Failed Auto-Provisioning

Chisom Nnorom

Nov 13, 2018, 3:58:31 AM11/13/18
to sipxcom-users
I have installed a new system sipXcom 16.02 but I can not seem to get the system to auto provision ciscoplus phones 7945G and 7965G. The config file is created in the tftp folder but the file is empty. Any tips on what I can do to resolve the issue?

Todd Hodgen

Nov 13, 2018, 4:08:02 AM11/13/18
to Chisom Nnorom, sipxcom-users

I’m pretty certain those phones are not supported on the system.  There isn’t much support for Cisco phones in the system, and what is there I don’t believe is supported ongoing.   If you are needing that phone supported, you might have to contribute the code to support them.

Michael Picher

Nov 13, 2018, 4:13:10 AM11/13/18
to Chisom Nnorom, sipxcom-users
Hi Chisom,

I am curious as to why you would pick such an old version for a new install. The latest GA release is 18.08.

Only certain phones will do what we call auto provisioning. Auto provisioning is where you plug a new phone in, it is given a fake userid that it can then register with after downloading the config. Once the phone is registered, the admin will see it in the list of phones and be able to manage it.

Polycom phones work with auto provisioning as may others (I don't have a list handy). I'm pretty sure that those Cisco phones will not.

You can configure those in the GUI. How they find the provisioning service is usually by setting option 66 in the DHCP server. Also, you won't get full system functionality with those phones... The SIP implementation is notoriously bad on the Cisco phones.

Thanks,
Mike

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018, 3:58 AM Chisom Nnorom <chis...@ng.lopworks.com wrote:
I have installed a new system sipXcom 16.02 but I can not seem to get the system to auto provision ciscoplus phones 7945G and 7965G. The config file is created in the tftp folder but the file is empty. Any tips on what I can do to resolve the issue?

Todd Hodgen

Nov 13, 2018, 4:42:55 AM11/13/18
to Chisom Nnorom, Michael Picher, sipxcom-users
I looked at my 18.08 system and didnt see those models in the template list.

sent by my two left twiddling thumbs...

Nov 13, 2018, 4:48:06 AM11/13/18
to Todd Hodgen, Chisom Nnorom, sipxcom-users
Ok, maybe they were removed... He'd have to manually create configs and load them into tftp folder...