Apply Shared/BLA causes internal error on 19.04

Burleigh, Matt

Aug 8, 2019, 11:35:14 AM8/8/19
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com

I am building a new standalone 19.04 install. I get an internal error when trying to enable Shared/BLA on any user. User only has softphones(Bria and Jitsi) assigned. From researching the list archives there maybe a workaround for this but I can figure out where this “outboundProxy.address” needs to be defined. Thanks for any help. Also, I tried a couple times to create a Jira account and it gives 500 error page.

Here a snippet of the exception from the sipxconfig.log.

"2019-08-08T15:18:58.096000Z":3471:JAVA:WARNING:sipx.example.net:qtp2047449123-3460:00000000:AbstractSetting:"Cannot find setting: reg/outboundProxy.address in "

"2019-08-08T15:18:58.149000Z":3472:JAVA:WARNING:sipx.example.net:qtp2047449123-3460:00000000:RequestExceptionReporter:"Unable to process client request: Exception invoking listener method saveSharedLine of component user/UserPhones: F

ailure invoking listener method 'public void org.sipfoundry.sipxconfig.site.user.UserPhones.saveSharedLine()' on $UserPhones_207@3c1[user/UserPhones]: java.lang.NullPointerException"

org.apache.tapestry.BindingException: Exception invoking listener method saveSharedLine of component user/UserPhones: Failure invoking listener method 'public void org.sipfoundry.sipxconfig.site.user.UserPhones.saveSharedLine()' on $UserP

hones_207@3c1[user/UserPhones]: java.lang.NullPointerException [context:/WEB-INF/user/UserPhones.html, line 26]

pmkr...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2019, 2:08:03 PM8/9/19
to sipxcom-users
Hi Matt - look at registration menu for your shared line - see step 4 of this wiki page http://wiki.ezuce.com/display/sipXcom/Setting+Up+Bridge+Line+Appearance+Lines+for+Small+and+Medium+Businesses. There should be a fix in 19.04 that automatically provisions this field with the SIP domain for the server - if it isn't there, than populate that field with the SIP domain of your server to see if this resolves your issue.

The other observation is that the Bria and JTSI must include support of the RLS service in their clients. Bria 5 no longer delivers this capability as part of their base offering and must be explicitly requested from Counterpath. It's the workgroup address option in the presence tab of the SIP account that is no longer available - see http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/Basic+Bria+Configuration+with+Sipxecs+4.6 step 2 option 3. You need that functionality in order for shared lines to  work with Bria or JTSI.

All the best
Peter