Re: Peter Stewart's Descent From The Cavendish Family/ Dukes of Devonshire

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 8, 2005, 5:25:28 PM7/8/05
Yes, there is indeed an element of fantasy and subterranean dark secrets
in Peter's alleged descent from the Dukes of Devonshire.

Actually, it seems Peter's descent from the Dukes of Devonshire may well
be an illegitimate, or otherwise tainted, descent -- hence Peter's
unwillingness to discuss it.

Peter allegedly descends -- under whatever questionable circumstances --
from William Cavendish [1720-1764], the 4th Duke of Devonshire. He was
Prime Minister 1756-1757 -- as a Whig.

Whether Peter descends from the left side or right side of the blanket
is the issue.

He told me his mother made him promise never to reveal his Ancestry.

Since the Queen Mother is descended from this same 4th Duke of
Devonshire [she was his 3rd Great-Granddaughter] -- Peter Stewart is
allegedly closely related to her [a Fourth or Fifth Cousin] and, of
course, to the Queen.

However, Peter, is loathe to reveal the precise descent -- perhaps for
quite obvious reasons.

New, But Related Subject, Upon Which Stewart Has Posted Malicious
Gibberish:

As to Douglas Richardson, of course I criticized him quite severely in
the past, it's all on the record -- and Douglas then turned over a new
leaf.

I'm always happy to see that -- and if I played some role in Douglas
Richardson's transformation, conversion to virtue and turning towards
the light -- thereby producing a good work product and providing for his
six children -- I'm happy to have been of service.

I'm sure the Good People of Salt Lake City also played an important role
in Douglas's transformation.

Peter Stewart, _au contraire_, has clearly turned to the Dark Side of
the Force.

'Nuff Said.

Deus Vult.

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"John Brandon" <starb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| >I see you are still fantasising about me and aristocracy. Truly
| >pitiful.
|
| Peter, of course I am utterly fascinated by you and would like to know
| exactly how you descend from the Cavendish/ Devonshires. Any
| information gratefully received!

Message has been deleted

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 8, 2005, 6:04:43 PM7/8/05
Indeed.

We note with amusement he has closed up tighter than a good, healthy
Cherrystone clam.

DSH

| >>He told me his mother made him promise never to reveal his Ancestry.
|

| Maybe she realized that he was an incredibly snobbish and pompous
| child from the start, and knew that he would be beaten mercilessly
| if he mentioned his relationship to the uppity-ups.
|
| Or maybe she wanted his silence to prevent inconvenient things
| happening--for instance, someone looking in Burke's or Debrett's
| _Peerage_ or the _Landed Gentry_ and noticing that the descent really
| couldn't come about in quite the way claimed.

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 8, 2005, 6:20:23 PM7/8/05
Indeed.

We note with amusement he has closed up tighter than a good, healthy
Cherrystone clam.

Peter Stewart has clearly lit out for the tall grass with his tail
between his legs -- whining.

Peter is decidedly one of the most proficient WHINERS on USENET -- and
stands head and shoulders above anyone else on SGM -- on that score.

Deeeeelightful!

Deus Vult.

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Peter Stewart

Jul 8, 2005, 7:32:49 PM7/8/05

"John Brandon" <starb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>He told me his mother made him promise never to reveal his Ancestry.
>
> Maybe she realized that he was an incredibly snobbish and pompous child
> from the start, and knew that he would be beaten mercilessly if he
> mentioned his relationship to the uppity-ups.
>
> Or maybe she wanted his silence to prevent inconvenient things
> happening--for instance, someone looking in Burke's or Debrett's
> _Peerage_ or the _Landed Gentry_ and noticing that the descent really
> couldn't come about in quite the way claimed.

I see that Brandon is too idiotic to shut up on matters that he knows
nothing about.

I have never claimed ANYTHING at all about my descent from the Cavensidh
family except to confirm that this exists after Hines got it egregiously
wrong.

I have repeatedly said that it means NOTHING to me anyway. It is remote, and
I have far more interesting ancestors than those.

And Brandon ought to know, since he is fixated on British aristocracy, that
linkages through females are not traced far in those works. My surname is
not Cavendish, and he will be wasting his time looking for an agnatic or
close cognatic descent. The link goes through several other familes.

