sipXcom 18.08 Beta

Michael Picher

Aug 10, 2018, 11:08:50 AM8/10/18
to sipxcom-users

sipXcom Beta Release 18.08

August 10, 2018

Summary

eZuce is pleased to announce the Beta Release of sipXcom 18.08. As a beta release, some of these notes may be revised before the actual release.

Important - Do not directly upgrade to 18.08 from any version before 18.04. The 18.04 upgrade must be completed first. Please read the release notes for 18.04 if you are not on 18.04 yet.

The two major features in this release are the Admin GUI Menu restructuring and the addition of the ability to age voicemail out of the system by user group.

The Admin GUI’s menus have been updated to be sorted alphabetically and with some sub-menus. The menus have always been built dynamically based on which services were enabled. This was what lead to the system menu being as long as it was. Well, we decided to address this issue and bring some structure to the menus. Hopefully, new users of the system will find things more easily and hopefully, our long-term admins don’t want to inflict pain on us.

Highlights

sipXcom New Features:

  • Automatic Voicemail purging by User Group

uniteme Improvements:

  • Admin GUI Restructuring

  • Set file names for Network Packet Capture Service so they end in .pcap

Notes

  1. Full Beta Release Notes with installation information are located here: 18.08 Full Beta Release Notes

  2. The regular release of 18.08 should have the ability to upgrade from earlier versions using the upgrade script used in 18.04. For the purposes of this beta release, please only do upgrades from 18.04 if you test systems are on a version earlier than 18.04, upgrade to 18.04 first.

Who Should Install?

This is a beta release and not recommended for production use.

This release is recommended for all 4.6 and later installations. If you have a patch installed to your system a new patch may be required.

Questions

Please post to the sipXcom-users google group if you have questions.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sipxcom-users

Specific Issues Addressed

Specific issues can be located in the detailed release notes in the wiki at: http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+18.08

Michael Picher

Aug 10, 2018, 1:18:40 PM8/10/18
to sipxcom-users

Charles Chalekson

Aug 11, 2018, 3:43:52 AM8/11/18
to sipxcom-users
Did Cent OS 7 suppprt make it in this beta?

Michael Picher

Aug 11, 2018, 3:49:55 AM8/11/18
to Charles Chalekson, sipxcom-users
It did not. We couldn't get it to QA in time and we had some pressing items on the commercial product side that we needed to get out. We are thinking that we might do a 18.10 release that is CentOS 7 related items only.

Mike