europecigado de la angla

Danijela Drakula

Feb 2, 2003, 2:51:21 PM2/2/03
Plusendita mesagxo de amikino Seadeta :
Language change - teksto por amuzigxo
>From a Finnish Translator... pere de Serhiy Onoshko,
moderatoro de la ttt-pagxo
http://www.translationdirectory.com/

"The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English
will be the official language of the European nation rather than German
that was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English
spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in
plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make
the sivil servants jump with joy.
The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up
konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.
There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when
the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words
like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to
reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.
Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always
ben a deterent to akurate speling.
Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is
disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with
"z" and "w" with "v".
During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou"
and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
understand ech oza.
Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru. If zis mad yu smil, ples pas it
on to oza pepl."

Lionel Bonnetier

Feb 3, 2003, 1:19:06 PM2/3/03
Danijela Drakula skribis:

> As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English
> spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in
> plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

(...)

Cxu tiu parodio ne estis originale de Mark Twain?

David Wolff

Feb 27, 2003, 12:40:44 AM2/27/03
In article <b1jsus$8cvc$1...@as201.hinet.hr>,

Danijela Drakula <danijela...@sk.hinet.hr> wrote:
> Plusendita mesagxo de amikino Seadeta :
> Language change - teksto por amuzigxo
> >From a Finnish Translator... pere de Serhiy Onoshko,
> moderatoro de la ttt-pagxo
> http://www.translationdirectory.com/
>

> "The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English
> will be the official language of the European nation rather than German
> that was the other possibility.
>
> As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English
> spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in
> plan that would become known as "Euro-English".
>
> In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make
> the sivil servants jump with joy.
> The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up
> konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.
> There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when
> the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words
> like fotograf 20% shorter.

Mi pardonpetas la anglajxon, sed simpatiu nin, kiuj suferas la
nefonetikecon de la lingvo...

This is YABBVOACS -- yet another badly-butchered version of a classic
story -- so classic that people keep misremembering it, then
dismembering it. The original is just under 1,000 words, and deserves
better treatment. Here's the original.

MEIHEM IN CE KLASRUM

by Dolton Edwards
(pseudonym of W. K. Lessing)

Reprinted from Astounding Science Fiction, Street and Smith
Publications, Inc (now "Analog Science Fiction and Fact"). l946.

Because we are still bearing some of the scars of our brief skirmish
with II-B English, it is natural that we should be enchanted with
Mr. George Bernard Shaw's proposal for a simplified alphabet.

Obviously, as Mr. Shaw points out, English spelling is in much need of
a general overhauling and streamlining. However, our resistance to any
changes requiring a large expenditure of mental effort in the near
future would cause us to view with some apprehension the possibility
of some day receiving a morning paper printed in -- to us -- Greek.

Our own plan would achieve the same end as the legislation proposed by
Mr. Shaw, but in a less shocking manner, as it consists merely of an
acceleration of the normal processes by which the language is
continually modernized.

As a catalytic agent, we would suggest that a "National Easy Language
Week" be proclaimed, which the President would inaugurate, outlining
some short cut to concentrate on during the week, and to be adopted
during the ensuing year. All school children would be given a holiday,
the lost time being the equivalent of that gained by the spelling
short cut.

In l972, for example, we would urge the elimination of the soft "c,"
for which we would substitute "s." Sertainly, such an improvement
would be selebrated in all sivic- minded sircles as being suffisiently
worth the trouble, and students in all sities in the land would be
reseptive toward any change eliminating the nesessity of learning the
differense between the two letters.

In l973, sinse only the hard "c" would be left, it would be possible
to substitute "k" for it, both letters being pronounsed
identikally. Imagine how greatly only two years of this prosess would
klarify the konfusion in the minds of students. Already we would have
eliminated an entire letter from the alphabet. Typewriters and
linotypes kould all be built with one less letter, and all the
manpower and materials previously devoted to making "c's" kould be
turned toward raising the national standard of living.