Peter Stewart

Peter Stewart

Jul 8, 2005, 7:34:24 PM7/8/05

"D. Spencer Hines" <pogue...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<baldersnip>

> New, But Related Subject, Upon Which Stewart Has Posted Malicious
> Gibberish:

You wrote it, Hines.

The archive has many such nuggets yet to be unearthed.

They will be....

Peter Stewart

Peter Stewart

Jul 8, 2005, 7:36:45 PM7/8/05

> Indeed.
>
> We note with amusement he has closed up tighter than a good, healthy
> Cherrystone clam.

I was never open about this - it is of no more interest than a single
element of the 18th-century ancestry of anyone else on this newsgroup, and I
do not intend to waste bandwidth on it. I never did - that was yor work, and
Brandon's. All aquiver with excitement at a ducal title, wetting yourselves
to find out details of a huge NOTHING.

Peter Stewart

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 8, 2005, 8:37:12 PM7/8/05
Hilarious!

First Pogue Stewart runs for the tall grass.

Then he pauses in his headlong flight to throw two more grenades at
Douglas Richardson, one at Spencer Hines ---- and three Red Herrings at
the newsgroup -- hoping to divert attention from his sorry plight.

Douglas has done nothing wrong. He's just had two books published which
Pogue Stewart hasn't even SEEN, much less READ, but is determined to
CONDEMN.

Pogues On The Run!

The last thing Peter wants to do is actually show us his descent from
William Cavendish, 4th Duke of Devonshire, several other Prime Ministers
and nobles -- and the Stewarts -- because THAT would let the cat out of
the bag -- several cats.

Deeeeelightful! As Theodore Roosevelt would say.

Deus Vult.

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.

"The final happiness of man consists in the contemplation of truth....
This is sought for its own sake, and is directed to no other end beyond
itself." Saint Thomas Aquinas, [1224/5-1274] "Summa Contra Gentiles"
[c.1258-1264]

"Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Odi profanum vulgus et arceo."

Quintus Aurelius Stultus [33 B.C. - 42 A.D.]

Prosecutio stultitiae est gravis vexatio, executio stultitiae coronat
opus.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor

Leo

Jul 8, 2005, 7:52:18 PM7/8/05
Isn't it about time Spencer Hines revealed his own glorious ancestry? He has
been playing coy about his own ancestry for years.

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 8, 2005, 8:49:25 PM7/8/05
I stand by everything I have written on this matter.

I say again, for the benefit of the Poor Reader and Meretricious
Poster -- Pogue Stewart:
----------------------------

New, But Related Subject, Upon Which Pogue Stewart Has Posted Malicious
Gibberish:

As to Douglas Richardson, of course I criticized him quite severely in

Peter Stewart

Jul 8, 2005, 7:57:51 PM7/8/05
For his next trick Hines will swim UP the Niagara Falls.

Peter Stewart

"D. Spencer Hines" <pogue...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Peter Stewart

Jul 8, 2005, 8:20:01 PM7/8/05

"D. Spencer Hines" <pogue...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> As to Douglas Richardson, of course I criticized him quite severely in
> the past, it's all on the record -- and Douglas then turned over a new
> leaf.

All that has changed since November 2003, as we all know, is the attitude of
Hines, because in the interval he was caught out and humiliated in his deep
ignorance of Latin. This reversal of his own making demolished his
longstanding pose as a man of learning and high cultivation (a fiiction of
the ill-educated anyway, since Latin is just another language, that was once
a vulgar tongue, not rocket science).

Hines subscribes to the base, self-serving and egocentric principle of "my
enemy's enemy is my friend". That led him to try mending his bridges with
Richardson, but the latter is not quite a stupid as Hines thinks and hasn't
yet fallen off this rickety new pontoon into the river of poison that roils
around his former critic, the dishonest and vituperative D. (for "Dayne")
Spencer Hines.

Peter Stewart

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 8, 2005, 9:16:09 PM7/8/05
Nonsense, Leo!

My ancestry is by no means "glorious".

Descents from Edward III are a dime a dozen.

Tens of millions, perhaps hundreds of millions, of us have such
descents. I have pointed that out on NUMEROUS occasions. Check The
Archives.

No 18th Century Dukes or British Prime Ministers in my Ancestry. Thank
God!

