Aljazeera says "THANKS CANADA!'

BfB

Jul 8, 2004, 12:54:14 PM7/8/04
Boycott Canada!

Fleeing US soldiers seek asylum in Canada
Thursday 08 July 2004, 13:31 Makka Time, 10:31 GMT
The soldiers will appear in court again in October

Two US soldiers pleading for asylum in Canada after walking out on their
units over fierce objections to the Iraq war have appeared in a Toronto
courtroom.

Jeremy Hinzman, 25, attended a technical pre-hearing at Canada's Immigration
and Refugee Board (IRB) in Toronto on Wednesday, supported by another
fugitive American soldier Brandon Hughey.

The IRB set a refugee status hearing for 20, 21 and 22 October for Hinzman,
said board spokesman Charles Hawkins.

No court date has yet been set for Hughey, whose case was not heard on
Wednesday. No testimony was taken at the hearing, a legal formality to map
out the parameters of the case.

The controversy surrounding the two men has ignited controversy in the
United States, and sympathy in Canada, especially among those who opposed
the Iraq war.
http://tinyurl.com/3h5cq

James Linn

Jul 8, 2004, 8:47:35 PM7/8/04

"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:k_6dnVZoV-q...@adelphia.com...

Not at all clear how they will rule on this one.

In the Vietnam war, Canada granted asylum to many draft dodgers -but there
was a draft on.

These guys volunteered for the military - and then changed their minds. Not
sure what their case is - gee we didn't know we'd be sent to war when we
signed up? Or we thought we might get to pick and choose our battles?

James Linn

BfB

Jul 8, 2004, 9:25:00 PM7/8/04

"James Linn" <jl...@iSPAMBLOCKdirect.com> wrote in message
Canadas' outright dissing of America, in print, radio, and they even ban
Foxnews...will come back to haunt them.......

Michilín

Jul 8, 2004, 11:08:09 PM7/8/04
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:54:14 -0400, "BfB" <_@-._> wrote:

>Boycott Canada!

Grow up.

Ask yourself why two US soldiers had to come to Canada to be treated
fairly. If you don't know the answer, it's "Guantanamo".

What have you to say about your pilot who disobeyed orders, murdered
four Canadian soldiers and got off with a $3,500 fine?

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 8, 2004, 11:12:08 PM7/8/04

You witless fascist; don't you know that the Geneva Convention, which
you have never obeyed except when it suited you, says that a soldier
must not be punished for refusing to obey an illegal order.

Invading Iraq to rape its oil resources is not a legal reason to go to
war.

Michilín

BfB

Jul 9, 2004, 7:25:28 AM7/9/04

"Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:40ee0b95.1439970@news...
For a grown man you have quite a dysfunctional outlook on reality.
I would never have the temerity to comment on any soldiers death in a
negative way, regardless of the circumstances, you, on the other hand, show
your cards, using any circumstance to further your hatred for America.
"Guantanamo" indeed. I'll see if I can get the CIA to send a black
helicopter and take *you* to "Guantanamo". Get a grip on reality. It will be
at your doorstep sooner than you think. Oh, and I'll see to it that you get
a souvenir tinfoil cap.

BfB

Jul 9, 2004, 7:29:09 AM7/9/04

"Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:40ee0c6e.1657393@news...
Well, commissar, I'll look for your coronation on CNN, or were you the guy
in plastic shorts screaming about 'they' (everyone knows who 'they' are) in
Boston Common the other day?

Madra Dubh

Jul 9, 2004, 8:01:12 AM7/9/04

"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:aZ-dnZg8_uw...@adelphia.com...

> For a grown man you have quite a dysfunctional outlook on reality.
> I would never have the temerity to comment on any soldiers death in a
> negative way, regardless of the circumstances, you, on the other hand,
show
> your cards, using any circumstance to further your hatred for America.
> "Guantanamo" indeed. I'll see if I can get the CIA to send a black
> helicopter and take *you* to "Guantanamo". Get a grip on reality. It will
be
> at your doorstep sooner than you think. Oh, and I'll see to it that you
get
> a souvenir tinfoil cap.

Bob, Brace yourself.
His next move will be to start screaming obscenities.
You are dealing with Mister Meds here.

Michilín

Jul 9, 2004, 10:57:32 AM7/9/04

I don't even live in your nasty country and have no intention of ever
visiting it again as I loathe fascists.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 9, 2004, 11:04:59 AM7/9/04

I don't think your grasp on reality is as strong as I had hoped. Your
country's cavalier treatment of Canada's dead, killed because two of
your pilots deliberately disobeyed their orders and bombed, killed and
injured Canadian troops in Afghanistan, has gained you no friends in
this side of the border.

Why do you think Canada declined to join with you in your Iraqi
adventure? Because we don't have that many men to sacrifice to
American stupidity, incompetence and lack of interest in the safety of
non-American allies.

The British now will not even fight in the same region as you. You
have become military pariahs; the lepers of the world's armies.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 9, 2004, 11:14:55 AM7/9/04

diapers, you sad, toothless, venomous, back-stabbing, failed wannabe.

Conway Caine nach maireann (the late Conway Caine)
Cho fuar ris a’ phuinnsean, cho marbh ri sgadan.
(As cold as poison, as dead as a herring.)

Michilín

Cory Bhreckan

Jul 9, 2004, 1:20:56 PM7/9/04

Now now, let's not paint with such a broad brush. Are you implying that
you don't have idiots in Scotland?

> Michilín

Cory Bhreckan

Jul 9, 2004, 1:22:27 PM7/9/04

Oops, that should have been Canada.

