B6 & a dau C6 (see below)
B6) Sir Thomas Tempest, 2nd Baronet of Stella (c.1580-1641) m. Troth Tempest, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00529310&tree=LEO
B7) Mary Tempest m. John Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (see A8 above)

C6) Isabel Tempest (c.1583-1663) m. Sir Bertram Bulmer of Tursdale (1579-1638, descended from Edward III), and had
C7) Margaret Bulmer m. 1) John Smythe of Embleton (d. 1649, descended from Edward I), and had
C8) Sir Edward Smythe, 1st Baronet of Eshe Hall (1634-1714) m. Mary Lee (1643-1678, descended from Edward III), and had
C9) Sir John Smythe, 3rd Baronet of Eshe Hall (d. 1737) m. Constance Blount (1693-1733, descended from Edward III), and had
C10) Constantia Smythe (1713-1792) m. Marmaduke, 5th Baron Langdale of Holme (d. 1778, descended from Edward III), and had
C11) Hon. Mary Langdale (1752-1841) m. Charles Philip, 17th Baron Stourton (1752-1816, descended from Edward III), and had
C12) Hon. Charlotte Stourton (1782-1864) m. Joseph Weld of Lulworth Castle (1777-1863, descended from Edward III), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628300&tree=LEO
C13) Edward Joseph Weld of Lulworth Castle (1806-1877) m. Ellen Caroline Wrey (1819-1866, descended from Henry IV), and had
C14) Caroline Filomena Weld (1844-1925) m. Henry Charles Silvertop of Minsteracres (see A15 above)

The next post will cover Diana Silvertop's descent from Henry IV.

Cheers, ------Brad

jhigg...@yahoo.com

Feb 3, 2014, 9:20:18 PM2/3/14
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:37:35 AM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:

[snip]

> First up is Diana's probable 15-generation line of descent from James V, with links to the most recent individuals in Leo's database also given.
>

> James V of Scotland = Elizabeth Carmichael, and had
>
> 1) John Stewart, Lord Darnley, illegit. (c.1531-1563) m. Lady Jean Hepburn (c.1536-1599, descended from Edward III), and had
>
> 2) Francis Stewart, 1st Earl of Bothwell (1562-1612) m. Lady Margaret Douglas (c.1553-1640, descended from Edward III), and had
>
> 3) John Stewart of Coldingham, 2nd son (d. by 1656) m. Margaret Home, and had
>
> http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00286782&tree=LEO
>
> 4) Christian Stuart (d. 1684) m. Sir Edward Widdrington, 1st Baronet of Cartington (1614-1671, descended from Edward III), and had
>
> 5) Mary Widdrington (1632-1703) m. Sir Edward Charlton, 1st Baronet of Hesleyside (d. 1675, descended from Edward III), and had
>
> 6) Elizabeth Charlton m. William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1682, descended from Edward III), and had
>
> 7) Edward Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1710) m. Margaret Salkeld (d. 1728, descended from Edward III), and had

The family of Charlton of Hesleyside last appeared in BLG in the 1969 volume (vol. 2 of the 18th edition). There it shows that Sir Edward Charlton, Bt. (gen. 5 above), did have a daughter Elizabeth, but she died unmarried. Also William Charlton (gen. 6 above) who d. 1682) is shown as the brother of the baronet, and as having 3 wives - none of whom is Elizabeth Charlton. The 1969 version appears to match earlier editions of BLG going back to at least 1894. But earlier 19th-century editions of BLG and other Burke's publications appear to have several different versions of this family's pedigree, including some which say that Sir Edward's daughter Elizabeth married her cousin William - and the very brief account of Sir Edward in vol. 2 of the Complete Baronetage does have a footnote which says essentially the same.

Unless there is evidence from other sources (which I can't readily locate), I would rely on the version of the family in the later editions of BLG. This means that Edward Charlton (gen. 7 above) is not descended from Sir Edward the baronet and his wife Mary Widdrington - and thus Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax loses this James V descent.

As to the Edward III descents ascribed to Sir Edward Charlton, Bt. (d. 1675) and his brother William (d. 1682), such a descent is almost certainly not via the male line of the Charlton family. Their father, another William, married twice: 1st to Dorothy, daughter of John Thornton of Netherwitton, Northumberland, and 2nd to Elizabeth, daughter of William Fenwick of Blagdon, Northumberland. There is almost certainly an Edward III descent via the first (Thornton) marriage - through the family of Widdrington - but I haven't yet verified the details. But BLG is unspecific as to which wife was the mother of the two sons, so the descent is only tentative until (and unless) this maternity issue can be resolved in favor of Dorothy Thornton as the mother.

Brad Verity

Feb 3, 2014, 9:33:48 PM2/3/14
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 10:24:37 AM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> The next post will cover Diana Silvertop's descent from Henry IV.

Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax's descent from Henry IV comes to her through her paternal grandmother, the second wife of Henry Silvertop of Minsteracres. Leo has this Henry in his database, with no dates or ancestry (and his first wife only), here:
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00532888&tree=LEO

Henry Charles Englefield was born 12 October 1826 at Paris, France, and died 3 December 1887 in South Kensington, London. He assumed the surname of 'Silvertop' in place of 'Englefield', by Royal licence in 1849, after he had inherited Minsteracres and other estates of the Silvertop & Witham families, his maternal relations. He married 1st 24 August 1852 at Stonor Park, Oxfordshire, Hon. Eliza Stonor (died 24 July 1860), and had issue. He married 2nd 21 August 1862 at St James Catholic Church, Spanish Place, Westminster, Caroline Filomena Weld (born 1844 at Winkton House, Christchurch, Hampshire, and died 26 December 1925 at Chelsea, London), and had further issue, including Diana's father.

Following is Diana's 19-generation descent from Henry IV, with a link to the most recent individual in Leo's database.

Henry IV had a son
1) Humphrey of Lancaster, 1st Duke of Gloucester (1390-1447) m. 2) Eleanor Cobham (c.1400-1452), and had
2) Antigone of Lancaster, illegit. (b. c.1420) m. 1) Henry Gray, 2nd Count of Tancarville (1420-1450, descended from Edward I), and had
3) Richard, 1st Lord Gray of Powis (1436-1466) m. Margaret Audley (c.1441-by1481, descended from Edward III), and had
4) John, 2nd Lord Gray of Powis (1460-1494) m. Lady Anne Herbert (b. c.1460), and had
5) John, 3rd Lord Gray of Powis (c.1485-1504) m. Margaret Dudley (c.1485-by1525, descended from Edward III), and had
6) Edward, 4th Lord Gray of Powis (1503-1551) = Jane Pount (d. 1583), and had
7) Edward Gray of Buildwas Abbey, illegit. (c.1542-1592) m. Chrysogona Gifford (descended from Edward III), and had
8) Chrysogona Gray m. Sir Moreton Briggs, 1st Baronet of Haughton (d. by 1647, descended from Edward I), and had
9) Robert Briggs of Shrewsbury (d. 1701) m. Sarah Moreton (d. 1699), and had
10) Martha Briggs m. 2) Sir John Stonhouse, 2nd Baronet of Radley (c.1639-1700), and had
11) Sir John Stonhouse, 3rd Baronet of Radley (c.1672-1733) m. 1) Mary Mellish (d. 1705), and had
12) Martha Stonhouse (1697-1782) m. Arthur Vansittart of Shottesbrook Park (1691-1760), and had
13) Anne Vansittart (1738-1788) m. Sir Robert Palk, 1st Baronet of Haldon House (1717-1798), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00081921&tree=LEO
14) Anne Palk (1764-1791) m. Sir Bourchier Wrey, 7th Baronet of Trebeigh (1757-1826, descended from Edward III), and had
15) Sir Bourchier Palk Wrey, 8th Baronet of Trebeigh (1788-1879) m. 1) Ellen Caroline O'Brien (1792-1842), and had
16) Ellen Caroline Wrey (1819-1866) m. Edward Joseph Weld of Lulworth Castle (1806-1877, descended from Edward IV), and had
17) Caroline Filomena Weld (1844-1925) m. Henry Charles Silvertop of Minsteracres (1826-1887, descended from Edward IV), and had
18) Arthur Edward Silvertop of Kensington (1877-1916) m. Dorothy Dalglish (1885-1923), and had
19) Diana Mary Caroline Silvertop (1907-1995) m. Basil Trappes-Lomax

Cheers, ----Brad

Brad Verity

Feb 3, 2014, 11:11:57 PM2/3/14
On Monday, February 3, 2014 6:20:18 PM UTC-8, jhigg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Unless there is evidence from other sources (which I can't readily locate), I would rely on the version of the family in the later editions of BLG. This means that Edward Charlton (gen. 7 above) is not descended from Sir Edward the baronet and his wife Mary Widdrington - and thus Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax loses this James V descent.

Dear John,

Many thanks for bringing up this later BLG 1969 pedigree of Charlton of Hesleyside. I used a pedigree from an early (apparently pre-1894) 19th-century edition of BLG, and the account of the Charlton of Hesleyside baronetcy in 'Complete Baronetage' to trace the James V line of descent for Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax.

I agree that this later 20th-century pedigree of Charlton is the accurate one, so, yes, Diana loses the descent from James V that I had posted.

Just to quickly clarify, the James V descent is valid down to:
4) Christian Stuart (d. 1684) m. Sir Edward Widdrington, 1st Baronet of Cartington (1614-1671, descended from Edward III), and had
5) Mary Widdrington (1632-1703) m. Sir Edward Charlton, 1st Baronet of Hesleyside (d. 1675, descended from Edward III), and had
6) Elizabeth Charlton m. William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1682, descended from Edward III), and had

Elizabeth Charlton (generation #6 above) was a daughter of Sir Edward Charlton, Baronet & his wife Mary Widdrington. BUT, Elizabeth died unmarried - she did not marry William Charlton of Hesleyside, or anyone else. Diana Silvertop is not a descendant - Elizabeth Charlton has no descendants.

Though Elizabeth above died unmarried, Sir Edward Charlton, Bart & Mary Widdrington had three other daughters, according to the 1969 Charlton pedigree in BLG:

1) Christine Charlton m. John Talbot of Cartington
2) Mary Charlton m. Ralph Hardwick of Lethbury
3) Catherine Charlton m. Sir Nicholas Sherborn of Stonyhurst Hall

So there are most likely living descendants today of Sir Edward Charlton, Baronet, that do have this James V descent.

> As to the Edward III descents ascribed to Sir Edward Charlton, Bt. (d. 1675) and his brother William (d. 1682), such a descent is almost certainly not via the male line of the Charlton family. Their father, another William, married twice: 1st to Dorothy, daughter of John Thornton of Netherwitton, Northumberland, and 2nd to Elizabeth, daughter of William Fenwick of Blagdon, Northumberland. There is almost certainly an Edward III descent via the first (Thornton) marriage - through the family of Widdrington - but I haven't yet verified the details. But BLG is unspecific as to which wife was the mother of the two sons, so the descent is only tentative until (and unless) this maternity issue can be resolved in favor of Dorothy Thornton as the mother.

John Higgins kindly sent me offlist the Charlton of Hesleyside article from the 1969 BLG, so I was able to adjust my database, and the revised Edward III descents for Diana Silvertop through the Charltons will appear in my final set of posts on her ancestry, which I hope to make later tonight.

Thanks & Cheers, -----Brad

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:18:26 PM2/5/14
Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax has 229 separate lines of descent from Edward III (not counting those thru Edward IV & Henry IV). The lines are laid out below, with links to the most recent individuals in Leo's database for each. Because of the vast number of lines, the post will be spilt into 9 parts.

Edward III had 4 sons A1, 4Z1, 9H1 & 9P1 (see below)
A1) Lionel of Antwerp, Duke of Clarence (1338-1368) m. 1) Elizabeth
Burgh (1332-1363, descended from Edward I), and had
A2) Philippa of Clarence (1355-1377) m. Edmund Mortimer, 3rd Earl of
March (1352-1381), and had a dau A3 & a son 4M3 (see below)
A3) Lady Elizabeth Mortimer (1371-1417) m. 1) Sir Henry 'Hotspur' Percy
(1364-1403), and had a son A4 & a dau 3O4 (see below)
A4) Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland (1394-1455) m. Lady Eleanor Neville (see 4Z3 below), and had 2 sons A5 & G5, & 2 daus NN5 & ZZ5 (see below)
A5) Sir Ralph Percy (1425-1464) m. Eleanor Acton (d. aft.1498), and had a dau A6 & a son C6 (see below)
A6) Margaret Percy m. Ralph Harbottle of Beamish (1453-1504, descended from Edward I), and had a son A7 & a dau B7 (see below)
A7) Sir Guiscard Harbottle of Beamish (1485-1513) m. Jane Willoughby,
and had
A8) Mary Harbottle (1507-1556) m. Sir Edward Fitton of Gawsworth (d.
1548), and had
A9) Margaret Fitton (c.1542-1612) m. John Englefield of Wootton Bassett
(d. 1567), and had
A10) Sir Francis Englefield, 1st Baronet of Wootton Bassett (1562-1651) m. Jane Browne (see 3C11 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00140979&tree=LEO
A11) Anthony Englefield of Whiteknights House (1606-1667) m. Susan Ryley (c.1599-1664), and had
A12) Anthony Englefield of Whiteknights House (1637-1712) m. Alice Stokes, and had
A13) Henry Englefield of Whiteknights House (1670-1720) m. Catherine Poole (1679-1758), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00263880&tree=LEO
A14) Sir Henry Englefield, 6th Baronet of Wootton Bassett (1706-1780) m. 2) Catharine Buck (see 4Y16 below), and had
A15) Sir Henry Charles Englefield, 7th Baronet of Wootton Bassett (1752-1822) = Milborough Allpress (1765-1803), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00263885&tree=LEO
A16) Henry Englefield of Mayfair, illegit. (1801-1843) m. Catherine Witham (see B18 below), and had
A17) Henry Charles Englefield [later Silvertop] of Minsteracres (1826-1887) m. 2) Caroline Filomena Weld (see F19 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00532888&tree=LEO
A18) Arthur Edward Silvertop of Kensington (1877-1916) m. Dorothy Dalglish (1885-1923), and had
A19) Diana Mary Caroline Silvertop (1907-1995) m. Basil Trappes-Lomax

B7) Alice Harbottle m. John Hebborne of Hardwick, and had
B8) Richard Hebborne of Hardwick (d. 1560) m. Anne Metcalfe (d. aft.1561), and had
B9) Margaret Hebborne (d. 1603) m. Humphrey Blakiston of Great Chilton (d. by 1624, descended from Edward I), and had
B10) Anne Blakiston m. Gerard Salvin of Croxdale Hall (see 7T8 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00503951&tree=LEO
B11) Gerard Salvin of Croxdale Hall (d. 1663) m. 2) Mary Bellasis (see II11 below), and had
B12) Margaret Salvin (by1630-1662) m. Francis Appleby of Lartington Hall (1622-1663), and had
B13) Margaret Appleby (c.1652-1672) m. Thomas Maire of Hardwick Hall (see 8R10 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00503947&tree=LEO
B14) Thomas Maire of Lartington Hall (1672-1752) m. Mary Fermor (see O15 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00582099&tree=LEO
B15) Anastasia Maire (1710-1764) m. Sir Henry Lawson, 4th Baronet of Brough Hall (see I17 below), and had
B16) Catherine Lawson (1747-1832) m. John Silvertop of Minsteracres (1748-1801, descended from Edward I), and had
B17) Henry Thomas Silvertop [later Witham] of Lartington Hall (1779-1844) m. Elizabeth Witham (see C16 below), and had
B18) Catherine Witham (1801-1857) m. Henry Englefield of Mayfair (see A16 above)

C6) Sir Henry Percy of Dunstanburgh (d. 1486) m. Constance ----, and had
C7) Margery Percy m. Sir Henry Widdrington of Widdrington Castle (c.1478-1517, descended from Edward I), and had
C8) Sir John Widdrington of Widdrington Castle (1503-1571) m. twice, and had two daus C9 & D9 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00214703&tree=LEO
C9) Martha Widdrington, by 2nd wife (c.1568-aft.1630) m. Thomas Sandford of Askham Hall (1567-1609), and had
C10) John Sandford of Askham Hall (1601-1630) m. Mary Aglionby, and had
C11) Thomas Sandford of Askham Hall (1628-1677) m. Elizabeth Orfeur (see 4G12 below), and had
C12) John Sandford of Collierley (1653-1717) m. Mary Emerson, and had
C13) Elizabeth Sandford (1683-1724) m. Anthony Meaburne of Pontop Hall (d. 1733), and had
C14) Catherine Meaburne (1715-1803) m. Henry Witham of Cliffe Hall (see J17 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116289&tree=LEO
C15) Thomas Witham of Headlam (1750-1793) m. Mary Thornton (see D17 below), and had
C16) Elizabeth Witham (1778-1847) m. Henry Thomas Witham of Lartington Hall (see B17 above)

D9) Dorothy Widdrington, by 1st wife (d. 1583) m. Sir Roger Fenwick of Wallington, and had
D10) Sir William Fenwick of Wallington (d. 1613) m. 2) Margaret Selby (d. 1631), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00089520&tree=LEO
D11) Sir William Fenwick of Meldon (d. 1652) m. 1) Isabel Gray (see MM11 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00315987&tree=LEO
D12) Katherine Fenwick m. 1) Henry Lawson of Brough Hall (see H14 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00315986&tree=LEO [with 2nd husband]
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00529315&tree=LEO [with 1st husband]
D13) Isabella Lawson (c.1643-1725) m. Sir John Swinburne, 1st Baronet of Capheaton (see 3V14 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00529307&tree=LEO
D14) Anne Swinburne m. Nicholas Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (see E13 below), and had
D15) John Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (c.1689-1742) m. Margaret Eyre (see WW14 below), and had
D16) James Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (d. 1761) m. Elizabeth Meynell (see K16 below), and had
D17) Mary Thornton (1751-1793) m. Thomas Witham of Headlam (see C15 above)

E9) Edward Widdrington of Swinburne Castle, by 1st wife (d. 1577) m. Ursula Carnaby (see LL10 below), and had
E10) Sir Henry Widdrington of Widdrington Castle (c.1567-1623) m. Mary Curwen (see JJ11 below), and had a dau E11 & a son F11 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116276&tree=LEO
E11) Anne Widdrington (d. aft.1653) m. Sir Nicholas Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (see 3S13 below), and had
E12) John Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (1634-aft.1667) m. Mary Tempest (see 3R13 below), and had
E13) Nicholas Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (d. 1700) m. Anne Swinburne (see D14 above)

F11) William, 1st Baron Widdrington of Blankney (1610-1651) m. Mary Thorold (d. 1676, descended from Edward I), and had
F12) William, 2nd Baron Widdrington of Blankney (c.1633-1675) m. Elizabeth Bertie (d. 1715, descended from Edward I), and had
F13) William, 3rd Baron Widdrington of Blankney (1656-1695) m. Hon. Alathea Fairfax (see G15 below), and had
F14) Hon. Elizabeth Widdrington (1689-1765) m. Marmaduke, 4th Baron Langdale of Holme (see 3F15 below), and had
F15) Marmaduke, 5th Baron Langdale of Holme (d. 1778) m. Constantia Smythe (see 3Q16 below), and had
F16) Hon. Mary Langdale (1752-1841) m. Charles Philip, 17th Baron Stourton (see L17 below), and had
F17) Hon. Charlotte Stourton (1782-1864) m. Joseph Weld of Lulworth Castle (see V18 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628300&tree=LEO
F18) Edward Joseph Weld of Lulworth Castle (1806-1877) m. Ellen Caroline Wrey (see M19 below), and had
F19) Caroline Filomena Weld (1844-1925) m. Henry Charles Silvertop of Minsteracres (see A17 above)

