Phone Registration Expiring after 19.04 upgrade

Jhony Perez

Oct 14, 2019, 2:05:40 PM10/14/19
to sipxcom-users
I have a system with lots of Polycom SoundPoint phones running for many years without any issues.

After upgrading from 18.04 with Centos 6 to 19.04 with Centos 7 we started experiencing registrations expiring at an alarming rate, all else looks good and healthy and the system may go as much as 24 hours without a single phone expiring but then all of the sudden the count goes down one by one up to 40 phones expiring and all the services are running fine and a restart of the sipxecsservices or the entire server does nothing, then on its own starts working fine again, but by then, up to 8 hours later and lots of users complains.

I even set the SipxRegistrar setting for max and min expire time to 3600 and 60 and it made no difference.

The system has 3 servers with HA configure as it's been for the past 7 years. and the load balancing goes to 3.0 when it looks fine and then it drops to 2.6 or so when it's not but again, each server looks good.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Massimo Vignone

Oct 15, 2019, 3:37:24 AM10/15/19
to sipxcom-users
Same happened to me, can't say why.

To mitigate the problem, I've unchecked 'Send 'Trying' response on registrations'  and changed from 0 to 60 the 'Additional registration grace period' in System > Services > SIP Registrar.

Jhony Perez

Oct 16, 2019, 11:37:07 AM10/16/19
to sipxcom-users
Thank you for the response.... I had already done that as well but while it helps a bit does not fix the issue, the best I've done so far is put the min and max expires under the sipxregistrar settings but again still having the same issue just not as bad.

I'll probably downgrade if I cannot find a fix soon to this issue.

Does anyone knows why this is happening? I can't find anything wrong anywhere, no logs no nothing....

Gerald Drouillard

Oct 16, 2019, 11:50:34 AM10/16/19
to sipxcom-users
Did you try in the phone group setup|Lines|Registration|Primary
registration server|address: IP of the server
> --

Regards
--------------------------------------
Gerald Drouillard

Jhony Perez

Oct 16, 2019, 12:55:46 PM10/16/19
to sipxcom-users
No, I haven't try that....I did try pointing directly to a server instead of the domain and it made no difference, I'll try that and see if that identify the cause and helps us get a more permanent solution that won't cost us the HA.

Thank you.

Michael Picher

Oct 16, 2019, 1:09:58 PM10/16/19
to sipxcom-users
I don't know that I'd do that with a cluster...

Todd Hodgen

Oct 16, 2019, 1:41:00 PM10/16/19
to Gerald Drouillard, sipxcom-users
That is an excellent idea.