Sharing invoices templates.

FTella

Sep 27, 2011, 4:55:31 PM9/27/11
to siwapp-users
Hi!

It would be great to have somewhere to share invoices templates. For
example, this post or something more outstanding in the website.
Message has been deleted

José de Zárate

Sep 27, 2011, 5:31:09 PM9/27/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
FTella. I do agree very much with you. Let's start with your suggestion. I'm putting a link to this thread in the wiki.

uh, oh.

Message has been deleted

JoeZ

Sep 27, 2011, 5:56:50 PM9/27/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com

Joan

Nov 8, 2011, 4:56:06 AM11/8/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Adjunto la plantilla que yo uso / Attached template I use:

Impuestos IVA / IRPF (Los impuestos se deben llamar así) / VAT Taxes / IRPF Tax (taxes should called VAT and IRPF)
Textos en Español / Labels in Spanish
Incluyo Fecha al lado de la serie / Include invoice date into header, near the series.

FacturaIRPF.txt

José de Zárate

Nov 8, 2011, 5:27:02 AM11/8/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
great!

uh, oh.

Fernando Tella

Dec 14, 2011, 7:17:51 AM12/14/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I need some advise; which program would you use to edit the templates for best control? Dreamweaver for example?

José de Zárate

Dec 14, 2011, 7:33:14 AM12/14/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
never used an html editor. can't tell.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Fernando Tella <fte...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!
I need some advise; which program would you use to edit the templates for best control? Dreamweaver for example?

uh, oh.

nok nok

Dec 14, 2011, 8:47:07 PM12/14/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
If you don't have any html editor you can always use notepad. I don't recommend  DW for this, maybe just screw thing up.

There are plenty text editors you can use for this:  notepad+, ultraedit among others, those highlight hmtl
--
- nok nok
- Who's  there

Fernando Tella

Dec 21, 2011, 4:50:32 PM12/21/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Notepad++ will do. Thanks!

The graphical feedback is what I am missing. I'm not a coder at all, so I move easier in a graphical interface (I can manage typing code but with an extra effort). I would be happy being able to just import "functional blocks" and move them in the paper.

José de Zárate

Dec 21, 2011, 5:08:09 PM12/21/11
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if it helps, but the syntax of the template system used in siwapp is almost exactly to the one used in django templates. so, if you find any graphical html editor that can handle django template tags, you can use it.

remember to embed the css styles in the page, and not let them be loaded from an external .css file.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Fernando Tella <fte...@gmail.com> wrote:
Notepad++ will do. Thanks!

The graphical feedback is what I am missing. I'm not a coder at all, so I move easier in a graphical interface (I can manage typing code but with an extra effort). I would be happy being able to just import "functional blocks" and move them in the paper.

uh, oh.

Nick-London

Jan 5, 2012, 12:07:00 PM1/5/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I've created a template for our company using a text editor.
It is attached. I've made use of the terms & cond area for service information.
Removed Qty field and discount field. Base field.
Some of the fields are not to be entered, e.g. customer identification and shipping address. That can be changed though.
Works ok for a service company like us.

Nick

siwapp-template.txt

Jaseer Kianagattil

May 31, 2012, 11:19:08 PM5/31/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Gr8...

Any Idea about adding the transaction details / Due etc in the invoice..

Thanks..

jorisx

Jun 2, 2012, 2:16:02 PM6/2/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
just add them in the template:
  • invoice.issue_date
  • invoice.due_date
Example:

Cyber Axe

Jul 4, 2012, 11:43:22 AM7/4/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Here's my template I finally got finished, It's an optimized version of the default template, with bug fixes and enhancements.

Changes:
     Should work with the paper it was intended for and auto center itself on paper that is of a different size while keeping the same margins. (Tested with A4)
     Will not show Tax column if there is no Tax info.
     Fixed so Discount Info is no longer shown.
     Anything else that is empty wont be shown.
     Moved Notes into the Empty space to the left of the totals.
     Added back in rowspan for table cells to the left of the totals but it changes according to content so should always be correct.
     Some W3C Error Correction.
     Added in Issue and Due Dates since invoices are pretty pointless without at least one.
     Changes to layout at the top of the page so its more compact and clean, the logo is now resized to a max width of 300px and put in the top left so everything should fit on a single page.

