Did ISIS win in France?

DoD

Dec 2, 2015, 2:16:09 PM12/2/15
I was just reading that the government in France has told the Jews
to keep Hanakah on the down low....

Does that mean they won?

Yisroel Markov

Dec 2, 2015, 4:31:27 PM12/2/15
On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 19:21:30 +0000 (UTC), DoD <danski...@gmail.com>
said:

>I was just reading that the government in France has told the Jews
>to keep Hanakah on the down low....
>
>Does that mean they won?

Depends on the definition of victory.

The original halakha is that the Hanukka menora is to be placed in the
outer door, to be visible to passerby. The Ashkenazi practice, shaped
by centuries of persecution, is to put it in one of the inner doors.
Did the oppressors win this one? I don't think so.
--
Yisroel "Godwrestler Warriorson" Markov - Boston, MA Member
www.reason.com -- for a sober analysis of the world DNRC

DoD

Dec 2, 2015, 4:44:17 PM12/2/15

"Yisroel Markov" <ey.m...@MUNGiname.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 19:21:30 +0000 (UTC), DoD <danski...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
>>I was just reading that the government in France has told the Jews
>>to keep Hanakah on the down low....
>>
>>Does that mean they won?
>
> Depends on the definition of victory.
>
> The original halakha is that the Hanukka menora is to be placed in the
> outer door, to be visible to passerby. The Ashkenazi practice, shaped
> by centuries of persecution, is to put it in one of the inner doors.
> Did the oppressors win this one? I don't think so.

I don't know... Seems like terror won, this round at least.... Just my own
opinion though...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/paris-police-tell-chabad-not-to-light-hanukkah-candles-in-public-spaces/

(PeteCresswell)

Dec 2, 2015, 5:45:39 PM12/2/15
Per DoD:
>I was just reading that the government in France has told the Jews
>to keep Hanakah on the down low....
>
>Does that mean they won?

I would say that does not mean they won.

But, assuming their objective was publicity and looking powerful to
future recruits, I would say their attack was a success.

I think it is counterproductive that the news media elevates these
people to the level of importance that they do - instead of
denigrating/trivializing them as wing nuts and wackos.

They *want* to look big, bad, and dangerous... that is the whole point
of their doing what they do. Take that away from them and the
motivation is reduced significantly.
--
Pete Cresswell

DoD

Dec 2, 2015, 6:58:15 PM12/2/15

"(PeteCresswell)" <x...@y.Invalid> wrote in message
The news media IMO, are no better than these people

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2015/12/02/un-teachers-glorify-knife-attacks-against-jewish-apes-and-pigs/

Why are UN people teaching PalArabs?

topazgalaxy

Dec 3, 2015, 10:44:41 PM12/3/15
I have mixed feelings on that question. In France they also had a summit on global warming and a crowd of pro environment protestors wanted to protest but the police broke it up because France is still under emergency rules and they do not want large crowds gathering.
IMO, if the leadership of France is telling people you cannot gather in large crowds and Jews cannot have really visible celebrations of Hanukkah, well, it depends if the government is doing that for safety or what the intent is.
That issue to me determines if ISIS won. To my knowledge, all these rules in France are temporary. Clearly if they become permanent, we should revisit the question ie did ISIS win.
We could look at all the air line rules now in the USA...rules about liquids on planes, security checks etc, did Al Quaida win? I do not think so.

The problem France has is that the terrorists were home grown; that is the problem. Fighting ISIS incorporates fighting an ideology , that is alot of the problem. It is not the same as fighting aliens from outer space or really fighting another country. France has to fight an ideology with enemy soldiers within its borders.

topazgalaxy

Dec 3, 2015, 10:45:35 PM12/3/15
Well as Pat Condell said, when there was that fuss over the Mosque at Ground Zero " we already have a mosque in lower Manhattan.It is called the United Nations. All we have to do is add minarets at the top."

And what the children in "Palestine" are being taught is horrific.
Paid for by US dollars.
Check out "Palestinian Media Watch" web page

DoD

Dec 4, 2015, 4:34:42 PM12/4/15

"topazgalaxy" <topaz...@gmail.com> wrote in message
The general goal of terrorism (ISTM) is to get your target group to change
their lives... At least for the past several years, several really meaning
many.... The Jews of France have had to adapt to an increasing harsh
environment. I believe this terror attack on France is the culmination of
that... I doubt the Jews that remain in France can ever really live openly
as Jews, but that is just my gut feeling.