Duke of URL

Jul 9, 2004, 4:45:29 PM7/9/04
"Cory Bhreckan" <CBhr...@maelstrom.com> wrote in message

> > I don't even live in your nasty country and have no intention of ever
> > visiting it again as I loathe fascists.
>
> Now now, let's not paint with such a broad brush. Are you implying that
> you don't have idiots in Scotland?

Paterson's not in Scotland - he's a Canadian. And they have plenty of
fascists there.
--
The One-and-only Holy MosesT

Cory Bhreckan

Jul 9, 2004, 5:58:59 PM7/9/04

You didn't see my correction in my next post. I hit send just as I
realised my mistake. As for fascist idiots in Canada, don't I know it. I
have a cousin in Calgary, she's been telling me stories.

Michilín

Jul 9, 2004, 7:04:28 PM7/9/04

No, we did, but most of them have been deported back to the US.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 9, 2004, 7:12:16 PM7/9/04
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:45:29 -0500, "Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net>
wrote:

At least I'm a Scot, born and bred and not some yokel from Nebraska.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 9, 2004, 7:27:54 PM7/9/04

Well right now, Yankee boy, we're musing over the fact that the price
of killing a Canadian soldier is set at around a grand by order of an
American military tribunal which just let a US pilot off with a fine
of $3,500 for killing four Canadians and wounding four more while
disobeying an order not to attack them. This will be like those
tribunals you have in Guantanamo which can hang people without having
to go through the bother of collecting evidence of their guilt or
providing any sort of a defence for them.

I think I speak for most Canadians and large numbers of Scots when I
say that your Armed Forces shouldn't be out in public without a leash
and I think the word fascist is applicable and reasonable in this
instance as our men weren't even your prisoners but were actually
fighting on the "Coalition" side!

Americans are not flavour of the week in Canada. This incident is why
we did not join you in your disgraceful Iraqi disaster, and now that
we've seen the contempt with which your country treats our dead, don't
count on us for anything else in the near future. We beat the shit out
of you in 1812 - let's just leave it at that.

Michilín

Message has been deleted

Duke of URL

Jul 9, 2004, 9:20:36 PM7/9/04
"MacHamish" <rus...@concentric.net> wrote in message

> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:12:16 GMT, mich...@shaw.ca (Michilín) wrote:
> >On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:45:29 -0500, "Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net>
> >wrote:
> >>Paterson's not in Scotland - he's a Canadian. And they have plenty of
> >>fascists there.

> >At least I'm a Scot, born and bred and not some yokel from Nebraska.
>
> My condolences to the Scots.

Well, at least I haven't been run out of two countries for my, ahem,
business practices...

THE Old Man

Jul 10, 2004, 12:06:20 AM7/10/04
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:29:09 -0400, "BfB" <_@-._> wrote:

BfB, I'm sure you know that you have the mother of all trolls.

Just my opinion.

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 12:08:07 AM7/10/04
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:20:36 -0500, "Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net>
wrote:

>"MacHamish" <rus...@concentric.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:12:16 GMT, mich...@shaw.ca (Michilín) wrote:
>
>> >At least I'm a Scot, born and bred and not some yokel from Nebraska.
>>
>> My condolences to the Scots.
>
>Well, at least I haven't been run out of two countries for my, ahem,
>business practices...

And you never will be because there's no law in Canada or the UK
against selling gay sex.

Michilín

THE Old Man

Jul 10, 2004, 12:10:00 AM7/10/04
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:27:54 GMT, mich...@shaw.ca (Michilín) wrote:

>I think I speak for most Canadians and large numbers of Scots

and I'll bet they are all just jumping up and down they are so happy.

THE Old Man

Jul 10, 2004, 12:11:05 AM7/10/04
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:01:12 GMT, "Madra Dubh"
<cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Mr OVERmeds is my take on him.

THE Old Man

Jul 10, 2004, 12:12:40 AM7/10/04

I think his real name is MICHELIN as he seems to think he's a big
wheel but just runs around in circles.

Robert Peffers

Jul 10, 2004, 5:56:52 AM7/10/04

"THE Old Man" <bubbad...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Frae Auld Bob Peffers,
No! The very best trolls are the ones who are not immediately detectable.
These get much attention before their victims slowly realise they are being
trolled. This one is strictly a learner, (and not a very good one).
--

Aefauldlie, (Scots word for Honestly),
Robert, (Auld Bob), Peffers,

---
Aa ootgannin screivings maun hae nae wee beasties wi thaim..

VOR

Jul 10, 2004, 7:28:40 AM7/10/04
In message <ccoegu$5e0$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Peffers
<b...@peffers50.freeserve.co.uk> writes

The quality is indeed poor. The whole thread does not qualify much
higher than a farting contest.

To attract me it would have to rise several notches... ~}:)>

--
VOR

Madra Dubh

Jul 10, 2004, 8:03:12 AM7/10/04

"MacHamish" <rus...@concentric.net> wrote in message
> My condolences to the Scots.

Well, he says he is a Scot, Mac.
But who believes anything that comes out of his mouth?

Madra Dubh

Jul 10, 2004, 8:07:01 AM7/10/04

"THE Old Man" <bubbad...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

As I once said, Donald, had he been born in the South (God between us and
all harm) he would now be in someone's attic.

Madra Dubh

Jul 10, 2004, 8:10:17 AM7/10/04

"THE Old Man" <bubbad...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

This demented soul seems to delight in giving out with the implied death
threats.
I wonder if he once again is positioning himself as speaking for most

Canadians and large numbers of Scots

Rest assured, beating up on women seems to be about the extent of his
martial valor.

