Fw: Free articles in the August issue

Boris Jaeger

Aug 16, 2009, 8:37:03 AM8/16/09
to "SP team (gg)"
No Jerry, you're the boss. You have to say what's free and what's not. Actually you already did:

"all lead stories in subsequent magazines are unlocked for public access. " (see http://www.smartpeoplemagazine.com/sp-magazine/)

For me this means the first article of each section is for free. This would be 5 articles as the K-Factor is rather a column (only one article) than a section. So I was always confused because you marked more than 5 articles to be free in the files you sent me. Not only the K-Factor article but also a second article in the section with the free cover story ... So for the future just let me know if I'm right with my assumtion and if yes, make sure that you place the free articles at the beginning of each section

Boris

Aug 16, 2009, 9:03:11 AM8/16/09
to "SP team (gg)"
Jerry,

as for the manifesto of the DNAdigital digital natives (http://tinyurl.com/DNAd-facebook) why don't you make two parts. The first one with a sidebar about DNAdigital and a teaser text like for the KM Six Pack articles, the second one with a link to the DNAdigital sidebar. Maybe you also point to the free book where the manifesto was published first (some articles are in english, worth to read - http://tinyurl.com/DNAd-book). I think it would be easy to split it as there are 8 chapters. .... And, don't forget to add the Creative Commons licence!

Apart from that you should take a look at the author guidelines on the Smart People magazine website (http://www.smartpeoplemagazine.com/for-authors/). They need to be adjusted at least for the # of words, right? Just send me the changes ...

Boris

Aug 16, 2009, 9:54:59 PM8/16/09
to smart-pe...@googlegroups.com
Boris.

Actually, the September issue is closed, so October is the first issue
I can present the Manifesto. I'll keep your 2-part suggestion in mind
as an option to a three pager in October.

Good catch on the Writer's Guidelines. I hope I remember to edit it
tomorrow. To tired tonight.

Thanks.

Jerry