G5) Henry Percy, 3rd Earl of Northumberland (1421-1461) m. Eleanor Poynings (1428-1484, descended from Edward I), and had a son G6 & 2 daus W6 & Y6 (see below)
G6) Henry Percy, 4th Earl of Northumberland (c.1449-1489) m. Lady Maud Herbert (c.1457-by1487), and had a son G7, & 2 daus L7 & M7 (see below)
G7) Henry Algernon Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland (1478-1527) m. Katherine Spencer (see 8Y5 below), and had
G8) Lady Margaret Percy (c.1495-1540) m. Henry Clifford, 1st Earl of Cumberland (see 3O8 below), and had
G9) Lady Katherine Clifford (1518-1598) m. 1) John, 8th Lord Scrope of Bolton (see W8 below), and had 2 daus G10 & K10 (see below)
G10) Margaret Scrope m. Sir John Constable of Burton Constable (see 6X9 below), and had
G11) Sir Henry Constable of Burton Constable (c.1559-1608) m. Margaret Dormer (1562-1637), and had 2 daus G12 & H12 (see below)
G12) Katherine Constable (c.1578-1626) m. Thomas, 1st Viscount Fairfax of Emly (see HH10 below), and had
G13) Thomas, 2nd Viscount Fairfax of Emly (1596-1641) m. Alathea Howard (see R13 below), and had
G14) Charles, 5th Viscount Fairfax of Emly (1632-1711) m. Abigail Yate (see 6J11 below), and had
G15) Hon. Alathea Fairfax (1657-1694) m. William, 3rd Baron Widdrington of Blankney (see F13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00336883&tree=LEO

H12) Dorothy Constable (1580-1632) m. Roger Lawson of Heton Hall (see 8I11 below), and had
H13) Henry Lawson of Brough Hall (1601-1636) m. Anne Hodgson (see below), and had 2 sons H14 & I14 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272310&tree=LEO
H14) Henry Lawson of Brough Hall (c.1623-1645) m. Katherine Fenwick (see D12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00529314&tree=LEO

I14) Sir John Lawson, 1st Baronet of Brough Hall (1627-1698) m. Katherine Howard (see S14 below), and had
I15) Sir Henry Lawson, 2nd Baronet of Brough Hall (c.1653-1726) m. Elizabeth Knightley (see 5R12 below), and had a son I16 & a dau J16 (see below)
I16) Sir John Lawson, 3rd Baronet of Brough Hall (1686-1739) m. Mary Shelley (see 3N16 below), and had
I17) Sir Henry Lawson, 4th Baronet of Brough Hall (1712-1781) m. Anastasia Maire (see B15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00582097&tree=LEO

J16) Anne Lawson m. William Witham of Cliffe Hall (see T15 below), and had
J17) Henry Witham of Cliffe Hall (1712-1771) m. Catherine Meaburne (see C14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116288&tree=LEO

K10) Elizabeth Scrope (1537-1620) m. Thomas Pudsay of Barforth Hall (see 8M8 below), and had
K11) Winifred Pudsay (1570-1604) m. Thomas Meynell of Kilvington Hall (1564-1653), and had
K12) Anthony Meynell of Kilvington Hall (1592-1669) m. Mary Thwaites (d. 1669, descended from Edward I), and had
K13) Col. Thomas Meynell, Heir of Kilvington Hall (1614-1645) m. Gerard Ireland, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00504423&tree=LEO
K14) Roger Meynell of Kilvington Hall (1640-1683) m. Mary Middleton (see N14 below), and had
K15) Roger Meynell of Kilvington Hall (1673-1735) m. Anne Charlton (see KK15 below), and had
K16) Elizabeth Meynell (d. 1768) m. James Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (see D16 above)

L7) Lady Anne Percy (c.1480-1552) m. William Fitzalan, 11th Earl of Arundel (see 5D6 below), and had
L8) Henry Fitzalan, 12th Earl of Arundel (1512-1580) m. 1) Lady Katherine Grey (see below), and had
L9) Lady Mary Fitzalan (1539-1557) m. Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk (see R10 below), and had
L10) Philip Howard, 13th Earl of Arundel (1557-1595) m. Anne Dacre (see PP10 below), and had
L11) Thomas Howard, 14th Earl of Arundel (1585-1646) m. Lady Alethea Talbot (see SS11 below), and had
L12) Henry Frederick Howard, 15th Earl of Arundel (1608-1652) m. Lady Elizabeth Stuart (see 5G10 below), and had
L13) Henry Howard, 6th Duke of Norfolk (1628-1684) m. 1) Lady Anne Somerset (see QQ13 below), and had
L14) Lord Thomas Howard of Worksop (1656-1689) m. Mary Elizabeth Savile (see U15 below), and had
L15) Philip Howard of Buckenham House (1688-1750) m. 1) Winifred Stonor (see BB15 below), and had
L16) Winifred Howard (1726-1753) m. William, 16th Baron Stourton (see VV15 below), and had
L17) Charles Philip, 17th Baron Stourton (1752-1816) m. Hon. Mary Langdale (see F16 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00215346&tree=LEO

M7) Lady Eleanor Percy (c.1478-1531) m. Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham (see 6Q6 below), and had a son M8, & 2 daus N8 & Q8 (see below)
M8) Henry, 1st Baron Stafford (1501-1563) m. Ursula Pole (see 4M8 below), and had
M9) Dorothy Stafford (1526-1604) m. Sir William Stafford of Chebsey (c.1500-1566), and had
M10) Elizabeth Stafford (c.1546-1599) m. 1) Sir William Drury of Hawstead (see 4B11 below), and had
M11) Elizabeth Drury (1578-1653) m. William Cecil, 2nd Earl of Exeter (see 5O9 below), and had
M12) Lady Anne Cecil (1602-1676) m. Henry Grey, 1st Earl of Stamford (see 5J10 below), and had
M13) Lady Diana Grey (d. 1689) m. Robert Bruce, 1st Earl of Ailesbury (see 5Y11 below), and had
M14) Lady Christiana Bruce (c.1658-1720) m. 1) John Rolle of Bicton House (see 6A13 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00182297&tree=LEO
M15) Diana Rolle m. 2) Sir Bourchier Wrey, 5th Baronet of Trebeigh (see P15 below), and had
M16) Sir Bourchier Wrey, 6th Baronet of Trebeigh (1715-1784) m. 2) Ellen Thresher (see 4F16 below), and had
M17) Sir Bourchier Wrey, 7th Baronet of Trebeigh (1757-1826) m. 1) Anne Palk (see 6K15 below), and had
M18) Sir Bourchier Palk Wrey, 8th Baronet of Trebeigh (1788-1879) m. 1) Ellen Caroline O'Brien (1792-1842), and had
M19) Ellen Caroline Wrey (1819-1866) m. Edward Joseph Weld of Lulworth Castle (see F18 above)

N8) Lady Katherine Stafford (c.1499-1555) m. Ralph Neville, 4th Earl of Westmorland (see 8U7 below), and had a son N9 & a dau P9 (see below)
N9) Henry Neville, 5th Earl of Westmorland (1524-1564) m. 1) Lady Anne Manners (see 4O9 below), and had
N10) Charles Neville, 6th Earl of Westmorland (1542-1601) m. Lady Jane Howard (see Q10 below), and had
N11) Lady Anne Neville m. David Ingleby (see Y10 below), and had
N12) Mary Ingleby (d. 1644) m. Sir Peter Middleton of Stockeld (see FF11 below), and had a son N13 & a dau O13 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008441&tree=LEO
N13) Sir John Middleton of Thrintoft Hall (d. 1654) m. Anne Markham, and had
N14) Mary Middleton (d. 1685) m. Roger Meynell of Kilvington Hall (see K14 above)

O13) Ursula Middleton (c.1615-1669) m. Henry Fermor of Tusmore Park (see 5P10 below), and had
O14) Richard Fermor of Tusmore Park (d. 1685) m. Frances Brooke (see 3M12 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00401927&tree=LEO
O15) Mary Fermor (1673-1735) m. Thomas Maire of Lartington Hall (see B14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00582100&tree=LEO

P9) Lady Margaret Neville (d. 1559) m. Henry Manners, 2nd Earl of Rutland (see 4Q9 below), and had
P10) Lady Elizabeth Manners m. Sir William Courtenay of Powderham Castle (see 5Z9 below), and had
P11) Elizabeth Courtenay (d. aft.1634) m. Sir William Wrey, 1st Baronet of Trebeigh (d. 1636), and had
P12) Sir William Wrey, 2nd Baronet of Trebeigh (c.1601-1645) m. Hon. Elizabeth Chichester (see 9O9 below), and had
P13) Sir Chichester Wrey, 3rd Baronet of Trebeigh (1628-1668) m. Lady Anne Bourchier (see 4T12 below), and had
P14) Sir Bourchier Wrey, 4th Baronet of Trebeigh (c.1653-1696) m. Florence Rolle (see 6B13 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00191785&tree=LEO
P15) Sir Bourchier Wrey, 5th Baronet of Trebeigh (c.1683-1726) m. Diana Rolle (see M15 above)

Q8) Lady Elizabeth Stafford (1497-1558) m. Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk (1473-1554, descended from Edward I), and had
Q9) Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey (1516-1547) m. Lady Frances Vere (1517-1577, descended from Edward I), and had a dau Q10 & a son R10 (see below)
Q10) Lady Jane Howard (1537-1593) m. Charles Neville, 6th Earl of Westmorland (see N10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007933&tree=LEO

R10) Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk (1538-1572) m. three times, and had 2 sons R11 & L10 (see above), and a dau U11 (see below)
R11) Lord William Howard of Naworth Castle, by 2nd wife (see 6D8 below) (1563-1640) m. Elizabeth Dacre (see OO10 below), and had 2 sons R12 & T12 (see below)
R12) Sir Philip Howard, Heir of Naworth Castle (1581-1616) m. Margaret Caryll (b. c.1585), and had a dau R13 & a son S13 (see below)
R13) Alathea Howard (c.1600-1677) m. Thomas, 2nd Viscount Fairfax of Emly (see G13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008129&tree=LEO

S13) Sir William Howard of Naworth Castle (1603-1644) m. Hon. Mary Eure (see CC12 below), and had
S14) Katherine Howard (c.1630-1668) m. Sir John Lawson, 1st Baronet of Brough Hall (see I14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008216&tree=LEO

T12) Sir Francis Howard of Corby Castle (1588-1659) m. 1) Margaret Preston (c.1600-1625, descended from Edward I), and had
T13) Elizabeth Howard m. Edward Standish of Standish Hall (1617-1682, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008229&tree=LEO
T14) Elizabeth Standish (d. by 1688) m. John Witham of Cliffe Hall (see X13 below), and had
T15) William Witham of Cliffe Hall (1678-1723) m. Anne Lawson (see J16 above)

U11) Lady Margaret Howard, by 2nd wife (1562-1591) m. Robert Sackville, 2nd Earl of Dorset (1561-1609, descended from Edward I), and had
U12) Lady Cecily Sackville (d. 1624) m. Sir Henry Compton of Brambletye House (see 6U8 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116581&tree=LEO
U13) Anne Compton (d. by 1656) m. Clement Paston of Binham (see RR12 below), and had 2 daus U14 & V14 (see below)
U14) Mary Paston (c.1645-1710) m. Sir John Savile, 1st Baronet of Copley (see Z14 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00105133&tree=LEO
U15) Mary Elizabeth Savile (1663-1732) m. Lord Thomas Howard of Worksop (see L14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00105134&tree=LEO

V14) Anne Paston (c.1655-1693) m. Sir Rowland Stanley, 2nd Baronet of Hooton (see 6N13 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628469&tree=LEO [incorrectly assigned Dorothy plumpton as mother]
V15) Sir William Stanley, 3rd Baronet of Hooton (1679-1740) m. Catherine Eyre (see XX14 below), and had
V16) Sir John Stanley-Massey-Stanley, 6th Baronet of Hooton (1711-1794) m. Mary Clifton (see YY15 below), and had
V17) Mary Stanley-Massey (1752-1830) m. Thomas Weld of Lulworth Castle (see AA16 below), and had
V18) Joseph Weld of Lulworth Castle (1777-1863) m. Hon. Charlotte Stourton (see F17 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628299&tree=LEO

W6) Lady Elizabeth Percy (b. c.1460) m. Henry, 6th Lord Scrope of Bolton (c.1460-1506, descended from Edward I), and had 2 sons W7 & X7 (see below)
W7) Henry, 7th Lord Scrope of Bolton (c.1480-1533) m. Mabel Dacre (see NN8 below), and had
W8) John, 8th Lord Scrope of Bolton (c.1515-1549) m. Lady Katherine Clifford (see G9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00109102&tree=LEO

X7) John Scrope of Spennithorne (c.1496-1547) m. Phyllis Rokeby (d. 1576), and had
X8) Margaret Scrope (b. c.1522) m. Christopher Wyvill of Constable Burton (see 8A8 below), and had
X9) Sir Marmaduke Wyvill, 1st Baronet of Constable Burton (c.1542-1617) m. Magdalen Danby (see 7U7 below), and had
X10) Christopher Wyvill, Heir of Constable Burton (1562-1614) m. Jane Stapleton (see TT11 below), and had
X11) Sir Marmaduke Wyvill, 2nd Baronet of Constable Burton (d. 1648) m. Isabel Gascoigne (see EE12 below), and had
X12) Grace Wyvill (d. aft.1678) m. George Witham of Cliffe Hall (see GG13 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00638507&tree=LEO
X13) John Witham of Cliffe Hall (1652-aft.1707) m. 1) Elizabeth Standish (see T14 above)

[Continued in Part 2]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:21:02 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 2]

Y6) Lady Margaret Percy (b. c.1447) m. Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorpe Hall (see 6V6 below), and had a son DD7 & 3 daus Y7, HH7 & LL7 (see below)
Y7) Elizabeth Gascoigne (c.1480-1559) m. Sir George Tailboys of South Kyme (1467-1538, descended from Edward I), and had 3 daus Y8, BB8 & CC8 (see below)
Y8) Cecily Tailboys m. 1) Sir William Ingleby of Ripley Castle (1494-1528, descended from Edward I), and had 2 sons Y9 & AA9 (see below)
Y9) Sir William Ingleby of Ripley Castle (1518-1578) m. Anne Mallory (d. 1586), and had a son Y10 & a dau Z10 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00382075&tree=LEO
Y10) David Ingleby m. Lady Anne Neville (see N11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008436&tree=LEO

Z10) Grace Ingleby m. William Byrnand of Knaresborough (c.1537-1582), and had
Z11) Grace Byrnand (c.1563-1635) m. Sir Ralph Babthorpe of Osgodby Hall (see 4W10 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00238719&tree=LEO
Z12) Katherine Babthorpe m. Sir George Palmes of Naburn Hall (see 7P9 below), and had
Z13) Anne Palmes (d. 1653) m. 1) John Savile of Copley Hall (see DD13 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628833&tree=LEO
Z14) Sir John Savile, 1st Baronet of Copley Hall (1640-1680) m. Mary Paston (see U14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00105132&tree=LEO

AA9) John Ingleby of Lawkland Hall (c.1527-1611) m. 1) Anne Clapham, and had
AA10) Thomas Ingleby of Lawkland Hall (d. 1622) m. Alice Lawson (see below), and had
AA11) John Ingleby of Lawkland Hall (c.1595-1648) m. 1) Margaret Towneley (b. 1607), and had
AA12) Isabel Ingleby (d. 1693) m. Richard Sherborn of Stonyhurst Hall (see 3A12 below), and had
AA13) Elizabeth Sherborn m. William Weld of Lulworth Castle (see UU13 below), and had
AA14) Humphrey Weld of Lulworth Castle (c.1677-1722) m. Margaret Simeon (c.1681-1737, descended from Edward I), and had
AA15) Edward Weld of Lulworth Castle (1705-1761) m. Mary Theresa Vaughan (see 3L15 below), and had
AA16) Thomas Weld of Lulworth Castle (1750-1810) m. Mary Stanley-Massey (see V17 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00261794&tree=LEO

BB8) Margaret Tailboys m. Sir George Vernon of Haddon Hall (1508-1565, descended from Edward I), and had
BB9) Dorothy Vernon (c.1545-1584) m. Sir John Manners of Haddon Hall (see 4P9 below), and had
BB10) Grace Manners (d. 1634) m. Sir Francis Fortescue of Salden (c.1563-1624), and had
BB11) Mary Fortescue (d. 1636) m. John Talbot, 10th Earl of Shrewsbury (c.1597-1654, descended from Edward I), and had
BB12) Francis Talbot, 11th Earl of Shrewsbury (c.1623-1667) m. 1) Anne Conyers (see 6H13 below), and had
BB13) Lady Mary Talbot (c.1657-1690) m. John Stonor of Stonor Park (see 6I13 below), and had
BB14) Thomas Stonor of Stonor Park (1677-1724) m. 2) Hon. Winifred Roper (see 3D14 below), and had
BB15) Winifred Stonor (1706-1731) m. Philip Howard of Buckenham House (see L15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116511&tree=LEO

CC8) Anne Tailboys m. 1) Sir Edward Dymoke of Scrivelsby (by1508-1567, descended from Edward I), and had
CC9) Margaret Dymoke (d. 1591) m. William, 2nd Baron Eure (see 3P10 below), and had
CC10) Ralph, 3rd Baron Eure (1558-1617) m. Mary Dawnay (see 7O9 below), and had
CC11) William, 4th Baron Eure (1579-1646) m. Lucy Noel (c.1581-1616, descended from Edward I), and had
CC12) Hon. Mary Eure (1602-1638) m. Sir William Howard of Naworth Castle (see S13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008528&tree=LEO

DD7) Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorpe Hall (1468-1551) m. 1) Alice Frognall, and had 2 sons DD8 & EE8 & a dau FF8 (see below)
DD8) Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorpe Hall (c.1488-1556) m. 1) Margaret Fitzwilliam (see 5H6 below), and had
DD9) Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorpe Hall m. Beatrice Tempest, and had
DD10) Margaret Gascoigne (d. 1593) m. Sir Thomas Wentworth of Wentworth-Woodhouse (d. 1587, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00113995&tree=LEO
DD11) Margaret Wentworth (d. 1614) m. Michael Darcy, Heir of Aston Hall (see 8E10 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00386991&tree=LEO
DD12) Anne Darcy (c.1580-1640) m. Henry Savile of Copley Hall (1578-1632), and had
DD13) John Savile of Copley Hall (1604-1644) m. Anne Palmes (see Z13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628832&tree=LEO

EE8) Sir Henry Gascoigne of Sedbury Hall (c.1495-bef.1543) m. Elizabeth Boynton (c.1500-1545, descended from Edward I), and had
EE9) Sir Henry Gascoigne of Sedbury Hall (c.1518-1558) m. Margaret Cholmley (d. 1570, descended from Edward I), and had
EE10) Richard Gascoigne of Sedbury Hall (c.1540-1605) m. Jane Norton (see 7R7 below), and had
EE11) Sir William Gascoigne of Sedbury Hall (c.1568-1643) m. Barbara Anderson (b. 1573), and had
EE12) Isabel Gascoigne (b. 1595) m. Sir Marmaduke Wyvill, 2nd Baronet of Constable Burton (see X11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00434380&tree=LEO

FF8) Margaret Gascoigne m. Thomas Middleton, Heir of Stockeld (see 4C8 below), and had
FF9) John Middleton of Stockeld (by1522-1565) m. Isabel Middleton, and had a son FF10 & a dau GG10 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00622908&tree=LEO
FF10) William Middleton of Stockeld (d. 1614) m. 1) Mary Eltofts (descended from Edward I), and had
FF11) Sir Peter Middleton of Stockeld (d. 1645) m. Mary Ingleby (see N12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008442&tree=LEO

GG10) Anne Middleton (d. aft.1621) m. Anthony Witham of Cliffe Hall (d. 1604), and had
GG11) John Witham of Cliffe Hall (c.1581-1656) m. 1) Dorothy Wycliffe (see 3T12 below), and had
GG12) William Witham, Heir of Cliffe Hall (d. 1642) m. Anne Collingwood (see 3U12 below), and had
GG13) George Witham of Cliffe Hall (c.1629-1703) m. Grace Wyvill (see X12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00638506&tree=LEO

HH7) Anne Gascoigne (b. c.1482) m. Sir Thomas Fairfax of Gilling Castle (c.1476-1520), and had
HH8) Sir Nicholas Fairfax of Gilling Castle (1498-1571) m. 1) Jane Palmes, and had a son HH9 & 2 daus II9 & JJ9 (see below)
HH9) Sir William Fairfax of Gilling Castle (by1531-1597) m. 2) Jane Stapleton (descended from Edward I), and had
HH10) Thomas, 1st Viscount Fairfax of Emly (1577-1636) m. 1) Katherine Constable (see G12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00232137&tree=LEO