Lachie

Jul 10, 2004, 9:55:01 AM7/10/04
Capturing in this missive, in the sparing prose of Rambaud,
<pKj9t8Eo...@finhall.demon.co.uk>, and displaying the suave and
sophisticated disposition of Archibald Leach, VOR
<Voice-o...@finhall.demon.co.uk> sgrìobh,

I can assure you after travelling through India for a couple of months,
the idea of a farting contest is apogee of wish fulfilment.

--
Lachie.
Deuteronomy 23:13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be,

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 10:50:39 AM7/10/04

Oh dear - the senility is really taking a grip, isn't it?

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 10:54:09 AM7/10/04

Aye, an forbye, Ah've jist been tellt they're burlin an dauncin oan
the stritts o Monymusk!

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 10:56:00 AM7/10/04

We're all entitled to one. no matter how foolish or immature.

That's democracy for you! Just give us the word and we'll send you
information on the subject.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 10:58:07 AM7/10/04

You have obviously never attended an American pork and beans fest.

>--
>Lachie.
>Deuteronomy 23:13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be,
>when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back
>and cover that which cometh from thee:

Michilín

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 10:58:08 AM7/10/04

"Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:40ef26bb.2606938@news...
Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers, insanely jealous of the fact
that, without the US you would be more of a frozen wilderness than you
already are. Mr. Scanadian. HA!

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 11:00:46 AM7/10/04

"Robert Peffers" <b...@peffers50.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Frae Auld Bob Peffers,
> No! The very best trolls are the ones who are not immediately detectable.
> These get much attention before their victims slowly realise they are
being
> trolled. This one is strictly a learner, (and not a very good one).
> --

Gees, a mindreader with a sig longer than his attention span, what a
surprise.

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 11:02:28 AM7/10/04

"Madra Dubh" <cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Bob, Brace yourself.
> His next move will be to start screaming obscenities.
> You are dealing with Mister Meds here.

I like to get worked up before I go trolling for real fish. Stripers on the
barbie 2nite!!

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 11:04:22 AM7/10/04

"Madra Dubh" <cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
HA! Good one!!!!

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 11:05:26 AM7/10/04

"VOR" <Voice-o...@finhall.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <ccoegu$5e0$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert > To attract me it

would have to rise several notches... ~}:)>

> --
> VOR
Thanks for stopping by.

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:08:20 AM7/10/04

Oh my God, there's a real cracker - I think my sides are going to
split!!! And it's an international joke too! Imagine an American
knowing something as obscure as the name of a French tyre!!!

Wo lernten Sie english, Adolf?

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:11:53 AM7/10/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:10:17 GMT, "Madra Dubh"
<cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

I wonder what Carrie would have to say about that?

Michilín

VOR

Jul 10, 2004, 11:12:17 AM7/10/04
In message <ObyfwDB1U$7AF...@paradise.by.the.dashboard.light>, Lachie
<noos@[127.0.0.1]> writes

LOL...

--
VOR

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 12:07:25 PM7/10/04

Weel, it's nae but clishmaclaver whit yer tak is, fur e'en gin yer
mither was frichtit be a wee Scoattie dug whan hurlin ye aroon in hur
waim, yon disnae mak ye a Scot. Oo luik tae ither daeins, like nae
gaun oan in yon menseless wey ye aa aye dae, cryin doon wur hameland
an wur weys. Haudin a collie-shangie in by wi's isna gaun tae mak ye
ony freens.

Moopin an mellin wi yon stoiterin cankrie sumph Caine an aa hes gingin
oan wi hes clavers an havers disnae tak ye onywhaur wi these fowkies
in by, Ah maun rede ye, Sae dinna get owre pack an thick wi hem gin
ye'r set oan biding in by. A'se tellt ye afore, ye cannae spik tae es
fowkies here in thi wey ye aa ging oan wi yin anither in Americay.
Forbye, the hale crood o ye gowks hingin aroon is a recht mishanter,
fur ye're nae mair cried Scots than oo're Ingliss; ye jist dinna hae
whit it taks staumrels like ye tae haud yersel oot as Jock Tamson's
bairns. Mind whit Ah've tellt ye noo!

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 12:22:46 PM7/10/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:07:01 GMT, "Madra Dubh"
<cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

If I had been born in the south...

I liked Dixie. I was really impressed by how much smarter the blacks
are than the whites. One black told me that all the dumb blacks were
hanged by the KKK, while inbreeding isn't part of black culture...

Once the south stops whining and peering up its arse for more material
to cry about, a couple of sharp Scottish lads could probably make
something of it. There certainly wouldn't be a lot of competition.

Michilín

Duke of URL

Jul 10, 2004, 1:07:13 PM7/10/04
"Lachie" <noos@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

> I can assure you after travelling through India for a couple of months,
> the idea of a farting contest is apogee of wish fulfilment.

Tsk. Got all constipated, did you?

Duke of URL

Jul 10, 2004, 1:13:16 PM7/10/04
"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:0K2dnUCundm...@adelphia.com...

> Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers, insanely jealous of the
fact
> that, without the US you would be more of a frozen wilderness than you
> already are. Mr. Scanadian. HA!

A correction. Although just about any vituperative epithet you direct at
Paterson will be accurate, do not mistake him for the general run of
Canadians. For example, the Canadian troops in Afghanistan have done a
wonderful job - they remain brave and dedicated even whilst their hometown
newspapers and gummint spokescritters badmouth them continuously.
--
The One-and-only Holy Moses™

VOR

Jul 10, 2004, 11:17:33 AM7/10/04
In message <wIadncuZe7c...@adelphia.com>, BfB <_@-._> writes

It is you who are the guest here, my dear...

