Download from Repository

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 9, 2018, 4:50:37 AM7/9/18
to sipxcom-users
Hi,

I am trying to configure CentOS 7.5 x64 in Digital Ocean VPS.

How do I install the repository. I am able to login to the server, but not able to understand from the repository link, on how to download the repository to the server.

I am not a trained linux person. Hence, would like to have help, if someone is willing to spare time.

Regards,
Deepak

Michael Picher

Jul 9, 2018, 5:03:16 AM7/9/18
to Deepak Bhandari, sipxcom-users
Did you read the wiki? Wiki.sipxcom.org.

And CentOS 6 until 18.08 is released.

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 9, 2018, 5:13:43 AM7/9/18
to sipxcom-users

Dear Michael,

I have gone through. They are recommending the Centos 6, but Centos 6 option is not there in Digital Ocean. They have 6.7, 6.9 and 7.5.

Secondly the repository download link is giving an error.

I have attached the screen shot.

Regards,

Deepak

George Niculae

Jul 9, 2018, 6:23:14 AM7/9/18
to deepa...@gmail.com, sipxcom-users
According to the screen shot you uploaded you're trying to install it on CentOS7 which is not supported. Use the 6.9 version

George

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 9, 2018, 1:33:17 PM7/9/18
to sipxcom-users
Dear George,

Thank you for your support.

I tried doing with Centos 6.9. The URL is missing.

If you guide me the path from http://download.sipxcom.org/pub/sipXecs/18.04/CentOS_6/, it will be good. I do not know which extension thereafter.

Please note the screen shot.

Regards,
Deepak

On Monday, 9 July 2018 14:20:37 UTC+5:30, Deepak Bhandari wrote:
Screenshot 2018-07-09 22.57.32.png

Michael Picher

Jul 9, 2018, 5:09:50 PM7/9/18
to Deepak Bhandari, sipxcom-users
The repo file is in the directory above that...

Information on all the download files are in the wiki: http://wiki.ezuce.com/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+ISO+Images+and+RPM+Repositories

There's even a video....

Thanks,
   Mike

I'll do today what others don't so that I can do tomorrow what others can't. - Mat Fraser

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 12, 2018, 6:15:27 AM7/12/18
to sipxcom-users
Dear Michael,

Thank you for much. I had checked the video before, but only the initial part. The initial part was showing booting from OS, hence thought not applicable in my case.

As you pointed it out again to me, I wanted to check the whole video.

Is BOOTPRO = 'dhcp' must? In my VPS default settings is showing BOOTPRO = none

Regards,
Deepak

Michael Picher

Jul 12, 2018, 10:33:46 AM7/12/18
to Deepak Bhandari, sipxcom-users
no, not a must...

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 12, 2018, 11:00:34 AM7/12/18
to sipxcom-users
Dear Michael,

The server has been installed as instructed by your video on the VPS.

What may be possible reason of it not able to be accessed from the public IP?

Please note the VPS already has a pre-configured IP. Do note the screen shots.

Regards,
Deepak
2018-07-12 (5).png
2018-07-12 (6).png

Michael Picher

Jul 12, 2018, 11:07:33 AM7/12/18
to Deepak Bhandari, sipxcom-users
Sorry Deepak, I can't be your CentOS / Networking / Virtual server technical support. You'll need to do some learning I'm afraid.

Mike

Michael Picher, VP of Product Management
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square

Suite 104

Andover, MA. 01810

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above. Any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 12, 2018, 11:19:08 AM7/12/18
to sipxcom-users
Dear Michael,

You have been of great help. I do understand your point. I have already raised the issue with the VPS company.

Actually the server is showing connected in the console, and after some time it is showing disconnected.

Thank you again so much.

Regards,
Deepak

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 12, 2018, 1:21:05 PM7/12/18
to sipxcom-users
Dear Michael,

Finally I have been able to install. Had to create another instance, and the failure was purely of VPS.

Thank you so much for helping me continuously.

Now the challenge lies in the configuration. We have a 3CX configured on AWS. Let me see how I can cope with SIPXCOM :)

Regards,
Deepak

Michael Picher

sauga...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2018, 11:35:40 AM7/13/18
to sipxcom-users
Dear Michael,

More help needed!

SIP Trunk has been activated.

1. Is TLS certificate must? How to get if it is must.
2. Is there any configuration settings for Zoiper softphones?

Regards,
Deepak

Todd Hodgen

Jul 13, 2018, 1:01:10 PM7/13/18
to sipxcom-users, sauga...@gmail.com
The wiki is your friend.  This is an open source product.  As such, technically there isn't tech support.  The school of hard knocks serves as a great training method.  There are several soft phones documented in the wiki.

sent by my two left twiddling thumbs...

Jul 18, 2018, 5:44:45 AM7/18/18
to Deepak Bhandari, sipxcom-users

Is the server on the same subnet as the workstation your soft client is running on?   I would work from setting the sip server address as the IP address provided to your server until you get it working that way first.

from the workstation, can you even ping the server?

Does your soft client have a debug mode?  Try enabling it.

You could also try a wire shark capture on your workstation with the Soft CLient to see if it even reaches the server - and see what errors it returns

If you have packet capture enabled on the sipxcom server, you should be able to open one of the pcap files to see if you see the registration attempt arriving at the server.

Jul 18, 2018, 8:20:19 AM7/18/18
to sipxcom-users
Dear Todd,

Thank you for your reply, and helping.

The client is Xlite and Zoiper softphones. There is no option for subnet in these softphones. I am checking with Win10 and Android version softphones.

The IP address is provided by the Virtual Private Server hosting company, and it is a static IP. The server is working fine.

The packet is reaching, but it is not getting authorised.

Honestly, there is too much of time spent. And now I am finding it is not worth. It is better to pay 3CX.... :(

Regards,
Deepak

Deepak Bhandari

Jul 22, 2018, 2:44:33 AM7/22/18
to sipxcom-users
Hi,

I am getting this error of 'unauthorized'.

User account seems to be configured fine.

The softphone tested UDP, TCP & TLS. It gave the issue as 'none of the service available'.

Which protocol to use, and how to start the service?

Regards,
Deepak