SCIK:-State film awards for '97-98 presented

SSM Shastry

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Following are the list of awardees for 1997-98:

Dr Rajkumar award: M V Rajamma;
Late Puttanna Kanagal award: Girish Kasaravalli;
Best Actor: Vishnuvardhan for Laali;
Best Actress: Jayamala for Thayi Saheba.
Best Film: Thayi Saheba;
Second Best Film: Laali;
Third Best: Nodu Baa Nammoora.

Awards for best films with social impact for Bhoomigeeta and Maaribale
(Tulu).
The best film in the regional category goes to Kodava film Baal
Polandath.

Best Supporting Actor: S Shivaram (Thayi Saheba);
Best Supporting Actress: Bhavana (Nee Mudida Mallige);
Best Story: Ranganatha Shyam Rao (Thayi Saheba);
Best Screenplay: D Rajendra Babu (Jodi Hakki);
Best Dialogues: N S Shankar (Ulta Palta);
Best Cinematography: H M Ramachandra (Thayi Saheba);
Best Music Direction: V Manohar (Jodi Hakki);
Best Sound: Murali (A);
Best Editing: Shashi Kumar (A);
Best Child Artiste: Baby Nivedita Shiva Rajkumar (Andaman);
Best Art Direction: Ramesh Desai (Thayi Saheba);
Best Lyricist: J M Prahalad (Nodu Baa Nammoora);
Best Male Playback Singer: S P Balasubramanium (O Mallige);
Best Female Playback Singer: M S Sheela (Vimochane);

Special awards have been given to Kashi for his comic
role in Ulta Palta and Janardhan for Nodu Baa Nammoora.

Ashok

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
In article <36CA0F...@hotmail.com>, msha...@hotmail.com says...

>Following are the list of awardees for 1997-98:
>
>Dr Rajkumar award: M V Rajamma;

What is the definition of this award? Is it something
like life-time contribution?

>Late Puttanna Kanagal award: Girish Kasaravalli;

I suppose this award is the one for Best Director.
Is that right?

Ashok

Raghavendra Udupa U

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
:
: I suppose this award is the one for Best Director.
: Is that right?

An award in recoginition of life time achievement of a director.
:
--

regards,
Raghavendra

- Albert Einstein -
"A man may be so much of everything that he is nothing of anything."
- Samuel Johnson -