--
VOR

Robert Peffers

Jul 10, 2004, 1:28:48 PM7/10/04

"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:NtOdnbK0zL4...@adelphia.com...
Frae Auld Bob Peffers:
Oh! Dear! Oh! Dear Oh! Dear!
Is that really the very best you can do? I had a four year old Cairn Terrier
that could do better than that - and it had been dead for a week.

Helen Ramsay

Jul 10, 2004, 2:51:01 PM7/10/04
"BfB" <_@-._> wrote
> "Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote

> > Americans are not flavour of the week in Canada.
<snip>

> Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers,

Kind of a wide brush there, is it no?

> insanely jealous of the fact that, without the US you
> would be more of a frozen wilderness than you already
> are.

BTW, it's a beautiful sunny 79°F in this frozen wilderness today!

--
Cheers, Helen
hramsay at cogeco dot ca

Helen Ramsay

Jul 10, 2004, 2:58:43 PM7/10/04
"Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net> wrote
> the Canadian troops in Afghanistan have done a
> wonderful job - they remain brave and dedicated
> even whilst their hometown newspapers and gummint
> spokescritters badmouth them continuously.

Whit? That's news to me. Could you point me in the direction of URLs
that will show me where they are being bad-mouthed by their hometown
newspapers or the Canadian government Moses?

Troops' efforts spark 'heartfelt pride' at home
Message from Canada boosts morale of soldiers unsure of their next
move

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Canadian troops were told during a May 16
speech by a visiting commander that their efforts in Afghanistan
fighting terrorism have awakened a "sleeping giant" of patriotism back
home.

"There has been a transformation in Canada. There is a pent-up
patriotism in Canadians," Col. Stuart Beare, commander of the 1
Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group, told the troops during a visit from
Edmonton.

Col. Beare said the April 18 friendly fire accident in which four
members of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry were killed
and eight injured when a U.S. F16 pilot dropped a heavy bomb on them
"awoke the sleeping giant" of patriotism.

"You're making us, at home, f---in' proud, excuse my English, for what
you're achieving over here in Afghanistan," Col. Beare told the
troops.

Mike Blanchfield
The Ottawa Citizen

Robert Peffers

Jul 10, 2004, 3:03:22 PM7/10/04

"Helen Ramsay" <r...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Frae Auld Bob Peffers:
That's a good deal better than Fife today. It is cool and dry, but only
just.
BTW: Kirkcaldy has just been found to be the place in the UK that has had
property values increase the most by 57% no less. Seems everyone wants to
come to Kirkcaldy now.

Madra Dubh

Jul 10, 2004, 5:05:43 PM7/10/04

"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:3tOdnVS_DcS...@adelphia.com...

Are there no asylums in Boston?
;=)

JackieMulheron

Jul 10, 2004, 5:34:55 PM7/10/04
>Now now, let's not paint with such a broad brush. Are you implying that
>you don't have idiots in Scotland?

They emigrated.

JackieMulheron

Jul 10, 2004, 5:34:55 PM7/10/04
In article <f8CdncZuWad...@adelphia.com>, "BfB" <_@-._> writes:

>Canadas' outright dissing of America, in print, radio, and they even ban
>Foxnews...will come back to haunt them.......

How did all of Canada manage to ban FoxnEWS?

JackieMulheron

Jul 10, 2004, 5:34:54 PM7/10/04
In article <FZQHc.226411$Gx4.1...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Madra
Dubh" <cca...@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>> >Bob, Brace yourself.
>> >His next move will be to start screaming obscenities.
>> >You are dealing with Mister Meds here.
>> >

>> Mr OVERmeds is my take on him.
>
>As I once said, Donald, had he been born in the South (God between us and
>all harm) he would now be in someone's attic.

What if they didn't have an attic?

JackieMulheron

Jul 10, 2004, 5:34:54 PM7/10/04

But if there were no US that would mean there would just be a bigger Canada.

JackieMulheron

Jul 10, 2004, 5:34:56 PM7/10/04
"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:k_6dnVZoV-q...@adelphia.com...

> Boycott Canada!
>

> Fleeing US soldiers seek asylum in Canada
> Thursday 08 July 2004, 13:31 Makka Time, 10:31 GMT
> The soldiers will appear in court again in October
>
> Two US soldiers pleading for asylum in Canada after walking out on their
> units over fierce objections to the Iraq war have appeared in a Toronto
> courtroom.
>
> Jeremy Hinzman, 25, attended a technical pre-hearing at Canada's Immigration
> and Refugee Board (IRB) in Toronto on Wednesday, supported by another
> fugitive American soldier Brandon Hughey.
>
> The IRB set a refugee status hearing for 20, 21 and 22 October for Hinzman,
> said board spokesman Charles Hawkins.
>
> No court date has yet been set for Hughey, whose case was not heard on
> Wednesday. No testimony was taken at the hearing, a legal formality to map
> out the parameters of the case.
>
> The controversy surrounding the two men has ignited controversy in the
> United States, and sympathy in Canada, especially among those who opposed
> the Iraq war.
> http://tinyurl.com/3h5cq

So the Canadian authorities are applying due process and you say "Boycott
Canada". Boycott them for what exactly?

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 5:48:34 PM7/10/04

"VOR" <Voice-o...@finhall.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
Let me know when the reason part appears.

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 5:50:28 PM7/10/04

"Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net> wrote in message
A valuable, and well taken, point.