II9) Margaret Fairfax m. Sir William Bellasis of Newburgh Priory (1523-1604), and had
II10) Brian Bellasis of Morton House (1559-1608) m. Margaret Lee, and had
!!11) Mary Bellasis (d. 1678) m. Gerard Salvin of Croxdale Hall (see B11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00503943&tree=LEO

JJ9) Mary Fairfax m. Sir Henry Curwen of Workington (1528-1596), and had
JJ10) Sir Nicholas Curwen of Workington (1550-1604) m. twice, and had 2 daus JJ11 & KK11 (see below)
JJ11) Mary Curwen, by 2nd wife (1588-1622) m. Sir Henry Widdrington of Widdrington Castle (see E10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116277&tree=LEO

KK11) Margaret Curwen, by 1st wife (see 3X10 below) m. Sir Thomas Strickland of Sizergh Castle (see 6Y10 below), and had
KK12) Walter Strickland of Nateby (c.1605-aft.1670) m. Anne Crofts (d. bef.1680), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00632106&tree=LEO
KK13) Anne Strickland (c.1635-1698) m. Sir Francis Salkeld of Whitehall (see 5C11 below), and had
KK14) Margaret Salkeld (d. 1728) m. Edward Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (see 3Y15 below), and had
KK15) Anne Charlton (d. 1748) m. Roger Meynell of Kilvington Hall (see K15 above)

LL7) Margaret Gascoigne (b. c.1470) m. Ralph, 3rd Lord Ogle (1468-1513, descended from Edward I), and had
LL8) Dorothy Ogle m. twice, and had two daus LL9 & MM9 (see below)
LL9) Dorothy Forster, by 1st husband (d. aft.1565) m. Sir Reginald Carnaby of Halton Castle (d. 1543), and had
LL10) Ursula Carnaby (1541-aft.1600) m. 1) Edward Widdrington of Swinburne Castle (see E9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00500819&tree=LEO

MM9) Isabel Gray, by 2nd husband (see 8H8 below) (d. 1581) m. 1) Sir Ralph Gray of Chillingham Castle (c.1529-1564, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00108577&tree=LEO
MM10) Sir Arthur Gray of Spindleston m. Margaret Bulmer (see 7B9 below), and had
MM11) Isabel Gray (b. 1603) m. Sir William Fenwick of Meldon (see D11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00315988&tree=LEO

NN5) Lady Katherine Percy (1423-1493) m. Edmund Grey, 1st Earl of Kent (see 8S4 below), and had a dau NN6 & a son UU6 (see 4 below)
NN6) Lady Elizabeth Grey (c.1451-1471) m. Sir Robert Greystoke, Heir of Greystoke (see 7V5 below), and had
NN7) Elizabeth, 6th Lady Greystoke (1471-1516) m. Thomas, 2nd Lord Dacre of Gilsland (1467-1525, descended from Edward I), and had 3 daus NN8, SS8 & TT8, & a son OO8 (see below)
NN8) Mabel Dacre m. Henry, 7th Lord Scrope of Bolton (see W7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00109108&tree=LEO

OO8) William, 3rd Lord Dacre of Gilsland (1500-1563) m. Lady Elizabeth Talbot (see 5U6 below), and had a son OO9 & a dau QQ9 (see below)
OO9) Thomas, 4th Lord Dacre of Gilsland (c.1526-1566) m. 2) Elizabeth Leyburn (d. 1567), and had 2 daus OO10 & PP10 (see below)
OO10) Elizabeth Dacre (1564-1639) m. Lord William Howard of Naworth Castle (see R11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007946&tree=LEO

PP10) Anne Dacre (1557-1630) m. Philip Howard, 13th Earl of Arundel (see L10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007942&tree=LEO

QQ9) Magdalen Dacre (1538-1608) m. Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu (see 5I7 below), and had a dau QQ10 & a son RR10 (see below)
QQ10) Hon. Elizabeth Browne (c.1557-1631) m. Robert, 1st Baron Dormer of Wing (1552-1616), and had
QQ11) Sir William Dormer (1586-1616) m. Alice Molyneux (d. 1650), and had
QQ12) Elizabeth Dormer (1614-1635) m. Edward Somerset, 2nd Marquess of Worcester (see 3H11 below), and had
QQ13) Lady Anne Somerset (1631-1662) m. Henry Howard, 6th Duke of Norfolk (see L13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007965&tree=LEO

RR10) Hon. George Browne of Wickhambreaux (d. 1615) m. 2) Mary Tyrwhitt (descended from Edward I), and had
RR11) Mary Browne (c.1590-1656) m. 1) Thomas Paston, Heir of Binham (see 4K11 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628816&tree=LEO
RR12) Clement Paston of Binham (1609-1662) m. 1) Anne Compton (see U13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628834&tree=LEO [as father of Mary]
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628817&tree=LEO [as father of Anne]

SS8) Mary Dacre (d. 1538) m. Francis Talbot, 5th Earl of Shrewsbury (see 5V6 below), and had
SS9) George Talbot, 6th Earl of Shrewsbury (by1528-1590) m. 1) Lady Gertrude Manners (see 4R9 below), and had
SS10) Gilbert Talbot, 7th Earl of Shrewsbury (1552-1616) m. Mary Cavendish (1556-1632, descended from Edward I), and had
SS11) Lady Alethea Talbot (1585-1654) m. Thomas Howard, 14th Earl of Arundel (see L11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007944&tree=LEO

TT8) Anne Dacre (d. 1548) m. Christopher, 2nd Baron Conyers (see 6Z6 below), and had
TT9) Jane Conyers (d. 1558) m. Sir Marmaduke Constable of Everingham (see 4V9 below), and had
TT10) Katherine Constable (c.1556-1579) m. Sir Robert Stapleton of Wighill (1547-1606), and had
TT11) Jane Stapleton (c.1576-1656) m. Christopher Wyvill, Heir of Constable Burton (see X10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00218767&tree=LEO

UU6) George Grey, 2nd Earl of Kent (c.1443-1503) m. 2) Lady Katherine Herbert (c.1468-by1503), and had
UU7) Lady Anne Grey (c.1492-1546) m. John, Baron Hussey of Sleaford (1465-1537), and had
UU8) Elizabeth Hussey (c.1512-1554) m. 2) Sir Robert Throckmorton of Coughton Court (see 6L7 below), and had
UU9) Muriel Throckmorton (d. 1615) m. Sir Thomas Tresham of Rushton Hall (see 6G9 below), and had 3 daus UU10, WW10 & YY10 (see below)
UU10) Frances Tresham (c.1575-bef.1615) m. Edward, 10th Baron Stourton (see ZZ10 below), and had
UU11) William, 11th Baron Stourton (by1594-1672) m. Frances More (see 7M9 below), and had a dau UU12 & a son VV12 (see below)
UU12) Hon. Mary Stourton (d. 1650) m. Sir John Weld of Compton Bassett (c.1614-1674), and had
UU13) William Weld of Lulworth Castle (1650-1698) m. Elizabeth Sherborn (see AA13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00277670&tree=LEO

VV12) Edward Stourton, Heir of Stourton (1617-1644) m. Hon. Mary Petre (see 3E13 below), and had
VV13) William, 12th Baron Stourton (1643-1685) m. Elizabeth Preston (see 5Q12 below), and had
VV14) Hon. Charles Stourton of Buckhorn Weston (1669-1739) m. Catherine Frampton (see 3G14 below), and had
VV15) William, 16th Baron Stourton (1704-1781) m. Winifred Howard (see L16 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00215345&tree=LEO

WW10) Katherine Tresham (1576-1623) m. Sir John Webb of Odstock House (c.1556-1626), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00455876&tree=LEO
WW11) Frances Webb m. Philip Kempe, Heir of Slindon House (c.1600-aft.1634, descended from Edward I), and had
WW12) Katherine Kempe (c.1635-1659) m. Thomas Eyre of Hassop Hall (c.1626-1688, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628823&tree=LEO
WW13) Rowland Eyre of Hassop Hall (1657-1729) m. Lady Elizabeth Plunkett (see 5K12 below), and had 2 daus WW14 & XX14 (see below)
WW14) Margaret Eyre (b. c.1690) m. John Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (see D15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00630402&tree=LEO

XX14) Catherine Eyre (b. c.1685) m. Sir William Stanley, 3rd Baronet of Hooton (see V15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628471&tree=LEO

YY10) Mary Tresham (c.1585-1664) m. Thomas Brudenell, 1st Earl of Cardigan (d. 1663), and had
YY11) Robert Brudenell, 2nd Earl of Cardigan (1607-1703) m. 2) Lady Anne Savage (see 4I12 below), and had
YY12) Francis, Lord Brudenell (1654-1698) m. Lady Frances Savile (see 8B12 below), and had
YY13) Hon. Mary Brudenell (1683-1766) m. Richard, 5th Viscount Molyneux (see 6S13 below), and had
YY14) Hon. Mary Molyneux (1706-1752) m. 1) Thomas Clifton of Lytham Hall (see 3B14 below), and had
YY15) Mary Clifton (1731-1770) m. Sir John Stanley-Massey-Stanley, 6th Baronet of Hooton (see V16 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628473&tree=LEO

[Continued in Part 3]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:24:19 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 3]

ZZ5) Lady Anne Percy (1443-1522) m. 1) Sir Thomas Hungerford of Rowden (c.1442-1469), and had
ZZ6) Mary, Lady Hungeford (1468-1533) m. 1) Edward, 2nd Lord Hastings (see 5T5 below), and had a dau ZZ7 & a son 3H7 (see below)
ZZ7) Anne Hastings (c.1485-1550) m. Thomas Stanley, 2nd Earl of Derby (see F56 below), and had a son ZZ8 & a dau 3C8 (see below)
ZZ8) Edward Stanley, 3rd Earl of Derby (1509-1572) m. 2) Lady Dorothy Howard (c.1514-c.1547, descended from Edward I), and had a dau ZZ9 & a son 3B9 (see below)
ZZ9) Lady Anne Stanley (c.1534-1602) m. 1) Charles, 8th Lord Stourton (c.1522-1557, descended from Edward I), and had a son ZZ10 & a dau 3A10 (see below)
ZZ10) Edward, 10th Baron Stourton (c.1556-1633) m. Frances Tresham (see UU10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00346160&tree=LEO

3A10) Katherine Stourton (d. 1591) m. Sir Richard Sherborn of Stonyhurst Hall (1547-1628, descended from Edward I), and had
3A11) Richard Sherborn of Stonyhurst Hall (1585-1667) m. 2) Elizabeth Walmesley (see 5M10 below), and had
3A12) Richard Sherborn of Stonyhurst Hall (1626-1689) m. Isabel Ingleby (see AA12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00623312&tree=LEO

3B9) Henry Stanley, 4th Earl of Derby (1531-1593) = Joan Halsall of Ormskirk (d. 1585), and had
3B10) Dorothy Stanley (d. 1649) m. Sir Cuthbert Halsall of Halsall Hall (see 4D11 below), and had
3B11) Anne Halsall (1609-1675) m. Thomas Clifton of Westby (1603-1657, descended from Edward I), and had
3B12) John Clifton of Fairsnape (c.1630-1672) m. Isabel Blackburne (d. 1676), and had
3B13) Thomas Clifton of Lytham Hall (d. 1720) m. Eleanor Alathea Walmesley (see 5N12 below), and had
3B14) Thomas Clifton of Lytham Hall (1696-1734) m. Hon. Mary Molyneux (see YY14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00241868&tree=LEO

3C8) Lady Margaret Stanley (c.1512-1534) m. Robert Radcliffe, 1st Earl of Sussex (c.1483-1542, descended from Edward I), and had
3C9) Lady Jane Radcliffe (1532-1552) m. Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu (see 5I7 below), and had
3C10) Hon. Anthony Browne (1552-1592) m. Mary Dormer (c.1553-1637), and had 2 daus 3C11 & 3G11, & a son 3D11 (see below)
3C11) Jane Browne (1575-1650) m. Sir Francis Englefield, 1st Baronet of Wootton Bassett (see A10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00140980&tree=LEO

3D11) Anthony Maria Browne, 2nd Viscount Montagu (1574-1629) m. Lady Jane Sackville (d. 1651, descended from Edward I), and had a son 3D12 & 2 daus 3E12 & 3F12 (see below)
3D12) Francis Browne, 3rd Viscount Montagu (1610-1682) m. Lady Elizabeth Somerset (see 3I11 below), and had
3D13) Hon. Elizabeth Browne m. Christopher Roper, 5th Baron Teynham (see 3K13 below), and had
3D14) Hon. Winifred Roper (d. 1722) m. Thomas Stonor of Stonor Park (see BB14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116514&tree=LEO

3E12) Hon. Mary Browne (c.1604-1685) m. Robert, 3rd Baron Petre (see 3J11 below), and had
3E13) Hon. Mary Petre (c.1622-1672) m. Edward Stourton, Heir of Stourton (see VV12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272132&tree=LEO

3F12) Hon. Frances Browne (d. 1657) m. John Blomer of Hatherop Castle (d. 1638), and had
3F13) Mary Blomer (1634-1709) m. 1) Sir Richard Draycott of Painsley Hall (see 6M12 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00105066&tree=LEO
3F14) Frances Draycott (b. c.1656) m. Marmaduke, 3rd Baron Langdale of Holme (see 3Z15 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272146&tree=LEO
3F15) Marmaduke, 4th Baron Langdale of Holme (d. 1771) m. Hon. Elizabeth Widdrington (see F14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272147&tree=LEO

3G11) Katherine Browne (c.1580-1651) m. John Tregonwell of Milton Abbey (d. 1650), and had
3G12) Katherine Tregonwell (1603-1665) m. William Frampton of Moreton (1607-1643), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628831&tree=LEO
3G13) Richard Frampton of Biddestone (1630-1685) m. Jane Cottington (d. 1711), and had
3G14) Catherine Frampton (c.1675-1736) m. Hon. Charles Stourton of Buckhorn Weston (see VV14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00215352&tree=LEO

3H7) George Hastings, 1st Earl of Huntingdon (1487-1544) m. Lady Anne Stafford (see 6R6 below), and had a son 3H8 & a dau 3N8 (see below)
3H8) Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl of Huntingdon (1514-1560) m. Katherine Pole (see 4N9 below), and had 2 daus 3H9 & 3M9 (see below)
3H9) Lady Elizabeth Hastings (c.1555-1621) m. Edward Somerset, 4th Earl of Worcester (see below), and had a son 3H10, & 2 daus 3J10 & 3L10 (see below)
3H10) Henry Somerset, 1st Marquess of Worcester (1577-1646) m. Anne Russell (c.1577-1639), and had a son 3H11 & a dau 3I11 (see below)
3H11) Edward Somerset, 2nd Marquess of Worcester (c.1602-1667) m. Elizabeth Dormer (see QQ12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00053943&tree=LEO

3I11) Lady Elizabeth Somerset (c.1615-1684) m. Francis Browne, 3rd Viscount Montagu (see 3D12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00058303&tree=LEO

3J10) Lady Katherine Somerset (1575-1624) m. William, 2nd Baron Petre (see 7J8 below), and had a son 3J11 & a dau 3K11 (see below)
3J11) Robert, 3rd Baron Petre (1599-1638) m. Hon. Mary Browne (see 3E12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00058272&tree=LEO

3K11) Hon. Mary Petre (1600-1640) m. John Roper, 3rd Baron Teynham (c.1591-1628, descended from Edward I), and had
3K12) Christopher Roper, 4th Baron Teynham (1621-1673) m. 2) Philadelphia Knollys (1619-1655, descended from Edward I), and had
3K13) Christopher Roper, 5th Baron Teynham (1651-1688) m. Hon. Elizabeth Browne (see 3D13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00058276&tree=LEO

3L10) Lady Frances Somerset (c.1578-by1632) m. William Morgan of Llantarnam Abbey (c.1575-1634), and had
3L11) Elizabeth Morgan (c.1605-aft.1646) m. Sir Philip Jones of Treowen (see 9U10 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628805&tree=LEO
3L12) William Jones of Llanarth Court (d. 1666) m. Mary Anderton (see 5F12 below), and had
3L13) Philip Jones of Llanarth Court (d. 1708) m. Anne Basset, and had
3L14) Elizabeth Jones (1681-1757) m. John Vaughan of Courtfield House (1676-1754), and had
3L15) Mary Theresa Vaughan (1713-1754) m. Edward Weld of Lulworth Court (see AA15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628459&tree=LEO

3M9) Lady Frances Hastings (d. 1574) m. Henry, 1st Baron Compton of Compton (see 6U7 below), and had
3M10) Margaret Compton (d. 1644) m. Henry, 4th Baron Mordaunt of Turvey (see 8F10 below), and had
3M11) Frances Mordaunt m. 2) Sir Basil Brooke of Madeley Court (1576-1646), and had
3M12) Frances Brooke (d. 1719) m. Richard Fermor of Tusmore Park (see O14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00401928&tree=LEO

3N8) Lady Dorothy Hastings (c.1520-1566) m. Sir Richard Devereux of Lamphey (see 4X9 below), and had
3N9) Walter Devereux, 1st Earl of Essex (1539-1576) m. Lettice Knollys (see 8Z8 below), and had
3N10) Lady Dorothy Devereux (c.1564-1619) m. Sir Thomas Perrot of Haroldston (1553-1594, descended from Edward I), and had
3N11) Penelope Perrot (c.1590-1655) m. Sir William Lower of St Winnow (c.1570-1615, descended from Edward I), and had
3N12) Dorothy Lower (1608-1677) m. Sir Maurice Drummond of Westminster (d. 1642), and had
3N13) Henrietta Maria Drummond (d. 1694) m. 1) Robert Middlemore of Edgbaston Hall (c.1624-1652), and had
3N14) Mary Middlemore (d. 1686) m. Sir John Gage, 3rd Baronet of Firle (see 4H13 below), and had
3N15) Mary Gage (d. 1722) m. Sir John Shelley, 3rd Baronet of Michelgrove (see 7L11 below), and had
3N16) Mary Shelley m. Sir John Lawson, 3rd Baronet of Brough Hall (see I16 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00582096&tree=LEO

3O4) Lady Elizabeth Percy (c.1395-1437) m. 1) John, 7th Lord Clifford (1388-1422, descended from Edward I), and had a son 3O5 & a dau 4H5 (see below)
3O5) Thomas, 8th Lord Clifford (1414-1455) m. Joan Dacre (c.1417-c.1452, descended from Edward I), and had a son 3O6 & 3 daus 4A6, 4B6 & 4C6 (see below)
3O6) John, 9th Lord Clifford (1435-1461) m. Margaret Bromflete (c.1436-1493), and had a son 3O7 & a dau 3X7 (see below)
3O7) Henry, 10th Lord Clifford (1454-1523) m. twice & had a mistress, and had a son 3O8, and 2 daus 3P8 & 3W8 (see below)
3O8) Henry Clifford, 1st Earl of Cumberland, by 1st wife (1493-1542) m. 2) Lady Margaret Percy (see G8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00002033&tree=LEO

3P8) Elizabeth Clifford, illegit. by mistress m. 1) Sir Ralph Bowes of Streatlam Castle (by1485-1516), and had a dau 3P9 & a son 3T9 (see below)
3P9) Margery Bowes (b. c.1512) m. Sir Ralph Eure of Foulbridge (see 8K8 below), and had a son 3P10 & a dau 3Q10 (see below)
3P10) William, 2nd Baron Eure (1529-1594) m. 2) Margaret Dymoke (see CC9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00217495&tree=LEO

3Q10) Frances Eure m. Robert Lambton of Lambton Castle (see 8J9 below), and had 2 daus 3Q11 & 3S11 (see below)
3Q11) Isabel Lambton (1552-1623) m. Sir Nicholas Tempest, 1st Baronet of Stella (c.1553-1626, descended from Edward I), and had a dau 3Q12 & a son 3R12 (see below)
3Q12) Isabel Tempest (c.1583-1683) m. Sir Bertram Bulmer of Tursdale (see 7A9 below), and had
3Q13) Margaret Bulmer m. 1) John Smythe of Embleton (d. 1649, descended from Edward I), and had
3Q14) Sir Edward Smythe, 1st Baronet of Eshe Hall (1634-1714) m. Mary Lee (see 4E12 below), and had
3Q15) Sir John Smythe, 3rd Baronet of Eshe Hall (d. 1737) m. Constance Blount (see 5S13 below), and had
3Q16) Constantia Smythe (1713-1792) m. Marmaduke, 5th Baron Langdale of Holme (see F15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00235791&tree=LEO