Only dis advantage is it hasn't been optimized to appear perfect in the PDF maker, but i haven't been using that anyway since it didn't work that great on the default in the first place.
Siwapp Template.txt

Esteban Dourado

Aug 8, 2012, 1:17:35 PM8/8/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com

Hi! Is there any way to get some text ALWAYS in the bottom of the page?

e.g. conditions always in the bottom, no matter about number of articles.

Greets!

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Aug 8, 2012, 3:54:06 PM8/8/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
You have to edit the invoice template.

It only requires html skills!
--
Enviado desde mi teléfono Android con K-9 Mail. Disculpa mi brevedad

Esteban Dourado <est...@greencomputers.es> escribió:

Hi! Is there any way to get some text ALWAYS in the bottom of the page?

e.g. conditions always in the bottom, no matter about number of articles.

Greets!

Lutin

Aug 8, 2012, 4:58:08 PM8/8/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Do mean like a footer?

Jaseer Kinangattil

Aug 8, 2012, 10:23:12 PM8/8/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
yes.. i am also want to know about adding footer for templates

Thanks & Regards

Jaseer Kinangattil
http://www.easysites.in

Esteban Dourado

Aug 9, 2012, 5:50:32 AM8/9/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that´s the word: footer.

My brother and I, are trying to get the footer working, with our HTML skills, with no luck.

I need that footer, so we can write payment information, for example, bank accounts, etc. That information is now in the invoice, but next to articles details. So, if i have only one article, this information is displayed at the middle of the invoice.

Any clue?

Esteban Dourado

Aug 10, 2012, 11:44:01 AM8/10/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Of course, FOOTER tags do not work!

Jaseer Kinangattil

Aug 12, 2012, 10:01:01 PM8/12/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
But, With the CSS it can be done i think...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/siwapp-users/-/Xdiz9ZM4twkJ.

Thanks & Regards

Jaseer Kinangattil

Esteban Dourado

Aug 13, 2012, 12:18:05 PM8/13/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Well, I´ll try...

Jaseer Kinangattil

Aug 14, 2012, 9:15:55 PM8/14/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Please check this template, I have added a footer
invoice_template.txt

Esteban Dourado

Aug 15, 2012, 10:48:46 AM8/15/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Jaseer, thanks for your help, but it does not work.

When you print the invoice, the "footer" appears when the document ends, and NOT when the page ends.

Thanks again!

More ideas?

Jaseer Kinangattil

Aug 15, 2012, 6:22:05 PM8/15/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
No Friend, i have another problem. when am downloading the pdf, there is no logo inside the pdf. while printing it is there, any idea about this.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/siwapp-users/-/zijeN2Z9UL8J.

Esteban Dourado

Aug 16, 2012, 3:17:51 PM8/16/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
No Jaseer, I´m sorry, but I´m still doing tests without logo. Footer is my first goal!

Lutin

Sep 3, 2012, 3:36:39 AM9/3/12
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com

I was having a similar problem where the logo would appear when printing, and in the pdf, but not in emails.

To solve it, I but in the full path to my logo in the template to replace the {{company.logo}} (or whatever it's called) variable.

Prateek Soni

Aug 21, 2013, 12:36:15 AM8/21/13
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
I tried to use a different invoice template with some changes on CSS.

I have created the complete invoice template but it is not working. While printing the template or taking out the pdf it shows

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
Something is broken
Please e-mail us at [email] and let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
What's next

I am attaching the template here. Please advise me where I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.
paid.html

Prateek Soni

Aug 21, 2013, 12:37:48 AM8/21/13
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
paid.html

Pirvu Florinel

Aug 21, 2013, 1:50:00 AM8/21/13
to siwapp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Soni,

I found an eror in your template at line 533

modify

with:

This will fix your error and the invoice will look nice in html format but won't look the same in pdf as the pdf framework does not support javascript.

Cheers