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 5:53:19 PM7/10/04

> "BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:NtOdnbK0zL4...@adelphia.com...
> >
> > "Robert Peffers" <b...@peffers50.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Frae Auld Bob Peffers,
> > > No! The very best trolls are the ones who are not immediately
> detectable.
> > > These get much attention before their victims slowly realise they are
> > being
> > > trolled. This one is strictly a learner, (and not a very good one).
> > > --
> > >
> > Gees, a mindreader with a sig longer than his attention span, what a
> > surprise.
> >

> Frae Auld Bob Peffers:
> Oh! Dear! Oh! Dear Oh! Dear!
> Is that really the very best you can do? I had a four year old Cairn
Terrier
> that could do better than that - and it had been dead for a week.
> --
Errrr, would that be a Scottish put down?

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 5:54:03 PM7/10/04

> "BfB" <_@-._> wrote
> > "Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote
> > > Americans are not flavour of the week in Canada.
> <snip>
>
> > Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers,
>
> Kind of a wide brush there, is it no?
>
> > insanely jealous of the fact that, without the US you
> > would be more of a frozen wilderness than you already
> > are.
>
> BTW, it's a beautiful sunny 79°F in this frozen wilderness today!

All two blocks of it.

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 5:57:56 PM7/10/04

"Madra Dubh" <cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
I went striper fishing, caught two keepers, soon to be breaded, seasoned and
cooked over glowing coals......If that is what they do to fishermen in the
South then.....

Robert Peffers

Jul 10, 2004, 6:07:47 PM7/10/04

"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:e-idnZ778qH...@adelphia.com...
Frae Auld Bob Peffers:
A very little one. Hence the very wee dug.

Cory Bhreckan

Jul 10, 2004, 6:29:35 PM7/10/04
"Michilín" wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:20:56 -0400, Cory Bhreckan
> <CBhr...@maelstrom.com> wrote:

> >> I don't even live in your nasty country and have no intention of ever
> >> visiting it again as I loathe fascists.

> >Now now, let's not paint with such a broad brush. Are you implying that
> >you don't have idiots in Scotland?
>
> No, we did, but most of them have been deported back to the US.
>
> Michilín

Well, some of them have popped up in Alberta (around Calgary). I believe
that's where Canada keeps her idiots and fascists.

JackieMulheron

Jul 10, 2004, 6:48:37 PM7/10/04
In article <40ef6918.19596528@news>, mich...@shaw.ca (Michilín) writes:

>On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:20:36 -0500, "Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net>
>wrote:
>
>>"MacHamish" <rus...@concentric.net> wrote in message

>>> My condolences to the Scots.
>>
>>Well, at least I haven't been run out of two countries for my, ahem,
>>business practices...
>
>And you never will be because there's no law in Canada or the UK
>against selling gay sex.

You were run out of two countries for that!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

JackieMulheron

Jul 10, 2004, 6:48:39 PM7/10/04

And wrong.

Madra Dubh

Jul 10, 2004, 7:16:52 PM7/10/04

"JackieMulheron" <jackiem...@aol.com> wrote in message

Oh dear.
EVERY Southern home has an attic.
But for the rare exception, there is always the moldy old basement.

Madra Dubh

Jul 10, 2004, 7:18:12 PM7/10/04

"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:naKdnVLSmeD...@adelphia.com...

So.
The Ersatz Scot is not the true fish then.
Good eating, Bob.

Madra Dubh

Jul 10, 2004, 7:18:59 PM7/10/04

> >Now now, let's not paint with such a broad brush. Are you implying that
> >you don't have idiots in Scotland?
>
> They emigrated.

And one old relic ended up in Canada.

Helen Ramsay

Jul 10, 2004, 7:23:48 PM7/10/04
"BfB" <_@-._> wrote
> "Helen Ramsay" <r...@hotmail.com> wrote
> > "BfB" <_@-._> wrote

> > > would be more of a frozen wilderness
> > > than you already are.
> >
> > BTW, it's a beautiful sunny 79°F in this frozen wilderness
> > today!

> All two blocks of it.

Well now, I've heard of overcrowding but that takes the cake! How come
I'm sitting here all by myself when you would have in excess of
500,000 people in a two block area? I take urban geography isn't your
strong point? Gie yersel a shake, min!

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 7:54:26 PM7/10/04

"Robert Peffers" <b...@peffers50.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Got it.

BfB

Jul 10, 2004, 8:05:33 PM7/10/04

"Helen Ramsay" <r...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Uh, 500,000 in a two block area? Neebr...

Duke of URL

Jul 10, 2004, 8:16:17 PM7/10/04

> "Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net> wrote

> > the Canadian troops in Afghanistan have done a
> > wonderful job - they remain brave and dedicated
> > even whilst their hometown newspapers and gummint
> > spokescritters badmouth them continuously.
>
> Whit? That's news to me. Could you point me in the direction of URLs
> that will show me where they are being bad-mouthed by their hometown
> newspapers or the Canadian government Moses?

I think you're right, Helen - looking more deeply, I think I misunderstood
some articles. My apologies to the good Canuck public voices.

Duke of URL

Jul 10, 2004, 8:20:15 PM7/10/04
When you post to this thread, LOOK UP at the "newsgroups" line!
I just spotted that someone somewhere along the line doubled the scs entry.
THAT's why the messages are posting twice.
Erase one, please, as I did for this.