3R12) Sir Thomas Tempest, 2nd Baronet of Stella (c.1580-1641) m. Troth Tempest, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00529310&tree=LEO
3R13) Mary Tempest m. John Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (see E12 above)

3S11) Margaret Lambton m. Cuthbert Radcliffe of Blanchland (see 3W10 below), and had
3S12) Jane Radcliffe (c.1590-aft.1653) m. 1) Nicholas Thornton of Witton Castle (see 7W10 below), and had
3S13) Sir Nicholas Thornton of Netherwitton Hall (1611-1647) m. Anne Widdrington (see E11 above)

3T9) Sir George Bowes of Streatlam Castle (1516-1546) m. Muriel Eure (see 8L9 below), and had 2 daus 3T10 & 3U10 (see below)
3T10) Elizabeth Bowes m. John Blakiston of Blakiston Hall (1537-1587, descended from Edward I), and had
3T11) Muriel Blakiston m. William Wycliffe of Wycliffe (d. 1611, descended from Edward I), and had
3T12) Dorothy Wycliffe m. John Witham of Cliffe Hall (see GG11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00638523&tree=LEO

3U10) Dorothy Bowes m. Sir Cuthbert Collingwood of Eslington Hall (c.1538-1596), and had a son 3U11 & a dau 3V11 (see below)
3U11) George Collingwood of Eslington Hall (d. 1644) m. Jane Swinburne (b. c.1569), and had
3U12) Anne Collingwood (d. 1671) m. William Witham, Heir of Cliffe Hall (see GG12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00638525&tree=LEO

3V11) Anne Collingwood m. John Swinburne of Edlingham Castle (c.1560-1639), and had
3V12) Margaret Swinburne (by1585-by1617) m. William Swinburne of Capoheaton Hall (c.1575-1653), and had
3V13) John Swinburne of Capheaton Hall (c.1603-1643) m. 3) Anne Blount, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00529308&tree=LEO
3V14) Sir John Swinburne, 1st Baronet of Capheaton (c.1640-1706) m. Isabella Lawson (see D13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00529306&tree=LEO

3W8) Margaret Clifford, illegit. by mistress (c.1496-c.1550) m. Sir Cuthbert Radcliffe, of Dilston Castle (by1491-1545), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00109425&tree=LEO
3W9) Anthony Radcliffe of Blanchland (c.1524-1595) m. 1) Margaret Carnaby, and had
3W10) Cuthbert Radcliffe of Blanchland (c.1545-1613) m. 2) Margaret Lambton (see 3S11 above)

3X7) Elizabeth Clifford (c.1460-bef.1529) m. Sir Robert Aske of Aughton (see 8N6 below), and had 2 daus 3X8 & 3Z8 (see below)
3X8) Agnes Aske (b. c.1496) m. William Ellerker of Ellerker, and had
3X9) Julian Ellerker (d. 1591) m. Sir Simon Musgrave of Edenhall (see 4A8 below), and had a dau 3X10 & a son 3Y10 (see below)
3X10) Anne Musgrave m. Sir Nicholas Curwen of Workington (see JJ10 above), and had a dau KK11 (see above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00632108&tree=LEO

3Y10) Sir Richard Musgrave of Norton Conyers (d. 1617) m. Jane Dalston, and had
3Y11) Thomas Musgrave of Norton Conyers m. Susanna Thwaites, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00466826&tree=LEO
3Y12) Katherine Musgrave (1601-1649) m. Sir Richard Graham, 1st Baronet of Esk (1583-1654), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00276515&tree=LEO
3Y13) Mary Graham m. Sir Edward Musgrave, 1st Baronet of Hayton Castle (d. 1673, descended from Edward I), and had
3Y14) Elizabeth Musgrave m. William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (see 7X11 below), and had
3Y15) Edward Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1710) m. Margaret Salkeld (see KK14 above), and had

3Z8) Julian Aske (c.1490-bef.1530) m. Thomas Portington of Portington (1492-1540), and had
3Z9) Henry Portington of Portington (d. 1560) m. Maud Tyrwhitt (descended from Edward I), and had
3Z10) John Portington of Portington (d. 1579) m. Anne Langton, and had
3Z11) Joan Portington (d. 1608) m. 1) Michael Warton of Beverley Park (d. 1590), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00635921&tree=LEO
3Z12) Anne Warton (1577-1655) m. Peter Langdale of Pighill (1572-1617, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00048210&tree=LEO
3Z13) Marmaduke, 1st Baron Langdale of Holme (1598-1661) m. Lennox Rodes (see 4L12 below), and had
3Z14) Marmaduke, 2nd Baron Langdale of Holme (1628-1703) m. Elizabeth Savage (see 4J13 below), and had
3Z15) Marmaduke, 3rd Baron Langdale of Holme (d. 1718) m. Frances Draycott (see 3F14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272145&tree=LEO

[Continued in Part 4]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:26:40 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 4]

4A6) Joan Clifford (b. c.1438) m. Richard Musgrave of Hartley Castle (c.1431-1491), and had
4A7) Sir Edward Musgrave of Hartley Castle (c.1461-1542) m. 2) Joan Ward (see 6W7 below), and had
4A8) Sir Simon Musgrave of Edenhall (c.1517-1597) m. Julian Ellerker (see 3X9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00125516&tree=LEO

4B6) Elizabeth Clifford (b. 1441) m. 2) William Plumpton, Heir of Plumpton Hall (1436-1461), and had
4B7) Elizabeth Plumpton (1461-1506) m. John Sothill of Stockerston (d. 1494), and had
4B8) Henry Sothill of Stockerston (d. 1506) m. Joan Empson, and had
4B9) Elizabeth Sothill (1505-1575) m. Sir William Drury of Hawstead (by1499-1558, descended from Edward I), and had
4B10) Robert Drury, Heir of Hawstead (1525-1557) m. Audrey Rich, and had
4B11) Sir William Drury of Hawstead (1550-1590) m. Elizabeth Stafford (see M10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00144345&tree=LEO

4C6) Maud Clifford (b. c.1436) m. twice, and had 3 daus 4C7, 4D7 & 4E7, & a son 4G7 (see below)
4C7) Jane Dudley, by 2nd husband (d. 1500) m. Sir William Middleton of Stockeld (d. 1553), and had
4C8) Thomas Middleton, Heir of Stockeld (d. 1549) m. Margaret Gascoigne (see FF8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00622906&tree=LEO

4D7) Elizabeth Harrington, by 1st husband (1456-1515) m. 1) Sir John Stanley of Melling (descended from Edward I), and had
4D8) Jane Stanley m. 1) Sir Thomas Halsall of Halsall Hall (1498-1539, descended from Edward I), and had
4D9) Henry Halsall of Halsall Hall (1521-1574) m. Anne Molyneux (c.1524-1589, descended from Edward I), and had
4D10) Richard Halsall, Heir of Halsall Hall (d. by 1574) = Janet Norreys, and had
4D11) Sir Cuthbert Halsall of Halsall Hall, illegit. (1572-1632) m. Dorothy Stanley (see 3B10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00277650&tree=LEO

4E7) Dorothy Dudley, by 2nd husband (c.1465-1517) m. Richard Wrottesley of Wrottesley Hall (1457-1521), and had a son 4E8 & a dau 4F8 (see below)
4E8) Walter Wrottesley of Wrottesley Hall (d. 1563) m. Isabel Harcourt, and had
4E9) Eleanor Wrottesley (d. 1596) m. Richard Lee of Langley (d. 1591, descended from Edward I), and had
4E10) Sir Humphrey Lee, 1st Baronet of Langley (c.1569-1631) m. Margaret Corbet (descended from Edward I), and had
4E11) Sir Richard Lee, 2nd Baronet of Langley (1600-1660) m. 1) Elizabeth Allen (1602-1643), and had
4E12) Mary Lee (1643-1678) m. Sir Edward Smythe, 1st Baronet of Eshe Hall (see 3Q14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00620084&tree=LEO

4F8) Eleanor Wrottesley (c.1486-1543) m. 2) Sir Henry Long of Draycot Cerne (by1487-1556), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00378903&tree=LEO
4F9) Sir Robert Long of Draycot Cerne (1516-1581) m. Barbara Carne (d. 1607, descended from Edward I), and had
4F10) Sir Walter Long of Wraxhall (1560-1610) m. 1) Mary Pakington (d. by 1594), and had
4F11) John Long of Wraxhall (c.1585-1636) m. Anne Eyre (b. 1590), and had
4F12) John Long of Wraxhall (1616-1652) m. Catherine Paynter, and had
4F13) Anne Long (1657-1705) m. Henry Long of Melksham (1658-1687), and had
4F14) Henry Long of Melksham (1687-1727) m. Ellen Trenchard (see 4U15 below), and had
4F15) Ellen Long (1711-1753) m. John Thresher of Bradford on Avon (1689-1741), and had
4F16) Ellen Thresher (c.1733-1813) m. Sir Bourchier Wrey, 6th Baronet of Trebeigh (see M16 above)

4G7) Thomas Dudley of Yanwath, by 2nd husband, m. Grace Threlkeld, and had
4G8) Richard Dudley of Yanwath (d. 1593) m. Dorothy Sandford, and had
4G9) Edmund Dudley of Yanwath m. Catherine Hutton, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00235700&tree=LEO
4G10) Bridget Dudley m. John Musgrave of Plumpton Park (d. 1618, descended from Edward I), and had
4G11) Bridget Musgrave (b. 1599) m. William Orfeur of High Close (d. aft.1663), and had
4G12) Elizabeth Orfeur (d. 1705) m. Thomas Sandford of Askham Hall (see C11 above)

4H5) Mary Clifford (c.1420-by1458) m. Sir Philip Wentworth of Nettlestead (1424-1464), and had a son 4H6 & a dau 4L6 (see below)
4H6) Sir Henry Wentworth of Nettlestead (1448-1499) m. 1) Anne Say (c.1448-aft.1489), and had
4H7) Elizabeth Wentworth (c.1482-aft.1545) m. Roger Darcy of Maldon (1478-1508, descended from Edward I), and had a son 4H8 & a dau 4K8 (see below)
4H8) Thomas, 1st Baron Darcy of Chiche (1506-1558) m. 2) Lady Elizabeth Vere (descended from Edward I), and had
4H9) John, 2nd Baron Darcy of Chiche (1539-1580) m. Frances Rich, and had
4H10) Thomas Darcy, 1st Earl Rivers (1565-1640) m. Mary Kitson (1566-1644), and had 2 daus 4H11 & 4I11 (see below)
4H11) Lady Penelope Darcy (c.1593-1661) m. 1) Sir John Gage, 1st Baronet of Firle (1589-1633, descended from Edward I), and had
4H12) Sir Thomas Gage, 2nd Baronet of Firle (c.1612-1654) m. Mary Chamberlain (c.1624-1694, descended from Edward I), and had
4H13) Sir John Gage, 3rd Baronet of Firle (c.1642-1699) m. Mary Middlemore (see 3N14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00091885&tree=LEO

4I11) Elizabeth Darcy, Countess Rivers (d. 1651) m. Thomas, 1st Viscount Savage (see 4S11 below), and had a dau 4I12 & a son 4J12 (see below)
4I12) Lady Anne Savage (d. 1696) m. Robert Brudenell, 2nd Earl of Cardigan (see YY11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00021019&tree=LEO

4J12) Hon. Thomas Savage of Beeston Castle (d. 1651) m. Bridget Whitmore (c.1600-aft.1653), and had
4J13) Elizabeth Savage (1625-aft.1685) m. Marmaduke, 2nd Baron Langdale of Holme (see 3Z14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00048196&tree=LEO

4K8) Elizabeth Darcy m. Sir John Leigh of Stockwell (1502-1564, descended from Edward I), and had
4K9) Agnes Leigh m. 1) Sir Thomas Paston of Binham Priory (by1517-1550, descended from Edward I), and had
4K10) Edward Paston of Appleton Hall (1550-1630) m. 2) Margaret Berney (c.1565-1640, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00140981&tree=LEO
4K11) Thomas Paston, Heir of Binham (d. 1622) m. Mary Browne (see RR11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628815&tree=LEO

4L6) Elizabeth Wentworth (c.1457-by1479) m. Sir Martin at See of Barmston Hall (c.1420-1494), and had
4L7) Joan at See (d. 1527) m. Peter Hildyard of Winestead (d. 1502, descended from Edward I), and had
4L8) Katherine Hildyard (d. 1548) m. William Holme of Paull Holme Hall (d. 1524), and had
4L9) John Holme of Paull Holme Hall (d. 1565) m. Anne Aislaby, and had
4L10) Katherine Holme (c.1544-1634) m. Marmaduke Constable of Wassand (d. 1568), and had
4L11) Frances Constable (b. 1568) m. 2) Sir John Rodes of Barlborough Hall (1562-1639), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00377466&tree=LEO
4L12) Lennox Rodes (c.1600-1639) m. Marmaduke, 1st Baron Langdale of Holme (see 3Z13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00048205&tree=LEO

4M3) Roger Mortimer, 4th Earl of March (1374-1398) m. Alianore Holland (1370-1405, descended from Edward I), and had
4M4) Lady Anne Mortimer (1388-1411) m. Richard of York, 3rd Earl of Cambridge (see 9P2 below), and had a son 4M5 & a dau 4X5 (see below)
4M5) Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York (1411-1460) m. Lady Cecily Neville (see 5A3 below), and had a son 4M6 & a dau 4O6 (see below)
4M6) George Plantagenet, 1st Duke of Clarence (1449-1478) m. Lady Isabel Neville (see 5B5 below), and had
4M7) Margaret Plantagenet, Countess of Salisbury (1473-1541) m. Sir Richard Pole of Medmenham (1459-1504), and had a dau 4M8 & a son 4N8 (see below)
4M8) Ursula Pole (c.1498-1570) m. Henry, 1st Baron Stafford (see M8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00187955&tree=LEO

4N8) Henry Pole, Lord Montagu (1492-1539) m. Jane Neville (see 5E7 below), and had
4N9) Katherine Pole (c.1516-1576) m. Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl of Huntingdon (see 3H8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00053947&tree=LEO

4O6) Lady Anne Plantagenet of York (1439-1476) m. 2) Sir Thomas St Leger (by1438-1483), and had
4O7) Anne St Leger (1475-1526) m. George Manners, 11th Lord Ros (1470-1513, descended from Edward I), and had a son 4O8 & 3 daus 4T8, 4U8 & 4V8 (see below)
4O8) Thomas Manners, 1st Earl of Rutland (c.1497-1543) m. 2) Eleanor Paston (c.1505-1551, descended from Edward I), and had 3 daus 4O9, 4R9 & 4S9, & 2 sons 4P9 & 4Q9 (see below)
4O9) Lady Anne Manners (d. 1550) m. Henry Neville, 5th Earl of Westmorland (see N9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00052489&tree=LEO

4P9) Sir John Manners of Haddon Hall (bef.1535-1611) m. Dorothy Vernon (see BB9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00052461&tree=LEO

4Q9) Henry Manners, 2nd Earl of Rutland (1526-1563) m. 1) Lady Margaret Neville (see P9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00052482&tree=LEO

4R9) Lady Gertrude Manners (c.1530-1567) m. George Talbot, 6th Earl of Shrewsbury (see SS9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007955&tree=LEO

4S9) Lady Elizabeth Manners (d. 1570) m. Sir John Savage of Clifton (see 8X7 below), and had
4S10) Sir John Savage, 1st Baronet of Rock Savage (d. 1615) m. Mary Alington (1557-1636), and had
4S11) Thomas, 1st Viscount Savage (c.1586-1635) m. Elizabeth Darcy, Countess Rivers (see 4I11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00021020&tree=LEO

4T8) Eleanor Manners (d. 1547) m. John Bourchier, 2nd Earl of Bath (see 9M6 below), and had
4T9) John Bourchier, Lord FitzWarin (1529-1557) m. Frances Kitson (c.1536-1586), and had
4T10) William Bourchier, 3rd Earl of Bath (1557-1623) m. 2) Lady Elizabeth Russell (1555-1605), and had
4T11) Edward Bourchier, 4th Earl of Bath (1590-1637) m. 1) Dorothy St John (1601-1632, descended from Edward I), and had
4T12) Lady Anne Bourchier (1628-1662) m. 2) Sir Chichester Wrey, 3rd Baronet of Trebeigh (see P13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00191781&tree=LEO

4U8) Margaret Manners m. Henry Strangways, Heir of Melbury Hall (c.1506-1544), and had
4U9) Sir Giles Strangways of Melbury Hall (1528-1562) m. Joan Wadham (d. 1603, descended from Edward I), and had
4U10) John Strangways of Melbury Hall (c.1548-1593) m. Dorothy Thynne (d. 1592), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00350258&tree=LEO
4U11) Anne Strangways m. George Norton of Abbots Leigh (see 6E9 below), and had
4U12) Grace Norton m. Arthur Norton of London (d. 1635), and had
4U13) Sir George Norton of Abbots Leigh (1622-1668) m. Ellen Owen (b. 1622, descended from Edward I), and had
4U14) Ellen Norton m. William Trenchard of Cutteridge (see 7I10 below), and had
4U15) Ellen Trenchard (1687-1752) m. Henry Long of Melksham (see 4F14 above)

4V8) Katherine Manners m. Sir Robert Constable of Everingham (by1495-1558), and had a son 4V9 & a dau 4W9 (see below)
4V9) Sir Marmaduke Constable of Everingham (d. 1574) m. Jane Conyers (see TT9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00218762&tree=LEO

4W9) Barbara Constable m. Sir William Babthorpe of Osgodby Hall (1534-1581), and had
4W10) Sir Ralph Babthorpe of Osgodby Hall (1561-1617) m. Grace Byrnand (see Z11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00238718&tree=LEO

4X5) Lady Isabel Plantagenet (1409-1484) m. 2) Henry Bourchier, 1st Earl of Essex (see 9J3 below), and had
4X6) William, Lord Bourchier (c.1428-1477) m. 2) Lady Anne Woodville (c.1448-1489), and had
4X7) Cecily Bourchier (c.1473-by1493) m. John Devereux, 2nd Lord Ferrers of Chartley (1464-1501, descended from Edward I), and had
4X8) Walter Devereux, 1st Viscount Hereford (c.1491-1558) m. 1) Lady Mary Grey (see 5W6 below), and had 2 sons 4X9 & 4Y9 (see below)
4X9) Sir Richard Devereux of Lamphey (by1513-1547) m. Lady Dorothy Hastings (see 3N8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00062068&tree=LEO

4Y9) Sir William Devereux of Merevale Abbey (by1525-1579) m. Jane Scudamore (c.1527-1607), and had
4Y10) Margaret Devereux (c.1555-1625) m. Sir Edward Littleton of Pillaton Hall (d. 1610), and had
4Y11) Jane Littleton (1584-1657) m. Richard Knightley of Fawsley Hall (1580-1650, descended from Edward I), and had
4Y12) Sir Richard Knightley of Fawsley Hall (c.1610-1661) m. 2) Anne Courten (1615-1703), and had
4Y13) Elizabeth Knightley (c.1649-1685) m. Sir Edward Sebright, 2nd Baronet of Besford (c.1645-1679, descended from Edward I), and had
4Y14) Sir Edward Sebright, 3rd Baronet of Besford (1668-1702) m. Anne Saunders (1670-1719), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00214104&tree=LEO
4Y15) Anne Sebright (1701-1764) m. Sir Charles Buck, 3rd Baronet of Hamby Grange (1692-1729), and had
4Y16) Catharine Buck (c.1726-1805) m. Sir Henry Englefield, 6th Baronet of Wootton Bassett (see A14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00263884&tree=LEO

[Continued in Part 5]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:31:13 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 5]

4Z1) John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster (1340-1399) m. three times, and had 2 daus 4Z2 & 8S2, and 2 sons 8V2 & 9F2 (see below)
4Z2) Lady Joan Beaufort (1377-1440) m. twice, and had 6 daus 4Z3, 5A3, 6Q3, 6V3, 7D3 & 7N3, and 4 sons 5B3, 6Z3, 7F3 & 7V3 (see below)
4Z3) Lady Eleanor Neville, by 2nd husband (1403-1472) m. 2) Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland (see A4 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00015424&tree=LEO