In the fase of so many notable improvements, it is easy to foresee
that by l974 "National Easy Language Week" would be a pronounsed
sukses. All skhool tshildren would be looking forward with
konsiderable exsitement to the holiday, and in a blaze of national
publisity it would be announsed that the double konsonant "ph" no
longer existed, and that the sound would henseforth be written "f" in
all words. This would make sutsh words as "fonograf" twenty percent
shorter in print.

By l975, publik interest in a fonetik alfabet kan be expekted to have
inkreased to the point where a more radikal step forward kan be taken
without fear of undue kritisism. We would therefore urge the
elimination at that time of al unesesary double leters, whitsh,
although quite harmles, have always ben a nuisanse in the language and
a desided deterent to akurate speling. Try it yourself in the next
letter you write, and se if both writing and reading are not
fasilitated.

With so mutsh progres already made, it might be posible in l976 to
delve further into the posibilities of fonetik speling. After due
konsideration of the reseption aforded the previous steps, it should
be expedient by this time to spel al difthongs fonetikaly. Most
students do not realize that the long "i" and "y," as in "time" and
"by," are aktualy the difthong "ai," as it is writen in "aisle," and
that the long "a" in "fate," is in reality the difthong "ei" as in
"rein." Although perhaps not imediately aparent, the saving in taime
and efort wil be tremendous when we leiter elimineite the sailent "e,"
as meide posible bai this last tsheinge.

For, as is well known, the horible mes of "e's" apearing in our writen
language is kaused prinsipaly bai the present nesesity of indikeiting
whether avowel is long or short. Therefore, in l977 we kould simply
elimineit al sailent "e's," and kontinu to read and wrait merily along
as though we wer in an atomik ag of edukation.

In l978 we would urg a greit step forward. Sins bai this taim it would
have ben four years sins anywun had used the leter "c," we would
sugest that the "National Easy Languag Wek" for l978 be devoted to
substitution of "c" for "th." To be sur, it would be som taim befor
peopl would bekom akustomd to reading ceir newspapers and buks wic
sutsh sentenses in cem as "Ceodor caught he had cre cousand cistls
crust crough his cumb."

In ce seim maner, bai meiking eatsh leter hav its own sound and cat
sound only, we kould shorten ce languag stil mor. In l979 we would
elimineit ce "y"; cen in l98O we kould us ce leter to indikeit ce "sh"
sound, cerbai klarifaiing words laik "yut," "yore," and so forc. Cink,
cen, of al ce benefits to be geind bai ce distinktion whitsh wil cen
be maid between words laik:

ocean now written oyean
machine now written mayin
racial now written reiyial

Al sutsh divers weis of wraiting wun sound would no longer exist, and
whenever wun kaim akros a "y" sound he would know exaktli what to
wrait.

Kontinuing cis proses, year after year, we would eventuali hav a reali
sensibl writen languag. By l995, wi ventyur tu sei, cer wud bi no mor
uv ces teribl trublsum difkultis, wic no tu leters usd to indikeit ce
seim nois, and laikwais no tu noises riten wic ce seim leter. Even
Mr. Yaw, wi beliv, wud be hapi in ce noleg cat his drims fainali keim
tru.

Thanks --

David

(Remove "xx" to reply.)

marteno

Feb 27, 2003, 8:15:01 AM2/27/03
saluton Danijela, gxoje revidi vin cxi tie :-)

"Danijela Drakula" <danijela...@sk.hinet.hr> skribis

> The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up
> konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

kaj la sxparita klavo povos uzati por iu cxapelita litero! bonege!! :-)

marteno

ps. sxajnas al mi ke de Shaw devenas la sxerco, ke la anglan vorton
"fish" oni povus skribi en la angla ankaux "ghoti" kaj legi same [fisx]

cxar ja "gh" legigxas [f] (en la vorto "enough" [inaf]),
"o" legigxas [i] (en la vorto "women" [wimin]),
kaj "ti" legigxas [sx] (en la vorto "nation" [neisx6n])

kion do fari, klare apenaux sukceseblas por fremdulo tian cxi
lingvon mastri :-)
m.