My ancestors had the Good Sense to leave Britain -- three and some
almost four hundred years ago -- and come to America -- God Bless 'Em.

A slice of them were French Huguenots -- so they were glad to see the
last of the tyrannical Louis XIV and his ilk as well.

However, Pogue Stewart is descended from at least three British Prime
Ministers, a gaggle of Dukes and Duchesses, Edward IV, Charles II and
Henry VII ---- by either the left or right side of the blanket.

But he's afraid to tell us how -- for fear of what will indubitably be
revealed.

He ought to tell us about the ancestor that lost all the Family Money on
the horses too.

Hell, Pogue Stewart is about a Fifth Cousin of Queen Elizabeth II. I
kid you not.

And you think he's not proud of that -- because of all the poor-mouthing
and backing and filling he has been doing here lately?

Hilarious!

Think Again....

DSH

""Leo"" <l...@home.netspeed.com.au> wrote in message

Peter Stewart

Jul 8, 2005, 8:34:35 PM7/8/05

"D. Spencer Hines" <pogue...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> He ought to tell us about the ancestor that lost all the Family Money on
> the horses too.

That was ME, and I'm not my own ancestor. Hines knows NOTHING about it and
yet makes wild assertions.

> Hell, Pogue Stewart is about a Fifth Cousin of Queen Elizabeth II. I
> kid you not.

Closer, and it means nothing to me or, I'm quite confident in saying, to
her. She must have thousands of relatives within this degree.

> And you think he's not proud of that -- because of all the poor-mouthing
> and backing and filling he has been doing here lately?

Why on earth should I be proud of that? It reflects no credit on me in any
way. The queen has disreputable cousins - some would say even children - and
descends no more distantly than from our common ancestors from other people
who were tavern-keepers, trademen and such. She is not a demi-godess, beyond
the fevered snobbery of Hines and Brandon, just flesh and (to some of us
closer, to all others more distantly) blood.

Peter Stewart

Leo

Jul 8, 2005, 8:47:55 PM7/8/05
Playing hide and seek as you have, without going into details is very
different from Peter Stewart who as far as I know has never referred
publicly to historical people as cousins or uncles. Tantalising people with
claimed descents from royalty is making ones ancestors glorious, intended or
not.

Jul 8, 2005, 11:32:13 PM7/8/05
Hilarious!

NOW Pogue Stewart tells us HE is the one who lost the Family Fortune on
the HORSES -- after dropping out of OXFORD -- because he was severely
BRAIN-DAMAGED as a result of having fallen off his motorcycle while
DRUNK -- and banging his wee NOODLE against the cobblestones.

Vanessa, I tell you, it just doesn't get any better than this.

The Idle Australian Rich, Close Cousin To The Queen -- Reduced To
Pratfall!!!

Abundanza!

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor.

Peter Stewart

Jul 8, 2005, 10:43:37 PM7/8/05
Hines evidently goes through life imagining that everyone must have guilty
or shamelful secrets to hide.

I don't.

But I can see how his grotesque self-obsession leads him to project this
twisted idea onto the world at large.

Peter Stewart

"D. Spencer Hines" <pogue...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 9, 2005, 12:07:48 AM7/9/05
Hilarious!

NOW Pogue Stewart tells us HE is the one who lost the Family Fortune on
the HORSES -- after dropping out of OXFORD -- because he was severely
BRAIN-DAMAGED as a result of having fallen off his motorcycle while
DRUNK -- and banging his wee NOODLE against the cobblestones.

We see the results of that unfortunate event right here on SGM every
day.

Delirious!

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 9, 2005, 2:39:17 PM7/9/05
Hilarius Magnus Cum Laude!

NOW Peter 'Pogue' Stewart tells us HE is the one who lost the Stewart

Family Fortune on the HORSES -- after dropping out of OXFORD -- because
he was severely BRAIN-DAMAGED as a result of having fallen off his

motorcycle while DRUNK -- and banging his wee, clogged NOODLE against
the cobblestones.

We see the results of that unfortunate "accident" right here on SGM
every day.

Delirious!

Veronique, I tell you, it just shouldn't get any better than this -- yet
it always does.

The Idle Australian Rich, Fourth Cousin To Queen Elizabeth II [Or
Perhaps Even Closer] -- Reduced To Egregious Pratfall & Disgrace!!!