--
The One-and-only Holy Moses™
"Robert Peffers" <b...@peffers50.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

THE Old Man

Jul 10, 2004, 8:28:11 PM7/10/04

Oh, we could put him in the basement here. Hmmm... the water is found
about 4 feet below the ground so it might be a bit damp. Oh, what the
heck. Let me give my wife the shovel so we can start on it.

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 9:41:42 PM7/10/04
On 10 Jul 2004 22:48:37 GMT, jackiem...@aol.com (JackieMulheron)
wrote:

Of course not - Moses Thingie or whatever he calls himself is the one
to ask, not me.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 10:19:44 PM7/10/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:29:35 -0400, Cory Bhreckan
<CBhr...@maelstrom.com> wrote:

Yes, but, and I'm perfectly serious about this, most of them are
Americans.

Calgary's population is heavily Americanized - as much as 40% of its
inhabitants are both Canadian and American citizens. The reason is
that the last distribution of free land by wagon race took place in
Montana in the 1920s, and many of the people who got land failed to
make a go of it and wandered north to Calgary to find work in the
stockyards. In those days the border was not much different from a
county line and people came and went, to work or live as they pleased
on both sides.

Their descendants, who are part of the baby boom generation today,
being grandchildren of American citizens can themselves claim American
citizenship. However it goes further than that, because so many
Americans settled there that Calgary is far more American in character
than any other part of Canada, and local beliefs include that
well-known western redneck rightwing hatred of central government.
It's very much cowboy country.

Today, Montana is home to many odd people, (Ted Koscinski) some of
whom are local terrorists, etc. Organizations called names like "The
Minutemen" live there and are always training and getting ready for
the war they feel will have to be fought against Washington DC if true
liberty is to be won for the USA.

Many see the open prairies around Calgary as a natural place to
practise with their weapons in an FBI-free environment, and some
interesting vehicles have snuck over the border at night only to be
nailed by the Mounties who take a keen interest in people bringing
what looks like Part II of the Battle of the Bulge into Canada. The
take has included in the past, tanks, heavy artillery, a plethora of
rocket launchers and mortars and all the Kalashnikovs, Uzis, H&Ks and
Macks you could want for a small revolution.

Apart from the odd French-Canadian anti-Anglo and some strange
anti-everyone elsers from (you guesed it) Calgary, Canada doesn't seem
to be too overcrowded with loonies. You also need a damned good reason
to own a gun legally in Canada, which helps a lot and the drug trade
tends to be low-key in its dealings and leaves its failed distributors
tied in neat, dead rows on the seashore next to the sewage works,
rather than making a public spectacle of their employment termination.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 10:32:30 PM7/10/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:58:08 -0400, "BfB" <_@-._> wrote:

>"Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:40ef26bb.2606938@news...

>> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:22:27 -0400, Cory Bhreckan
>> <CBhr...@maelstrom.com> wrote:
>> Americans are not flavour of the week in Canada. This incident is why
>> we did not join you in your disgraceful Iraqi disaster, and now that
>> we've seen the contempt with which your country treats our dead, don't
>> count on us for anything else in the near future. We beat the shit out
>> of you in 1812 - let's just leave it at that.
>>

>Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers, insanely jealous of the fact

>that, without the US you would be more of a frozen wilderness than you

>already are. Mr. Scanadian. HA!

Ah, you been smoking Vancouver Thunderfuck; the Wild West Coast Weed
that Homeland Security cannot keep out of eager American hands!

BC's largest and most profitable agricultural crop - ideal for those
paranoid moments when you're shooting it out with the FBI and the ammo
is getting low...

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 10:43:01 PM7/10/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13:16 -0500, "Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net>
wrote:

>"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:0K2dnUCundm...@adelphia.com...

>> Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers, insanely jealous of the
>fact
>> that, without the US you would be more of a frozen wilderness than you
>> already are. Mr. Scanadian. HA!
>

>A correction. Although just about any vituperative epithet you direct at
>Paterson will be accurate, do not mistake him for the general run of

>Canadians. For example, the Canadian troops in Afghanistan have done a

>wonderful job - they remain brave and dedicated even whilst their hometown
>newspapers and gummint spokescritters badmouth them continuously.

>--
>The One-and-only Holy Moses™

You mean the Canadians still left that haven't been murdered by US
friendly fire?

I have yet to see a single Canadian newspaper or hear a single
Canadian badmouth Canadian troops. Canadians are well-trained soldiers
who don't have friendly-fire incidents, who don't desert at the first
sign of danger and who are immensely popular with the Canadian public.

Try and lay off the booze, there's a good fellow. If I didn't know how
cheap you are, I'd have guessed that you'd already donated your brain
to Oxfam.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:04:19 PM7/10/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:58:43 -0400, "Helen Ramsay" <r...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net> wrote

>> the Canadian troops in Afghanistan have done a
>> wonderful job - they remain brave and dedicated
>> even whilst their hometown newspapers and gummint
>> spokescritters badmouth them continuously.
>

>Whit? That's news to me. Could you point me in the direction of URLs
>that will show me where they are being bad-mouthed by their hometown
>newspapers or the Canadian government Moses?
>

>Troops' efforts spark 'heartfelt pride' at home
>Message from Canada boosts morale of soldiers unsure of their next
>move
>

>KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Canadian troops were told during a May 16
>speech by a visiting commander that their efforts in Afghanistan
>fighting terrorism have awakened a "sleeping giant" of patriotism back
>home.
>
>"There has been a transformation in Canada. There is a pent-up
>patriotism in Canadians," Col. Stuart Beare, commander of the 1
>Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group, told the troops during a visit from
>Edmonton.
>
>Col. Beare said the April 18 friendly fire accident in which four
>members of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry were killed
>and eight injured when a U.S. F16 pilot dropped a heavy bomb on them
>"awoke the sleeping giant" of patriotism.
>
>"You're making us, at home, f---in' proud, excuse my English, for what
>you're achieving over here in Afghanistan," Col. Beare told the
>troops.
>
>Mike Blanchfield
>The Ottawa Citizen

>--
>Cheers, Helen
>hramsay at cogeco dot ca

I think the Canadians are like the British; professional, first-class
soldiers who do a great job.

