Flash player auto play

chris...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2012, 2:08:59 PM12/26/12
to siteshelp...@googlegroups.com
Question:   Hi! Your site is great and has helped me set up a very cool professional website.
However, I have two Flash wrapper players that start automatically when I open the Music page.
How do you program only one to start playing. It is really disorienting when they both start...

URL of your website (if applicable):

Julie Sharma

Dec 26, 2012, 5:52:00 PM12/26/12
to siteshelp...@googlegroups.com, chris...@gmail.com
You need to modify the FlashVars for the player, which can be done either in the gadget settings or HTML.

That is, the player has an FlashVar action set to either stop or play. It sounds like yours are set to play, so you simply need to change that to stop.

To do this:
1) click on the pencil to edit page
2) click on the box where your mp3 player is

To modify via gadget settings:
3) click on the gray box that represents that gadget you'd like to modify
4) in the toolbar that appears, click on the gear to access gadget settings
5) in the FlashVars box, find action=
6) if it says action=stop change the word stop to play (results should be &action=stop&)
7) click ok
8) click save to save and view changes
9) repeat for any additional gadgets you'd like to modify

To modify via HTML:

3) click on <HTML>
4) scan page for "action" (easy way, do ctrl f or command f and do a find for action) and check what word is after action, stop or play (you should find the term "action" 3 times for each player)

you might see something like these:

action%3Dstop
action=stop

5) for each occasion of "stop" change it to "play" (again, for each player, you'll probably find the action term 3 times--change to "play" like these:

action%3Dplay
action%3Dplay
;action=play&amp;

6) click "Update"
7) click "Save" to save and view changes and verify that players work correctly.

Julie

chris...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2012, 7:05:34 PM12/26/12
to siteshelp...@googlegroups.com, chris...@gmail.com
Yes, the problem was in the Gadget settings I deleted the "&" before "action". So I was
able to set them to play, thanks for getting back to me so soon.

Also, just so you know, I was setting up my Comments section, and I had to
3 and 4 of the Initial Setup, I had to go into the Forms menu and check off "Accepting
as a default. So people who follow your directions to the letter (as I was)
will run into that problem.
Everything else works like a charm,
Thanks!

chris...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2012, 7:06:54 PM12/26/12
to siteshelp...@googlegroups.com, chris...@gmail.com
Sorry, in my previous Response I meant to write that I had to "add a step" in between your
steps 3 and 4....

sap...@gmail.com

May 24, 2013, 4:26:17 AM5/24/13
to siteshelp...@googlegroups.com, chris...@gmail.com
Julie you are a magician.
I googled a lot before arriving to your website.
I added the gadget, loaded the music, and now with your further suggestion it plays by itself.
see (and listen to) the result: https://sites.google.com/site/unionelettoriitaliani/immagini
Thanks a lot.
How do I subscribe to your site to read the updates?

Julie Sharma

May 24, 2013, 10:56:45 PM5/24/13
to siteshelp...@googlegroups.com, sap...@gmail.com
I'm glad the site is helpful.

You can subscribe to updates by clicking on " Subscribe to posts by email" on, for example, this page: https://sites.google.com/site/siteshelphowtos/google-sites-instructions/Gadgets (and I have similar links on my Basics, Images, Links, and Templates & Web Design pages).

Julie

tamarac...@yahoo.com

Mar 22, 2017, 3:41:10 PM3/22/17
to Julie's Google Site Help Questions and Comments, chris...@gmail.com