Danijela Drakula

Mar 1, 2003, 3:39:53 AM3/1/03

Estimata,

"David Wolff" <dwol...@panix.com> wrote in message

Vi skribas:

> This is YABBVOACS -- yet another badly-butchered version of a classic
> story -- so classic that people keep misremembering it, then
> dismembering it. The original is just under 1,000 words, and deserves
> better treatment. Here's the original.

Mi dankas pro la informo kaj pardonpetas pro mia nescio pri la fonto de la
verko.
Tamen permesu ke la originala verko rajtas esti adaptita por cxiutagaj
bezonoj.

Vi skribas:

> Mi pardonpetas la anglajxon, sed simpatiu nin, kiuj suferas la
> nefonetikecon de la lingvo...

Mi bedauras ke vi miskomprenis mian intencon, kaj demandu vin kiel tio
okazis cxar mi nenie diris au montris ke la nefonetikeco de la angla estas
ridinda. Tio estus absurde cxar cxiu lingvo havas siajn trajtojn kiuj faras
gxin aparte valora.
Al mi rakonto estis amuza, kaj mi esperis ke estos al kelkaj aliaj homoj,
kaj ne intencis iun ofendi. Kial ridinda ? , se mi pli pripensas - gxuste
pro la kontraua motivo ol vi ekpensis, pro la absurdajxo fonetikigi la
anglan lingvon, "euro-pecig-agadi" en la angla se mi rajtas diri tiel.
Al mi, kiel apartenanto de la ne-anglolingva lando tio sxajnas ridinda (kaj
mi konfesas ankau amuza :-), cxar mia slava gepatra lingvo estas suficxe
fonetika), kaj mi divenas ke viaj sentoj estas pli tusxitaj per tiu
'eksperimentado' cxar vi supozeble apartenas al iu anglolingva lando.

amike,

Danijela

marteno

Mar 1, 2003, 4:49:15 PM3/1/03
"Danijela Drakula" <danijela...@sk.hinet.hr> skribis

> Mi bedauras ke vi miskomprenis mian intencon, kaj demandu vin kiel tio
> okazis ĉar mi nenie diris au montris ke la nefonetikeco de la angla estas
> ridinda. Tio estus absurde ĉar ĉiu lingvo havas siajn trajtojn kiuj faras
> ĝin aparte valora.

tamen oni povas "suferi pri ĝi" (kiel skribas David);
mi ankoraŭ memoras kiel mi suferis ĝin lernante;
(kvankam ne precipe nefonetikeco, sed komplikeco de fonetika sistemo mem
(=prononcado/aŭdkompreno) kaj sintakso estis ĉefaj kialoj)

en unu argumentado pri eo inter slovakaj ne-e-istoj oni diris al mi
ke "tamen eo estas aĉa lingvo kiu al mi entute ne plaĉas";
mi respondis: tiaĵon mi pri iu ajn lingvo neniam diris... do efektive
jes, iam pri la angla, sed nur kiam mi ĝin ankoraŭ ne regis;
nun, iom ekreginte, ankaŭ ĝi al mi ekplaĉis :-)

(do espereble ŝli komprenis ke post eklerno de esperanto ankaŭ ĝi
ekplaĉos al ŝli :-))

> Al mi rakonto estis amuza, kaj mi esperis ke estos al kelkaj aliaj homoj,

ankaŭ al mi; kial do? estas la demando; ŝajnas al mi ke ĉefe pro
nekutimeco; multaj vortoj/aĵoj ne ankoraŭ kutimiĝintaj povas esti
ridigaj, tamen post kutimiĝo oni ilin akceptas kiel tute normalajn

> absurdaĵo fonetikigi la

eble ne estas absurdaĵo; ĉu vere ne realigebla? mi ne aŭdacas prijuĝi;
kaj mi eĉ ne volas; oni lasu "kopirajton" por la angla al anglalingvanoj;
lingvo internacia estas do esperanto :-)

> anglan lingvon, "euro-pecig-agadi" en la angla se mi rajtas diri tiel.

mi ŝatas la vortludon: eŭrop-ec-ig-adi x eŭro-pecig-(ag)adi

salutas

marteno