Vioara de ciordit!

Ashkiutza

Sep 23, 2001, 12:34:18 PM9/23/01
A murit Isaac Stern!

R.I.P. Maestro!

Ashkiutza

Sep 23, 2001, 5:47:23 PM9/23/01
U.S. Violinist Isaac Stern Dies at Age 81

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Isaac Stern, considered the supreme violin virtuoso of the
20th century, died in New York on Saturday, aged 81, a hospital official said.

Stern, one of the most recorded violinists in history with more than 100
recordings to his credit, helped save New York's famed Carnegie hall from
demolition in the 1960s. He is believed to have died from heart failure.

New York Weill Cornell Medical Center night administrator Maria Dolce confirmed
Stern died on Saturday evening at the hospital.

Stern, a small, plump, modest and witty man, was soloist on the Oscar-winning
soundtrack of the movie 'Fiddler on the Roof' and performed with the New York
Philharmonic more than any other violinist in history.

Born in Russia in 1920, Stern was brought to the United States as an infant. He
began violin lessons at 8, studied at the San Francisco Conservatory and made
his orchestral debut with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra at age 16 in a
concert broadcast on national radio, according to his music label Sony
Classical.

Stern debuted at Carnegie Hall In 1943 and a year later performed with the New
York Philharmonic.

Among his most famous appearances was a 1991 concert in Jerusalem during the
Gulf War. Sirens sounded and the audience fearing a Scud missile attack donned
gas masks. Stern did not and got down to the business of playing a Bach solo.

Besides his highly acclaimed interpretations of the standard repertoire, Stern
was a champion of contemporary music and often recorded new works for violin by
many of the 20th century's finest composers.

Stern once said: "You can describe music, but you can't explain it. There is a
wondrous mystery about just what makes the logic of music so simple and so
inevitable when it comes together in the right way."

DACIA LAN

Sep 23, 2001, 6:30:37 PM9/23/01
>Subject: Vioara de ciordit!
>From: ashk...@aol.com (Ashkiutza)
>Date: 9/23/01 12:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>

>A murit Isaac Stern!
>
>R.I.P. Maestro!

DACA ORASHEL TOMBERG ESTE PREZENT LA INMORMANTAREA LUI,NU-I EXCLUS CA VIOARA
LUI SA DISPARA.

AS.88

Ashkiutza

Sep 23, 2001, 7:03:38 PM9/23/01

In article <20010923183037...@mb-mk.aol.com>, daci...@aol.com
wrote:

>DACA ORASHEL TOMBERG ESTE PREZENT LA INMORMANTAREA LUI,NU-I EXCLUS CA VIOARA
>LUI SA DISPARA.

Io zic invers, ca daca Orasel nu se prezinta la inmormintare, nu o sa-l vada
nimeni si cine stie pe unde-o haladui!?

Ashkiutza

Sep 23, 2001, 7:06:44 PM9/23/01
daci...@aol.com wrote:

>DACA ORASHEL TOMBERG ESTE PREZENT LA INMORMANTAREA LUI,NU-I EXCLUS CA VIOARA
>LUI SA DISPARA.

A cui, a lui Orashel sau a lui Stern?