I'm a Scot and I will die a Scot, but I'm proud that Canada took me in
and gave me her citizenship. With the possible exception of New
Zealand, this is the country most like Scotland that I know of and I
feel comfortable and welcome here, especially as there are so many
other Scots and people of Scots descent living here.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:07:34 PM7/10/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:51:01 -0400, "Helen Ramsay" <r...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"BfB" <_@-._> wrote
>> "Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote

>> > Americans are not flavour of the week in Canada.

><snip>

>> Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers,
>

>Kind of a wide brush there, is it no?
>

>> insanely jealous of the fact that, without the US you
>> would be more of a frozen wilderness than you already
>> are.
>

>BTW, it's a beautiful sunny 79°F in this frozen wilderness today!
>

>--
>Cheers, Helen
>hramsay at cogeco dot ca

About the same in Vancouver - Snow-Canada-Neige is very decently
running a freezer overtime so I can fix the melted roof of my igloo!

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:12:44 PM7/10/04

Canada is the second largest country in the world - four and a half
time zones. The local joke is "It was 1998 in Canada; 1942 in
Newfoundland..."

Eastern Canada is closer to Scotland than it is to me in the West.
That's a long walk to get home - and then a swim too, by God!

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:17:13 PM7/10/04
On 10 Jul 2004 21:34:54 GMT, jackiem...@aol.com (JackieMulheron)
wrote:

>In article <0K2dnUCundm...@adelphia.com>, "BfB" <_@-._> writes:
>
>>"Michilín" <mich...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:40ef26bb.2606938@news...
>>> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:22:27 -0400, Cory Bhreckan
>>> <CBhr...@maelstrom.com> wrote:
>>> Americans are not flavour of the week in Canada. This incident is why
>>> we did not join you in your disgraceful Iraqi disaster, and now that
>>> we've seen the contempt with which your country treats our dead, don't
>>> count on us for anything else in the near future. We beat the shit out
>>> of you in 1812 - let's just leave it at that.
>>>

>>Cowards, potheads, traitors, weak-kneed losers, insanely jealous of the fact

>>that, without the US you would be more of a frozen wilderness than you

>>already are. Mr. Scanadian. HA!
>
>But if there were no US that would mean there would just be a bigger Canada.

Which would have been a damned good thing for world peace.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:20:56 PM7/10/04

This one has apparently already donated its brain, so don't waste your
time looking for signs of maturity or a sense of humour.

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:31:09 PM7/10/04
On 10 Jul 2004 21:34:55 GMT, jackiem...@aol.com (JackieMulheron)
wrote:

>In article <f8CdncZuWad...@adelphia.com>, "BfB" <_@-._> writes:
>
>>Canadas' outright dissing of America, in print, radio, and they even ban
>>Foxnews...will come back to haunt them.......
>

>How did all of Canada manage to ban FoxnEWS?

It didn't. These people live in another universe called USA.

Most of them think Canada is part of the UK, except that everyone
speaks French - or hey man! - maybe everyone in the UK speaks French!
- the details are always fuzzy.

Typically, Americans arrive here in the middle of summer, say on an 80
degree day, with skis on the roof of their cars and get out asking
worriedly, "Whoa man, where's the snow?"

Michilín

Michilín

Jul 10, 2004, 11:52:16 PM7/10/04

<sigh> North Carolina is NOT in Canada.

Michilín

VOR

Jul 11, 2004, 4:01:16 AM7/11/04
In message <DeGdndohy6C...@adelphia.com>, BfB <_@-._> writes

>"VOR" <Voice-o...@finhall.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In message <wIadncuZe7c...@adelphia.com>, BfB <_@-._> writes
>> >
>> >"VOR" <Voice-o...@finhall.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>it
>> >would have to rise several notches... ~}:)>

>> >Thanks for stopping by.
>>
>> It is you who are the guest here, my dear...
>> >

>Let me know when the reason part appears.

Oh?

--
VOR

josiah-...@dsl.pipex.com

Jul 11, 2004, 5:18:55 AM7/11/04
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:20:15 -0500, I read these words from "Duke of
URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net> :

>When you post to this thread, LOOK UP at the "newsgroups" line!
>I just spotted that someone somewhere along the line doubled the scs entry.

That'd be Boy effin Blunder who started the thread !

From: "BfB" <_@-._>
Newsgroups: soc.culture.scottish,soc.culture.scottish
Subject: Aljazeera says "THANKS CANADA!'
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:54:14 -0400

>THAT's why the messages are posting twice.

If that were the problem, wouldn't *everyone* be getting two copies ?

More likely to be a setting in your Microsh*t newsreader or related
to an ISP server problem.

>Erase one, please, as I did for this.

Naw ! No goannie !

-- The Despicable Stewart
-- Perfidious Alban
-- http://www.ian-stewart.dsl.pipex.com/

Lachie

Jul 11, 2004, 5:58:19 AM7/11/04
Capturing in this missive, in the sparing prose of Rambaud,
<10f08i4...@corp.supernews.com>, and displaying the suave and
sophisticated disposition of Archibald Leach, Duke of URL
<MacB...@kdsi.net> sgrìobh,
>"Lachie" <noos@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>
>> I can assure you after travelling through India for a couple of months,
>> the idea of a farting contest is apogee of wish fulfilment.
>

>Tsk. Got all constipated, did you?