5A3) Lady Cecily Neville, by 2nd husband (1415-1495) m. Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York (see 4M5 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00001704&tree=LEO

5B3) Richard Neville, Earl of Salisbury, by 2nd husband (c.1398-1460) m. Alice Montagu (1406-1462, descended from Edward I), and had 2 sons 5B4 & 5H4, & 4 daus 5D4, 5F4, 5T4 & 6F4 (see below)
5B4) Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (1428-1471) m., and had a mistress, and had 2 daus 5B5 & 5C5 (see below)
5B5) Lady Isabel Neville, by wife (see 9R4 below) (1451-1476) m. George Plantagenet, Duke of Clarence (see 4M6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00003561&tree=LEO

5C5) Margaret Neville, illegit. (c.1455-1498) m. Sir Richard Huddleston of Blennerhasset (c.1440-1485), and had
5C6) Margaret Huddleston (b. c.1476) m. Lancelot Salkeld of Gowbarrow (c.1475-aft.1539), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00023306&tree=LEO
5C7) Thomas Salkeld of Whitehall (c.1505-1574) m. 2) Mary Vaux (d. 1606), and had
5C8) Lancelot Salkeld of Whitehall (1551-1610) m. Elizabeth Bardsey (c.1550-1616), and had
5C9) Thomas Salkeld of Whitehall (d. 1638) m. Margaret Copeland, and had
5C10) Lancelot Salkeld of Whitehall (1613-1649) m. Dorothy Ayscough (d. 1665), and had
5C11) Francis Salkeld of Whitehall (c.1635-1702) m. Anne Strickland (see KK13 above)

5D4) Lady Joan Neville (c.1425-1462) m. William Fitzalan, 9th Earl of Arundel (1417-1487, descended from Edward I)< and had
5D5) Thomas Fitzalan, 10th Earl of Arundel (1450-1524) m. Lady Margaret Woodville (c.1454-1491), and had a son 5D6 & a dau 5E6 (see below)
5D6) William Fitzalan, 11th Earl of Arundel (c.1476-1544) m. 2) Lady Anne Percy (see L7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00026737&tree=LEO

5E6) Lady Joan Fitzalan (c.1474-1494) m. George Neville, 5th Lord Abergavenny (see 7F5 below), and had
5E7) Jane Neville (1494-by1538) m. Henry Pole, Lord Montagu (see 4N8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00053949&tree=LEO

5F4) Lady Eleanor Neville (c.1436-1471) m. Thomas Stanley, 1st Earl of Derby (c.1434-1504, descended from Edward I), and had 2 sons 5F5 & 5G5 (see below)
5F5) George Stanley, Lord Strange (c.1458-1503) m. Joan, 9th Lady Strange of Knokyn (1463-1514), and had
5F6) Thomas Stanley, 2nd Earl of Derby (c.1481-1521) married, and had a mistress, and had two daus 5F7 & 3C8, & a son ZZ8 (see above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00049293&tree=LEO
5F7) Jane Stanley, illegit. by unknown mistress, m. Thomas Scarisbrick of Scarisbrick Hall (1502-1530), and had
5F8) James Scarisbrick of Scarisbrick Hall (1524-1559) m. Dorothy Booth (b. 1526, descended from Edward I), and had
5F9) Edward Scarisbrick of Scarisbrick Hall (d. 1599) m. 1) Margaret Barlow, and had
5F10) Anne Scarisbrick m. Christopher Anderton of Lostock Hall (by1563-1619), and had
5F11) Christopher Anderton of Lostock Hall (c.1607-1650) m. 2) Alethea Smith, and had
5F12) Mary Anderton (d. 1702) m. William Jones of Llanarth Court (see 3L12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00534951&tree=LEO

5G5) Edward Stanley, 1st Baron Monteagle (c.1460-1523) m. 1) Elizabeth Vaughan (d. 1515), and had
5G6) Thomas Stanley, 2nd Baron Monteagle (1507-1560) m. 1) Lady Mary Brandon (b. 1510, descended from Edward I), and had
5G7) Anne Stanley m. Sir John Clifton of Barrington Court (1538-1593, descended from Edward I), and had
5G8) Gervase, 1st Baron Clifton of Leighton Bromswold (c.1570-1618) m. Katherine Darcy (see 8G10 below), and had
5G9) Katherine Clifton (c.1592-1637) m. 1) Esmé Stuart, 3rd Duke of Lennox (see 9D10 below), and had
5G10) Lady Elizabeth Stuart (1610-1674) m. Henry Frederick Howard, 15th Earl of Arundel (see L12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007588&tree=LEO

5H4) John Neville, Marquess Montagu (c.1431-1471) m. Isabel Ingaldesthorpe (1441-1476, descended from Edward I), and had 2 daus 5H5 & 5R5 (see below)
5H5) Lady Lucy Neville (1468-1534) m. twice, and had a son 5I6 & 2 daus 5H6 & 5L6 (see below)
5H6) Margaret Fitzwilliam, by 1st husband (d. 1548) m. Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorpe Hall (see DD8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00216626&tree=LEO

5I6) Sir Anthony Browne of Cowdray Park, by 2nd husband (c.1500-1548) m. 1) Alice Gage (d. 1540), and had a son 5I7 & 2 daus 5J7 & 5K7 (see below)
5I7) Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu (1528-1592) m. twice, and had a dau QQ10, & 2 sons RR10 & 3C10 (see above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00105080&tree=LEO

5J7) Mary Browne (c.1530-1617) m. 1) Lord John Grey of Pirgo (see 6C7 below), and had
5J8) Henry, 1st Baron Grey of Groby (1547-1614) m. Anne Windsor (d. 1605, descended from Edward I), and had
5J9) Sir John Grey of Bradgate (d. 1611) m. Elizabeth Neville (see 7H8 below), and had
5J10) Henry Grey, 1st Earl of Stamford (c.1599-1673) m. Lady Anne Cecil (see M12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00005295&tree=LEO

5K7) Mabel Browne (c.1536-1610) m. Gerald Fitzgerald, 11th Earl of Kildare (see 5X7 below), and had
5K8) Henry Fitzgerald, 12th Earl of Kildare (1562-1597) m. Lady Frances Howard (see 9A9 below), and had
5K9) Lady Bridget Fitzgerald (c.1590-1682) m. 2) Nicholas, 1st Viscount Barnewall of Kingsland (see 9F10 below), and had
5K10) Hon. Mabel Barnewall (c.1620-c.1700) m. Christopher Plunkett, 2nd Earl of Fingall (c.1614-1649, descended from Edward I), and had
5K11) Luke Plunkett, 3rd Earl of Fingall (1639-c.1685) m. Lady Margaret MacCarthy (see 9S11 below), and had
5K12) Lady Elizabeth Plunkett (1666-1729) m. Rowland Eyre of Hassop Hall (see WW13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00630394&tree=LEO

5L6) Elizabeth Browne, by 2nd husband (c.1502-1565) m. Henry Somerset, 2nd Earl of Worcester (see 8W6 below), and had a son 5L7 & a dau 5M7 (see below)
5L7) William Somerset, 3rd Earl of Worcester (c.1527-1589) m. Christian North (b. 1533), and had
5L8) Edward Somerset, 4th Earl of Worcester (c.1550-1628) m. Lady Elizabeth Hastings (see above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00041514&tree=LEO

5M7) Lady Lucy Somerset (1523-1583) m. John Neville, 4th Lord Latimer (see 7N7 below), and had 3 daus 5M8, 5O8 & 5P8 (see below)
5M8) Elizabeth Neville (1550-1630) m. 1) Sir John Danvers of Dauntsey (1540-1594, descended from Edward I), and had
5M9) Eleanor Danvers (c.1583-1601) m. Thomas Walmesley of Dunkenhalgh Hall (1584-1642), and had a dau 5M10 & a son 5N10 (see below)
5M10) Elizabeth Walmesley (1599-1666) m. Richard Sherborn of Stonyhurst Hall (see 3A11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00566747&tree=LEO

5N10) Sir Thomas Walmesley, Heir of Dunkenhalgh Hall (1600-1637) m. Juliana Moiyneux (d. 1668, descended from Edward I), and had
5N11) Richard Walmesley of Dunkenhalgh Hall (1627-1679) m. Mary Fromond (d. 1687), and had
5N12) Eleanor Alathea Walmesley m. Thomas Clifton of Lytham Hall (see 3B13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00241871&tree=LEO

5O8) Dorothy Neville (1548-1609) m. Thomas Cecil, 1st Earl of Exeter (1542-1623), and had
5O9) William Cecil, 2nd Earl of Exeter (1566-1640) m. 2) Elizabeth Drury (see M11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00005293&tree=LEO

5P8) Lucy Neville (1549-1608) m. Sir William Cornwallis of Brome Hall (c.1549-1611, descended from Edward I), and had
5P9) Cornelia Cornwallis (c.1583-1654) m. Sir Richard Fermor of Somerton (d. 1643), and had a son 5P10 & a dau 5Q10 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00633314&tree=LEO
5P10) Henry Fermor of Tusmore Park (c.1611-1673) m. Ursula Middleton (see O13 above)

5Q10) Jane Fermor (d. aft.1653) m. Col. Thomas Morgan of Heyford Hall (1597-1643), and had
5Q11) Jane Morgan (d. 1644) m. Sir John Preston, 1st Baronet of Furness (1617-1645, descended from Edward I), and had
5Q12) Elizabeth Preston (d. 1688) m. William, 12th Baron Stourton (see VV13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272130&tree=LEO

5R5) Lady Isabel Neville (1470-1516) m. 1) William Huddleston of Sawston Hall (c.1450-by1508), and had
5R6) Sir John Huddleston of Sawston Hall (c.1489-1530) m. Elizabeth Dudley (see 7D6 below), and had
5R7) Sir John Huddleston of Sawston Hall (1517-1557) m. Bridget Cotton (d. 1578), and had
5R8) Sir Edmund Huddleston of Sawston Hall (c.1539-1606) m. Dorothy Beconsall (b. 1538), and had
5R9) Frances Huddleston (d. 1630) m. George Wilde of Kempsey (1550-1616), and had
5R10) Elizabeth Wilde (d. 1656) m. Sir Walter Blount, 1st Baronet of Sodington (see 6L11 below), and had a dau 5R11 & a son 5S11 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00620115&tree=LEO
5R11) Eleanor Blount (d. 1674) m. 1) Robert Knightley of Offchurch (1576-1655, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272322&tree=LEO
5R12) Elizabeth Knightley (d. bef.1735) m. Sir Henry Lawson, 2nd Baronet of Brough Hall (see I15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272313&tree=LEO

5S11) Sir George Blount, 2nd Baronet of Sodington (d. 1667) m. Mary Kirkham (b. 1629, descended from Edward I), and had
5S12) George Blount of Mawley Hall (c.1652-1702) m. Constance Cary (1673-1725, descended from Edward I), and had
5S13) Constance Blount (1693-1733) m. Sir John Smythe, 3rd Baronet of Eshe Hall (see 3Q15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00272144&tree=LEO

5T4) Lady Katherine Neville (c.1442-1504) m. twice, and had a son 5T5 & 2 daus 5U5 & 5W5 (see below)
5T5) Edward, 2nd Lord Hastings, by 2nd husband (1466-1506) m. Mary, Lady Hungerford (see ZZ6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00107578&tree=LEO

5U5) Anne Hastings, by 2nd husband (c.1468-by1512) m. George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury (see 6U5 below), and had a dau 5U6 & a son 5V6 (see below)
5U6) Lady Elizabeth Talbot (c.1507-c.1559) m. William, 3rd Lord Dacre of Gilsland (see OO8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00105111&tree=LEO

5V6) Francis Talbot, 5th Earl of Shrewsbury (1500-1560) m. Mary Dacre (see SS8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00105101&tree=LEO

5W5) Cecily Bonville, by 1st husband (1460-1529) m. 1) Thomas Grey, 1st Marquess of Dorset (c.1456-1501, descended from Edward I), and had 3 daus 5W6, 5X6 & 5Y6, & a son 6C6 (see below)
5W6) Lady Mary Grey (c.1492-1538) m. Walter Devereux, 1st Viscount Hereford (see 4X8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00062067&tree=LEO

5X6) Lady Elizabeth Grey (b. c.1495) m. Gerald Fitzgerald, 9th Earl of Kildare (1487-1534, descended from Edward I), and had
5X7) Gerald Fitzgerald, 11th Earl of Kildare (1525-1585) m. Mabel Browne (see 5K7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00117150&tree=LEO

5Y6) Lady Dorothy Grey (c.1485-1553) m. twice, and had 2 daus 5Y7 & 5Z7 (see below)
5Y7) Mary Blount, by 2nd husband (c.1527-by1555) m. Sir Robert Denys of Holcombe Burnell (by1530-1592), and had
5Y8) Anne Denys (b. c.1555) m. Sir John Chichester of Raleigh (see 9N8 below), and had
5Y9) Sir Robert Chichester of Raleigh (1578-1627) m. Frances Harington (b. 1587, descended from Edward I), and had
5Y10) Anne Chichester (1605-1626) m. Thomas Bruce, 1st Earl of Elgin (1599-1663), and had
5Y11) Robert Bruce, 1st Earl of Ailesbury (1626-1685) m. Lady Diana Grey (see M13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00005299&tree=LEO

5Z7) Elizabeth Willoughby, by 1st husband (d. by 1552) m. John Paulet, 2nd Marquess of Winchester (c.1510-1576, descended from Edward I), and had a dau 5Z8 & a son 6A8 (see below)
5Z8) Lady Elizabeth Paulet (c.1534-1576) m. Sir William Courtenay of Powderham Castle (1530-1557, descended from Edward I), and had
5Z9) Sir William Courtenay of Powderham Castle (1553-1630) m. 1) Lady Elizabeth Manners (see P10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00072942&tree=LEO

6A8) William Paulet, 3rd Marquess of Winchester (c.1532-1598) m. Agnes Howard (c.1534-1601, descended from Edward I), and had
6A9) Lady Anne Paulet m. Sir Thomas Denys of Holcombe Burnell (1559-1613), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008033&tree=LEO
6A10) Anne Denys m. Sir Henry Rolle of Bicton House (d. 1617), and had
6A11) Dennis Rolle of Stevenstone (1614-1638) m. Hon. Margaret Poulett (see 6F11 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00191803&tree=LEO
6A12) Florence Rolle (1631-1705) m. Sir John Rolle of Stevenstone (1627-1706), and had a son 6A13 & a dau 6B13 (see below)
6A13) John Rolle of Bicton House (c.1649-1689) m. Lady Christiana Bruce (see M14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00182295&tree=LEO

6B13) Florence Rolle (d. 1724) m. Sir Bourchier Wrey, 4th Baronet of Trebeigh (see P14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00191786&tree=LEO

6C6) Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset (1477-1530) m. 2) Margaret Wotton (d. 1541), and had a son 6C7 & a dau 6D7 (see below)
6C7) Lord John Grey of Pirgo (c.1524-1564) m. Mary Browne (see 5J7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00123376&tree=LEO

6D7) Lady Elizabeth Grey (c.1520-1564) m. twice, and had a dau 6D8 & a son 6E8 (see below)
6D8) Margaret Audley, by 1st husband (1540-1564) m. Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk (see R10 above), and had a son R11 & a dau U11 (see above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007937&tree=LEO

6E8) Samuel Norton of Abbots Leigh, by 2nd husband (1548-1621) m. ---- (ODNB doesn't identify wife), and had
6E9) George Norton of Abbots Leigh m. Anne Strangways (see 4U11 above)

[Continued in Part 6]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:34:45 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 6]

6F4) Lady Alice Neville (c.1434-aft.1503) m. Henry, 6th Lord Fitzhugh (1429-1472), and had 2 daus 6F5 & 6G5 (see below)
6F5) Alice Fitzhugh (c.1452-1516) m. Sir John Fiennes, Heir of Dacre (c.1447-c.1482, descended from Edward I), and had
6F6) Thomas Fiennes, 8th Lord Dacre (1472-1533) m. Anne Bourchier (see below), and had
6F7) Mary Fiennes (c.1497-1531) m. Sir Henry Norris of Bray (c.1491-1536, descended from Edward I), and had
6F8) Henry, 1st Baron Norris of Rycote (c.1525-1601) m. Margery Williams (d. 1599), and had
6F9) Katherine Norris (d. 1602) m. Sir Anthony Paulet of Hinton St George (1562-1600), and had
6F10) John, 1st Baron Poulett of Hinton St George (1586-1649) m. Elizabeth Kenn (1593-1663), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00135377&tree=LEO
6F11) Hon. Margaret Poulett (c.1614-1671) m. 1) Dennis Rolle of Stevenstone (see 6A11 above)

6G5) Elizabeth Fitzhugh (1462-bef.1507) m. twice, and had 2 sons 6G6 & 6P6, and 2 daus 6J6 & 6O6 (see below)
6G6) William, Baron Parr of Horton, by 1st husband (c.1480-1546) m. Mary Salisbury (1484-1555), and had
6G7) Anne Parr (c.1508-by1540) m. Sir Thomas Tresham of Rushton Hall (by1500-1559), and had
6G8) John Tresham, Heir of Rushton Hall (c.1525-1546) m. Eleanor Catesby (d. 1546), and had a son 6G9 & a dau 6H9 (see below)
6G9) Sir Thomas Tresham of Rushton Hall (1543-1605) m. Muriel Throckmorton (see UU9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00021597&tree=LEO

6H9) Mary Tresham m. William, 3rd Baron Vaux of Harrowden (see 6O8 below), and had
6H10) George Vaux of Irthlingborough (1564-1594) m. Elizabeth Roper, and had 2 daus 6H11 & 6I11 (see below)
6H11) Mary Vaux (c.1587-by1612) m. Sir George Simeon of Baldwin Brightwell (c.1584-1664), and had
6H12) Elizabeth Simeon (d. 1673) m. 1) William Conyers of Sockburn Hall (see 7C10 below), and had
6H13) Anne Conyers (1634-by1658) m. Francis Talbot, 11th Earl of Shrewsbury (see BB12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00104880&tree=LEO

6I11) Katherine Vaux (c.1592-1649) m. Henry Neville, 9th Baron Abergavenny (see 7G8 below), and had
6I12) Hon. Elizabeth Neville (b. c.1630) m. Thomas Stonor of Stonor Park (1626-1683, descended from Edward I), and had
6I13) John Stonor of Stonor Park (1655-1689) m. Lady Mary Talbot (see BB13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00104889&tree=LEO

6J6) Katherine Vaux, by 2nd husband (c.1490-c.1571) m. Sir George Throckmorton of Coughton Court (by1489-1552), and had a dau 6J7 & a son 6L7 (see below)
6J7) Elizabeth Throckmorton m. 1) John Gifford of Itchel (d. 1563), and had 2 daus 6J8 & 6K8 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00346129&tree=LEO
6J8) Jane Gifford m. Edward Yate of Buckland (d. 1596), and had
6J9) Sir Edward Yate, 1st Baronet of Buckland (1578-1648) m. Katherine Baker (descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00528701&tree=LEO
6J10) Sir John Yate, 2nd Baronet of Buckland (1606-1659) m. Mary Pakington (1610-1696, descended from Edward I), and had
6J11) Abigail Yate m. Charles, 5th Viscount Fairfax of Emly (see G14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00336879&tree=LEO

6K8) Chrysogona Gifford m. Edward Gray of Buildwas Abbey (see 7E8 below), and had
6K9) Chrysogona Gray m. Sir Moreton Briggs, 1st Baronet of Haughton (d. by 1647, descended from Edward I), and had
6K10) Robert Briggs of Shrewsbury (d. 1701) m. Sarah Moreton (d. 1699), and had
6K11) Martha Briggs m. 2) Sir John Stonhouse, 2nd Baronet of Radley (c.1639-1700), and had
6K12) Sir John Stonhouse, 3rd Baronet of Radley (c.1672-1733) m. 1) Mary Mellish (d. 1705), and had
6K13) Martha Stonhouse (1697-1782) m. Arthur Vansittart of Shottesbrook Park (1691-1760), and had
6K14) Anne Vansittart (1738-1788) m. Sir Robert Palk, 1st Baronet of Haldon House (1717-1798), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00081921&tree=LEO
6K15) Anne Palk (1764-1791) m. Sir Bourchier Wrey, 7th Baronet of Trebeigh (see M17 above)

6L7) Sir Robert Throckmorton of Coughton Court (by1513-1581) m. twice, and had 3 daus 6L8, 6M8 (see below) & UU9 (see above)
6L8) Katherine Throckmorton, by 1st wife, m. 1) Henry Norwood, Heir of Leckhampton Court (c.1523-1556), and had
6L9) William Norwood of Leckhampton Court (d. 1632) m. Elizabeth Lygon (c.1548-1598, descended from Edward I), and had
6L10) Eleanor Norwood (d. 1624) m. 1) Sir George Blount of Sodington Hall (d. 1611, descended from Edward I), and had
6L11) Sir Walter Blount, 1st Baronet of Sodington (c.1594-1654) m. Elizabeth Wilde (see 5R10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00620114&tree=LEO

6M8) Anne Throckmorton, by 1st wife (c.1540-1603) m. Ralph Sheldon of Beoley (c.1537-1613), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00204554&tree=LEO
6M9) Mary Sheldon (b. 1560) m. Walter Fowler of St Thomas Priory (1552-1621), and had
6M10) Anne Fowler m. John Draycott of Painsley Hall (see 6T10 below), and had a son 6M11 & a dau 6N11 (see below)
6M11) Philip Draycott of Painsley Hall (d. 1659) m. Lady Frances Weston (see 7K9 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00196240&tree=LEO
6M12) Sir Richard Draycott of Painsley Hall (1630-1662) m. Mary Blomer (see 3F13 above)

6N11) Mary Draycott m. William Stanley of Hooton Hall (see 6P10 below), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628463&tree=LEO
6N12) William Stanley, 1st Baronet of Hooton (1633-1673) m. 1) Hon. Charlotte Molyneux (d. 1662, descended from Edward I), and had
6N13) Sir Rowland Stanley, 2nd Baronet of Hooton (1653-1737) m. Anne Paston (see V14 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628468&tree=LEO

6O6) Anne Parr, by 1st husband (c.1482-aft.1513) m. Sir Thomas Cheney of Irthlingborough (by1449-1514), and had
6O7) Elizabeth Cheney (d. 1556) m. Thomas, 2nd Baron Vaux of Harrowden (1509-1556, descended from Edward I), and had
6O8) William, 3rd Baron Vaux of Harrowden (1535-1595) m. 2) Mary Tresham (see 6H9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00123671&tree=LEO

6P6) Sir Thomas Parr of Kendal, by 1st husband (1478-1517) m. Maud Greene (1492-1531, descended from Edward I), and had
6P7) Anne Parr (1515-1552) m. William Herbert, 1st Earl of Pembroke (1506-1570), and had
6P8) Sir Edward Herbert of Powis Castle (c.1542-1595) m. Mary Stanley (c.1553-aft.1611), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00041622&tree=LEO
6P9) Anne Herbert m. William Stanley, Heir of Hooton Hall (see 9G10 below), and had
6P10) William Stanley of Hooton Hall (1606-1644) m. Mary Draycott (see 6N11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628462&tree=LEO

6Q3) Lady Anne Neville, by 2nd husband (c.1408-1480) m. 1) Humphrey Stafford, 1st Duke of Buckingham (see 9I3 below), and had a son 6Q4 & 2 daus 6T4 & 6U4 (see below)
6Q4) Humphrey Stafford, Earl of Stafford (c.1425-1458) m. Lady Margaret Beaufort (see 8V4 below), and had
6Q5) Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham (1455-1483) m. Lady Katherine Woodville (c.1458-1497), and had a son 6Q6 & 2 daus 6R6 & 6S6 (see below)
6Q6) Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham (1478-1521) m. Lady Eleanor Percy (see M7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00026565&tree=LEO

6R6) Lady Anne Stafford (c.1483-1544) m. 2) George Hastings, 1st Earl of Huntingdon (see 3H7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00053945&tree=LEO

6S6) Lady Elizabeth Stafford (c.1481-by1532) m. Robert Radcliffe, 1st Earl of Sussex (c.1483-1542, descended from Edward I), and had
6S7) Sir Humphrey Radcliffe of Elstow (1509-1566) m. Isabel Harvey (1518-1594), and had
6S8) Frances Radcliffe (c.1547-by1584) m. Henry Cheke of Elstow (c.1548-1586), and had
6S9) Mary Cheke (b. c.1575) m. Thomas Spencer of Claverdon (d. 1630), and had
6S10) Alice Spencer (c.1594-1648) m. Sir Thomas Lucy of Charlecote Hall (1585-1640, descended from Edward I), and had
6S11) Robert Lucy of Charlecote Hall (c.1618-1658) m. Margaret Spencer (c.1620-1704), and had
6S12) Bridget Lucy (1655-1713) m. William, 4th Viscount Molyneux (1657-1718, descended from Edward I), and had
6S13) Richard, 5th Viscount Molyneux (1679-1738) m. Hon. Mary Brudenell (see YY13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00241874&tree=LEO

6T4) Lady Anne Stafford (c.1430-1472) m. Thomas, 5th Lord Cobham of Sterborough (c.1415-1471), and had
6T5) Anne, 6th Lady Cobham of Sterborough (1467-1526) m. 2) Edward, 2nd Lord Burgh of Gainsborough (1464-1528, descended from Edward I), and had
6T6) Thomas, 3rd Lord Burgh of Gainsborough (by1488-1550) m. 1) Agnes Tyrwhitt (b. c.1488), and had
6T7) Agnes Burgh (b. c.1514) m. John Basset of Fledborough (d. 1544), and had
6T8) Edward Basset of Fledborough (by1532-1580) m. Elizabeth Lascelles (descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00600744&tree=LEO
6T9) Katherine Basset m. Philip Draycott, Heir of Painsley Hall (d. 1604), and had
6T10) John Draycott of Painsley Hall (d. 1630) m. Anne Fowler (see 6M10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628464&tree=LEO

6U4) Lady Katherine Stafford (d. 1476) m. John Talbot, 3rd Earl of Shrewsbury (1448-1473, descended from Edward I), and had
6U5) George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury (1468-1538) m. twice, and had 2 daus 6U6 & 5U6, & a son 5V6 (see above)
6U6) Lady Anne Talbot, by 2nd wife (1524-1588) m. 1) Peter Compton of Compton Wynyates (1523-1544), and had
6U7) Henry, 1st Baron Compton of Compton (1544-1589) m. twice, and had a son 6U8 & a dau 3M10 (see above)
6U8) Sir Henry Compton of Brambletye House, by 2nd wife (c.1584-1649) m. 1) Lady Cecily Sackville (see U12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00289562&tree=LEO

6V3) Mary Ferrers, by 1st husband (1394-1458) m. Sir Ralph Neville of Oversley (1395-1458, descended from Edward I), and had
6V4) John Neville of Oversley (c.1415-1482) m. Elizabeth Newmarch (b. 1415), and had
6V5) Joan Neville (c.1434-bef.1482) m. 1) Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorpe Hall (c.1428-1463), and had a son 6V6 & a dau 6W6 (see below)
6V6) Sir William Gascoigne of Gawthorpe Hall (c.1450-1487) m. Lady Margaret Percy (see Y6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00109415&tree=LEO

6W6) Margaret Gascoigne (b. c.1455) m. Sir Christopher Ward of Givendale (1453-1521), and had 2 daus 6W7 & 6X7 (see below)
6W7) Joan Ward (c.1477-1540) m. Sir Edward Musgrave of Hartley Castle (see 4A7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00322076&tree=LEO

6X7) Anne Ward (d. 1521) m. Ralph Neville of Thornton Bridge (1469-1522), and had 2 daus 6X8 & 6Y8 (see below)
6X8) Joan Neville (b. 1500) m. Sir John Constable of Burton Constable (d. 1542), and had
6X9) Sir John Constable of Burton Constable (1526-1579) m. 1) Margaret Scrope (see G10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00346790&tree=LEO

6Y8) Katherine Neville (1499-bef.1555) m. 1) Sir Walter Strickland of Sizergh Castle (c.1496-1528), and had
6Y9) Walter Strickland of Sizergh Castle (1516-1569) m. 2) Alice Tempest (d. 1595), and had
6Y10) Sir Thomas Strickland of Sizergh Castle (1564-1612) m. 2) Margaret Curwen (see KK11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00281616&tree=LEO

[Continued in Part 7]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:38:10 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 7]

6Z3) William Neville, Earl of Kent, by 2nd husband (c.1406-1463) m. Joan Fauconberg (1406-1490), and had
6Z4) Lady Alice Neville (b. c.1436) m. John Conyers, Heir of Hornby Castle (c.1435-1469, descended from Edward I), and had a son 6Z5 & a dau 7A5 (see below)
6Z5) William, 1st Baron Conyers (1468-1524) m. 2) Lady Anne Neville (see 8T6 below), and had
6Z6) Christopher, 2nd Baron Conyers (d. 1538) m. Anne Dacre (see TT8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00232287&tree=LEO

7A5) Margery Conyers (c.1466-1524) m. Sir William Bulmer of Wilton Castle (1465-1531), and had
7A6) Sir William Bulmer of Embleton (1492-1546) m. Elizabeth Elmeden (1494-1558), and had
7A7) Francis Bulmer of Embleton (c.1515-1578) m. Katherine Norton (see 7S7 below), and had
7A8) Anthony Bulmer of Tursdale (1553-1584) m. Diana Metham (1561-1639, descended from Edward I), and had a son 7A9, & 2 daus 7B9 & 7C9 (see below)
7A9) Sir Bertram Bulmer of Tursdale (1579-1638) m. Isabel Tempest (see 3Q12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00512456&tree=LEO

7B9) Margaret Bulmer m. Sir Arthur Gray of Spindleston (see MM10 above)

7C9) Katherine Bulmer m. Sir George Conyers of Sockburn Hall (see 7Q9 below), and had
7C10) William Conyers of Sockburn Hall (1613-1635) m. Elizabeth Simeon (see 6H12 above)

7D3) Lady Katherine Neville, by 2nd husband (c.1399-1483) m. 2) Sir Thomas Strangways (d. by1443), and had
7D4) Joan Strangways (c.1440-1485) m. 1) Sir William Willoughby of Parham (d. 1468), and had
7D5) Cecily Willoughby (b. c.1464) m. Edward Sutton, 2nd Lord Dudley (c.1459-1532, descended from Edward I), and had 2 daus 7D6 & 7E6 (see below)
7D6) Elizabeth Dudley (b. c.1499) m. 1) Sir John Huddleston of Sawston Hall (see 5R6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00264587&tree=LEO

7E6) Margaret Dudley (c.1485-by1525) m. 1) John, 3rd Lord Gray of Powis (see 9T6 below), and had
7E7) Edward Gray, 4th Lord Gray of Powis (1503-1551) = Jane Pount (d. 1583), and had
7E8) Edward Gray of Buildwas Abbey, illegit. (c.1542-1592) m. Chrysogona Gifford (see 6K8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00247556&tree=LEO

7F3) Edward Neville, 3rd Lord Abergavenny, by 2nd husband (c.1417-1476) m. twice, and had a son 7F4 & a dau 7M4 (see below)
7F4) George Neville, 4th Lord Abergavenny, by 1st wife (see 9Q4 below) (1440-1492) m. 1) Margaret Fenne (c.1444-1485), and had 2 sons 7F5 & 7G5 (see below)
7F5) George Neville, 5th Lord Abergavenny (1469-1535) m. 1) Lady Joan Fitzalan (see 5E6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00037940&tree=LEO

7G5) Sir Edward Neville of Addington Park (by1482-1538) m. Eleanor Windsor (d. 1531, descended from Edward I), and had a son 7G6 & a dau 7J6 (see below)
7G6) Edward Neville, 7th Baron Abergavenny (c.1518-1589) m. 1) Katharine Brome, and had 2 sons 7G7 & 7I7 (see below)
7G7) Edward Neville, 8th Baron Abergavenny (1551-1622) m. Rachael Lennard (d. 1616), and had a son 7G8 & a dau 7H8 (see below)
7G8) Henry Neville, 9th Baron Abergavenny (c.1575-1641) m. 2) Katherine Vaux (see 6I11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00116575&tree=LEO

7H8) Elizabeth Neville m. 1) Sir John Grey of Bradgate (see 5J9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00123381&tree=LEO

7I7) Francis Neville of Chichester (c.1558-1628) m. 1) Mary Lewknor (d. by 1616), and had
7I8) Edward Neville of Bentworth m. Margaret Palmes (descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00221979&tree=LEO
7I9) Anne Neville m. 2) John Trenchard of Saltford (d. 1651), and had
7I10) William Trenchard of Cutteridge (c.1643-1713) m. Ellen Norton (see 4U14 above)

7J6) Frances Neville (c.1525-1599) m. 1) Sir Edward Waldegrave of Sudbury (c.1517-1561), and had a dau 7J7 & a son 7K7 (see below)
7J7) Mary Waldegrave (c.1552-1604) m. John, 1st Baron Petre (1549-1613), and had
7J8) William, 2nd Baron Petre (1575-1637) m. Lady Katherine Somerset (see 3J10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00058271&tree=LEO

7K7) Nicholas Waldegrave of Borley (d. 1621) m. Katherine Browne (b. 1565, descended from Edward I), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00196222&tree=LEO
7K8) Frances Waldegrave (d. 1645) m. Richard Weston, 1st Earl of Portland (1577-1635), and had a dau 7K9 & a son 7L9 (see below)
7K9) Lady Frances Weston (b. 1612) m. Philip Draycott of Painsley Hall (see 6M11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00196241&tree=LEO

7L9) Hon. Benjamin Weston of Ashley Park (b. 1614) m. Elizabeth Sheldon (see 8B10 below), and had
7L10) Elizabeth Weston m. Sir Charles Shelley, 2nd Baronet of Michelgrove (1637-1681, descended from Edward I), and had
7L11) Sir John Shelley, 3rd Baronet of Michelgrove (c.1663-1703) m. 2) Mary Gage (see 3N15 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00285756&tree=LEO

7M4) Margaret Neville, by 2nd wife (c.1455-1506) m. John Brooke, 7th Lord Cobham (c.1447-1512, descended from Edward I), and had
7M5) Thomas Brooke, 8th Lord Cobham (c.1475-1529) m. 1) Dorothy Heydon (c.1477-by1515), and had
7M6) George Brooke, 9th Lord Cobham (c.1497-1558) m. Anne Bray (c.1510-1558), and had
7M7) William Brooke, 10th Lord Cobham (1527-1597) m. 2) Frances Newton (d. 1592, descended from Edward I), and had
7M8) Frances Brooke (b. 1562) m. 2) Sir Edward More of Odiham (c.1555-1623), and had
7M9) Frances More (c.1595-1662) m. William, 11th Baron Stourton (see UU11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00346163&tree=LEO

7N3) George Neville, 1st Lord Latimer, by 2nd husband (c.1411-1469) m. Lady Elizabeth Beauchamp (c.1411-1480, descended from Edward I), and had
7N4) Sir Henry Neville (c.1435-1469) m. Joan Bourchier (see 9K4 below), and had
7N5) Richard Neville, 2nd Lord Latimer (1468-1530) m. 1) Anne Stafford (d. by 1521), and had a son 7N6, & 3 daus 7O6, 7R6 & 7U6 (see below)
7N6) John Neville, 3rd Lord Latimer (1493-1543) m. 1) Dorothy Vere (d. 1526, descended from Edward I), and had
7N7) John Neville, 4th Lord Latimer (1520-1577) m. Lady Lucy Somerset (see 5M7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00003574&tree=LEO

7O6) Dorothy Neville (1496-1532) m. Sir John Dawnay of Sessay (d. 1553), and had 2 sons 7O7 & 7P7, & a dau 7Q7 (see below)
7O7) Sir Thomas Dawnay of Sessay (1515-1556) m. Edith Darcy (see 8D9 below), and had
7O8) Sir John Dawnay of Sessay (1536-1598) m. Elizabeth Tunstall (see 8Q9 below), and had
7O9) Mary Dawnay (d. 1612) m. Ralph, 3rd Baron Eure (see CC10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00139016&tree=LEO

7P7) George Dawnay of Escrick (c.1520-1557) m. Ellen Constable, and had
7P8) Joan Dawnay m. John Palmes of Naburn Hall (see 8P9 below), and had
7P9) Sir George Palmes of Naburn Hall (d. 1654) m. 1) Katherine Babthorpe (see Z12 above)

7Q7) Anne Dawnay (b. c.1525) m. Sir George Conyers of Sockburn Hall (see 8O8 below), and had
7Q8) Sir John Conyers of Sockburn Hall (1547-1610) m. Agnes Bowes (d. 1598), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00410311&tree=LEO
7Q9) Sir George Conyers of Sockburn Hall (1577-1626) m. Katherine Bulmer (see 7C9 above)

7R6) Susan Neville (1501-c.1560) m. Richard Norton of Norton Conyers (c.1498-1585), and had 3 daus 7R7, 7S7 & 7T7 (see below)
7R7) Jane Norton (d. aft.1605) m. Richard Gascoigne of Sedbury Hall (see EE10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00506968&tree=LEO

7S7) Katherine Norton (d. 1596) m. Francis Bulmer of Embleton (see 7A7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00506979&tree=LEO

7T7) Joan Norton (d. by 1592) m. Gerard Salvin of Croxdale Hall (d. 1587), and had
7T8) Gerard Salvin of Croxdale Hall (1567-1602) m. Anne Blakiston (see B10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00503950&tree=LEO

7U6) Elizabeth Neville (b. 1500) m. Sir Christopher Danby of Thorpe Perrow (see 7Z7 below), and had
7U7) Magdalen Danby m. Sir Marmaduke Wyvill, 1st Baronet of Constable Burton (see X9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00512462&tree=LEO

7V3) Elizabeth Ferrers, by 1st husband (1393-1434) m. John, 4th Lord Greystoke (c.1390-1436), and had a son 7V4 & 4 daus 8B4, 8J4, 8K4 & 8N4 (see below)
7V4) Ralph, 5th Lord Greystoke (1414-1487) m. 1) Elizabeth Fitzhugh (c.1420-1469), and had a son 7V5 & 2 daus 7W5 & 7Z5 (see below)
7V5) Sir Robert Greystoke, Heir of Greystoke (c.1440-1483) m. Lady Elizabeth Grey (see NN6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00198309&tree=LEO

7W5) Margery Greystoke m. Sir Thomas Gray of Chillingham Castle (c.1455-1498, descended from Edward I), and had
7W6) Sir Ralph Gray of Chillingham Castle (1479-1507) m. Elizabeth --- (d. aft.1532), and had
7W7) Margery Gray m. 1) Nicholas Thornton of Witton Castle (d. aft.1530), and had 2 sons 7W8 & 7Y8 (see below)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00347085&tree=LEO
7W8) Roger Thornton of Witton Castle m. Margaret Lawson, and had
7W9) Barbara Thornton m. her 1st cousin John Thornton of Witton-by-the -Waters (see 7Y9 below), and had a son 7W10 & a dau 7X10 (see below)
7W10) Nicholas Thornton of Witton Castle (d. 1632) m. 2) Jane Radcliffe (see 3S12 above)

7X10) Dorothy Thornton m. William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall, and had*
7X11) William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1682) m. 3) Elizabeth Musgrave (see 3Y14 above)

*Dorothy Thornton was married to William Charlton, as his first wife, by 1615:
http://www.archive.org/stream/visitationofnort00sainrich#page/50/mode/2up
There is a possibility that William Charlton #7X11 above was William Charlton's son by his second wife Elizabeth Fenwick of Blagdon Hall.