Tsk, dinna be wet. I said India.
--
Lachie.

Exodus 22:19. Quisquis concubuerit cum animali, morte moriatur.

Lachie

Jul 11, 2004, 6:12:31 AM7/11/04
Capturing in this missive, in the sparing prose of Rambaud,
<40f014a2.6987677@news>, and displaying the suave and sophisticated
disposition of Archibald Leach, Michilín <mich...@shaw.ca.invalid>
sgrìobh,
>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:07:01 GMT, "Madra Dubh"
><cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>>"THE Old Man" <bubbad...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>will

>>> Mr OVERmeds is my take on him.
>>
>>As I once said, Donald, had he been born in the South (God between us and
>>all harm) he would now be in someone's attic.
>>

>If I had been born in the south...
>
>I liked Dixie. I was really impressed by how much smarter the blacks
>are than the whites. One black told me that all the dumb blacks were
>hanged by the KKK, while inbreeding isn't part of black culture...

Did you know that they used to make postcards of lynchings, which would
have been contemporaneous of "ganging doon the watter" to Dunoon and
Rothesay by Valentines.

There was an incredible exhibition of these cards in New York Arts
Centre which finished on Friday.

<http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/african/2000/lynching.htm>

<http://eserver.org/bs/reviews/2000-4-7-7.53PM.html>

--
Lachie.

Message has been deleted

VOR

Jul 11, 2004, 6:50:40 AM7/11/04
In message <wWrFBTDM...@finhall.demon.co.uk>, VOR
<Voice-o...@finhall.demon.co.uk> writes

That was "DOH?" when it left me...

--
VOR

Madra Dubh

Jul 11, 2004, 8:13:05 AM7/11/04

"THE Old Man" <bubbad...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Three weeks to go before Destin!!!!!!!
Man, I can't wait.

Madra Dubh

Jul 11, 2004, 8:18:16 AM7/11/04

"BfB" <_@-._> wrote in message news:UpOdnSZTpeH...@adelphia.com...

Bob, Miz Helen has this cudgel made of Stephen Hamilton's Apple wood, you
see, and she travels about the country a lot, so she does.
And she is not at all adverse to swatting us folks what peeve her.
Also, I believe she is from Fife, though I'm not sure of that.
;=)

Madra Dubh

Jul 11, 2004, 8:20:18 AM7/11/04

"VOR" <Voice-o...@finhall.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Yes, yes, and my favorite line is "I looked and there was no parked car
behind me then".
Still my wife insists I purchase a smaller truck.
Surely my depth perception is not going as well?
Is there no limits to the indignities the aging process brings on?

Robert Peffers

Jul 11, 2004, 8:55:13 AM7/11/04

"Madra Dubh" <cca...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
Frae Auld Bob Peffers:
How dare you question Our Helen's Fife credentials?

Helen is, without doubt, a bona fide Fifer from that ancient, "Kingdom of
Fife", burgh of, "Dysart", mentioned in Scots history from before records
were even officially kept, (written on cave walls by an ancient people, if
you must know).

As to her proclivity for beating people over the head with a certain carved
implement, then, who could not excuse the poor woman when she is subject to
such wicked provocations.
Anyway, most of the time, she only beats up on 'Merkins and they don't
really count.

Helen Ramsay

Jul 11, 2004, 10:23:42 AM7/11/04
"Robert Peffers" <b...@peffers50.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
> "Helen Ramsay" <r...@hotmail.com> wrote

<snip>

> > BTW, it's a beautiful sunny 79°F in this frozen
> > wilderness today!

> That's a good deal better than Fife today. It is cool

> and dry, but only just.

It seems I was home at the 'right' time then:) Whenever, I've spoken
to Mum or my sisters since I came back to Canada, it's been raining!

> BTW: Kirkcaldy has just been found to be the place
> in the UK that has had property values increase the
> most by 57% no less.

That doesn't come as a complete surprise Bob. The niece who brought me
to Stirling on the Sunday night recently sold her house in Kirkcaldy
and was offered Ł10,000 *over* the asking price and this is an older
house, *upstairs* in Church Street! She's bought brand new in
Glenrothes as she couldn't afford a similar house in Kdy. Madness!

> Seems everyone wants to come to Kirkcaldy now.

They've been listening to Geordie Monroe surely :)

VOR

Jul 11, 2004, 10:23:23 AM7/11/04

>> >Oh?
>>
>> That was "DOH?" when it left me...
>
>Yes, yes, and my favorite line is "I looked and there was no parked car
>behind me then".
>Still my wife insists I purchase a smaller truck.
>Surely my depth perception is not going as well?
>Is there no limits to the indignities the aging process brings on?

I have five pairs of specs lying around my keyboard, none of which seem
to work as well as they ought..

--
VOR

Helen Ramsay

Jul 11, 2004, 10:26:13 AM7/11/04
"Duke of URL" <MacB...@kdsi.net> wrote
> When you post to this thread, LOOK UP at
> the "newsgroups" line! I just spotted that someone
> somewhere along the line doubled the scs entry.
> THAT's why the messages are posting twice.
> Erase one, please, as I did for this.

I doubt that would matter Moses! I certainly haven't seen double posts
from anyone. Just that one, err ... *two* cartoons you sent me
yesterday.

It is loading more messages.