7Y8) Lawrence Thornton of Witton-by-the-Waters m. Elizabeth Collingwood, and had
7Y9) John Thornton of Witton-by-the-Waters m. his 1st cousin Barbara Thornton (see 7W9 above)

7Z5) Elizabeth Greystoke (d. aft.1483) m. 1) Thomas, 5th Lord Scrope of Masham (c.1430-1475), and had 2 daus 7Z6 & 8A6 (see below)
7Z6) Margery Scrope (c.1470-aft.1531) m. Sir Christopher Danby of Thorpe Perrow (1468-1518), and had
7Z7) Sir Christopher Danby of Thorpe Perrow (1503-1571) m. Elizabeth Neville (see 7U6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00308276&tree=LEO

[Continued in Part 8]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:40:23 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 8]

8A6) Elizabeth Scrope m. 2) Sir Ralph FitzRandall of Spennithorne (d. 1517), and had
8A7) Agnes FitzRandall (d. 1533) m. Marmaduke Wyvill of Constable Burton (by1496-1558), and had
8A8) Christopher Wyvill of Constable Burton (by1518-1579) m. Margaret Scrope (see X8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00512463&tree=LEO

8B4) Joan Greystoke (c.1409-by1487) m. 1) John Darcy of Temple Hurst (1404-1458, descended from Edward I), and had a dau 8B5 & a son 8D5 (see below)
8B5) Joan Darcy (b. c.1435) m. John Beaumont of Coleorton Hall (1428-1461), and had
8B6) George Beaumont of Quarter Marsh (c.1453-1530) m. Joan Pauncefoot, and had
8B7) William Beaumont of Coleorton Hall (d. 1529) m. Mary Basset (d. 1539), and had
8B8) Anthony Beaumont of Glenfield m. Anne Armstrong, and had 2 daus 8B9 & 8C9 (see below)
8B9) Barbara Beaumont m. Thomas Sheldon of Hoby, and had
8B10) Elizabeth Sheldon (d. 1662) m. twice, and had 2 daus 8B11 & 7L10 (see above)
8B11) Lady Anne Villiers, by 1st husband (see 8C10 below) m. Thomas Savile, 1st Earl of Sussex (see 9B9 below), and had
8B12) Lady Frances Savile (d. 1695) m. Francis, Lord Brudenell (see YY12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00021017&tree=LEO

8C9) Mary Beaumont, Countess of Buckingham (1569-1632) m. 1) Sir George Villiers of Brokesby (c.1544-1606), and had
8C10) Christopher Villiers, 1st Earl of Anglesey (c.1593-1630) m. Elizabeth Sheldon (see 8B10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00059435&tree=LEO

8D5) Richard Darcy, Heir of Temple Hurst (b. 1424) m. Eleanor Scrope (d. 1471), and had
8D6) Sir William Darcy of Temple Hurst (1443-1488) m. Euphemia Langton (d. 1494), and had a son 8D7 & a dau 8H7 (see below)
8D7) Thomas, 1st Baron Darcy of Temple Hurst (1467-1537) m. 1) Dowsabel Tempest, and had 2 sons 8D8 & 8F8 (see below)
8D8) George, 2nd Baron Darcy of Temple Hurst (1494-1558) m. Dorothy Melton (c.1507-1557, descended from Edward I), and had a dau 8D9 & a son 8E9 (see below)
8D9) Edith Darcy (d. 1585) m. Sir Thomas Dawnay of Sessay (see 7O7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00511813&tree=LEO

8E9) John, 2nd Baron Darcy of Temple Hurst (1530-1602) m. Agnes Babington (descended from Edward I), and had
8E10) Michael Darcy, Heir of Aston Hall (d. 1588) m. Margaret Wentworth (see DD11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00386990&tree=LEO

8F8) Sir Arthur Darcy of Brimham (d. 1561) m. Mary Carew (see 9L7 below), and had a dau 8F9 & a son 8G9 (see below)
8F9) Elizabeth Darcy (d. 1590) m. Lewis, 3rd Baron Mordaunt of Turvey (1538-1601), and had
8F10) Henry, 4th Baron Mordaunt of Turvey (c.1568-1609) m. Margaret Compton (see 3M10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00055737&tree=LEO

8G9) Sir Henry Darcy of Brimham (by1539-by1593) m. 2) Katherine Fermor (descended from Edward I), and had
8G10) Katherine Darcy (b. c.1572) m. Gervase, 1st Baron Clifton of Leighton Bromswold (see 5G8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007703&tree=LEO

8H7) Isabel Darcy m. Sir Roger Gray of Horton (d. 1543), and had a son 8H8 & a dau 8I8 (see below)
8H8) Sir Thomas Gray of Horton (by1515-1570) m. Dorothy Ogle (see LL8 above), and had a dau MM9 (see above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00222567&tree=LEO

8I8) Edith Gray (c.1500-1575) m. 1) Ralph Swinhoe of Rock Hall (c.1495-1525), and had
8I9) Margery Swinhoe (by1525-bef.1568) m. 1) Edmund Lawson of Newcastle (1528-1551), and had
8I10) Sir Ralph Lawson of Brough Hall (1547-1623) m. Elizabeth Brough, and had
8I11) Roger Lawson of Heton Hall (1571-1614) m. Dorothy Constable (see H12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00597665&tree=LEO

8J4) Elizabeth Greystoke (c.1412-1440) m. Roger Thornton of Witton Castle (d. 1472), and had
8J5) Elizabeth Thornton (b. 1436) m. George, 3rd Lord Lumley (by1435-1507), and had
8J6) Sir Thomas Lumley (c.1462-1503) m. Margaret 'Plantagenet' (b. 1462, illegit. dau of Edward IV), and had
8J7) Roger Lumley of Ludworth Tower m. Isabel Radcliffe (descended from Edward I), and had
8J8) Agnes Lumley (d. 1564) m. John Lambton of Lambton Castle (c.1505-1549), and had
8J9) Robert Lambton of Lambton Castle (d. 1583) m. Frances Eure (see 3Q10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00057898&tree=LEO

8K4) Eleanor Greystoke m. Sir Ralph Eure, Heir of Witton Castle (d. 1461), and had
8K5) Sir William Eure of Witton Castle (b. 1440) m. 1) Margery Constable, and had
8K6) Sir Ralph Eure of Witton Castle (c.1460-1539) m. twice, and had a son 8K7 & a dau 8M7 (see below)
8K7) William, 1st Baron Eure, by 1st wife (c.1483-1548) m. Elizabeth Willoughby, and had a son 8K8 & a dau 8L8 (see below)
8K8) Sir Ralph Eure of Foulbridge (by1510-1545) m. Margery Bowes (see 3P9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00057911&tree=LEO

8L8) Muriel Eure (d. 1557) m. 1) Sir George Bowes of Streatlam Castle (see 3T9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00472927&tree=LEO

8M7) Joan Eure, by 2nd wife, m. Henry Pudsay of Barforth Hall (1513-1542), and had
8M8) Thomas Pudsay of Barforth Hall (1531-1576) m. Elizabeth Scrope (see K10 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00347164&tree=LEO

8N4) Anne Greystoke (c.1417-1477) m. Sir Ralph Bigod of Settrington (1410-1461), and had 2 daus 8N5 & 8O5 (see below)
8N5) Elizabeth Bigod (c.1443-aft.1507) m. Sir John Aske of Aughton (1443-1497), and had
8N6) Sir Robert Aske of Aughton (c.1463-1531) m. Elizabeth Clifford (see 3X7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00198984&tree=LEO

8O5) Anne Bigod (c.1450-1531) m. William Conyers of Sockburn Hall (c.1445-1490), and had 2 sons 8O6 & 8R6 (see below)
8O6) Christopher Conyers of Sockburn Hall (c.1469-1497) m. Anne Markenfield (d. 1532, descended from Edward I), and had a son 8O7, & 2 daus 8P7 & 8Q7 (see below)
8O7) Sir Thomas Conyers of Sockburn Hall (1491-1520) m. 1) Margaret Radcliffe (d. by 1519), and had
8O8) Sir George Conyers of Sockburn Hall (1509-1567) m. Anne Dawnay (see 7Q7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00410309&tree=LEO

8P7) Joan Conyers m. Nicholas Palmes of Naburn Hall (d. 1551), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00346546&tree=LEO
8P8) Brian Palmes of Naburn Hall (d. 1582) m. 2) Anne Constable (d. 1583), and had
8P9) John Palmes of Naburn Hall m. Joan Dawnay (see 7P8 above)

8Q7) Jane Conyers (d. 1546) m. Sir Robert Scargill of Thorpe Hall (d. 1531), and had
8Q8) Mary Scargill (d. 1579) m. Sir Marmaduke Tunstall of Thurland Castle (1507-1557), and had
8Q9) Elizabeth Tunstall (d. bef.1578) m. Sir John Dawnay of Sessay (see 7O8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00139018&tree=LEO

8R6) Cuthbert Conyers of Layton Hall (c.1488-1558) m. Mary Layton, and had
8R7) John Conyers of Butterwick (d. 1599) m. Jane Oglethorpe, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00346507&tree=LEO
8R8) Sir Ralph Conyers of Layton Hall (d. c.1639) m. Mary Mawe, and had
8R9) Ellen Conyers (1619-1684) m. Thomas Maire of Hardwick Hall (1602-by1680), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00515703&tree=LEO
8R10) Thomas Maire of Hardwick Hall (1650-1685) m. Margaret Appleby (see B13 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00503946&tree=LEO

8S2) Lady Elizabeth of Lancaster, by 1st wife (1364-1425) m. 2) John Holland, 1st Duke of Exeter (c.1358-1400, descended from Edward I), and had a dau 8S3 & a son 8T3 (see below)
8S3) Lady Constance Holland (1386-1437) m. 2) Sir John Grey of Badmondisfield Hall (c.1385-1439, descended from Edward I), and had
8S4) Edmund Grey, 1st Earl of Kent (1416-1490) m. Lady Katherinre Percy (see NN5 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00059129&tree=LEO

8T3) John Holland, 2nd Duke of Exeter (1395-1447) m. 1) Lady Anne Stafford (see 9H3 below), and had
8T4) Lady Anne Holland (1432-1486) m. 2) John, 1st Lord Neville (c.1410-1461, descended from Edward I), and had
8T5) Ralph Neville, 3rd Earl of Westmorland (by1456-1499) m. Isabel Booth, and had a dau 8T6 & a son 8U6 (see below)
8T6) Lady Anne Neville m. 1) William, 1st Baron Conyers (see 6Z5 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00232286&tree=LEO

8U6) Ralph, Lord Neville (d. 1498) m. 2) Edith Sandys (d. 1529), and had
8U7) Ralph Neville, 4th Earl of Westmorland (1498-1549) m. Lady Katherine Stafford (see N8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00191800&tree=LEO

8V2) John Beaufort, 1st Earl of Somerset, by 3rd wife (1373-1410) m. Lady Margaret Holland (1383-1439, descended from Edward I), and had a son 8V3, and a dau 9D3 (see below)
8V3) Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset (1406-1455) m. Lady Eleanor Beauchamp (1408-1467, descended from Edward I), and had a son 8W4 & 3 daus 8V4, 8Y4 & 9C4 (see below)
8V4) Lady Margaret Beaufort (c.1437-1474) m. 1) Humphrey, Earl of Stafford (see 6Q4 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00026562&tree=LEO

8W4) Henry Beaufort, 3rd Duke of Somerset (1436-1464) = Joan Hill, and had
8W5) Charles Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester illegit. (c.1460-1526) m. 1) Lady Elizabeth Herbert (by1461-1507), and had a son 8W6 & a dau 8X6 (see below)
8W6) Henry Somerset, 2nd Earl of Worcester (c.1496-1549) m. Elizabeth Browne (see 5L6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00029366&tree=LEO

8X6) Lady Elizabeth Somerset (d. 1545) m. Sir John Savage of Clifton (1493-1528, descended from Edward I), and had
8X7) Sir John Savage of Clifton (1524-1597) m. Lady Elizabeth Manners (see 4S9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00109148&tree=LEO

[Continued in Part 9]

Brad Verity

Feb 5, 2014, 3:42:38 PM2/5/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:18:26 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> [Continued in Part 9]

8Y4) Lady Eleanor Beaufort (c.1440-1501) m. 2) Sir Robert Spencer of Ashbury (c.1435-1510), and had 2 daus 8Y5 & 8Z5 (see below)
8Y5) Katherine Spencer (1477-1542) m. Henry Algernon Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland (see G7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00002030&tree=LEO

8Z5) Margaret Spencer (b. c.1472) m. Thomas Carey of Moulsford (c.1460-1500, descended from Edward I), and had 2 sons 8Z6 & 9B6 (see below)
8Z6) William Carey of Aldenham (c.1496-1528) m. Lady Mary Boleyn (c.1499-1543, descended from Edward I), and had a dau 8Z7 & a son 9A7 (see below)
8Z7) Katherine Carey (c.1523-1569) m. Sir Francis Knollys of Rotherfield Greys (c.1512-1596), and had
8Z8) Lettice Knollys (1543-1634) m. 1) Walter Devereux, 1st Earl of Essex (see 3N9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00062071&tree=LEO

9A7) Henry Carey, 1st Baron Hunsdon (1526-1596) m. Anne Morgan (1530-1607), and had
9A8) Katherine Carey (c.1549-1603) m. Charles Howard, 1st Earl of Nottingham (1536-1624, descended from Edward I), and had
9A9) Lady Frances Howard (1566-1628) m. 1) Henry Fitzgerald, 12th Earl of Kildare (see 5K8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00008201&tree=LEO

9B6) Sir John Carey of Pleshey (c.1494-1552) m. Joyce Denny (1495-1559), and had
9B7) Sir Edward Carey of Aldenham (c.1540-1618) m. Katherine Knyvett (d. 1622, descended from Edward I), and had
9B8) Elizabeth Carey (b. c.1568) m. John, 1st Baron Savile of Pontefract (see 9C8 below), and had
9B9) Thomas Savile, 1st Earl of Sussex (1591-1659) m. 2) Lady Anne Villiers (see 8B11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00091177&tree=LEO

9C4) Lady Anne Beaufort (1443-bef.1492) m. William Paston of London (1434-1496), and had
9C5) Elizabeth Paston (c.1478-1547) m. 1) Sir John Savile of Thornhill (d. 1505), and had
9C6) Sir Henry Savile of Thornhill (1499-1558) = Margaret Barlaston, and had
9C7) Sir Robert Savile of Barkston, illegit. (c.1525-1585) m. 1) Anne Hussey (c.1515-1562), and had
9C8) John, 1st Baron Savile of Pontefract (1556-1630) m. 2) Elizabeth Carey (see 9B8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00137104&tree=LEO

9D3) Lady Joan Beaufort, Queen of Scotland (c.1403-1445) m. twice, and had 2 sons 9D4 & 9E4 (see below)
9D4) James II, King of Scotland, by 1st husband (1430-1460) m. Mary of Guelders (1433-1463, descended from Edward I), and had
9D5) Princess Mary Stewart (1451-1488) m. 2) James, 1st Lord Hamilton (c.1415-1479), and had
9D6) Elizabeth Hamilton (b. c.1477) m. Matthew Stewart, 2nd Earl of Lennox (by1463-1513), and had
9D7) John Stewart, 3rd Earl of Lennox (c.1495-1526) m. Lady Elizabeth Stewart (see 9E5 below), and had
9D8) John Stuart, 5th Seigneur of Aubigny (c.1519-1567) m. Anne de la Queuille, and had
9D9) Esmé Stuart, 1st Duke of Lennox (c.1543-1583) m. Catherine Balzac (d. c.1631), and had
9D10) Esmé Stuart, 3rd Duke of Lennox (1579-1624) m. Katherine Clifton (see 5G9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00007582&tree=LEO

9E4) John Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl, by 2nd husband (c.1440-1512) m. 2) Lady Eleanor Sinclair (d. 1519), and had
9E5) Lady Elizabeth Stewart m. John Stewart, 3rd Earl of Lennox (see 9D7 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00006018&tree=LEO

9F2) Cardinal Henry Beaufort, by 3rd wife (1375-1447) = unknown mistress, and had
9F3) Jane Beaufort, illegit. (c.1402-1479) m. Sir Edward Stradling of St Donats Castle (c.1389-1453), and had
9F4) Sir Henry Stradling of St Donats Castle (c.1423-1476) m. Elizabeth ap Thomas, and had
9F5) Thomas Stradling of St Donats Castle (c.1454-1480) m. Jennet Matthew (d. 1485), and had
9F6) Siân Stradling (b. c.1480) m. Sir William Griffith of Penrhyn (c.1480-1531, descended from Edward I), and had a son 9F7 & a dau 9G7 (see below)
9F7) Sir Edward Griffith of Port Penrhyn (1511-1540) m. Jane Puleston, and had
9F8) Ellen Griffith (d. 1573) m. Sir Nicholas Bagnall of Newry Castle (c.1510-1591), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00547626&tree=LEO [as dau of Sir Edward]
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00269233&tree=LEO [as mother of Mary]
9F9) Mary Bagnall m. Sir Patrick Barnewall of Turvey House (d. 1622), and had
9F10) Nicholas, 1st Viscount Barnewall of Kingsland (1592-1663) m. Lady Bridget Fitzgerald (see 5K9 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00117173&tree=LEO

9G7) Grace Griffith (b. c.1500) m. William Stanley of Hooton Hall (1499-1547), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00346964&tree=LEO
9G8) Sir Rowland Stanley of Hooton Hall (1524-1613) m. 1) Margaret Aldersey, and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00117735&tree=LEO
9G9) Sir William Stanley of Hooton Hall (1548-1630) m. Elizabeth Egerton (c.1550-1614, descended from Edward I), and had
9G10) William Stanley, Heir of Hooton Hall (1567-1613) m. Anne Herbert (see 6P9 above)

9H1) Thomas of Woodstock, 1st Duke of Gloucester (1355-1397) m. Lady Eleanor de Bohun (1366-1399, descended from Edward I), and had
9H2) Anne Plantagenet, Countess of Buckingham (1383-1438) m. three times, and had a dau 9H3 & 4 sons 9I3, 9J3, 9K3 & 9M3 (see below)
9H3) Lady Anne Stafford, by 2nd husband (c.1400-1432) m. 2) John Holland, 2nd Duke of Exeter (see 8T3 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00026573&tree=LEO

9I3) Humphrey Stafford, 1st Duke of Buckingham, by 2nd husband (1402-1480) m. Lady Anne Neville (see 6Q3 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00026559&tree=LEO

9J3) Henry Bourchier, 1st Earl of Essex, by 3rd husband (1404-1483) m. Lady Isabel Plantagenet (see 4X5 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00108530&tree=LEO

9K3) John Bourchier, 1st Lord Berners, by 3rd husband (c.1411-1474) m. Margery Berners (1409-1475), and had a dau 9K4 & a son 9L4 (see below)
9K4) Joan Bourchier (c.1448-1470) m. Sir Henry Neville, Heir of Latimer (see 7N4 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00057785&tree=LEO

9L4) Sir Humphrey Bourchier (1443-1471) m. Elizabeth Tilney (1446-1497), and had
9L5) Margaret Bourchier, Baroness Bryan (1468-1552) m. 1) Sir Thomas Bryan of Ashridge (d. 1517), and had
9L6) Elizabeth Bryan (d. 1546) m. Sir Nicholas Carew of Beddington (by1496-1539, descended from Edward I), and had
9L7) Mary Carew (b. c.1520) m. Sir Arthur Darcy of Brimham (see 8F8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00113961&tree=LEO

9M3) William Bourchier, 9th Lord FitzWarin, by 3rd husband (c.1409-1469) m. Thomasine Hankford (1423-1453), and had
9M4) Fulk Bourchier, 10th Lord FitzWarin (1445-1479) m. Elizabeth Dinham (c.1450-1516), and had
9M5) John Bourchier, 1st Earl of Bath (1470-1539) m. 1) Cecily Daubeney (b. c.1477), and had a son 9M6 & a dau 9N6 (see below)
9M6) John Bourchier, 2nd Earl of Bath (c.1499-1561) m. 2) Eleanor Manners (see 4T8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00114035&tree=LEO

9N6) Lady Elizabeth Bourchier (d. 1548) m. Edward Chichester of Hounditon (c.1496-1522), and had
9N7) Sir John Chichester of Raleigh (c.1520-1568) m. Gertrude Courtenay (1521-1566, descended from Edward I), and had 2 sons 9N8 & 9O8 (see below)
9N8) Sir John Chichester of Raleigh (1548-1586) m. Anne Denys (see 5Y8 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00325779&tree=LEO

9O8) Edward, 1st Viscount Chichester (1566-1648) m. Anne Copleston (1588-1617), and had
9O9) Hon. Elizabeth Chichester (1607-1670) m. Sir William Wrey, 2nd Baronet of Trebeigh (see P12 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00191779&tree=LEO

9P1) Edmund of Langley, 1st Duke of York (1341-1403) m. 1) Isabel of Castile (1355-1392), and had a son 9P2 & a dau 9Q2 (see below)
9P2) Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Earl of Cambridge (1385-1415) m. 1) Lady Anne Mortimer (see 4M4 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00001699&tree=LEO

9Q2) Lady Constance Plantagenet of York (c.1375-1416) married, and had a lover, and had 2 daus 9Q3 & 9S3 (see below)
9Q3) Lady Isabel Despenser, by husband (1400-1439) m. twice, and had 2 daus 9Q4 & 9R4 (see below)
9Q4) Lady Elizabeth Beauchamp, by 1st husband (1415-1448) m. Edward Neville, 3rd Lord Abergavenny (see 7F3 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00037943&tree=LEO

9R4) Lady Anne Beauchamp, by 2nd husband (1426-1492) m. Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (see 5B4 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00023299&tree=LEO

9S3) Eleanor Holland, illegit. by lover (b. c.1406) m. James Tuchet, 5th Lord Audley (c.1398-1459), and had a son 9S4 & 2 daus 9T4 & 9U4 (see below)
9S4) Sir Humphrey Audley of Middleton (c.1435-1471) m. Elizabeth Courtenay (c.1435-1493, descended from Edward I), and had
9S5) Elizabeth Audley (d. by 1530) m. John Sydenham of Brimpton (c.1468-1542), and had
9S6) Sir John Sydenham of Brimpton (by1493-1557) m. Ursula Brydges (d. 1576), and had
9S7) Anne Sydenham m. Alexander Sydenham of Luxborough (d. 1584), and had
9S8) Elizabeth Sydenham (1562-1595) m. Sir John Poyntz of Iron Acton (c.1560-1633, descended from Edward I), and had
9S9) Elizabeth Poyntz (d. 1673) m. 1) Thomas Butler, Viscount Thurles (c.1590-1619, descended from Edward I), and had
9S10) Hon. Eleanor Butler (1612-1682) m. Donough MacCarthy, 1st Earl of Clancarty (1594-1665, descended from Edward I), and had
9S11) Lady Margaret MacCarthy (d. 1704) m. Luke Plunkett, 3rd Earl of Fingall (see 5K11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00630399&tree=LEO

9T4) Margaret Audley (c.1441-by1481) m. 1) Richard, 1st Lord Gray of Powis (1436-1466, descended from Henry IV), and had
9T5) John, 2nd Lord Gray of Powis (1460-1494) m. Lady Anne Herbert (b. c.1460), and had
9T6) John, 3rd Lord Gray of Powis (c.1485-1504) m. Margaret Dudley (see 7E6 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00247551&tree=LEO

9U4) Constance Audley (b. c.1437) m. Robert Whitney of Whitney (c.1436-1494), and had
9U5) Joan Whitney m. Sir Roger Vaughan of Porthaml (c.1436-1514), and had
9U6) Elsbeth Vaughan m. Thomas Morgan of Machen (d. aft.1538), and had
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00282843&tree=LEO
9U7) Constance Morgan m. William Jones of Treowen, and had
9U8) John Jones of Treowen (d. by 1609) m. Anne Dodington, and had
9U9) William Jones of Treowen (c.1575-1640) m. Jane Gwillim (d. aft.1648), and had
9U10) Sir Philip Jones of Treowen (1602-1660) m. Elizabeth Morgan (see 3L11 above)
http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00628804&tree=LEO

Cheers, -------Brad

Kelsey Jackson Williams

Feb 6, 2014, 5:18:02 AM2/6/14
Dear Brad (et al.),

I've been enjoying your fascinating postings on modern(ish) British descents from medieval royalty. This latest series of descents has prompted some questions on my part which I thought might be of more general interest. While descending 229 times over from a single fourteenth-century individual seems like a lot, it doesn't represent anything close to a meaningful inbreeding coefficient (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient_of_relationship). However, if Miss Trappes-Lomax's descents from Edward III are not a statistical aberration, but represent one example of a much larger number of multiple descents from a limited pool of individuals -- presumably the aristocracy of late medieval Britain -- then I wonder if we might actually be dealing with statistically meaningful inbreeding? If memory serves, this has been discussed here before and about the only genealogical example anyone could provide of long-term, meaningful inbreeding was the Spanish royal family, but I wonder whether evidence of inbreeding over a longer time-frame and larger scale might be revealed by projects like this one?

Again, these are just thoughts off the top of my head (and certainly not supported by any scientific knowledge), but they struck me as potentially of interest for those who study the "deep ancestry" (to borrow a favourite adjective of modern historians) of the British middle and upper classes.

All the best,
Kelsey
http://scottishgenealogy.weebly.com/

al...@mindspring.com

Feb 6, 2014, 6:30:40 AM2/6/14
great work as always

one typo i saw

4F12) John Long of Wraxhall (1616-1652) m. Catherine Paynter, and had
4F13) Anne Long (1657-1705) m. Henry Long of Melksham (1658-1687), and had

not likely she was born five years after her fathers death.

Doug Smith

Brad Verity

Feb 6, 2014, 9:08:58 PM2/6/14
Dear Doug,

Good catch! From Access to Archives/Wiltshire and Swindon Archives/The Long Families of Rood Ashton, South Wraxall, Whaddon, Draycot Cerne and Elsewhere/947/919/1

"1685. Settlement on the marriage of Henry Long of Melksham and Anne, daughter of John Long of South Wraxall (d.1652), of the manor and farm of Collingbourne Ducis. Parties: Long, Aubrey":
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=190-947&cid=-1#-1

John Long of Wraxall was definitely buried in St James Church, South Wraxall, Wiltshire in 1652:
http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/parish-records/results?event=D&recordCount=-1&forenames=JOHN&includeForenamesVariants=true&_includeForenamesVariants=on&surname=LONG&_includeSurnameVariants=on&eventYear=1652&eventYearTolerance=5&birthYear=&birthYearTolerance=5&county=WIL&place=

The monument inscription in St James Church, South Wraxall, for his daughter Anne, wife of Henry Long of Melksham, states "Near this Place lyeth also ye Body of Ann, ye Wife, of Henry Long, Esq. She Departed this life y° 4th of Oct. 1705, Aged 48 years":
http://books.google.ca/books?ei=4D70Ur2mMoXYoAS5tYGgAw&id=rF0zAQAAIAAJ&dq=Near+this+Place+lyeth+also+ye+Body+of+Ann%2C+ye+Wife%2C+of+Henry+Long%2C+Esq.+She+Departed+this+life+y°+4th+of+Oct.+1705%2C+Aged+48+years.&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=1705%2C+Aged+48+years

Clearly, her age at death as stated on her M.I. has to be incorrect.

Thanks & Cheers, -----Brad

Chris Pitt Lewis

Feb 7, 2014, 6:59:50 AM2/7/14
Brad

The will of John Long (indexed by Ancestry as Longe) of South Wraxhall,
Wilts, Esquire dated 19 Feb 1651 (i.e. presumably 1651/2) was proved in
the PCC 12 July 1652. Among other things he leaves property "for and
towards the diet education & mainteynance of all my children That is to
say Elizabeth Long, Katharine Long, Hope Long, Love Longe, and the child
or children which my said wife goeth with or is lately brought to bed
of" [he had previously mentioned his wife Katherine].

If the unborn child was Anne, which seems a reasonable supposition, she
must have been born in 1652.

We know Anne was Hope Long's sister from another document in the
Wiltshire Archives on the page linked in your post:
947/919/2 1685 Articles of agreement between Henry Long of Melksham
and Hope Long of South Wraxall for the discharge of a mortgage raised by
the former on Collingbourne Ducis farm, in consequence of his marriage
to the latter's sister, Anne.

Aren't Hope Long and Love Long brilliant names?
--
Chris Pitt Lewis

Brad Verity

Feb 7, 2014, 2:40:47 PM2/7/14
On Friday, February 7, 2014 3:59:50 AM UTC-8, Chris Pitt Lewis wrote:
> The will of John Long (indexed by Ancestry as Longe) of South Wraxhall,
> Wilts, Esquire dated 19 Feb 1651 (i.e. presumably 1651/2) was proved in
> the PCC 12 July 1652. Among other things he leaves property "for and
> towards the diet education & mainteynance of all my children That is to
> say Elizabeth Long, Katharine Long, Hope Long, Love Longe, and the child
> or children which my said wife goeth with or is lately brought to bed
> of" [he had previously mentioned his wife Katherine].
> If the unborn child was Anne, which seems a reasonable supposition, she
> must have been born in 1652.

Dear Chris,

Many thanks for this. I think, through process of elimination, the unborn child mentioned by John Long in his February 1651/2 will has to have been his daughter Anne. I've made her birthdate 1652 in my database.

This makes her a few years older than her husband Henry Long of Melksham, who was christened 20 May 1658 at St Mary Church, Steeple Ashton, Wiltshire. But this was a marriage of cousins arranged within the Long family, so her being six years older than him is not so extraordinary.

> We know Anne was Hope Long's sister from another document in the
> Wiltshire Archives on the page linked in your post:
> 947/919/2 1685 Articles of agreement between Henry Long of Melksham
> and Hope Long of South Wraxall for the discharge of a mortgage raised by
> the former on Collingbourne Ducis farm, in consequence of his marriage
> to the latter's sister, Anne.

Yes.

> Aren't Hope Long and Love Long brilliant names?

Yes, and I love that John Taylor from the 1980s pop rock group Duran Duran today lives in South Wraxall Manor House, the longtime seat of these Longs:
http://longfamilyofwiltshire.webs.com

Thanks & Cheers, ---Brad

Brad Verity

Mar 5, 2014, 4:00:47 PM3/5/14
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 10:24:37 AM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:
> C6) Isabel Tempest (c.1583-1663) m. Sir Bertram Bulmer of Tursdale (1579-1638, descended from Edward III), and had
> C7) Margaret Bulmer m. 1) John Smythe of Embleton (d. 1649, descended from Edward I), and had

John Higgins asked me off list what the Edward I descent was for John Smythe of Embleton, which I had mentioned above. As it's not immediately obvious in published peerage works, I figure I'd post it.

Edward I had a dau:
1) Joan of Acre (1272-1307) m. 1) Gilbert de Clare, 6th Earl of Gloucester (1243-1295), and had
2) Eleanor de Clare (1292-1337) m. 1) Hugh, 2nd Lord Despenser (c.1289-1326), and had
3) Sir Edward Despenser of Essendine (c.1311-1342) m. Anne Ferrers (c.1315-1367), and had
4) Edward, 4th Lord Despenser (1336-1375) m. Elizabeth Burghersh (1342-1409), and had
5) Elizabeth Despenser (c.1362-1408) m. 1) John Fitzalan, 2nd Lord Arundel (1364-1390), and had
6) Sir Thomas Fitzalan of Betchworth Castle (c.1390-1431) m. Joan Moyne, and had
7) Eleanor Fitzalan m. 1) Sir Thomas Browne of Betchworth Castle (d. 1460), and had
8) Katherine Browne (b. c.1440) m. Humphrey Sackville of Withyham (1436-1488), and had
9) Richard Sackville of Withyham (c.1460-1524) m. Isabel Digges (b. c.1465), and had
10) Mildred Sackville (d. by 1528) m. Sir William Fitzwilliam of Milton (c.1460-1534), and had
11) Mary Fitzwilliam (c.1519-1579) m. John Shelley of Michelgrove House (1506-1550), and had
12) Margaret Shelley (d. 1595) m. Edward Gage of Bentley Park (c.1545-1614), and had
13) Margaret Gage (b. c.1569) m. George Smythe of Eshe Hall (by1564-aft.1621), and had
14) John Smythe of Embleton (d. 1649) m. Margaret Bulmer (descended from Edward IV)

John Smythe of Embleton was ancestor of the Smythe Baronets of Eshe Hall, and of Maria Smythe, Mrs Fitzherbert, the secret Catholic wife of George IV.

Cheers, ----Brad

jhigg...@yahoo.com

Mar 10, 2014, 11:30:16 PM3/10/14
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:38:10 PM UTC-8, Brad Verity wrote:

> 7W5) Margery Greystoke m. Sir Thomas Gray of Chillingham Castle (c.1455-1498, descended from Edward I), and had
>
> 7W6) Sir Ralph Gray of Chillingham Castle (1479-1507) m. Elizabeth --- (d. aft.1532), and had
>
> 7W7) Margery Gray m. 1) Nicholas Thornton of Witton Castle (d. aft.1530), and had 2 sons 7W8 & 7Y8 (see below)
>
> http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00347085&tree=LEO
>
> 7W8) Roger Thornton of Witton Castle m. Margaret Lawson, and had
>
> 7W9) Barbara Thornton m. her 1st cousin John Thornton of Witton-by-the -Waters (see 7Y9 below), and had a son 7W10 & a dau 7X10 (see below)
>
> 7W10) Nicholas Thornton of Witton Castle (d. 1632) m. 2) Jane Radcliffe (see 3S12 above)
>

> 7X10) Dorothy Thornton m. William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall, and had*
>
> 7X11) William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1682) m. 3) Elizabeth Musgrave (see 3Y14 above)
>

> *Dorothy Thornton was married to William Charlton, as his first wife, by 1615:
>
> http://www.archive.org/stream/visitationofnort00sainrich#page/50/mode/2up
>
> There is a possibility that William Charlton #7X11 above was William Charlton's son by his second wife Elizabeth Fenwick of Blagdon Hall.
>

> 7Y8) Lawrence Thornton of Witton-by-the-Waters m. Elizabeth Collingwood, and had
>
> 7Y9) John Thornton of Witton-by-the-Waters m. his 1st cousin Barbara Thornton (see 7W9 above)

The reference to Dorothy Thornton in the URL above is to the 1615 Visitation of Northumberland. It says that Dorothy married Edward, not William, Charlton and doesn't indicate whether the husband (whoever he was) was married multiple times. Thus it does not really support the account of the Charlton family in BLG, referenced earlier in this thread, that William Charlton of Hesleyside marrried (1) Dorothy Thornton of Netherwitton and (2) Elizabeth Fenwick of Blagdon without identifying either wife as the mother of the children And accordingly it does not support an Edward III descent for the children of William Charlton.

There is another piece of evidence which also argues against the connection via Dorothy Thornton. There is a very detailed and generally well documented pedigree of the family of Charlton of Hesleyside in vol. 15 (pub. 1940) of the [new] "History of Northumberland". It assigns all of the children of William Charlton to Elizabeth Fenwick, indicated to be his sole wife - and doesn't even mention Dorothy Thornton. The source for this, and specifically the details on Elizabeth Fenwick, is identified in a footnote as a "Pedigree dated 25 August 1695, by Robert Dale Blanch Lion, 'from the information of my Lady Charlton", now at Hesleyside".

William Charlton is known to have been living in 1648, so the 1695 pedigree is less than half a century later - and thus reasonably contemporaneous. There is no doubt some reason why the BLG pedigree mentions Dorothy Thornton, but without further evidence there doesn't seem to be adequate support at the moment for the conjecture that she was the mother of William's children (or even his wife necessarily). Thus his children appear to lose the Edward III descents given in Brad's very thorough series of posts.

Brad Verity

Mar 15, 2014, 2:04:34 PM3/15/14
On Monday, March 10, 2014 8:30:16 PM UTC-7, jhigg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> The reference to Dorothy Thornton in the URL above is to the 1615 Visitation of Northumberland. It says that Dorothy married Edward, not William, Charlton and doesn't indicate whether the husband (whoever he was) was married multiple times. Thus it does not really support the account of the Charlton family in BLG, referenced earlier in this thread, that William Charlton of Hesleyside marrried (1) Dorothy Thornton of Netherwitton and (2) Elizabeth Fenwick of Blagdon without identifying either wife as the mother of the children And accordingly it does not support an Edward III descent for the children of William Charlton.
> There is another piece of evidence which also argues against the connection via Dorothy Thornton. There is a very detailed and generally well documented pedigree of the family of Charlton of Hesleyside in vol. 15 (pub. 1940) of the [new] "History of Northumberland". It assigns all of the children of William Charlton to Elizabeth Fenwick, indicated to be his sole wife - and doesn't even mention Dorothy Thornton. The source for this, and specifically the details on Elizabeth Fenwick, is identified in a footnote as a "Pedigree dated 25 August 1695, by Robert Dale Blanch Lion, 'from the information of my Lady Charlton", now at Hesleyside".

Many thanks, John, for looking into this, and for sending me the Charlton of Hesleyside pedigree from the 1940 volume of 'History of Northumberland'. I agree that the pedigree is very thorough, and should be viewed as more authoritative than the BLG pedigree.

I had assumed that Dorothy Thornton's husband being called 'Edward' Charlton in the 1615 Visitation pedigree of the Thorntons was an error, with the family mistaking the name of her eldest son Edward for that of her husband William Charlton. But now that it seems as if Dorothy Thornton wasn't married to William Charlton at all, it's curious as to which Charlton she was married to. Looking at the 1940 pedigree, her husband could have been "Edward Charlton, alias Heron reputed son [of Edward Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1614), presumably by his 2nd wife Elizabeth, dau of Sir George Heron of Chipchase, born before their marriage], his father made him a grant of Anton Hill; Hesleyside was settled upon him failing the heirs male of William, son of Matthew Charlton, 6th September, 1605; gave evidence in 1616, then aged 40". The chronology certainly works.

> William Charlton is known to have been living in 1648, so the 1695 pedigree is less than half a century later - and thus reasonably contemporaneous. There is no doubt some reason why the BLG pedigree mentions Dorothy Thornton, but without further evidence there doesn't seem to be adequate support at the moment for the conjecture that she was the mother of William's children (or even his wife necessarily). Thus his children appear to lose the Edward III descents given in Brad's very thorough series of posts.

Also, looking at the names of the children of William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall - Edward, William, Matthew, Francis, Katherine, Ann - none fit as children of Dorothy Thornton, whose own parents were named John and Barbara.

Just to clarify, Diana Silvertop Trappes-Lomax still has John Thornton of Witton-by-the-Waters and his first cousin wife Barbara Thornton of Witton Castle, as ancestors. She has a valid line of descent from them thru their son Nicholas Thornton of Witton Castle (d. 1632). What Diana loses is their daughter Dorothy Thornton as an ancestor. The mother of Diana's ancestor William Charlton of Hesleyside Hall (d. 1682) should be changed from Dorothy Thornton to Elizabeth, daughter of William Fenwick of Blagdon Hall. I've done so in my database.

Thanks & Cheers, -----Brad

loretta...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2018, 5:07:31 PM9/13/18
Hi brad , I have just been reading you extensive history on Diana silvertop , I understand that it's been 4 years since this article was posted , but I am anxious to make contact with anyone who might have information on the silvertop family . In particular whether Diana has any living sons or daughters . The reason I'm anxious to get in contact with any living relative is very unique , so if by any chance you can help me I would be very grateful
Yours sincerely Kevin

Brad Verity

Sep 15, 2018, 3:06:36 PM9/15/18
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 2:07:31 PM UTC-7, loretta...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi brad , I have just been reading you extensive history on Diana silvertop , I understand that it's been 4 years since this article was posted , but I am anxious to make contact with anyone who might have information on the silvertop family . In particular whether Diana has any living sons or daughters . The reason I'm anxious to get in contact with any living relative is very unique , so if by any chance you can help me I would be very grateful
> Yours sincerely Kevin

Dear Kevin,

The Trappes-Lomax family that Diana Silvertop married into is covered in the Stafford article in the most recent edition of Burke's Peerage (2003), p. 3710. Her eldest two children are deceased without issue, but her younger daughter is widowed with three children and twelve grandchildren. So plenty of descendants.

Your best route would be to try and contact Diana's youngest child, John Trappes-Lomax, a former schoolmaster and published author of a family history work. He may be open to inquires about the genealogy of the Trappes-Lomax and Silvertop families. Here is his entry from Burke's Peerage:
“2e ●John Michael [John Trappes-Lomax Esquire, 131 Southgate St, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 2AF]; b 23 April 1947; educ Downside and Gonville and Caius College Cambridge (MA); schoolmaster 1974-97; author The Lingard-Lomax Letters (2000).”

Also, if you can track down the 1952 edition of Burke's Landed Gentry, it has an article on the Silvertop of Minsteracres family (p. 2312).

Hope this helps - good luck with your research.

Cheers, -----Brad

loretta...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2018, 10:37:24 AM9/25/18
Dear brad , thanks for your speedy reply . You might be interested in my connection with the silvertop family but I would rather discuss it outside the group , if so let me know . Thanks again for your help